Product Code: 72574
The Bahrain transportation infrastructure construction market is expected to register a growth rate of over 3% during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
The COVID-19 had a meagre impact on the Bahrain construction sector in 2020, contracted by 0.9%, this Pandemic not affected transportation infrastructure construction market, as continuous investments implemented by Bahrain government. USD 3.5 billion King Hamad Causeway transportation infrastructure project, USD 2 billion Bahrain Metro Project, USD 1.1 billion Bahrain International Airport Modernization Program and Road and sewerage infrastructure projects estimated at USD 900 million.
Bahrain opens bids for old airport terminal building demolition in December 2021, which includes crushing the last portion of the existing terminal building with all associated facilities so that the future development of the area connects with the modernisation programme, for this construction Ministry of works approves building contractors graded with AA, A and B.
Bahrain planned massive programme of infrastructure development, 22 projects worth over USD 134 billion, out of which eight will be for road works, this will create a huge demand for transportation construction companies.
Key Market Trends
Government initiatives & Rising Investments driving the market:
- The economy here is more diversified than other GCC countries and strong government initiatives to invest in major construction projects is driving the sector. Private contractors have benefitted from the expansion and construction projects with the government's Economic Vision 2030 plan in sight.
- The cost of setting up and running a construction project in Bahrain is very low as compared to other GCC countries. Bahrain is a 'free zone', which allows 100% foreign ownership of business and real estate; and free movement of profits, capital, and dividends for the investors.
- Country working on to improve fast connectivity so that people and goods can have quick movement from and to Bahrain, as a part of Gulf development fund package, GCC countries funded $10 billion for transport infrastructure.
- Bahrain airport company started with designed plans to develop cargo village project at Bahrain international airport. This is a key project as it supports the logistics sector which launched recently, it makes the Bahrain fastest multi-modal logistics hub which reduces 40% cost with only 2-hour turnaround time for all containers so that products can reach customers in half the time.
Growth of Urban Population
- The rapid growth of continuing urbanization is a major driver of transportation infrastructure investment. As per the World Bank, in 2020 the world population reached 1.70 million
- In 2020, urban population accounted for 89.5% and expected to reach 95% by 2035.
- As the share of the urban population continuous to grows, the growth of transport infrastructure is also required to connect them in the urban areas in Bahrain.
- Companies could use latest and emerging technology to improve public services (such as mobility and well-being), interact more effectively with people, boost productivity, and solve environmental and sustainability issues.
The market is relatively fragmented, with a large number of local players, including Projects holding company W.L.L, Delta construction Co, Bahrain Motors Company WLL. Al, Hassanain Company WLL, Kooheji Contractors W.L.L. and Eastern Asphalt and Mixed Concrete Co as the major players. The demand for sustainability and technological advancements in the transport infrastructure market is increasing and companies in the region are expected to adopt and remain competitive.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 Analysis Methodology
- 2.2 Research Phases
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS AND INSIGHTS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Dynamics
- 4.2.1 Market Drivers
- 4.2.2 Market Restraints
- 4.2.3 Market Opportunities
- 4.3 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Industry policies and Regulations
- 4.5 Technological Developments in the Sector
- 4.6 Porters Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Mode
- 5.1.1 Roads
- 5.1.2 Railways
- 5.1.3 Airports
- 5.1.4 Ports
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Market Concentration Overview
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 Projects holding company W.L.L
- 6.2.2 Delta construction Co
- 6.2.3 Bahrain Motors Company WLL
- 6.2.4 Al Hassanain Company WLL
- 6.2.5 Kooheji Contractors W.L.L.
- 6.2.6 Eastern Asphalt and Mixed Concrete Co
- 6.2.7 Bahrain Foundation Construction Co WLL
- 6.2.8 Ramsis Engineering
- 6.2.9 Bokhowa Group W.L.L
- 6.2.10 Down Town Construction Co WLL*
7 FUTURE OF BAHRAIN TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION MARKET