Product Code: AST 5018
"The particle counters market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.0% during the forecast period (2019-2024)."
The particle counters market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.0% during the forecast period, to reach USD 580 million by 2024 from USD 340 million in 2019. The growth in this market is driven by the robust growth in applied markets, the favorable regulatory scenario, and growing focus on the quality of food products. In addition, emerging economies (such as Brazil, Russia, India, South Korea, and China) are expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities for market players. However, the high cost and technical limitations of particle counters are adversely impacting the growth of this market.
"The portable particle counters segment accounted for the larger share of the airborne particle counters market, by type, in 2018"
On the basis of type, the market is segmented into portable particle counters, handheld particle counters, remote particle counters, and condensation particle counters. The portable particle counters segment is estimated to command the largest share of the airborne particle counters market in 2018; it is also expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The advantages associated with portable particle counters, such as high sensitivity and flow rate, are driving the demand for portable particle counters.
"By type, the online/inline particle counters segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018"
Liquid particle counters are further segmented into online/inline particle counters and offline particle counters. Online/inline particle counters commanded the largest share of the liquid particle counters market in 2018; this segment is also expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the advantages associated with these devices, such as online sampling and continuous condition monitoring. Furthermore, growth in the pharmaceutical and semiconductor industries, which require continuous monitoring of fluids, is also expected to support growth in this market segment.
"By end user, the life sciences & medical device industry segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018"
On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into the life sciences & medical device industry, semiconductor industry, automotive industry, aerospace industry, food & beverage industry, and other end users. In 2018, the life sciences & medical device industry segment accounted for the largest share of the particle counters market. Market growth is largely driven by the growing volume of compounds to be detected for the presence of impurities in pharmaceutical samples, increasing production of pharmaceutical formulations, stringent safety regulations, and increased R&D expenditure. The increase in pharmaceutical manufacturing outsourcing from the Asian region and the establishment of new manufacturing facilities by global pharmaceutical giants in newer geographies are also propelling the demand for particle counters in this end-user segment.
"The market in the APAC region is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period."
The particle counters market in the APAC is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the tremendous growth in the pharmaceutical, food & beverage testing, and medical device industries; increasing R&D funding; growing number of CROs; favorable government initiatives to promote the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries; and growing concerns about environmental monitoring & food safety.
A breakdown of the primary participants referred to for this report is provided below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 21%, Tier 2: 26%, and Tier 3: 53%
- By Designation: C-level: 32%, Director-level: 26%, and Others: 42%
- By Region: North America: 35%, Europe: 30%, Asia Pacific: 15%, Latin America: 10%, and the Middle East & Africa: 10%
The prominent players in the particle counters market are: Particle Measuring Systems (US), Beckman Coulter (US), RION Co., Ltd. (Japan), Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions (US), TSI (US), Climet Instruments Company (US), Met One Instruments, Inc. (US), Particle Plus (US), Setra Systems (US), PAMAS (Germany), Chemtrac (US), Hal Technology (US), Konamax (US), Veltek Associates (US), PCE Instruments (UK), GrayWolf Sensing Solutions (US), Extech Instruments (US), Palas GmbH (Germany), HYDAC International (Australia), and Fluke Corporation (US).
