Biopharmaceutical Processing Equipment and Consumables Market by Product (Filtration, Chromatography, Columns, Bioreactor, Cell Culture, Service), Application (Commercial, Research), and End User (Pharmaceutical, biotechnology, CDMO)- Global Forecast to 2023
Biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables market is slated to exhibit a lucrative growth rate. Global Biopharmaceutical Processing Equipment and Consumables market is expected to reach USD 22,340 million by 2023, at a CAGR of 14.8% in the forecast period from 2018 to 2023.
Succeeding an extensive secondary and primary research and in-depth analysis of the market scenario, the report carries out an impact analysis of the key industry drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and trends in the market dynamics segment. Growing demand for biopharmaceuticals, capacity expansion from biopharmaceutical manufacturers, rising adoption of single-use bioprocessing products, and increase in funding from governments for biopharmaceutical research are majorly driving the global biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables market. However, factors such as complex and lengthy development and manufacturing process of biopharmaceuticals, decline in funding for early-stage biopharmaceutical start-ups may hinder the market growth.
In addition, the report further gives an extensive outlook on various industry/facilities served by the biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables. These industries include pharmaceuticals and biotechnology industry, academic and research institutes, and contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs). Apart from end users, the report provides insights on adoption of biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables in various application segments of the market.
An in-depth analysis of the geographical scenario of the industry provides detailed qualitative and quantitative insights about the five major geographies (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa) along with the coverage of major countries in each region. The geographic analysis provides detailed insights on the key trends of the industry in the listed regions & countries, identifying the demographic & economic impact, government & private investments, and regulatory scenario. The report identifies North America being the largest market followed by Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World. The geographical analysis section also comments on the key market players shaping the growth of the industry in the respective countries.
The report also includes the competitive landscape based on extensive assessment of the key strategic developments adopted by leading market participants in the industry over the past 4 years (2015-2018). The market players employed various strategies to expand their product offerings, global footprint, and augment their market share. The key strategies followed by most companies in the global biopharmaceutical equipment and consumables market include agreements, partnerships, & collaborations; new product launches; mergers & acquisitions; and expansion.
The key players in the global biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables market are GE Healthcare (U.S.), Merck Group (Germany), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.), 3M Company (U.S.), Repligen Corporation (U.S.),Danaher Corporation(U.S.), Agilent Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), Sartorius AG (Germany), and Eppendorf AG(Germany).
Key questions answered in the report:
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are driving the adoption of biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables
- How does the penetration of biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables differ among various end users?
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of product, application, end-user, and regions/countries?
Monoclonal antibody production is the fastest growing application segment of the biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables market
- What factors are propelling the growth of biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables market in commercial bioproduction?
- What factors contribute to the growth of biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables in research bioproduction?
The North American region has the largest bioproduction capacity and includes various global and local players competing in multiple segments
- Who are the top competitors in this market and what strategies do they employ to gain shares?
- Which product segments of the biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables market are expected to offer lucrative growth in the forecast period and why?
- What strategies should the new companies focus to enter this market in order sustain andcompete with the established players?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and trends in the global biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables market?
- What are the geographic trends and high growth regions/countries?
Recent new product launches, partnerships, agreement, expansions, acquisitions that have taken place in the biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables space
- What companies have recently merged/acquired and how will these unions affect the competitive landscape of thebiopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumablesspace?
- What companies have created partnerships and how will these partnerships promote a competitive advantage?
- Who are the major players in the global biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumablesand what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the local emerging players in the global biopharmaceutical processing equipment and consumables market and how do they compete with the global players?
Scope of the report
Market by Product
- Filtration Systems
- Chromatography Systems
- Reusable Bioreactors
- Disposable/Single-Use Bioreactors
- Cell Culture Market
- Cell Culture Media
- Cell Culture Media Market, By Physical Form
- Dry Powder Media
- Liquid Media
- Cell Culture Media Market, By Type
- Off-The-Shelf Media
- Custom Media
- Cell Culture Media Market, By Source
- Chemically Defined Media
- Natural Media
- Reagents and Supplements
- Cells and Cell Lines
- Mixing Systems
- Bioprocessing Containers
- Biosafety Cabinets
- Other Consumables and Accessories
Market by Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe (RoE)
- Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- Rest of APAC (RoAPAC)
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Market Ecosystem
- 1.2. Currency and Limitations
- 1.2.1. Currency
- 1.2.2. Limitations
- 1.3. Key Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
- 2.1. Secondary Research
- 2.2. Primary Research
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
- 4.1. Introduction
- 4.2. Market Dynamics
- 4.2.1. Drivers
- 220.127.116.11. Growing Demand for Biopharmaceuticals
- 18.104.22.168. Rising Adoption of Single-Use Bioprocessing Equipment and Consumables
- 22.214.171.124. Capacity Expansions from Biopharmaceutical Manufacturers
- 126.96.36.199. Increase in the Support from Governments for Biopharmaceutical Research
- 4.2.2. Restraints
- 188.8.131.52. Complex Development and Manufacturing Process of Biopharmaceuticals
- 184.108.40.206. Obstacles in Raising Funding for Early-Stage Biopharmaceutical Start-Ups
- 4.2.3. Opportunities
- 220.127.116.11. Significant Opportunities from Emerging Asia-Pacific and Latin American Market
- 18.104.22.168. Expected Surge In Biosimilar Production In the U.S.
