Product Code: CH 7580
"The biological wastewater treatment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% between 2020 and 2025."
The biological wastewater treatment market size is estimated to be USD 8.7 billion in 2020 and projected to reach USD 11.1 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2020 to 2025. Stringent regulations regarding the disposal of wastewater into the environment or for reuse, aging infrastructure, water scarcity & reusability of wastewater, rapidly growing population, and industrialization are major drivers responsible for the growth of biological wastewater treatment market.
"The aerobic segment projected to lead the biological wastewater treatment market during the forecast period."
Based on process, the biological wastewater treatment market is classified into aerobic and anaerobic. The aerobic segment is projected to account for a larger share of the market. This larger share can be attributed to its stability in effluent processing and low capital cost requirement for installation.
The anaerobic segment is expected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the low consumption of energy and low production of sludge after processing.
"The industrial segment is expected to lead the biological wastewater treatment market."
Based on end-use industry, the market is segmented into municipal and industrial. The industrial segment includes pulp & paper, meat & poultry, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and others. Others include textile, dairy, breweries, oil & gas, and metal. The industrial segment accounted for a larger share, owing to the high biological oxygen demand (BOD) requirement in industrial wastewater treatment and stringent regulations regarding the disposal of industrial wastewater.
"North America is estimated to account for a major share of the market in 2020."
Based on region, the biological wastewater treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South Africa. North America accounted for the largest share in 2019, owing to the stringent regulations regarding the disposal of wastewater into the environment or reuse and the increasing water consumption from industries. The presence of major manufacturers such as Evoqua Water Technologies LLC (US), Aquatech International (US), and Xylem Inc. (US) and stringent regulations regarding the disposal of wastewater into the environment or for reuse are factors responsible for the growth of biological wastewater treatment market in North America.
Breakdown of primary interviews for the report on the biological wastewater treatment market:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 - 20%, Tier 2 -45%, and Tier 3 - 35%
- By Designation - C-Level - 20%, Director Level - 25% and Others - 55%
- By Region - Europe- 50%, North America - 20%, Asia Pacific- 15%, South America- 10%. The Middle East & Africa - 5%
The leading biological wastewater treatment equipment manufacturers profiled in this report are: Veolia (France), and Suez Water Technologies & Solutions (France), Aquatech International (US), Evoqua Water Technologies LLC (US), Ecolab Inc. (US), Pentair plc (US), Xylem Inc. (US), Samco Technologies, Inc. (US), and Dryden Aqua Ltd. (India), and DAS Environmental Expert GmbH (Germany).
The report covers the biological wastewater treatment market based on process, end-use industry, and region. This report aims at estimating the size and future growth potential of the biological wastewater treatment market across various segmentations. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key market players, along with their profiles and key growth strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
From an insight perspective, this report focuses on various levels of analyses, which include industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles. These insights together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the biological wastewater treatment market, high-growth regions, and drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the market.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on various processes (aerobic or anaerobic) in systems offered by top players operating in the biological wastewater treatment market.
- Product Development/Innovation: A detailed insight into upcoming technologies for the manufacture of biological wastewater treatment equipment, R&D activities, and new applications in various end-use industries in the market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative and emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for biological wastewater treatment across different regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the biological wastewater treatment market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the biological wastewater treatment market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. PRIMARY AND SECONDARY RESEARCH (VALUE MARKET)- APPROACH 1
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY AND SECONDARY RESEARCH (VALUE MARKET)- APPROACH 2
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1. BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2. TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.3. SECONDARY DATA
- 2.4. PRIMARY DATA
- 2.5. RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- 2.5.1. ASSUMPTIONS
- 2.5.2. LIMITATIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT MARKET
- 4.2. BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT MARKET, BY END-USE INDUSTRY
- 4.3. BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT MARKET, BY PROCESS
- 4.4. BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT MARKET, BY REGION
- 4.5. NORTH AMERICA: BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT MARKET, BY PROCESS & COUNTRY
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 220.127.116.11. Aging infrastructure, water scarcity, and reusability of water
- 18.104.22.168. Stringent regulations regarding the disposal of wastewater
- 22.214.171.124. Increase in industrial water consumption and discharge
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 126.96.36.199. High capital, maintenance, and operational costs
- 188.8.131.52. Decreasing capital funding
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 184.108.40.206. Growing demand for sustainable, energy-efficient, and advanced wastewater treatment technologies
- 220.127.116.11. Smart metering and data analysis
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
- 18.104.22.168. High energy consumption and environmental footprint
- 5.3. PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.4. BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.5. THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.6. THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.7. BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.8. INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
6. BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT MARKET, BY PROCESS
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. AEROBIC
- 6.2.1. WIDE APPLICATION AREAS, LOW CAPITAL COST, AND EFFICIENCY IS DRIVING THE AEROBIC SEGMENT
- 6.3. ANAEROBIC
- 6.3.1. LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND OPERATIONAL AND MAINTENANCE COSTS ARE EXPECTED TO DRIVE THE ANAEROBIC SEGMENT
7. BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT MARKET, BY END-USE INDUSTRY
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. MUNICIPAL
- 7.2.1. MAJORITY OF THE MUNICIPAL WASTEWATER IS TREATED USING CHEMICAL OXIDATION, DUE TO THE HIGH CHEMICAL OXYGEN DEMAND (COD)
- 7.3. INDUSTRIAL
- 7.3.1. CONTAMINANTS OR EFFLUENTS GENERATED IN INDUSTRIES ARE HIGHLY CONCENTRATED
- 7.4. PULP & PAPER
- 7.4.1. WASTEWATER GENERATED FROM PROCESSING OF PULP & PAPER HAS HIGH CONCENTRATION OF SUSPENDED AND DISSOLVED SOLIDS
- 7.5. MEAT & POULTRY
- 7.5.1. WASTEWATER GENERATED FROM THE MEAT & POULTRY INDUSTRY CONSISTS OF TOTAL DISSOLVED SOLIDS (TSS), FAT, OIL, AND GREASE
- 7.6. CHEMICALS
- 7.6.1. BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT EQUIPMENT ARE USED IN CHEMICALS INDUSTRY TO TREAT PRODUCED AND DISCHARGED WASTEWATER
- 7.7. PHARMACEUTICALS
- 7.7.1. PHARMACEUTICALS WASTEWATER CONTAINS HIGH CONCENTRATION OF ORGANIC MATTER, HIGH SALT, AND OTHER SUSPENDED AND DISSOLVED SOLIDS
- 7.8. OTHERS
- 7.8.1. WASTEWATER GENERATED FROM OTHER INDUSTRIES IS HIGHLY CONCENTRATED
8. BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT MARKET, BY REGION
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 8.2.1. US
- 22.214.171.124. Presence of large manufacturers and rapidly growing meat & poultry industry are driving the market in the US
- 8.2.2. CANADA
- 126.96.36.199. Growing capital expenditure and development in manufacturing industries are responsible for the growth of the market
- 8.2.3. MEXICO
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing foreign investment in the pulp & paper industry is expected to drive the growth of the market
- 8.3. EUROPE
- 8.3.1. GERMANY
