Product Code: SE 7446
"Die bonder equipment market is projected to grow at CAGR of 3.5% from 2019 to 2024"
The global die bonder equipment market size is projected to grow from USD 820 million in 2019 to USD 972 million by 2024, at a CAGR of 3.5% from 2019 to 2024. Key factors fueling the growth of this market include the growing demand for miniature electronic components and the increasing adoption of stacked die technology in IoT devices.
"Market for fully automatic die bonders is projected to grow at highest CAGR during forecast period"
Among different types, fully automatic die bonders are projected to lead the market from 2019 to 2024. Fully automatic die bonders can work on different modules, such as wire bonding, wedge bonding, flip chip bonding, and die bonding. Fully automatic die bonders are required for the assembly and packaging of the high volume of consumer products. In addition, fully automatic die bonder equipment provide micron-level placement accuracy, ranging from ± 1.5μm to ± 0.5μm, necessary for the fabrication of electronic components used in medical devices, automobile systems, and consumer electronics, which is expected to propel the market growth in the near future.
" Market for eutectic bonding technique is projected to grow at highest CAGR during 2019-2024"
Among bonding techniques, the eutectic bonding technique is projected to witness the highest CAGR in the die bonder equipment market from 2019 to 2024. This technique requires higher operating temperature during the bonding process, and the bond created is not only robust but can also remain intact even in harsh environments. Semiconductor components fabricated using the eutectic bonding technique are suitable for products that are used in automotive, telecommunications, and industrial applications due to their robustness, which is expected to contribute significantly to the growth of the market for the eutectic bonding technique in the near future.
"Consumer electronics application accounted for largest market share in 2018"
Among applications, the consumer electronics segment is projected to lead the die bonder equipment market from 2019 to 2024. The largest market size is due to the high demand for miniaturized consumer electronic products such as smartphones, wearables, and white goods that provide advantages such as compactness and durability. These miniaturized products make use of several devices, such as optoelectronics, MEMS, and MOEMS. All these devices require die bonding equipment in the assembly process of these components.
"Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to hold largest share of die bonder equipment market in 2024"
APAC is expected to hold the largest share of the die bonder equipment industry in 2024. More than 60% of OSAT players present across the world have their headquarters in the APAC region. These OSAT companies use die bonding equipment in the semiconductor fabrication process. Additionally, an increasing number of IDMs in the region is expected to boost the die bonder equipment market growth in the near future. Similarly, the mass production of electronic products, such as smartphones, wearables, and white goods, in China and Taiwan is also expected to accelerate market growth in APAC.
Breakdown of Profiles of Primary Participants:
- By Company: Tier 1 = 45%, Tier 2 = 35%, and Tier 3 = 20%
- By Designation: C-level Executives = 35%, Managers = 43%, and Others (Managers, Scientists, and University Researchers) = 22%
- By Region: APAC = 38%, Americas = 37%, and EMEA = 25%
Major players profiled in this report:
- BE Semiconductor Industries N.V.
- ASM Pacific Technology Ltd.
- Kulicke & Soffa
- Mycronic AB
- Palomar Technologies, Inc.
- West*Bond, Inc.
- MicroAssembly Technologies, Ltd.
- Finetech GmbH & Co. KG
- Dr. Tresky AG
- Smart Equipment Technology
This report offers detailed insights into the die bonder equipment market based on type, bonding technique, supply chain participant, device, application, and region. Based on type, the die bonder equipment industry has been segmented into manual, semiautomatic, and fully automatic die bonders. Based on bonding technique, the market has been divided into epoxy, eutectic, soft solder, and other bonding techniques. Based on supply chain participant, the die bonder equipment market has been classified into IDM firms and OSAT companies. Based on device, the market has been divided into optoelectronics, MEMS and MOEMS, and power devices. Based on application, the die bonder equipment market has been classified into consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, telecommunications, healthcare, and aerospace & defense. The market has been studied for Asia Pacific (APAC), the Americas; and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the die bonder equipment market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall size of the market, as well as its segments and subsegments.
