Food Automation Market by Type (Motor & Generator, Motor Control, Rotary Products), Application (Packaging, Palletizing, Processing), Industrial Vertical (Dairy Processing, Bakery, Beverage, Meat Products) - Global Forecast to 2025
The global food automation market is poised to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2019 to 2025, to reach $14,303.2 million by 2025. The market is primarily expected to be driven by the increasing food safety regulations, rising demand for processed and advanced packaged foods, and increasing technological advancements in the food industry. Further, rising demand for advanced automated systems like robotics will fuel the growth of food automation market across the globe. However, high capital investment hinders the growth of the market; whereas lack of skilled workforce and trainings poses great challenge to the penetration of automation in food industry.
The global food automation market is mainly segmented by type (motors and generators, motor controls, discrete controllers and visualization, rotary linear products, and others), by application (packaging and repacking, grading and sorting, palletizing and depalletizing, processing, pick and place, and others), by industry vertical (dairy processing; bakery and confectionary; beverages and distilleries; meat, fish and seafood products; and fruits and vegetables), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa).
Key questions answered in the report:
Growing dairy processing industry to drive the adoption of food automation
- How does the penetration of food automation in dairy processing industry differ from the food and beverage industries?
- What impact does this have on the adoption of food automation in comparison to other niche applications?
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of mode of operation, type, application, and region/country?
Cryogenics account for a relatively small proportion of all applications of food automation, globally
- What factors contribute to the infrequent usage of food automation in cryogenics?
- Conversely, which geographic segment is expected to experience the fastest growth for cryogenics?
The Asia-Pacific food automation market favors both larger and local manufacturers that compete in multiple segments
- What are the top competitors in this market and what strategies do they employ to gain shares?
- What is driving growth and which market segments have the most potential for revenue expansion over the forecast period?
- What strategies should new companies looking to enter this market use to compete effectively?
- What are the major drivers, restrains, opportunities, and trends in the global food automation market?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
Recent partnerships, acquisitions, and expansions have taken place in the food automation space
- What companies have recently merged/acquired and how will these unions affect the competitive landscape of the food automation space?
- What companies have created partnerships and how will these partnerships promote a competitive advantage?
- Who are the major players in the global food automation market and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the local emerging players in the global food automation market and how do they compete with the global players?
The key players in the global food automation market are Rockwell Automation Inc., Siemens, ABB Group, Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Schneider Electric SE, Emerson Electric Co., Fanuc Corporation, Destaco, JLS Automation, Yaskawa Electric Corporation, GEA Group, Proleit AG, Falcon Autotech, and Food Automation Pty. Ltd. among others.
Scope of the Report:
Market by Type:
- Motors and Generators
- Motor Controls
- Discrete Controllers and Visualization
- Rotary and Linear Products
Market by Application:
- Packaging and Repacking
- Palletizing and Depalletizing
- Grading and Sorting
- Pick and Place
Market by Industry Vertical:
- Beverages and Distilleries
- Dairy Processing
- Bakery and Confectionary
- Meat, Poultry, and Seafood Products
- Fruits and Vegetables
Market by Geography:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of World
- Middle-East & Africa
- Latin America
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Market Ecosystem
- 1.2. Currency and Limitations
- 1.2.1. Currency
- 1.2.2. Limitations
- 1.3. Key Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
- 2.1. Research Process
- 2.1.1. Secondary Research
- 2.1.2. Primary Research
- 2.1.3. Market Size Estimation
3. Market Environment
- 3.1. Technology Trends
- 3.2. Trending Business Models in Food Industry
- 3.3. Funding Scenario
4. Industry Structure
- 4.1. Key Distributors
- 4.2. Market Share Analysis, by Key Players
5. Executive Summary
6. Market Insights
- 6.1. Introduction
- 6.2. Market Dynamics
- 6.3. Drivers
- 6.3.1. Increasing Food Safety Regulations
- 6.3.2. Rising Demand for Processed Foods and Advanced Food Packaging
- 6.3.3. Growing Technological Advancements in the Food Industry
- 6.4. Restraints
- 6.4.1. High Capital Investments
- 6.5. Opportunities
- 6.5.1. Increasing Demand for Advanced Automated Systems in the Food Industry
- 6.6. Challenges
- 6.6.1. Lack of Skilled Workforce and Training
7. Food Automation Market, by Product Type
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.2. Motors and Generators
- 7.3. Motor Controls
- 7.4. Discrete Controllers and Visualization
- 7.5. Rotary and Linear Products
- 7.6. Others
8. Food Automation Market, by Application
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.2. Packaging & Repackaging
- 8.3. Palletizing & Depalletizing
- 8.4. Grading & Sorting
- 8.5. Pick & Place
- 8.6. Processing
- 8.7. Others
9. Food Automation Market, by Industry Vertical
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.2. Beverages and Distilleries
- 9.3. Dairy Processing
- 9.4. Bakery and Confectionary
- 9.5. Meat, Poultry, and Seafood Products
- 9.6. Fruits and Vegetables
- 9.7. Others
10. Food Automation Market, by Geography
- 10.1. Introduction
- 10.2. North America
- 10.2.1. Increasing Adoption of Automated Dairy Systems Expected to Propel the Market for Automation in Dairy Industry
- 10.2.2. Growing Demand for Processed Meat Products to Drive the Adoption of Automated Systems in the Meat Processing Industry
- 10.2.3. Reduction in Manufacturing Cost Expedite the Adoption of Automated Systems
- 10.2.4. U.S.
- 10.2.5. Canada
- 10.3. Europe
- 10.3.1. Rising Minimum Wages Impels the Growth of Automation in Food Industry
- 10.3.2. Food Safety Regulations Expected to Propel the Adoption of Automated Systems
- 10.3.3. Growing Trend of Automated Systems in Manufacturing Lines to Bolster the Market
- 10.3.4. Germany
- 10.3.5. France
- 10.3.6. U.K.
- 10.3.7. Italy
- 10.3.8. Spain
- 10.3.9. ROE
- 10.4. Asia Pacific
- 10.4.1. Growing Demand for Processed and Advanced Packaged Foods Propel the Market for Automation in the Asia-Pacific Region
- 10.4.2. Growing Investments in Indian Food Manufacturing Sector to Boost the Market
- 10.4.3. Emerging Economies to Surge the Automation Market in this Region
- 10.4.4. Japan
- 10.4.5. China
- 10.4.6. South Korea
- 10.4.7. India
- 10.4.8. Indonesia
- 10.4.9. Taiwan
- 10.4.10. Australia
- 10.4.11. RAOPAC
- 10.5. Rest of World
- 10.5.1. Latin America
- 10.5.2. Middle East and Africa
11. Competitive Landscape
- 11.1. Introduction
- 11.2. New Product Launches
- 11.3. Partnerships and Acquisitions
- 11.4. Expansions
- 11.5. Collaborations and Upgradations
12. Company Profiles (Business Overview, Financial Overview, Product Portfolio, Strategic Developments)
- 12.1. Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- 12.2. ABB Group
- 12.3. Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- 12.4. Siemens AG
- 12.5. Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- 12.6. Fanuc Corporation
- 12.7. Schneider Electric SE
- 12.8. Destaco (Subsidiary of Dover Corporation)
- 12.9. Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- 12.10. JLS Automation
- 12.11. GEA Group
- 12.12. Proleit AG
- 12.13. Emerson Electric Co.
- 12.14. Falcon Autotech Pvt. Ltd.
- 12.15. Food Automation Pty. Ltd.
- 13.1. Questionnaire
- 13.2. Available Customization