Product Code: SE 7684
"Metal-air battery market is expected to grow at CAGR of 14.0% from 2020 to 2025."
The global metal-air battery market size is estimated to grow from USD 438 million in 2020 to USD 842 million by 2025; growing at a CAGR of 14.0%. The growth of the market is driven by the growing demand for high-capacity, safe, cost-effective, and eco-friendly energy storage solutions.
"Market for aluminum-air segment is expected to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period."
The market for aluminum-air batteries is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The attractive properties and features of Al-air batteries such as cost-effectiveness, recyclability, safety, and high-energy-density are expected to make them an ideal solution for the electric vehicle application during the forecast period. Aluminum is a lightweight metal and the Al-air battery uses air at the cathode that does not have to be stored in the battery, as a result, the Al-air battery is lighter compared with the Li-ion battery of similar capacity.
"Market for high-voltage metal-air batteries is expected to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period."
The market for high-voltage metal-air batteries is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth is attributed to numerous advantages offered by these batteries that include zero maintenance, non-flammable, safe to use, low cost, and easy installation. Market players are developing high-voltage metal-air battery systems that support and power high-current applications, have a long life span, and are equipped with high capacity and unmatched capabilities. These batteries are used for stationary power storage, marine, and telecom applications.
"Metal-air battery market for electric vehicles is expected to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period."
The electric vehicle application is expected to be one of the major segments for metal-air batteries. The market for these vehicles is expected to significantly grow in the near future, partly driven by the adoption of various environmental norms and emission regulations. This is expected to create demand for metal-air batteries. Owing to environmental concerns and awareness about clean and sustainable fuel, there is a rise in the demand for EVs. Several companies in the industry such as Phinergy, MAL Research and Development Limited, and Log9 Materials are working on developing metal-air batteries for electric vehicles.
"APAC to continue to dominate global metal-air battery market throughout forecast period."
APAC is expected to continue to hold the largest share of the metal-air battery market from 2020 to 2025. The high number of metal-air energy storage system installations in the region, especially in Indonesia and huge amounts of sales of electronic devices that use zinc-air batteries, attribute to the dominating position of the region in the metal-air battery market. The strong growth of electronics and automotive industries in the region is likely to offer growth potential to the market in the near future.
Breakdown of Profiles of Primary Participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 = 15%, Tier 2 = 25%, and Tier 3 = 60%
- By Designation: C Level Executives = 35%, Directors = 40%, Managers = 25%
- By Region: North America = 30%, Europe = 35%, APAC = 20%, RoW = 15%
Major players profiled in this report:
- NantEnergy Inc. (US)
- Phinergy (Israel)
- Log 9 Materials (India)
- Arotech Corporation (US)
- PolyPlus Battery Company (US)
- Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- GP Batteries International Limited. (Hong Kong)
- Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc. (Canada)
- E-Stone Batteries B.V. (Netherlands)
- Arconic Inc. (US)
This report offers detailed insights into the metal-air battery market, based on metal, voltage, type, application, and region. Based on metal, the metal-air battery market has been segmented into zinc-air, lithium-air, aluminum-air, iron-air, and others. Based on voltage, the market has been divided into low (below 12V), medium (12V to 36V), and high (above 36V). Based on type, the metal-air battery market is segmented into primary batteries and secondary/rechargeable batteries. Based on application, the metal-air battery market has been classified into electric vehicles, military electronics, electronic devices, stationary power, and others. The market has been studied for North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Rest of the World (RoW). We have also captured the impact of COVID-19 on metal air battery market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the metal-air battery market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall size of the market, as well as its segments and subsegments.
- 2. This report includes the analysis of impact of COVID-19 on metal air battery market
- 3. The report is expected to help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information about key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- 4. This report aims at helping stakeholders in obtaining an improved understanding of their competitors and gaining insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem of the market, as well as growth strategies such as product launches and developments, expansions, partnerships, agreements, contracts, and mergers & acquisitions adopted by major market players.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 STUDY OBJECTIVES
- 1.2 DEFINITION AND SCOPE
- 1.3 STUDY SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKET COVERED
- 1.3.2 YEARS CONSIDERED
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 LIMITATIONS
- 1.6 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206 Major secondary sources
- 220.127.116.11 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 18.104.22.168 Key data from primary sources
- 22.214.171.124 Breakdown of primaries
- 2.1.3 SECONDARY AND PRIMARY RESEARCH
- 126.96.36.199 Key industry insights
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 188.8.131.52 Approach for arriving at market size through bottom-up analysis (demand side)
- 2.2.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 184.108.40.206 Approach for arriving at market size through top-down analysis (supply side)
- 2.3 MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 OVERVIEW OF METAL-AIR BATTERY MARKET
- 4.2 METAL-AIR BATTERY MARKET, BY METAL
- 4.3 METAL-AIR BATTERY MARKET, BY APPLICATION AND COUNTRY
- 4.4 METAL-AIR BATTERY MARKET, BY REGION
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 220.127.116.11 Growing demand for high-energy-density storage solutions and inherent properties of metal-air batteries
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing use of zinc-air batteries in electronic devices, especially in hearing aids
- 22.214.171.124 Global shift toward green-energy sources
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 126.96.36.199 Absence of proper standards for developing metal-air batteries
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 188.8.131.52 Newer applications of metal-air batteries apart from electric vehicles
- 184.108.40.206 Substantial growth in demand for electric vehicles
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11 Corrosion between electrolyte and anode in zinc-air batteries
- 18.104.22.168 Rapid discharging of aluminum-air and magnesium-air batteries
- 5.3 IMPACT OF COVID-19 PANDEMIC ON BATTERY INDUSTRY
6 METAL-AIR BATTERY MARKET, BY METAL
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 ZINC-AIR
- 6.2.1 ZINC-AIR BATTERIES TO HOLD LARGEST SHARE OF MARKET IN 2025
- 6.3 LITHIUM-AIR
- 6.3.1 LITHIUM-AIR BATTERIES COULD BE AN EXCELLENT POWER OPTION FOR MILITARY APPLICATIONS
- 6.4 ALUMINUM-AIR
- 6.4.1 ALUMINUM-AIR BATTERIES ARE CURRENTLY MAIN FOCUS OF ELECTRIC VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS AND SUPPLIERS
- 6.5 IRON-AIR
- 6.5.1 FEATURES SUCH AS LOW COST, LONG OPERATIONAL LIFE, EASILY RECYCLABLE MATERIAL, AND SAFE OPERATION OF IRON-AIR BATTERIES ARE EXPECTED TO ATTRACT CUSTOMERS
- 6.6 OTHERS
7 METAL-AIR BATTERY MARKET, BY VOLTAGE
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 LOW (BELOW 12 V)
- 7.2.1 ELECTRONIC DEVICES ARE LARGEST ADOPTERS OF METAL-AIR BATTERIES OF VOLTAGE RANGE BELOW 12 V
- 7.3 MEDIUM (12-36 V)
- 7.3.1 EXCELLENT BATTERY OPTION FOR REMOTE MONITORING AND MILITARY ELECTRONICS APPLICATIONS
- 7.4 HIGH (ABOVE 36 V)
- 7.4.1 BATTERIES OF ABOVE 36 V OFFER HIGHER POWER, LONGER LIFE, AND MORE SAFETY THAN LEAD-ACID BATTERIES
8 METAL-AIR BATTERY TYPES
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 PRIMARY BATTERIES
- 8.2.1 ZINC-AIR BATTERIES ARE AMONG MOST MATURE PRIMARY METAL-AIR BATTERIES
- 8.3 SECONDARY/RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES
- 8.3.1 ZINC-AIR BATTERY TECHNOLOGY OFFERS MOST RELIABLE AND IMMEDIATE PATHWAY TO FEASIBLE SECONDARY METAL-AIR BATTERY
9 METAL-AIR BATTERY MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 ELECTRIC VEHICLES
- 9.2.1 METAL-AIR BATTERIES PROVIDE HIGH-POWER DENSITY AND HIGH THERMAL STABILITY TO ELECTRIC VEHICLES
- 9.3 MILITARY ELECTRONICS
- 9.3.1 METAL-AIR BATTERIES ARE AMONG IDEAL CHOICES FOR VARIOUS MILITARY ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
- 9.4 ELECTRONIC DEVICES
- 9.4.1 HIGH OUTPUT, HIGH-ENERGY DENSITY, AND LOW DISCHARGING RATE ARE EXPECTED TO PROPEL ADOPTION OF METAL-AIR BATTERIES IN ELECTRONIC DEVICES
- 9.5 STATIONARY POWER
- 9.5.1 METAL-AIR BATTERIES ARE DESIRABLE ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEMS FOR GRID LEVEL ELECTRICAL ENERGY STORAGE
- 9.6 OTHERS
10 METAL-AIR BATTERY MARKET, BY REGION
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 10.2.1 US
- 10.2.1.1 Increasing support from government and utility authorities for new energy storage technologies in US expected to create new growth opportunities for metal-air battery market
- 10.2.2 CANADA
- 10.2.2.1 Increasing investments in startups to commercialize metal-air battery solutions
- 10.2.3 MEXICO
- 10.2.3.1 Increasing number of EVs in country will offer significant growth opportunities for metal-air battery market
- 10.3 EUROPE
- 10.3.1 UK
- 10.3.1.1 Favorable government initiatives coupled with substantial developments in metal-air battery technologies will positively affect market growth
- 10.3.2 NETHERLANDS
- 10.3.2.1 Metal-air battery technology is likely to receive significant attention due to increasing need for eco-friendly energy sources for electric vehicles
- 10.3.3 GERMANY
- 10.3.3.1 Germany is expected to account for largest share of European metal-air battery market in 2025
- 10.3.4 REST OF EUROPE
- 10.4 APAC
- 10.4.1 CHINA
- 10.4.1.1 China holds great potential for growth of metal-air battery market
- 10.4.2 INDIA
- 10.4.2.1 Ongoing partnerships and collaborations will offer positive growth prospects
- 10.4.3 JAPAN
- 10.4.3.1 Presence of metal-air battery manufacturers and technology-obsessed population is expected to offer significant growth opportunities
- 10.4.4 REST OF APAC
- 10.5 ROW
11 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 11.1 OVERVIEW
- 11.2 MARKET RANKING ANALYSIS FOR METAL-AIR BATTERY MANUFACTURERS
- 11.3 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 11.3.1 VISIONARIES
- 11.3.2 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 11.3.3 INNOVATORS
- 11.3.4 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 11.4 COMPETITIVE SITUATIONS AND TRENDS
- 11.4.1 PRODUCT & PROJECT LAUNCHES AND DEPLOYMENTS
- 11.4.2 CONTRACTS, PARTNERSHIPS, COLLABORATIONS, AGREEMENTS (2017- MARCH 2020)
- 11.4.3 INVESTMENTS
- 11.4.4 ACQUISITIONS
- 11.4.5 OTHERS
12 COMPANY PROFILES
- 12.1 INTRODUCTION (Business Overview, Products and Solutions Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View)*
- 12.2 KEY PLAYERS
- 12.2.1 NANTENERGY INC.
- 12.2.2 PHINERGY
- 12.2.3 LOG 9 MATERIALS
- 12.2.4 AROTECH CORPORATION
- 12.2.5 POLYPLUS BATTERY CO.
- 12.2.6 FUJI PIGMENT CO., LTD.
- 12.2.7 GP BATTERIES INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
- 12.2.8 ARCONIC INC.
- 12.2.9 ZINC8 ENERGY SOLUTIONS INC.
- 12.2.10 E-STONE BATTERIES B.V.
- 12.3 RIGHT TO WIN
- 12.4 OTHER KEY PLAYERS
- 12.4.1 ENERGIZER HOLDINGS, INC. (ENERGIZER)
- 12.4.2 ENZINC
- 12.4.3 EXCELLATRON SOLID STATE, LLC
- 12.4.4 IBM RESEARCH
- 12.4.5 IONOMR INNOVATIONS INC.
- 12.4.6 ISKRA
- 12.4.7 MINUSQUARE
- 12.4.8 RENATA SA
- 12.4.9 ZAF ENERGY SYSTEMS
- 12.4.10 ACTXE LIMITED
- 12.4.11 MAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
- 12.4.12 PHINERGY MARINE
- 12.4.13 AQUA POWER SYSTEMS
- 12.4.14 MAG ONE PRODUCTS INC.
- 12.4.15 RIALAIR LTD.
- 12.4.16 E-ZN
- 12.4.17 EVERZINC
Details on Business Overview, Products and Solutions Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, and MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 13.1 INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 13.2 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 13.3 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 13.4 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 13.5 RELATED REPORTS
- 13.6 AUTHOR DETAILS