- 2. The report is expected to help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information about key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- 3. This report aims at helping stakeholders in obtaining an improved understanding of their competitors and gaining insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem of the market, as well as growth strategies such as product launches, expansions, agreements, partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions adopted by major market players.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 STUDY OBJECTIVES
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION AND SCOPE
- 1.2.1 INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- 1.3 SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2 YEARS CONSIDERED
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 LIMITATIONS
- 1.6 MARKET STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 220.127.116.11 Secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 18.104.22.168 Breakdown of primary interviews
- 22.214.171.124 Key data from primary sources
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 126.96.36.199 Approach for capturing market size by bottom-up analysis (demand side)
- 2.2.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 188.8.131.52 Approach for capturing market share by top-down analysis (supply side)
- 2.3 MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES IN DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET
- 4.2 DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY COUNTRY
- 4.3 DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY BONDING TECHNIQUE
- 4.4 DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY APPLICATION AND REGION
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 184.108.40.206 Growing demand for miniature electronic components
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing adoption of stacked die technology in IoT devices
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 18.104.22.168 High cost of ownership
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 22.214.171.124 Increasing demand for 3D semiconductor assembly and packaging
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 126.96.36.199 Mechanical unbalance of moving parts
- 5.3 VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
- 5.3.1 DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT VALUE CHAIN
6 DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY TYPE
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 MANUAL DIE BONDERS
- 6.2.1 MANUAL DIE BONDERS PLAY SIGNIFICANT ROLE IN R&D, TESTING, AND PROTOTYPING APPLICATIONS
- 6.3 SEMIAUTOMATIC DIE BONDERS
- 6.3.1 SEMIAUTOMATIC DIE BONDERS ARE EASY TO USE AND FLEXIBLE
- 6.4 FULLY AUTOMATIC DIE BONDERS
- 6.4.1 FULLY AUTOMATIC DIE BONDERS TO CONTINUE TO REGISTER HIGHEST CAGR AND LARGEST MARKET SIZE DURING 2019-2024
7 DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY BONDING TECHNIQUE
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 EPOXY
- 7.2.1 EPOXY BONDING TO ACCOUNT FOR LARGEST SHARE OF DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET DUE TO LOW COST AND LOW CURING TEMPERATURE
- 7.3 EUTECTIC
- 7.3.1 DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET FOR EUTECTIC BONDING TECHNIQUE TO GROW AT HIGHEST CAGR DURING FORECAST PERIOD
- 7.4 SOFT SOLDER
- 7.4.1 SOFT SOLDER BOIDNG PLAYS SIGNIFICANT ROLE IN FABRICATION OF POWER DEVICES
- 7.5 OTHERS
- 7.5.1 ASSEMBLY OF TEMPERATURE-RESTRICTED PRODUCTS FUEL GROWTH OF MARKET FOR OTHER BONDING TECHNIQUES
8 DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY SUPPLY CHAIN PARTICIPANT
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 OSAT COMPANIES
- 8.2.1 OSAT COMPANIES TO PLAY SIGNIFICANT ROLE OWING TO CHALLENGES FACED BY FOUNDRIES RELATED TO ASSEMBLY AND PACKAGING
- 8.3 IDM FIRMS
- 8.3.1 IDM FIRMS TO CONTINUE TO LEAD DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET OWING TO THEIR ABILITY TO PROGRESS RAPIDLY WITH INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES DURING FORECAST PERIOD
9 DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY DEVICE
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 OPTOELECTRONICS
- 9.2.1 OPTOELECTRONICS TO CONTINUE TO ACCOUNT FOR LARGEST SHARE OF DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET DURING FORECAST PERIOD
- 9.3 MEMS AND MOEMS