The report analyzes the particle counters market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the market and the different application segments, such as cleanroom monitoring, indoor air quality monitoring, contamination monitoring of liquids, drinking water contamination monitoring, aerosol monitoring & research, chemical contamination monitoring, and other applications. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in this market, along with their company profiles, product offerings, and recent developments.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which, in turn, would help them to garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one, or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market presence.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the particle counters market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, R&D activities, and product launches in the particle counter market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on lucrative emerging regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, and recent developments in the global particle counters market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, revenue analysis, and products of the leading players in the particle counters market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 LIMITATIONS
- 1.6 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH APPROACH
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY RESEARCH
- 188.8.131.52 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY RESEARCH
- 184.108.40.206 Key data from primary sources
- 220.127.116.11 Breakdown of primaries
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 DATA TRIANGULATION APPROACH
- 2.4 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- 2.5 ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
- 2.6 RESEARCH LIMITATIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 PARTICLE COUNTERS MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2 NORTH AMERICA: PARTICLE COUNTERS MARKET, BY TYPE, 2018
- 4.3 GEOGRAPHICAL SNAPSHOT OF THE PARTICLE COUNTERS MARKET
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 18.104.22.168 Robust growth in applied markets
- 22.214.171.124.1 Pharmaceutical & biotechnology industries
- 126.96.36.199.2 Semiconductor & automotive industries
- 188.8.131.52.3 Medical device industry
- 184.108.40.206 Favorable regulatory scenario
- 220.127.116.11.1 Supportive government regulations for effective air pollution monitoring and control
- 18.104.22.168.2 Regulations and standards for cleanrooms and manufacturing
- 22.214.171.124 Growing focus on the quality of food products
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 126.96.36.199 High cost of particle counters
- 188.8.131.52 Technical limitations of particle counters
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
6 PARTICLE COUNTERS MARKET, BY TYPE
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 AIRBORNE PARTICLE COUNTERS
- 6.2.1 PORTABLE PARTICLE COUNTERS
- 184.108.40.206 Widespread adoption of portable air particle counters is expected to drive the market
- 6.2.2 REMOTE PARTICLE COUNTERS
- 220.127.116.11 Low cost of remote particle counters in comparison to handheld and portable counters is a key driver
- 6.2.3 HANDHELD PARTICLE COUNTERS
- 18.104.22.168 Rising awareness of indoor air quality monitoring will drive market growth
- 6.2.4 CONDENSATION/ULTRAFINE PARTICLE COUNTERS
- 22.214.171.124 High costs limiting the adoption of condensation/ultrafine particle counters
- 6.3 LIQUID PARTICLE COUNTERS
- 6.3.1 ONLINE/INLINE LIQUID PARTICLE COUNTERS
- 126.96.36.199 Growth in the pharmaceutical & semiconductor industries is likely to drive market growth
- 6.3.2 OFFLINE LIQUID PARTICLE COUNTERS
- 188.8.131.52 Disadvantages of offline liquid particle counters to restrain market growth
7 PARTICLE COUNTERS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 CLEANROOM MONITORING
- 7.2.1 CLEANROOM MONITORING HELD THE LARGEST MARKET SHARE IN 2018
- 7.3 CONTAMINATION MONITORING OF LIQUIDS
- 7.3.1 RISING ACTIVITY IN END-USE INDUSTRIES WILL ENSURE THE GROWTH OF THIS APPLICATION SEGMENT
- 7.4 INDOOR AIR QUALITY MONITORING
- 7.4.1 INCREASING MEASURES TO REDUCE INDOOR AIR POLLUTION ARE LIKELY TO DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
- 7.5 AEROSOL MONITORING AND RESEARCH
