Automotive Switch Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)
|発行||Mordor Intelligence LLP||商品コード||363377|
|出版日||ページ情報||英文 113 Pages
|世界の自動車用スイッチ市場：成長・動向・課題の分析 Automotive Switch Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)|
|出版日: 2019年04月01日||ページ情報: 英文 113 Pages||
The automotive switch market (henceforth, referred to as the market studied) was valued at USD 25.80 billion in 2018, and it is anticipated to register a CAGR of about 8.59% during the forecast period (2019 - 2024).
The automotive switch market covers all the latest investment and acquisition made by major players, the demand for electronic features in a vehicle, and initiatives taken by the government to make the vehicles safer. The scope of the report includes
Increasing Usage of Electronics in Vehicles Produced Across the World
The automotive industry is transitioning from hardware- to software-defined vehicles, and the average software and electronics content per vehicle is increasing rapidly. Both government involvement and consumers' demand for greater automatic control of systems have been resulting in the increased use of electronics in vehicles. Additionally, the increasing focus toward autonomous vehicles, and making cars smarter (by making them able to connect with each other, vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V), and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) communications), along with ensuring convenience for the consumers, the demand for electronic systems in new cars has been increasing rapidly. Moreover, the demand for automotive electronics has further increased, as technologies are being made widely available in mid-range and entry-level cars and also because consumers purchase technology-based aftermarket products.
The drivetrain electrification, especially in fully electric vehicles, has the advantages of high energy efficiency and zero tailpipe emissions. Thereby, the advent of a broad suite of microcontrollers, power semiconductors, switches, and sensors for the pure electric vehicle segment is expected to help drive the growth of the automotive switch market.
The Asia-Pacific region is leading the automotive switch market, followed by Europe and North America. The Chinese economy is growing, and the disposable income of middle-class consumers is also increasing. In 2017, 24,961,948 units of passenger vehicles were sold in China, compared to 24,376,902 units in 2016. The factors making China one of the largest growing markets for switches are low costs, due to the domestic concentration of manufacturing plants, and more sales.
The demand for automotive switches in India is growing swiftly, as the manufacturers are expanding their business by acquiring major players and also investing in R&D projects. For Instance: In March 2018, TVS Group acquired stake in ZF Electronics (TVS) India. TVS group informed that TVS Srichakra Limited (TSL) is acquiring 500,000 equity shares in ZF Electronics (TVS) India Pvt. Limited, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, TVS Srichakra Investments Limited.
The US companies are entering into partnerships and spending more on R&D projects and offering products with the latest technology and maximum efficiency. For instance:
In France, the enactment of the EUs' stringent emission regulations, the investment in driver safety segment, and installation of research and development (R&D) plants to improvise the ADAS systems have so far ensured the growth of the automotive switch market in the country. Additionally, installation of safety systems, like ABS and ESC, have also boosted the need for electromechanical braking automotive switch in the European region.
The automotive switch market is characterized by the presence of numerous domestic and international players, resulting in a highly fragmented market environment. In the market studied, 12 international and regional players account for approximately 27% of the market share and the remaining 73% of the market share is dominated by other players (domestic and international players).
The automotive switch market consists of various players, such as Tokai Rika Co., Ltd, Autoliv Inc., Leopold Kostal GmbH & Co, Continental AG, Alps Electric Co., Panasonic Corporation, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co, etc.
The market studied is driven by merger and acquisition, and joint venture activities, rising automotive sales in Europe, and highly emerging markets in the Asia-Pacific regions. In the last quarter of 2016, Northeast Industry Group acquired Delphi's mechanical project division that manufactures column switches, switch modules, and switches, with an annual production capacity of 30 million. The strategy of the acquisition was to increase the production capacity of switches and cater to their widespread clients, like BMW, Daimler, Fiat, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, General Motors, etc.