Product Code: MD 3563
"The surgical sealants and adhesives market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% during the forecast period."
The global surgical sealants and adhesives market is expected to reach USD 2.8 billion in 2025 from USD 1.9 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 8.4% during the forecast period. With growing concerns regarding the effective management of blood loss in patients during surgeries and trauma, surgical sealants and adhesives have become an integral part of medical procedures. Growth in this market is driven by the growing prevalence and incidence rates of various disorders such as obesity and CVDs; increasing incidence of trauma; growth in the number of accidents and sports-related injuries, which has led to an increase in surgical procedures being performed across the globe. Also, the need to manage blood loss in patients and R&D being undertaken to bring innovative products to the market is aiding the market growth. Better cosmetic outcomes are also increasing the adoption of surgical sealants and adhesives in cosmetic procedures across the globe. Additionally, emerging markets provide significant investment opportunities for players as these regions offer an untapped potential due to the increasing government and private investments in the healthcare sector. The growing prominence of adhesive dentistry also offers significant growth opportunities for players operating in this space. However, the high cost of these products, lack of reimbursements, and high investments associated with clinical data requirements for these products are restraining the growth of this market to a certain extent. The market also faces the challenge of developing novel biomaterials with high mechanical properties and adhesion strength for effective tissue sealing.
"The synthetic & semisynthetic sealants and adhesives segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period."
Based on products, the surgical sealants and adhesives market is segmented into natural/biological sealants and adhesives and synthetic & semisynthetic sealants and adhesives. The synthetic & semisynthetic sealants and adhesives segment is projected to witness the highest growth in the market during the forecast period. Advantages such as low toxicity, high adhesion strength, and high elasticity as compared to the natural sealants offered by these sealants are driving their increased adoption. Also, the low risk of disease transmission is more cost-effective than natural sealants, and the increasing R&D investment for their innovation is further driving the market growth.
"The tissue engineering segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period."
Based on indication, the surgical sealants and adhesives market is segmented into tissue sealing, surgical hemostasis, and tissue engineering. The tissue engineering segment is projected to witness the highest growth in the market during the forecast period. This is due to the growing need for tissue regeneration in cases of skin injuries or burn injuries, along with the increasing number of cosmetic surgeries taking place across the globe.
"The cosmetic surgery segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period."
Based on application, the surgical sealants and adhesives market is segmented into cardiovascular surgery, general surgery, CNS surgery, pulmonary surgery, ophthalmic surgery, orthopedic surgery, cosmetic surgery, urological surgery, and other applications. The cosmetic surgery segment is projected to witness the highest growth in the market during the forecast period. This is due to the increasing adoption of tissue sealants and adhesives for cosmetic procedures and burn treatment surgeries. It is further set to increase with the increasing number of facial cosmetic surgeries, increasing cases of skin injuries, growing incidence of burn injuries, and an increasing number of breast cancer patients undergoing mastectomy and breast reconstruction procedures being carried out across the globe.
"The hospitals' segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period."
On the basis of end users, the surgical sealants and adhesives market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, and other end users (ambulatory surgery centers, burn care centers, and research institutes). The hospital segment is projected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period. The increasing number of surgeries taking place across the globe due to the rising geriatric population and the incidence of various diseases are expected to drive higher product adoption in this end user segment. Moreover, the increasing need to control blood loss and achieve efficient hemostasis and wound closure in trauma cases, injuries, or surgical procedures is leading to their rising adoption by surgeons.
"The APAC is projected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period."
APAC is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Factors such as the increasing investments by major players in these regions, rising health awareness, growing per capita income, increasing medical tourism, presence of less stringent regulations, and the growing demand for quality healthcare are expected to drive the growth of this market during the forecast period. The key players in this market have shifted their focus to the emerging economies in these regions, focusing on expansions and acquisitions in order to garner a greater market share in the upcoming years.
