Product Code: 62250
The market paper-backing abrasive adhesive discs is expected to grow at a CAGR of less than 4% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied is increasing demand for furniture
- Growing infrastructure sector is expected to act as an opportunity
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption in country such as China, India, etc.
Key Market Trends
Metal Working, the Fastest growing End-use Application
- The global metalworking industry has been growing at a healthy rate in recent times. The ever-increasing global population, supported by their improved purchasing power is driving end-use factors for the metal industry growth.
- Moreover, infrastructure is being developed in many nations, especially the emerging nations in Asia-Pacific and Middle-East & Africa.
- The demands for better infrastructure, both, at the residential and commercial level, are expected to drive the use of abrasive discs in finishing and shaping applications.
- Abrasive adhesive discs are used in automotive weld shops, machine shops, automotive bodybuilding & press shops, paint shops, and re-finishing garages.
- Their metalworking applications include eliminating defects on surfaces and painted bodies, preparing primed and painted surfaced, rotary and orbital sanding, etc.
- All the aforementioned factors are likely to increase the demand for the market.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is estimated to witness healthy growth over the assessment period in paper-backing abrasive adhesive discs market, due to the well-performing automotive and the infrastructure industries.
- Major players are identifying countries in Asia-Pacific as cheaper sources of raw material and labor, and are shifting their manufacturing bases to these regions. As a result, countries, such as China, Japan, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Indonesia are growing as manufacturing hubs for many industries.
- High investments in residential and commercial construction may see increased demand for surface finishing and preparing applications, thereby, increasing the demand for abrasive adhesive discs. Asian countries, such as China, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, and India are also major markets, as well as manufacturers of automotive parts for, both, primary market, as well as the aftermarket
- Hence, their metal working applications would be done by abrasive adhesive discs. All of these factors are likely to be supported by the ever-increasing population in the region, urbanization, and their purchasing power.
- Such factors are likely to increase the demand for the market
The paper-backing abrasive adhesive discs market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include 3M, Saint-Gobain, sia Abrasives Industries AG, Sunmight USA Corporation, and Mirka Ltd., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Furniture
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Abrasive Grain
- 5.1.1 Aluminum Oxide
- 5.1.2 Silicon Carbide
- 5.1.3 Zirconium
- 5.1.4 Ceramic
- 5.2 Applicable Surface Type
- 5.2.1 Wood
- 5.2.2 Metal
- 5.2.3 Composite
- 5.2.4 Glass
- 5.2.5 Other Applicable Surface Types
- 5.3 End-use Application
- 5.3.1 Metal Working
- 5.3.2 Wood Working
- 5.3.3 Glass Working
- 5.3.4 Other End-use Applications
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 Carborundum Universal
- 6.4.3 Dev Abrasive
- 6.4.4 Hermes Abrasives
- 6.4.5 Klingspor Inc.
- 6.4.6 Mirka Ltd.
- 6.4.7 Saint-Gobain
- 6.4.8 sia Abrasives Industries AG
- 6.4.9 Sunmight USA Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Growing Infrastructure Sector
- 7.2 Other Opportunities