Product Code: HIT 2608
"The digital pathology market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 13.2% during the forecast period (2020-2025)."
The global digital pathology market is projected to reach USD 1,139.8 billion by 2025 from USD 613.6 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 13.2% during the forecast period. The key factors driving the growth of this market include the increasing adoption of digital pathology to enhance lab efficiency, rising prevalence of cancer, growing application of digital pathology in drug development & companion diagnostics, and increasing initiatives by industry players. However, the high cost of digital pathology systems is expected to restrict market growth to a certain extent.
"Adoption of artificial intelligence is expected to increase during the forecast period."
The adoption of AI in healthcare has been rising in recent years due to its ability to optimize clinical processes, thereby solving a variety of problems in the healthcare industry. AI helps patients receive correct diagnosis in a timely manner, maximize hospital efficiency, and reduce the waiting time for patients, thereby enhancing overall healthcare. AI helps in collecting, storing, and normalizing data along with tracing its lineage.
"The software segment will grow at the highest rate during the forecast period."
On the basis of product, the digital pathology market is segmented into scanners, software, communication systems, and storage systems. The scanners segment accounted for the largest share of the digital pathology market in 2019. The large share of this segment is mainly due to the increasing adoption of digital pathology solutions across the globe, and the high cost of scanners. On the other hand, the software segment is projected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period, due to the availability of user-friendly, analytical, and advanced functions for pathology diagnosis.
"By type, the human pathology segment accounted for the largest share of the digital pathology market in 2019."
On the basis of type, the global digital pathology market is segmented into human and veterinary pathology. The human pathology segment accounted for the largest share of the digital pathology market in 2019. The increasing number of cancer research activities and growing collaborations between academic research institutes, universities, and pathology laboratories are driving the increased uptake of digital systems in human pathology.
"The market in North America is projected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period (2020-2025)."
North America is projected to register the highest growth during the forecast period. This large share can be attributed to factors such as the rising prevalence of cancer and increasing initiatives by industry players. On the other hand, the Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at the second-highest CAGR during the forecast period. Factors such as a large patient population, shortage of pathologists, increasing initiatives in the healthcare industry by key market players, and rising adoption of advanced technologies for disease diagnosis are driving the growth of the digital pathology market in this region.
A breakdown of the primary participants referred to for this report is provided below:
- By Company Type (Supply-side): Tier 1: 29%, Tier 2: 37%, and Tier 3: 34%
- By Category (Demand-side): Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies: 55%, Hospitals and Reference Laboratories: 35%, and Academic & Research Institutes: 10%
- By Designation: C-level: 35%, Director-level: 25%, and Managers: 40%
- By Region: North America: 35%, Europe: 32%, Asia: 22%, and the RoW: 11%
Leica Biosystems (US), Koninklijke Philips (Netherlands), and Hamamatsu Photonics K.K. (Japan) are the leading players in the global digital pathology market. Other notable players in this market include Roche (Switzerland), 3DHISTECH (Hungary), Apollo Enterprise Imaging (US), XIFIN (US), Huron Digital Pathology (Canada), Visiopharm A/S (Denmark), Corista (US), Indica Labs (US), Objective Pathology Services (Canada), Sectra AB (Sweden), OptraSCAN (India), Glencoe Software (US), KONFOONG BIOTECH INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD (China), Inspirata Inc. (US), Mikroscan Technologies (US), Proscia Inc. (US), and Kanteron Systems (Spain).
The report analyzes the digital pathology market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market based on various segments such as product, type, application, end user, and region. The report also includes competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product and service offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report can help established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which, in turn, would help them garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one, or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies.
