Product Code: 64727
The global polyethylene terephthalate foam market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 7%, over the forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of the market studied are growing demand of lightweight material from automotive industry and increasing construction activities in Asia-Pacific.
- Availability of substitutes for PET foam are likely to hinder the markets growth.
- Potential growth in wind energy market is likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage in the Automotive Industry
- Due to the increasing consumer demand for fuel-efficient and lightweight vehicles, the demand for light weight plastics and composite materials have been increasing during the recent years. PET foam offers various benefits such as good thermal stability, very low water absorption, good electrical properties and excellent surface properties.
- PET foams are used in the manufacturing of exterior body parts and casing and housing of various automotive parts such as wipers arms and their gear housings, engine cover, interior trim, connector housings, headlamp retainer and many more. Substituting heavier materials with foam leads to an overall weight reduction of around 10% that results in a 3% to 7% improvement in fuel efficiency.
- In 2019, the automotive production witnessed a decline owing to trade war pf US-China and other political reasons. This is expected to continue in the first half of 2020, owing to the weak sales in second half of 2019. However, the automotive industry is likely to recover by the end of 2020.
- In addition, the development of electric vehicles may continue to gain momentum in the upcoming years especially in Europe, China. and United States, where many government programs are promoting a move away from fossil fuels owing to the various environmental concerns.
- Owing to all these factors, the market for PET Foams is likely to grow across the world during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market. In the region, China is the largest economy, in terms of GDP. China is one of the fastest emerging economies and has become one of the biggest production houses in the world, today. The country's manufacturing sector is one of the major contributors to the country's economy.
- China is the largest manufacturer of automobiles in the world. The country's automotive sector has been shaping up for product evolution, with the country focusing on manufacturing products, in order to ensure fuel economy, and to minimize emissions (owing to the growing environmental concerns due to mounting pollution in the country).
- The production is expected to reach 30 million units by 2020, owing to the "Made in China 2025" initiative support in upgrading the existing low-cost mass production to higher value-added advanced manufacturing. "Automobile Mid and Long-Term Development Plan", was released in 2017, with an objective to make China a strong auto power in the next ten years.
- China's 13th Five Year Plan started in 2016 as it was an important year for the country's engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) industry. In addition to this, the country ventured into new business models domestically and internationally, during the year. Although the construction sector slowed down after 2013, it is still a major contributor to the GDP of the country.
- Due to all such factors, the market for polyethylene terephthalate foam in the region is expected to have a steady growth during the forecast period.
The polyethylene terephthalate foam market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include 3M, Huntsman International LLC, Carbon-Core Corp., Armacell, and Gurit, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand of Lightweight Material from Automotive Industry
- 4.1.2 Increasing Construction Activities in Asia-Pacific
- 4.1.3 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Availability of Substitutes for PET Foam
- 4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Low-Density PET Foam
- 5.1.2 High-Density PET Foam
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Building and Construction
- 5.2.2 Marine
- 5.2.3 Packaging
- 5.2.4 Transportation
- 5.2.5 Wind Energy
- 5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 ASEAN Countries
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 Huntsman International LLC
- 6.4.3 Carbon-Core Corp.
- 6.4.4 Armacell
- 6.4.5 NITTO DENKO CORPORATION
- 6.4.6 Diab Group
- 6.4.7 Gurit
- 6.4.8 SEKISUI PLASTICS CO.,LTD.
- 6.4.9 Changzhou Tiansheng New Materials Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.10 Petro Polymer Shargh
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Potential Growth in Wind Energy Market