A breakdown of the primary participants referred to for this report is provided below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1-35%, Tier 2-45%, and Tier 3-20%
- By Designation: C-level-35%, D-level-25%, and Others-40%
- By Region: North America-45%, Europe-30%, Asia Pacific-20%, Latin America-3%, and the Middle East & Africa-2%
The prominent players in the surgical sealants and adhesives market are: Baxter International, Inc. (US), CryoLife, Inc. (US), Becton, Dickinson and Company [Bard,(US)], Ethicon, Inc. (US), Cardinal Health, Inc. (US), B. Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corporation (US), Medline Industries, Inc. (US), Adhezion Biomedical, LLC (US), Tricol Biomedical, Inc. (US), Vivostat A/S (Denmark), Advanced Medical Solutions Group plc (UK), Stryker Corporation (US), CSL Limited (Australia), Ocular Therapeutix, Inc. (US), MicroVal (France), GEM Srl (Italy), Hemostasis, LLC (US), Peters Surgical (France), and Tissuemed Ltd (UK).
The report analyzes the market for various surgical sealants and adhesives products and their adoption pattern. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the market and the different segments such as product, indication, application, and end user. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in this market, along with their company profiles, product offerings, and recent developments.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which, in turn, would help them to garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market presence.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the surgical sealants and adhesives market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, R&D activities, and product launches in the surgical sealants and adhesives market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on lucrative emerging regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, and recent developments in the global surgical sealants and adhesives market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, revenue analysis, and products of the leading players in the surgical sealants and adhesives market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION & SCOPE
- 1.2.1 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.2.2 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.3 CURRENCY
- 1.4 STAKEHOLDERS
- 1.5 LIMITATIONS
- 1.6 SUMMARY OF CHANGES
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH APPROACH
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY RESEARCH
- 22.214.171.124 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY RESEARCH
- 126.96.36.199 Key data from primary sources
- 188.8.131.52 Breakdown of primaries
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 DATA TRIANGULATION APPROACH
- 2.4 MARKET SHARE ESTIMATION
- 2.5 ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 SURGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2 LATIN AMERICA: SURGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES MARKET, BY INDICATION
- 4.3 SURGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES MARKET: GEOGRAPHIC GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- 4.4 SURGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES MARKET, BY REGION (2018-2025)
- 4.5 SURGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES MARKET: DEVELOPED VS. DEVELOPING MARKETS
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 MARKET DRIVERS
- 184.108.40.206 Rising need for effective blood loss management in patients
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing number of surgical procedures across the globe
- 18.104.22.168 Growing use of technologically advanced products
- 5.2.2 MARKET RESTRAINTS
- 22.214.171.124 Rising healthcare costs and lack of reimbursements
- 126.96.36.199 Cost-intensive requirement of clinical data for new product launches
- 5.2.3 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES
- 188.8.131.52 Improving healthcare systems in emerging markets
- 184.108.40.206 Rising prominence of adhesive dentistry
- 5.2.4 MARKET CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11 Development of novel biomaterials
- 18.104.22.168 Requirement of skilled personnel for optimal utilization of products
6 INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 6.2.1 GROWING PREFERENCE FOR GELATIN-BASED ADHESIVES AND HYDROGELS IN SURGICAL PROCEDURES
- 6.2.2 BIOMIMETIC ADHESIVES
- 6.2.3 NANO-ENABLED MATERIALS FOR NEXT-GENERATION ADHESIVES
- 6.3 STRATEGIC BENCHMARKING
- 6.4 REGULATORY ANALYSIS
- 6.4.1 NORTH AMERICA
- 22.214.171.124 US
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 6.4.2 EUROPE
- 6.4.3 ASIA PACIFIC
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 6.5 CLINICAL TRIAL ASSESSMENT
- 6.6 PARENT MARKET ANALYSIS
- 6.7 COVID-19 IMPACT ON THE SURGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES MARKET
7 SURGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 NATURAL/BIOLOGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES
- 7.2.1 NATURAL/BIOLOGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES, BY TYPE
- 18.104.22.168 Polypeptide/protein-based sealants and adhesives
- 22.214.171.124.1 Fibrin-based sealants and adhesives
- 126.96.36.199.2 Gelatin-based sealants and adhesives
- 188.8.131.52.3 Collagen-based sealants and adhesives
- 184.108.40.206.4 Albumin-based sealants and adhesives
- 220.127.116.11 Polysaccharide-based sealants and adhesives
- 18.104.22.168.1 Chitosan-based sealants and adhesives
- 22.214.171.124.2 Other polysaccharide-based sealants and adhesives
- 7.2.2 NATURAL/BIOLOGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES, BY ORIGIN
- 126.96.36.199 Animal-based sealants and adhesives
- 188.8.131.52 Human blood-based sealants and adhesives
- 7.3 SYNTHETIC & SEMISYNTHETIC SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES
- 7.3.1 PEG HYDROGELS
- 7.3.2 CYANOACRYLATES
- 7.3.3 URETHANE-BASED SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES
- 7.3.4 OTHER SYNTHETIC & SEMISYNTHETIC SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES
8 SURGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES MARKET, BY INDICATION
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 TISSUE SEALING
- 8.2.1 FIBRIN-BASED SEALANTS ARE MOST WIDELY USED FOR TISSUE SEALING ACROSS A RANGE OF SURGICAL PROCEDURES
- 8.3 SURGICAL HEMOSTASIS
- 8.3.1 RISING INCIDENCE OF CARDIOVASCULAR, ORTHOPEDIC, AND SPINAL CONDITIONS TO DRIVE GROWTH FOR SURGICAL HEMOSTASIS
- 8.4 TISSUE ENGINEERING
- 8.4.1 INCREASING R&D ON BIOMATERIALS DERIVED FROM HUMAN BLOOD TO ENHANCE THE GROWTH OF THIS SEGMENT
9 SURGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 CARDIOVASCULAR SURGERY
- 9.2.1 FIBRIN SEALANTS ARE WITNESSING INCREASING ADOPTION IN OPCAB AND MIDCAB PROCEDURES
- 9.3 GENERAL SURGERY
- 9.3.1 NEED TO PREVENT BLOOD LOSS IN GASTROINTESTINAL SURGERIES IS DRIVING MARKET GROWTH
- 9.4 CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM SURGERY
- 9.4.1 SEALANTS WITH ANTIMICROBIAL AND ANALGESIC PROPERTIES ARE UNDERGOING RESEARCH FOR CNS SURGERIES
- 9.5 ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY
- 9.5.1 INCREASE IN SPORTS-RELATED INJURY TREATMENTS IS AIDING GROWTH OF SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES IN THIS SEGMENT
- 9.6 COSMETIC SURGERY
- 9.6.1 INCREASING NUMBER OF COSMETIC AND SKIN SURGERIES ARE DRIVING MARKET GROWTH
- 9.7 UROLOGICAL SURGERY
- 9.7.1 COMPLEX RECONSTRUCTIVE GENITOURINARY PROCEDURES DRIVE THE GROWTH OF THIS SEGMENT
- 9.8 PULMONARY SURGERY
- 9.8.1 INCREASE IN LUNG CANCER-RELATED SURGERIES IS EXPECTED TO AID MARKET GROWTH
- 9.9 OPHTHALMIC SURGERY
- 9.9.1 REQUIREMENT FOR BETTER BIOCOMPATIBLE SEALANTS IS PROPELLING R&D AND DRIVING MARKET GROWTH
- 9.10 OTHER APPLICATIONS
10 SURGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES MARKET, BY END USER
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 HOSPITALS
- 10.2.1 INCREASING NUMBER OF SURGERIES AND TRAUMA CASES ARE SET TO INCREASE THE ADOPTION OF SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES
- 10.3 CLINICS
- 10.3.1 INCREASING NUMBER OF COSMETIC SURGERIES PERFORMED IN CLINICS IS EXPECTED TO DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
