Product Code: 51474
The global subsea well intervention market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 2% during the period of 2020-2025. The increasing drilling and completion activities, globally, has been driving the demand for the subsea well intervention market over the study period. However, the volatile oil prices over the recent period, owing to the supply-demand gap, geopolitics, and several other factors have been restraining the growth in the demand for subsea well intervention.
- North America is estimated to have the maximum share of the subsea well intervention market, in 2018. Additionally, the growth rate of the South America region is expected to be the highest during the forecast period, primarily due to the rapidly increasing oil and gas activities in the region, over the forecast period.
- The increasing oil and gas discoveries coupled with the liberalization in the industry globally, has been leading to the creation of new opportunities for the players to invest in. The new emerging markets are several developing nations of the Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific and South America.
Key Market Trends
Development of Deepwater and Ultra-Deepwater Reserves
- The investments related to deepwater projects are expected to be limited, before 2025. These resources are typically more expensive to develop, take a longer time to reach full production, and require additional investment in infrastructure, because of their presence in remote locations. However, most of the projects that are currently under development are expected to continue their operations.
- Despite high fixed costs and the requirement of long lead times from project conception to first production, offshore deepwater oil projects provide large production volumes that can achieve relatively low per-barrel operating costs over the reservoir life cycle.
- The majority of deepwater or ultra-deepwater production takes place in four countries: Brazil, the United States, Angola, and Norway. Brazil is a world leader in the development of deepwater and ultra-deepwater projects. This positive growth trend in crude oil production, from deepwater and ultra-deepwater resources in these regions, is expected to drive the demand for subsea well intervention market, during the forecast period.
- In 2018, Brazil and the United States together accounted for more than 90% of ultra-deepwater production globally. The presence of the most experienced international oil companies in the deepwater development and largest deepwater reserves makes the United States and Brazil the most attractive countries for upstream deepwater investment.
- All the above-mentioned factors have been driving the demand for subsea well intervention over the study period.
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America is expected to dominate the subsea well intervention market and to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period.
- The United States (US), as of 2019, is the largest producer of oil and gas. In the US, there are more than 900,000 active oil and gas wells, and more than 130,000 have been drilled since 2010.
- In 2018, the US has witnessed three significant oil discoveries, including two in the Gulf of Mexico, at Ballymore (545 Mb) at a depth of 2,000 m underwater, and at Appomattox (140 Mb) under 2,300 m of water.
- According to Canadian government report published in 2018, oil production from Canada is anticipated to reach 4.5 mmbpd by 2020, and production is expected to increase from an offshore well situated in the West Orphan Basin, offshore Newfoundland, and Labrador, which is estimated to hold 25.5 bbl of oil and 20.6 tcf of gas.
- The annual oil output of Mexico has been dropping, over the years, as the giant Cantrell field in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico drying up. However, the Mexican government is trying to increase private investments in its controlled areas of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Therefore, increasing oil and gas activities in the region are expected to increase the demand for subsea well intervention market over the forecast period in North America region.
The global subsea well intervention market is partially consolidated, due to the small number of companies operating in the industry. The key players in this market include Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton Company, China Oilfield Services, Weatherford Plc. And Baker Hughes Company.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Major Upcoming Upstream Projects
- 4.4 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.5 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.6 Market Dynamics
- 4.6.1 Drivers
- 4.6.2 Restraints
- 4.7 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.8.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.8.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.8.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.8.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.8.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Geography
- 5.1.1 North America
- 5.1.2 Europe
- 5.1.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.1.4 South America
- 5.1.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Schlumberger Limited
- 6.3.2 Weatherford International Plc.
- 6.3.3 Baker Hughes Company
- 6.3.4 Halliburton Company
- 6.3.5 China Oilfield Services Ltd.
- 6.3.6 National Oilwell Varco
- 6.3.7 Superior Energy Services Inc.
- 6.3.8 Expro Group
- 6.3.9 Archer Limited
- 6.3.10 Axis Well Technology
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS