Product Code: AST 5029
"The HPLC market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period (2020-2025)."
The global HPLC market size is projected to reach USD 5.7 billion by 2025 from USD 4.5 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period. The key factors driving the growth of this market include the high sensitivity and accuracy of the HPLC technique, the growing importance of HPLC tests in drug approvals, improving popularity of hyphenated techniques, and increasing pharmaceutical R&D spending. However, the high cost of HPLC systems is expected to restrict market growth to a certain extent.
"Adoption of HPLC Instrument is expected to increase during the forecast period."
The acceptance of HPLC instruments is expected to rise due to the growing prevalence of patented studies and clinical trials. Growth in the research & development of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food industry, agricultural industry, cosmetics, diagnostics, and forensic sciences will drive the growth of this segment. Consumables will also show a higher growth rate during the forecast period.
"The clinical research segment will grow at the highest rate during the forecast period."
An increase in drug development studies, testing for raw materials, analysis of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, sulfur, chlorine, and oxygen in organic compounds and determining the presence of impurities has created a demand for advanced analysis equipment. An increase in research in various countries and a growth in clinical trial studies shows growth opportunities for this market.
"The market in North America is projected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period (2020-2025)."
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global HPLC market. Market growth in this region is driven primarily by the increase in the funding for R&D, a growing number of preclinical activities by CROs and pharmaceutical companies, and the increasing food and agricultural industry in Canada. On the other hand, Asia-Pacific is projected to have the highest growth rate in the forecast period. The high growth rate of the Asian region can be attributed to factors such as extensive sales of biosimilars and generics in Japan, and the growth in the pharma and biotech sectors in India and China are some of the major factors driving the growth of the HPLC market in this region.
A breakdown of the primary participants referred to for this report is provided below:
- By Company Type (Supply-side): Tier 1: 41%, Tier 2: 26%, and Tier 3: 21%
- By Category (Demand-side): Pharmaceutical Companies: 83% and Biotechnology company: 17%
- By Designation: C-level: 39%, Director-level: 25%, and Managers: 23%
- By Region: North America: 38%, Europe: 31%, Asia: 23%, and the RoW: 17%
The HPLC market is well established owing to the dominance of prominent market players, such as Waters (US), Agilent (US), Shimadzu (Japan), Thermo Fisher (US), PerkinElmer (US), GE Healthcare (US), Bio-Rad (US), Merck Millipore (Germany), Hitachi (Japan), Showa Denko (Japan), Gilson (US), Phenomenex (US), JASCO (US), Hamilton Company (US), SIELC (US), Orochem (US), YMC Co. Ltd. (Japan), Restek (US), Trajan Scientific (Australia), and Tosoh Bioscience LLC (Japan).
The report analyzes the HPLC market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market based on various segments such as product, application, and region. The report also includes competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product and service offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report can help established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which, in turn, would help them garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one, or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies.
This report provides insights into the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the HPLC market. The report analyzes the market based on the product, type, application, end user, and region.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and product launches in the HPLC market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various types of HPLC solutions across regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the HPLC market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the HPLC market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 LIMITATIONS
- 1.6 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY STEPS
- 2.2.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 22.214.171.124 Secondary sources
- 2.2.2 PRIMARY RESEARCH
- 126.96.36.199 Primary sources
- 188.8.131.52 Key insights from primary sources
- 2.2.3 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION METHODOLOGY
- 2.2.4 REVENUE MAPPING-BASED MARKET ESTIMATION
- 2.3 MARKET DATA ESTIMATION AND TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 HIGH-PERFORMANCE LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2 GEOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS: NORTH AMERICAN HPLC MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 4.3 HPLC MARKET SHARE, BY PRODUCT, 2020 VS. 2025
- 4.4 HPLC MARKET SHARE, BY APPLICATION, 2020 VS. 2025
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 184.108.40.206 High sensitivity and accuracy of the HPLC technique
- 220.127.116.11 Growing popularity of hyphenated techniques
- 18.104.22.168 Growing importance of HPLC tests in drug approvals
