Product Code: 68141
The market for metalized films is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are the increasing demand from packaging industry, rising demand for metalized films in electronic industry.
- Packaging industry dominated the market and is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to the superior property of maintaining good shell life for the packed products.
- Increasing Investment in emerging markets like processing industries is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Europe dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from the countries such as Germany, United Kingdom, France, etc.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Packaging Industry
- Metalized films are used as high barrier flexible packages in processing frozen food, frozen desserts, tobacco, medical instruments, electrical and electronics, food, beverages, textiles, coffee, vegetables and many others to maintain the superior quality. Metalized film materials create a durable layer of insulation to protect food materials when packaged.
- The metalized film packages are used in the form of pouches, sacks, bag-in-box bags, wraps and many other ways that fits the packing the desired product.
- Packaging industries mostly use aluminum among all other metals because of its superior properties like corrosion resistant, light weight, acts as a barrier to chemical, moisture, temperature and air.
- Owing to advantages of metalized film packaging compared to traditional packing materials, this market is expected to have a rapid growth during the forecast period.
Europe Region to Dominate the Market
- Europe region dominated the global market share. With growing exports from European Union in all the sectors comprising of countries such as Germany, United Kingdom, Italy and others.
- The European Union has a total trade of USD 807 billion with United States accounting USD 319 billion exports and USD 448 billion imports for the year 2018 creating a major market for packaging industries.
- Some of the largest producers of metalized films are Bollore Inc (France), Clifton Packaging Group, Flex Films, Polinas, Jindal Films.
- The trade volumes of major countries in European Union with United States for the year 2018 are as follows United Kingdom - USD 261.9 billion, Germany - USD 462 billion, and Switzerland - USD 225 billion.
- In 2018, the total exports from Germany accounted for about USD 1.557 trillion representing a Y-o-Y growth of 7.5% over 2017. In 2018, the total exports from United Kingdom accounted for about USD 487 billion representing a Y-o-Y growth of 9.9% over 2017.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for metalized films in the region during the forecast period.
The global metalized film market is fragmented with top 5 players accounting for a marginal share of the market. The major companies include Bollore Inc (France), Clifton Packaging Group, Flex Films, Polinas, Jindal Films.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Packaging Industry
- 4.1.2 Rising Demand For Metalized Film in Electronic Industry
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Metal Type
- 5.1.1 Aluminum
- 5.1.2 Copper
- 5.1.3 Others
- 5.2 Film Type
- 5.2.1 Polypropylene (PP)
- 5.2.2 Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- 5.2.3 Others
- 5.3 End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Packaging
- 5.3.2 Electrical & Electronics
- 5.3.3 Decorative
- 5.3.4 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Bollore Inc
- 6.4.2 Clifton Packaging Group Limited
- 6.4.3 Cosmo Films Ltd.
- 6.4.4 DUNMORE
- 6.4.5 Ester Industries
- 6.4.6 Flex Films
- 6.4.7 Jindal Poly Films Limited
- 6.4.8 Kendall Packaging Corporation
- 6.4.9 POLINAS
- 6.4.10 Polyplex
- 6.4.11 TAGHLEEF INDUSTRIES GROUP
- 6.4.12 Toray Industries INC.
- 6.4.13 Uflex Limited
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS