X-ray Detector Market by Product (FPD, CSI, GADOX, CR, CCD), FOV (Large, Medium, Small), Portability (Portable, Fix), System (New, Retrofit), and Application [Medical (Mammogram, Spine), Dental, Security, Industrial, Veterinary] - Global Forecast to 2024
X-ray Detectors market is slated to exhibit a lucrative growth rate. Global X-ray detectors market is expected to reach $3,887.3 million by 2024, at a CAGR of 5.8% in the forecast period from 2018 to 2024. Declining prices and increasing adoption of digital imaging detectors, rising demand in industrial and security markets, and growing geriatric population coupled with rising prevalence of chronic diseases are the major factors driving the growth of global X-ray detectors market. However, relatively higher prices of digital X-ray systems still hinder their adoption, especially in price sensitive markets.
The report provides insights on adoption of X-ray detectors in various applications such as medical, dental, security, industrial, and veterinary segments of the market.
An in-depth analysis of the geographical scenario of the industry provides detailed qualitative and quantitative insights about the five major geographies (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa) along with the coverage of major countries in each region. The geographic analysis provides detailed insights on the key trends of the industry in the listed regions & countries, identifying the demographic & economic impact, government & private investments, and regulatory scenario. The report identifies North America being the largest market followed by Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World. The geographical analysis section also comments on the key market players shaping the growth of the industry in the respective countries.
The report also includes the competitive landscape based on extensive assessment of the key strategic developments adopted by leading market participants in the industry over the past 4 years (2015-2018). The market players employed various strategies to expand their product offerings, global footprints, and augment their market shares. The key strategies followed by most companies in the global X-ray detectors market include acquisitions, collaborations, and new product launches.
The key players in the global X-ray detectors market are Varex Imaging Corporation (U.S.), Agfa-Gevaert N.V. (Belgium), FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation (Japan), Trixell (France), Canon Inc. (Japan), Carestream Health, Inc (U.S.), Rayence Inc. (U.S.), Konica Minolta, Inc. (Japan), Vieworks Co., Ltd. (Republic of Korea), Hamamatsu Photonics K.K. (Japan), CareRay Medical Systems Co. (China), i-Ray Technology Company (China), and Analogic Corporation (U.S.), among others.
Key questions answered in the report:
Growing adoption of flat panel detectors (FPDs) is driving the X-ray detectors market
- Which are the factors boosting the adoption of flat panel detectors market?
- What is the size and growth rate of FPD market in terms of value and volume?
Security and industrial are the two fastest growing application segments of the X-ray detectors market
- How is the penetration of X-ray detectors in various application segments?
- Which are the factors driving or restraining the growth of each sub-applications of medical market?
- What factors contribute to the high growth of X-ray detectors in security and industrial application segments?
The North American region includes various global and local players competing in multiple segments
- Who are the top competitors in this market and what strategies do they employ to gain shares?
- Which product segments of the X-ray detectors market are expected to offer lucrative growth in the forecast period and why?
- What strategies should the new companies focus to enter this market in order sustain and compete with the established players?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and trends in the global X-ray detectors market?
- What are the geographic trends and high growth regions/countries?
Recent new product launches, acquisitions that have taken place in the X-ray detectorsspace
- What companies have recently acquired and how will these unions affect the competitive landscape of the X-ray detectors space?
- What companies have created partnerships and how will these partnerships promote a competitive advantage?
- Who are the major players in the global X-ray detectors and what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the local emerging players in the global X-ray detectors market and how do they compete with the global players?
Scope of the report
Market, By Product
- Flat Panel Detectors (FPDs)
- Flat Panel Detectors Market, by Type
- Indirect FPDs
- Cesium Iodide (CSI) FPDs
- Gadolinium Oxysulfide FPDs
- Direct FPDs
- Flat Panel Detectors Market, by Field of View
- Large Field of View FPDs
- Medium Field of View FPDs
- Small Field of View FPDs
- Flat Panel Detectors Market, by Type of System
- New Digital X-ray Systems
- Retrofit X-ray Systems
- Computed Radiography (CR) Detectors
- Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) Detectors
- Line-Scan Detectors
Market, By Application
- Chest Radiography
- Orthopedic Radiography
- Other Applications
- General Fluoroscopy
- Cardiovascular Imaging
- Surgical Imaging
- Interventional Spine Procedures
Market by Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe (RoE)
- Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- Rest of APAC (RoAPAC)
- Rest of World
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Market Ecosystem
- 1.2. Currency and Limitations
- 1.2.1. Currency
- 1.2.2. Limitations
- 1.3. Key Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
- 2.1. Research Process
- 2.1.1. Secondary Research
- 2.1.2. Primary Research
- 2.1.3. Market Size Estimation
3. Executive Summary
4. Market insights
- 4.1. Introduction
- 4.2. Market Dynamics
- 4.2.1. Drivers
- 22.214.171.124. Growing Adoption of Digital X-Ray Detectors
- 126.96.36.199. Rising Demand for X-Ray Imaging in industrial and Security Markets
- 188.8.131.52. Growing Geriatric Population Coupled with Rising Prevalence of Chronic Diseases
- 4.2.2. Restraints
- 184.108.40.206. High Price of Digital X-Ray Systems
- 4.2.3. Opportunities
- 220.127.116.11. Opportunities from Asian Countries
- 18.104.22.168. On-Going innovations in X-Ray Imaging with Potential to Meet the Unmet Needs
- 4.3. Market Share Analysis: Flat Panel Detectors
- 4.4. Regulatory Analysis
- 4.4.1. North America
- 4.4.2. Europe
- 4.4.3. Asia-Pacific
- 4.4.4. Latin America, Middle East & Africa
5. X-Ray Detectors Market, by Product Type
- 5.1. Introduction
- 5.2. Flat Panel Detectors (FPDs)
- 5.2.1. Flat Panel Detectors, by Type
- 22.214.171.124. Indirect Flat-Panel Detectors
- 126.96.36.199.1. Cesium Iodide (CsI) Flat-Panel Detectors
- 188.8.131.52.2. Gadolinium Oxysulfide (Gd2o2s or GoS) Flat-Panel Detectors
- 184.108.40.206. Direct Flat-Panel Detectors
- 5.2.2. Flat-Panel Detectors Market, by Field of View
- 220.127.116.11. Large-Area Flat-Panel Detectors
- 18.104.22.168. Medium-Area Flat-Panel Detectors
- 22.214.171.124. Small-Area Flat Panel Detectors
- 5.2.3. Flat Panel Detectors Market, by Portability
- 126.96.36.199. Portable Detectors
- 188.8.131.52. Fixed Detectors
- 5.2.4. Flat-Panel Detectors Market, by System
- 184.108.40.206. New Digital X-Ray Systems
- 220.127.116.11. Retrofit X-Ray Systems
- 5.3. Computed Radiography (CR) Detectors
- 5.4. Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) Detectors
- 5.5. Line-Scan Detectors
6. X-Ray Detector Market, by Application
- 6.1. Introduction
- 6.2. Medical Applications
- 6.2.1. Static Imaging
- 18.104.22.168. Radiography
- 22.214.171.124.1. Chest Radiography
- 126.96.36.199.2. Orthopedic Radiography
- 188.8.131.52.3. Other Applications
- 184.108.40.206. Mammography
- 6.2.2. Dynamic Imaging
- 220.127.116.11. General Fluoroscopy
- 18.104.22.168. Cardiovascular Imaging
- 22.214.171.124. Surgical Imaging
- 126.96.36.199. Interventional Spine Procedures
- 188.8.131.52. Others
- 6.3. Dental Applications
- 6.4. Security Applications
- 6.5. Industrial Applications
- 6.6. Veterinary Applications
7. X-Ray Detector Market, by Geography
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.2. North America
- 7.2.1. U.S.
- 7.2.2. Canada
- 7.3. Europe
- 7.3.1. Germany
- 7.3.2. France
- 7.3.3. U.K.
- 7.3.4. Italy
- 7.3.5. Spain
- 7.3.6. Rest of Europe
- 7.4. Asia-Pacific
- 7.4.1. China
- 7.4.2. Japan
- 7.4.3. India
- 7.4.4. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 7.5. Rest of World
- 7.5.1. Latin America
- 7.5.2. Middle East & Africa
8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.2. Acquisitions
- 8.3. New Product Launch
- 8.4. Collaboration
9. Company Profiles (Business Overview, Financial Overview, Product Portfolio, Strategic Developments)
- 9.1. Varex Imaging Corporation
- 9.2. Trixell
- 9.3. Canon Inc.
- 9.4. Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- 9.5. Carestream Health, Inc. (Subsidiary of Onex Corporation)
- 9.6. Agfa-Gevaert N.V.
- 9.7. Konica Minolta, Inc.
- 9.8. Vieworks Co., Ltd.
- 9.9. Rayence Inc. (Subsidiary of Rayence Co., Ltd)
- 9.10. Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- 9.11. Careray Medical Systems Co.
- 9.12. Iray Technology Company Limited
- 9.13. Analogic Corporation
- 10.1. Questionnaire
- 10.2. Available Customization