- 22.214.171.124 Increasing pharmaceutical R&D spending
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 126.96.36.199 High cost of equipment
- 188.8.131.52 Dearth of skilled professionals
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing use of chromatography in the purification of monoclonal antibodies
- 220.127.116.11 Emerging markets in the Asia Pacific region
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 18.104.22.168 Extensive requirements in developing systems that generate pressure above 20,000 psi
- 22.214.171.124 Lack of long-term reproducibility
6 HIGH-PERFORMANCE LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 INSTRUMENTS
- 6.2.1 HPLC SYSTEMS
- 126.96.36.199 HPLC systems dominated the instruments market in 2019
- 6.2.2 PUMPS
- 188.8.131.52 Rising demand for high-pressure pumps to drive market growth
- 6.2.3 DETECTORS
- 184.108.40.206 Need for the precise detection of minute analyte concentration to boost market growth
- 6.2.4 FRACTION COLLECTORS
- 220.127.116.11 Technological advancements to drive the demand for fraction collectors
- 6.3 CONSUMABLES
- 6.3.1 COLUMNS
- 18.104.22.168 Growth in R&D to boost the HPLC columns market
- 22.214.171.124 Reversed-phase HPLC columns
- 126.96.36.199 Ion-exchange HPLC columns
- 188.8.131.52 Normal phase/hydrophilic interaction HPLC columns
- 184.108.40.206 Other HPLC columns
- 6.3.2 FILTERS
- 220.127.116.11 Need for efficient filters is high as they increase the lifespan of expensive analytical columns
- 6.3.3 VIALS
- 18.104.22.168 Vial selection is an important step in chromatography
- 6.3.4 TUBES
- 22.214.171.124 Material improvements in tubes to support market growth
- 6.4 ACCESSORIES
7 HIGH-PERFORMANCE LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 CLINICAL RESEARCH APPLICATIONS
- 7.2.1 GROWTH IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOTECHNOLOGY INDUSTRIES TO SUPPORT THE GROWTH OF THIS APPLICATION SEGMENT
- 7.3 DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATIONS
- 7.3.1 RISING NEED TO DETERMINE METABOLITES AND ANALYTES TO BOOST MARKET GROWTH
- 7.4 FORENSIC APPLICATIONS
- 7.4.1 US IS THE LARGEST MARKET FOR THE FORENSIC APPLICATIONS OF HPLC
- 7.5 OTHER APPLICATIONS
8 HIGH-PERFORMANCE LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY MARKET, BY REGION
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 8.2.1 US
- 126.96.36.199 US accounted for the largest share of the North American market
- 8.2.2 CANADA
- 188.8.131.52 Growth in the food and agricultural sectors to support market growth in Canada
- 8.3 EUROPE
- 8.3.1 GERMANY
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing life science research to aid market growth in Germany
- 8.3.2 UK
- 220.127.116.11 Growth in the biotechnology sector to drive market growth in the UK
- 8.3.3 FRANCE
- 18.104.22.168 Faster approvals for clinical trials to drive the demand for HPLC in France
- 8.3.4 ITALY
- 22.214.171.124 Growth in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries to support market growth in Italy
- 8.3.5 SPAIN
- 126.96.36.199 Growth in the biotechnology industry to drive market growth in Spain
- 8.3.6 REST OF EUROPE
- 8.4 ASIA PACIFIC
- 8.4.1 JAPAN
- 188.8.131.52 Rising production of biosimilars and generics to support market growth in Japan
- 8.4.2 CHINA
- 184.108.40.206 Growth in the biotechnology sector to support market growth in China
- 8.4.3 INDIA
- 220.127.116.11 Growing pharmaceutical sector to support market growth in India
- 8.4.4 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 8.5 REST OF THE WORLD
- 8.5.1 MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 18.104.22.168 Rising healthcare expenditure to drive market growth in the Middle East and Africa
- 8.5.2 LATIN AMERICA
- 22.214.171.124 Growth in the biotechnology & pharmaceutical industries to drive market growth in Latin America
9 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 9.1 OVERVIEW
- 9.2 MARKET SHARES OF PLAYERS, 2019
- 9.3 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING (OVERALL MARKET)
- 9.3.1 VISIONARY LEADERS
- 9.3.2 INNOVATORS
- 9.3.3 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 9.3.4 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 9.4 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 9.4.1 PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 9.4.2 AGREEMENTS, PARTNERSHIPS, & COLLABORATIONS
- 9.4.3 ACQUISITIONS
- 9.4.4 EXPANSIONS
10 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business overview, Products offered, Recent developments, MNM view)*
- 10.1 WATERS CORPORATION
- 10.2 AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 10.3 SHIMADZU CORPORATION
- 10.4 THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC.
- 10.5 GE HEALTHCARE
- 10.6 PERKINELMER, INC.
- 10.7 BIO-RAD LABORATORIES, INC.
- 10.8 MERCK MILLIPORE
- 10.9 HITACHI, LTD.
- 10.10 GILSON, INC.
- 10.11 PHENOMENEX
- 10.12 JASCO, INC.
- 10.13 SHOWA DENKO K.K.
- 10.14 HAMILTON COMPANY
- 10.15 OROCHEM
- 10.16 RESTEK CORPORATION
- 10.17 YMC CO. LTD.
- 10.18 TRAJAN SCIENTIFIC
- 10.19 TOSOH BIOSCIENCE
- 10.20 SIELC
Business overview, Products offered, Recent developments, MNM view might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 11.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 11.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 11.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 11.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 11.5 AUTHOR DETAILS