This report provides insights into the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the digital pathology market. The report analyzes the market based on the product, type, application, end user, and region.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and product launches in the digital pathology market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various types of digital pathology solutions across regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the digital pathology market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the digital pathology market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.2.1. INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 18.104.22.168. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 22.214.171.124. Key data from primary sources
- 126.96.36.199. Break down of primary sources
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3. MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. MARKET SHARE ESTIMATION
- 2.5. ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. DIGITAL PATHOLOGY MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2. NORTH AMERICA: DIGITAL PATHOLOGY MARKET, BY PRODUCT (2019)
- 4.3. GEOGRAPHICAL SNAPSHOT OF THE DIGITAL PATHOLOGY MARKET
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing adoption of digital pathology to enhance lab efficiency
- 184.108.40.206. Rising prevalence of cancer
- 220.127.116.11. Growing applications of digital pathology in drug development and companion diagnostics
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing initiatives by industry players
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 22.214.171.124. High cost of digital pathology systems
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 126.96.36.199. Introduction of affordable scanners for private pathology practices
- 188.8.131.52. Increase in demand for personalized medicines
- 184.108.40.206. High scope of growth in emerging economies
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11. Lack of trained pathologists
6. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN DIGITAL PATHOLOGY
7. DIGITAL PATHOLOGY MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. SCANNERS
- 7.2.1. SCANNERS ACCOUNTED FOR THE LARGEST SHARE OF THE MARKET IN 2019
- 7.2.2. BRIGHTFIELD SCANNERS
- 7.2.3. FLUORESCENCE SCANNERS
- 7.2.4. OTHER SCANNERS
- 7.3. SOFTWARE
- 7.3.1. DIGITAL PATHOLOGY SOFTWARE OFFER ANALYTICAL AND HIGHLY ADVANCED FUNCTIONS NOT OFFERED BY TRADITIONAL MICROSCOPES
- 7.3.2. INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
- 7.3.3. IMAGE ANALYSIS SOFTWARE
- 7.3.4. VISUALIZATION SOFTWARE
- 7.4. COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- 7.4.1. INTRODUCTION OF CLOUD-BASED COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS PROVIDES IMPETUS TO MARKET GROWTH
- 7.5. STORAGE SYSTEMS
- 7.5.1. APPLICATION OF PACS AND VNA TO DRIVE THE STORAGE SYSTEMS MARKET
8. DIGITAL PATHOLOGY MARKET, BY TYPE
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. HUMAN PATHOLOGY
- 8.2.1. HUMAN PATHOLOGY SEGMENT HELD THE LARGEST SHARE OF THE MARKET IN 2019
- 8.3. VETERINARY PATHOLOGY
- 8.3.1. VETERINARY DIGITAL PATHOLOGY CUTS THE TURNAROUND TIME FOR ANIMAL DISEASE DIAGNOSIS-A KEY FACTOR DRIVING MARKET GROWTH
9. DIGITAL PATHOLOGY MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. DRUG DISCOVERY
- 9.2.1. INCREASES IN R&D SPENDING WILL PROVIDE IMPETUS TO DRUG DISCOVERY SEGMENT DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD.
- 9.3. DISEASE DIAGNOSIS
- 9.3.1. DISEASE DIAGNOSIS SEGMENT TO REGISTER STEADY GROWTH DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD.