- 22.214.171.124. Personalized Medicine to Offer New Growth Avenues
- 4.2.4. Challenges
- 126.96.36.199. Intensive Capital Requirements in Biopharmaceutical Production
- 188.8.131.52. Concerns Regarding Stem Cell Research
- 4.2.5. Trends
- 184.108.40.206. Rising Focus on Continuous Bioprocessing
- 220.127.116.11. Use of Disposable Processing Equipment for Commercial Production
- 4.3. Market Share Analysis
5. Biopharmaceutical Processing Equipment and Consumables Market, by Product Type
- 5.1. Introduction
- 5.2. Filtration Systems
- 5.3. Chromatography Systems
- 5.3.1 Resins
- 5.3.2. Columns
- 5.3.3. Equipment
- 5.4. Bioreactors
- 5.4.1. Reusable Bioreactors
- 5.4.2. Disposable/Single-Use Bioreactors
- 5.5. Cell Culture Products
- 5.5.1. Cell Culture Media
- 18.104.22.168. Cell Culture Media Market, by Physical form
- 22.214.171.124.1. Dry Powder Media
- 126.96.36.199.2. Liquid Media
- 188.8.131.52. Cell Culture Media Market, by Type
- 184.108.40.206.1. Off-The-Shelf Media
- 220.127.116.11.2. Custom Media
- 18.104.22.168. Cell Culture Media Market, by Source
- 22.214.171.124.1. Chemically Defined Media
- 126.96.36.199.2. Natural Media
- 5.5.2. Reagents and Supplements
- 5.5.3. Cells and Cell Lines
- 5.5.4. Serum
- 5.6. Mixing Systems
- 5.7. Bioprocessing Containers (Bpcs)
- 5.8. Sterilizers
- 5.9. Centrifuges
- 5.10. Incubators
- 5.11. Shakers
- 5.12. Biosafety Cabinets (BSC)
- 5.13. Other Consumables and Accessories
- 5.14. Services
6. Biopharmaceutical Processing Equipment and Consumables Market, by Application
- 6.1. Introduction
- 6.2. Commercial Bioproduction
- 6.2.1. Monoclonal Antibody Production
- 6.2.2. Therapeutic Protein Production
- 6.2.3. Vaccine Production
- 6.2.4. Cell and Gene therapy
- 6.3. Research Bioproduction
7. Biopharmaceutical Processing Equipment and Consumables Market, by End User
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.2. Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- 7.3. Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs)
- 7.4. Academic and Research Institutes
8. Global Biopharmaceutical Processing Equipment and Consumables Market, by Geography
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.2. North America
- 8.2.1. U.S.
- 8.2.2. Canada
- 8.3. Europe
- 8.3.1. Germany
- 8.3.2. Italy
- 8.3.3. France
- 8.3.4. U.K.
- 8.3.5. Spain
- 8.3.6. Rest of Europe (RoE)
- 8.4. Asia-Pacific
- 8.4.1. Japan
- 8.4.2. India
- 8.4.3. China
- 8.4.4. Rest of the Asia-Pacific (RoAPAC)
- 8.5. Rest of World
- 8.5.1. Latin America
- 8.5.2. Middle East & Africa
9. Competitive Landscape
- 9.1. New Product Launch
- 9.2. Mergers and Acquisitions
- 9.3. Partnerships, Agreements, & Collaborations
- 9.4. Expansion
10. Company Profiles
- 10.1. GE Healthcare (A Subsidiary of General Electric Company)
- 10.1.1. Business Overview
- 10.1.2. Financial Overview
- 10.1.3. Product Portfolio
- 10.1.4. Strategic Developments
- 10.2. Merck Group
- 10.3. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- 10.4. Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- 10.5. 3M Company
- 10.6. Danaher Corporation
- 10.7. Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- 10.8. Repligen Corporation
- 10.9. Sartorius AG
- 10.10. Eppendorf AG
- 11.1. Questionnaire
- 11.2. Available Customization