- 10.4 OTHER END USERS
11 SURGICAL SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES MARKET, BY REGION
- 11.1 INTRODUCTION
- 11.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 11.2.1 US
- 184.108.40.206 The US dominates the North American surgical sealants and adhesives market
- 11.2.2 CANADA
- 220.127.116.11 Improving healthcare quality and focus on patient safety will aid market growth
- 11.3 EUROPE
- 11.3.1 GERMANY
- 18.104.22.168 Germany holds the largest share in the European market
- 11.3.2 FRANCE
- 22.214.171.124 High healthcare spending supported by the government will drive the adoption of surgical products
- 11.3.3 UK
- 126.96.36.199 Rising incidence and prevalence of CVDs to drive market growth
- 11.3.4 ITALY
- 188.8.131.52 Growth in this market is driven by the improving quality and accessibility to medical care and technologies
- 11.3.5 SWITZERLAND
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing demand for healthcare services and growing healthcare awareness drive market growth
- 11.3.6 SPAIN
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing demand for bariatric surgeries in the country will drive the adoption of tissue sealing products
- 11.3.7 REST OF EUROPE
- 11.4 ASIA PACIFIC
- 11.4.1 JAPAN
- 18.104.22.168 Early adoption of technologically advanced products attracts market players and drives growth
- 11.4.2 CHINA
- 22.214.171.124 China is one of the fastest-growing markets offering significant growth opportunities
- 11.4.3 INDIA
- 126.96.36.199 Increasing number of surgical procedures being conducted for a large patient population will drive market growth
- 11.4.4 SOUTH KOREA
- 188.8.131.52 Highly attractive medical tourism industry in South Korea drives market growth
- 11.4.5 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 11.5 LATIN AMERICA
- 11.5.1 BRAZIL
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing number of cosmetic surgeries performed in the country is a major factor for market growth
- 11.5.2 MEXICO
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing incidence of lifestyle-related disorders is expected to increase surgical interventions thereby driving market growth
- 11.5.3 REST OF LATIN AMERICA
- 11.6 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 11.6.1 IMPROVING HEALTHCARE INFRASTRUCTURE WILL LEAD TO THE ADOPTION OF TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED PRODUCTS
12 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 12.1 OVERVIEW
- 12.2 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- 12.3 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 12.3.1 STARS
- 12.3.2 EMERGING LEADERS
- 12.3.3 PERVASIVE PLAYERS
- 12.3.4 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 12.4 COMPETITIVE SITUATION AND TRENDS
- 12.4.1 PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 12.4.2 EXPANSIONS
- 12.4.3 ACQUISITIONS
- 12.4.4 OTHER STRATEGIES
13 COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 13.1 JOHNSON & JOHNSON (ETHICON, INC.)
- 13.2 BAXTER INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- 13.3 BECTON, DICKINSON AND COMPANY
- 13.4 CARDINAL HEALTH, INC.
- 13.5 CRYOLIFE, INC.
- 13.6 B. BRAUN MELSUNGEN AG
- 13.7 INTEGRA LIFESCIENCES HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- 13.8 ADVANCED MEDICAL SOLUTIONS GROUP PLC (AMS GROUP)
- 13.9 STRYKER CORPORATION
- 13.10 CSL LIMITED
- 13.11 MEDLINE INDUSTRIES, INC.
- 13.12 ADHEZION BIOMEDICAL, LLC
- 13.13 TRICOL BIOMEDICAL, INC.
- 13.14 VIVOSTAT A/S
- 13.15 OCULAR THERAPEUTIX, INC.
- 13.16 OTHER COMPANIES
- 13.16.1 MICROVAL
- 13.16.2 GEM SRL
- 13.16.3 HEMOSTASIS, LLC
- 13.16.4 PETERS SURGICAL
- 13.16.5 TISSUEMED LTD
Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 14.1 INSIGHTS FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 14.2 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 14.3 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 14.4 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 14.5 RELATED REPORTS
- 14.6 AUTHOR DETAILS