The significant rise of social networks has created a springboard for the
social gaming segment of the entertainment industry. Gaming is becoming
increasingly compelling thanks to various enhancements such as the addition of
socially playable and sharable features within games, which have gradually
become common characteristics.
While generally a lucrative segment, the industry has its own challenges
including short-term focus, low user retention, high CPA & OPEX, low ARPPU,
and fragmented platforms.
This research evaluates the strategy of both successful and unsuccessful
social gaming companies. Through this analysis, we have developed Success
Guidelines for social gaming companies (start-up and established companies).
Companies in Report:
- Bitfold Games
- Pretty Simple
- Sojo Studios
- Recognize how a strong value chain can mitigate social gaming risks to
- Understand features and strategic steps that are crucial for social gaming
- Identify how to create and introduce new compelling games vs. existing
- Identify factors that drive success of social gaming companies and how
others can learn from them
- Identify the structure of a social gaming costs and how to keep marketing
and acquisition budget low
Table of Contents
1.0. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.0. FETAURES THAT NEED TO INCORPORATE WITH SOCIAL GAME
3.0. CORE CHOICES OR STEPS TO FOLLOW
4.0. POPULAR VS. NEW GAMING IP: WHAT TO FOLLOW?
5.0. COSTS CALCLUATION FOR 4 GAMES SERIES VS. 25-50% SUCCESS CASE
6.0. RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH SOCIAL GAMING SUCCESS
7.0. HOW TO CREATE SUCCESSFUL GAMING IP LINE?
8.0. HOW TO MINIMIZE MARKETING & USER ACQUISITION COST?
9.0. HOW TO USE MONETIZATION STRATEGIES?
10.0. HOW TO BUILD STRONG DEVELOPMENT CHAIN?
11.0. PRETTY SIMPLE'S CRIMINAL CASE LESSON
- 11.1. LESSON FOR THE GAME CRIMINAL CASE
- 11.2. STRATEGIC LESSON FROM COMPANY PRACTICES
- 11.3. WHAT THE INDUSTRY CAN LEARN FOR THEIR LONG TERM STRATEGY?
12.0. SOJO STUDIO'S WETOPIA AND JOY KINGDOM LESSON
- 12.1. LESSON FROM WETOPIA: CHARITIES FOR CHILDREN
- 12.2. LESSON FROM JOY KINGDOM: CHARITIES FOR ANIMAL
13.0. KING.COM LESSON
14.0. ZYNGA LESSON
- 14.1. INITIAL SUCCESS STRATEGY
- 14.2. REASONS OF RECENT DOWNFALL AND LESSON FOR INDUSTRY
List of Graphs
- Figure 1: Nightclub City vs. Party Central Case
- Figure 2: Cost vs. Revenue for Successful Single vs. Series of Social Games
- Figure 3: Retention Funnels to Monitor Game Performance
- Figure 4: Due Diligence Checklist for Social Game Developers
- Figure 5: Objects in Criminal Case
- Figure 6: Contribution for Children Education in WeTopia
- Figure 7: Contribution for Animals in Joy Kingdom