- 9.4. TELECONSULTATION
- 9.4.1. THE NEED FOR ACCURATE, EFFICIENT, AND QUICK DIAGNOSIS IS EXPECTED TO DRIVE THE TELECONSULTATION MARKET DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD
- 9.5. TRAINING & EDUCATION
- 9.5.1. DIGITAL PATHOLOGY CAN IMPROVE DISTRIBUTION OF RARE AND EDUCATIONAL CASES FOR TRAINING
10. DIGITAL PATHOLOGY MARKET, BY END USER
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. PHARMACEUTICAL & BIOTECHNOLOGY COMPANIES
- 10.2.1. PHARMACEUTICAL & BIOTECHNOLOGY COMPANIES SEGMENT IS ESTIMATED TO GROW AT THE HIGHEST CAGR DURING THE FORECAST
- 10.3. HOSPITALS & REFERENCE LABORATORIES
- 10.3.1. INCREASING ADOPTION OF DIGITAL PATHOLOGY SOLUTIONS IN HOSPITALS TO DRIVE THE GROWTH OF THIS END-USER SEGMENT
- 10.4. ACADEMIC & RESEARCH INSTITUTES
- 10.4.1. ACADEMIC & RESEARCH INSTITUTES SEGMENT TO REGISTER STEADY GROWTH DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD
11. GLOBAL DIGITAL PATHOLOGY MARKET, BY REGION
- 11.1. INTRODUCTION
- 11.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 11.2.1. US
- 18.104.22.168. Favorable reimbursement scenario for digital pathology in the US
- 11.2.2. CANADA
- 22.214.171.124. Growing need for high-quality cancer diagnosis and government initiatives to drive the market growth in Canada
- 11.3. EUROPE
- 11.3.1. UK
- 126.96.36.199. The UK to account for the largest share in the European market
- 11.3.2. GERMANY
- 188.8.131.52. High healthcare expenditure and supportive health insurance to drive the market growth in Germany
- 11.3.3. SWEDEN
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing government initiatives and deployment of digital pathology solutions
- 11.3.4. DENMARK
- 220.127.116.11. High cancer prevalence to drive the market growth in Denmark
- 11.3.5. FRANCE
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing incidences of cancer to drive the market growth during the forecast period
- 11.3.6. REST OF EUROPE (ROE)
- 22.214.171.124. Integration & deployment of digital pathology solutions in Rest of Europe
- 11.4. ASIA PACIFIC
- 11.4.1. CHINA
- 126.96.36.199. Favorable initiatives for the adoption of telepathology in China
- 11.4.2. JAPAN
- 188.8.131.52. Initiatives are taken by industry players for cancer diagnosis
- 11.4.3. INDIA
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing incidences of cancer in India to drive the market growth
- 11.4.4. REST OF ASIA PACIFIC (ROAPAC)
- 11.5. REST OF THE WORLD
- 11.5.1. LATIN AMERICA
- 220.127.116.11. Increase in purchasing power and healthcare affordability to drive the market growth in LATAM countries
- 11.5.2. MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 18.104.22.168. Potential for the growth of the digital pathology market in this region
12. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 12.1. INTRODUCTION
- 12.2. MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- 12.3. COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING (OVERALL MARKET) (2019)
- 12.3.1. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 12.3.2. INNOVATORS
- 12.3.3. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 12.3.4. EMERGING COMPANIES
- 12.4. COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 12.4.1. KEY DEVELOPMENTS IN THE DIGITAL PATHOLOGY MARKET
- 12.4.2. KEY PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 12.4.3. KEY ACQUISITIONS
- 12.4.4. KEY EXPANSIONS
13. COMPANY PROFILES (Business overview, Products offered, Recent developments, Competitive analysis)*
- 13.1. LEICA BIOSYSTEMS (SUBSIDIARY OF DANAHER CORPORATION)
- 13.2. KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS
- 13.3. HAMAMATSU PHOTONICS
- 13.4. F. HOFFMANN-LA ROCHE LTD
- 13.5. SECTRA AB
- 13.6. 3DHISTECH
- 13.7. APOLLO ENTERPRISE IMAGING
- 13.8. XIFIN, INC.
- 13.9. HURON DIGITAL PATHOLOGY
- 13.10. VISIOPHARM
- 13.11. CORISTA
- 13.12. INDICA LABS
- 13.13. OBJECTIVE PATHOLOGY SERVICES
- 13.14. OPTRASCAN, INC.
- 13.15. GLENCOE SOFTWARE, INC.
- 13.16. OTHER COMPANIES
- 13.16.1. KONFOONG BIOTECH INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
- 13.16.2. INSPIRATA, INC.
- 13.16.3. MIKROSCAN TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 13.16.4. PROSCIA INC
- 13.16.5. KANTERON SYSTEMS
*Business overview, Products offered, Recent developments, Competitive analysis might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 14.1. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 14.2. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 14.3. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 14.4. RELATED REPORTS
- 14.5. AUTHOR DETAILS