- 7.5.1 INCREASING RESEARCH ON AEROSOLS AND GROWING POLLUTION LEVELS HAVE SUPPORTED THE ADOPTION OF PARTICLE COUNTERS IN THIS SEGMENT
- 7.6 CHEMICAL CONTAMINATION MONITORING
- 7.6.1 NEED FOR HIGH-PURITY CHEMICALS IN SEMICONDUCTOR AND ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING IS DRIVING MARKET GROWTH
- 7.7 DRINKING WATER CONTAMINATION MONITORING
- 7.7.1 FAVORABLE INITIATIVES AND THE GROWING NEED FOR CHECKING WATER CONTAMINATION ARE LIKELY TO SUPPORT MARKET GROWTH
- 7.8 OTHER APPLICATIONS
8 PARTICLE COUNTERS MARKET, BY END USER
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 LIFE SCIENCES & MEDICAL DEVICE INDUSTRY
- 8.2.1 NEED TO MAINTAIN REGULATORY COMPLIANCE AND ENSURE PRODUCT QUALITY HAVE DRIVEN RELIANCE ON PARTICLE COUNTERS IN THIS INDUSTRY
- 8.3 SEMICONDUCTOR INDUSTRY
- 8.3.1 TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS IN SEMICONDUCTORS WILL DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
- 8.4 AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
- 8.4.1 ENFORCEMENT OF STRINGENT CLEANLINESS REGULATIONS FOR AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING IS FUELING THE DEMAND FOR PARTICLE COUNTERS
- 8.5 AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
- 8.5.1 GROWTH IN THE AEROSPACE INDUSTRY TO SUPPORT MARKET GROWTH
- 8.6 FOOD & BEVERAGE INDUSTRY
- 8.6.1 GROWING FOOD SAFETY CONCERNS WILL SUPPORT MARKET GROWTH
- 8.7 OTHER END USERS
9 PARTICLE COUNTERS MARKET, BY REGION
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 9.2.1 US
- 184.108.40.206 The US dominates the North American particle counters market
- 9.2.2 CANADA
- 220.127.116.11 Stringent guidelines for pharmaceuticals and food products to drive the demand for particle counters in Canada
- 9.3 EUROPE
- 9.3.1 GERMANY
- 18.104.22.168 Germany is the largest market for particle counters in Europe
- 9.3.2 UK
- 22.214.171.124 Amendments of policies and regulations for contamination control to support market growth in the UK
- 9.3.3 FRANCE
- 126.96.36.199 Growth in the applied markets to drive the market for particle counters in France
- 9.3.4 ITALY
- 188.8.131.52 High volume of exports and stringent regulations are expected to drive the adoption of particle counters in Italy
- 9.3.5 SPAIN
- 184.108.40.206 Spain is one of the major producers of pharmaceutical and biological products in Europe
- 9.3.6 REST OF EUROPE
- 9.4 ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.4.1 CHINA
- 220.127.116.11 Stringent regulations on high-pollution sectors-a key factor driving market growth
- 9.4.2 JAPAN
- 18.104.22.168 Growing food safety concerns to drive the adoption of particle counters in Japan
- 9.4.3 INDIA
- 22.214.171.124 Growth in the manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries are supporting market growth in India
- 9.4.4 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.5 REST OF THE WORLD
- 9.5.1 LATIN AMERICA
- 126.96.36.199 Growing biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries to support market growth in Latin America
- 9.5.2 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 188.8.131.52 Increasing R&D in the pharmaceutical sector-a key driver for market growth
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS (2018)
- 10.3 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 10.3.1 VISIONARY LEADERS
- 10.3.2 INNOVATORS
- 10.3.3 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 10.3.4 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 10.4 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
11 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 11.1 PARTICLE MEASURING SYSTEMS, INC. (A SPECTRIS COMPANY)
- 11.2 BECKMAN COULTER (A DANAHER CORPORATION COMPANY)
- 11.3 RION CO., LTD.
- 11.4 LIGHTHOUSE WORLDWIDE SOLUTIONS, INC.
- 11.5 TSI INCORPORATED
- 11.6 CLIMET INSTRUMENTS COMPANY
- 11.7 KANOMAX USA, INC.
- 11.8 MET ONE INSTRUMENTS, INC.
- 11.9 PARTICLE PLUS, INC.
- 11.10 SETRA SYSTEMS
- 11.11 PAMAS
- 11.12 CHEMTRAC, INC.
- 11.13 HAL TECHNOLOGY
- 11.14 VELTEK ASSOCIATES, INC.
- 11.15 PCE INSTRUMENTS UK LTD.
- 11.16 OTHER COMPANIES
- 11.16.1 GRAYWOLF SENSING SOLUTIONS
- 11.16.2 EXTECH INSTRUMENTS
- 11.16.3 PALAS GMBH
- 11.16.4 HYDAC INTERNATIONAL
- 11.16.5 FLUKE CORPORATION
Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE: PARTICLE COUNTERS MARKET
- 12.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 12.5 AUTHOR DETAILS