- 184.108.40.206. Stringent regulations on the disposal of wastewater is driving the market in Germany
- 8.3.2. FRANCE
- 220.127.116.11. Aging infrastructure and stringent regulations are expected to drive the market in the country
- 8.3.3. UK
- 18.104.22.168. Technological advancement and stringent regulations are contributing to the market growth in the UK
- 8.3.4. RUSSIA
- 22.214.171.124. Government support for the growth of the paper and plastic industries is contributing to the market growth
- 8.3.5. ITALY
- 126.96.36.199. The biological wastewater treatment market in Italy is driven by the growth of pulp & paper industry
- 8.3.6. SPAIN
- 188.8.131.52. Water shortage and stringent regulations are expected to drive the growth of the market
- 8.3.7. REST OF EUROPE
- 184.108.40.206. Growth of industries including paper and plastics is fueling the biological wastewater treatment market in this region
- 8.4. ASIA PACIFIC
- 8.4.1. JAPAN
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing demand for paper and stringent regulations are driving the market in Japan
- 8.4.2. CHINA
- 18.104.22.168. Growth of pulp & paper industry is driving the BWWT market in China
- 8.4.3. INDIA
- 22.214.171.124. Investments in the manufacturing industries are expected to drive the growth of the market
- 8.4.4. SOUTH KOREA
- 126.96.36.199. Stringent regulations and industrialization are expected to boost the biological wastewater treatment market in South Korea
- 8.4.5. AUSTRALIA
- 188.8.131.52. Stringent regulations are driving the biological wastewater treatment market in Australia
- 8.4.6. REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 184.108.40.206. Government investments in various manufacturing industries and stringent regulations are driving the market in Rest of APAC
- 8.5. SOUTH AMERICA
- 8.5.1. BRAZIL
- 220.127.116.11. Stringent regulations and growing pulp & paper industry are major drivers of the market in Brazil
- 8.5.2. ARGENTINA
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing production of paper and stringent regulations are expected to drive the growth of the market in Argentina
- 8.5.3. REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
- 22.214.171.124. Stringent regulations and water scarcity are major drivers of the market in this region
- 8.6. MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.6.1. SAUDI ARABIA
- 126.96.36.199. Growth of pulp & paper industry is driving the market in Saudi Arabia
- 8.6.2. UAE
- 188.8.131.52. Water scarcity and growth of pulp & paper industry are major factors responsible for the growth of this market
- 8.6.3. SOUTH AFRICA
- 184.108.40.206. Investment in water infrastructure is expected to drive the market in South Africa
- 8.6.4. REST OF MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 220.127.116.11. Industrialization and rising population are expected to drive the growth of the market
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.1.1. VISIONARIES
- 9.1.2. INNOVATORS
- 9.1.3. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 9.1.4. EMERGING COMPANIES
- 9.2. STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 9.3. BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE
- 9.4. MARKET SHARE OF KEY PLAYERS IN THE BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT MARKET, 2019
10. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, Winning Imperatives, Current Focus And Strategies, Threat from Competition, Right To Win)*
- 10.1. VEOLIA
- 10.2. SUEZ WATER TECHNOLOGIES & SOLUTIONS
- 10.3. EVOQUA WATER TECHNOLOGIES LLC
- 10.4. AQUATECH INTERNATIONAL
- 10.5. XYLEM INC.
- 10.6. CONDORCHEM ENVITECH, S.L.
- 10.7. ECOLAB INC.
- 10.8. PENTAIR PLC
- 10.9. SAMCO TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 10.10. DAS ENVIRONMENTAL EXPERT GMBH
- 10.11. OTHER KEY PLAYERS
- 10.11.1. MICROVI BIOTECH, INC.
- 10.11.2. ORGANICA WATER, INC.
- 10.11.3. DRYDEN AQUA LTD.
- 10.11.4. WASTEWATER COMPLIANCE SYSTEMS, INC. (WCS)
- 10.11.5. BIOKUBE
- 10.11.6. AQWISE
- 10.11.7. BISHOP WATER TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- 10.11.8. BIOGILL
- 10.11.9. BLUETECTOR AG
- 10.11.10. HUBER SE
- 10.11.11. ENTEX TECHNOLOGIES
- 10.11.12. TOMORROW WATER
- 10.11.13. RF WASTEWATER
- 10.11.14. BLUEWATER BIO LIMITED
- 10.11.15. BIOSHAFT WATER TECHNOLOGY, INC.
*Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, Winning Imperatives, Current Focus And Strategies, Threat from Competition, Right To Win might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 11.1. INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 11.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 11.3. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 11.4. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 11.5. RELATED REPORTS
- 11.6. AUTHOR DETAILS