- 9.3.1 AUTOMOTIVE, CONSUMER ELECTRONICS, HEALTHCARE, AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS SECTORS CONTRIBUTE MOST TO HIGHEST CAGR OF MEMS AND MOEMS DEVICES IN COMING YEARS
- 9.4 POWER DEVICES
- 9.4.1 DIE ATTACH PACKAGING METHODOLOGY ENABLES POWER DEVICES TO WITHSTAND EXTREME OPERATING CONDITIONS
10 DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
- 10.2.1 INCREASING ADOPTION OF MINIATURIZED AND LIGHTWEIGHT ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS ACCELERATES DEMAND FOR DIE BONDERS
- 10.3 AUTOMOTIVE
- 10.3.1 RISING USE OF MEMS TO ENSURE IMPROVED PASSENGER SAFETY WOULD SPUR DEMAND FOR DIE BONDERS IN AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONS
- 10.4 INDUSTRIAL
- 10.4.1 GROWING IMPLEMENTATION OF INDUSTRIAL IOT TO DRIVE GROWTH OF DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET FOR INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
- 10.5 TELECOMMUNICATIONS
- 10.5.1 RISING DEPLOYMENT OF 5G NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE CONTRIBUTING TO GROWTH OF DIE BONDER EQUIPMENT MARKET FOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS APPLICATIONS
- 10.6 HEALTHCARE
- 10.6.1 SURGING DEMAND FOR NANO-SIZED AND LIGHTWEIGHT HEALTHCARE GADGETS AUGMENTS ADOPTION OF DIE BONDERS IN HEALTHCARE APPLICATIONS
- 10.7 AEROSPACE & DEFENSE
- 10.7.1 INCREASING DEMAND FOR ROBUST COMPONENTS BOOSTING DIE BONDER MARKET GROWTH FOR AEROSPACE & DEFENSE APPLICATIONS
11 GEOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS
- 11.1 INTRODUCTION
- 11.2 APAC
- 11.2.1 TAIWAN
- 188.8.131.52 Presence of many key OSAT companies drives market growth in Taiwan
- 11.2.2 CHINA
- 184.108.40.206 Growing trend of miniaturization in consumer electronic products spurs growth of market in China
- 11.2.3 JAPAN
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing demand for passenger cars and commercial vehicles and expanding presence of market players in country fuels growth of die bonder equipment market in Japan
- 11.2.4 SOUTH KOREA
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea to continue to account for largest size of market in APAC during 2019-2024
- 11.2.5 REST OF APAC
- 22.214.171.124 Strong presence of die bonder equipment manufactures accelerates market growth in Rest of APAC
- 11.3 AMERICAS
- 11.3.1 US
- 126.96.36.199 US to continue to lead die bonder equipment market in Americas during 2019-2024
- 11.3.2 CANADA
- 188.8.131.52 Government initiatives toward developing electric vehicle infrastructure to create growth opportunities for die bonder equipment market in near future
- 11.3.3 REST OF AMERICAS
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing demand for IoT and 5G surging demand for die bonding equipment in Rest of Americas
- 11.4 EMEA
- 11.4.1 GERMANY
- 220.127.116.11 Adoption of smart homes and connected cars to spur demand in Germany
- 11.4.2 UK
- 18.104.22.168 Deployment of 5G infrastructure fueling market growth in UK
- 11.4.3 ISRAEL
- 22.214.171.124 Presence of fabrication plants of IDM companies including Intel and Tower Jazz to boost market growth in Israel
- 11.4.4 FRANCE
- 126.96.36.199 Developed communication network has prompted market growth in France
- 11.4.5 REST OF EMEA
- 188.8.131.52 Initiatives of die bonder equipment manufacturers to propel market growth in Rest of EMEA
12 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 12.1 INTRODUCTION
- 12.2 MARKET RANKING ANALYSIS, 2018
- 12.3 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 12.3.1 PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 12.3.2 PARTNERSHIPS, COLLABORATIONS, CONTRACTS AND AGREEMENTS
- 12.3.3 ACQUISITIONS
- 12.3.4 EXPANSIONS
- 12.4 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 12.4.1 VISIONARY LEADERS
- 12.4.2 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 12.4.3 INNOVATORS
- 12.4.4 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 12.5 STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 12.6 BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE
13 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business overview, Products offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MNM view)*
- 13.1.1 BE SEMICONDUCTOR INDUSTRIES N.V.
- 13.1.2 ASM PACIFIC TECHNOLOGY LTD.
- 13.1.3 KULICKE & SOFFA
- 13.1.4 MYCRONIC AB
- 13.1.5 PALOMAR TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 13.1.6 WEST*BOND, INC.
- 13.1.7 MICROASSEMBLY TECHNOLOGIES, LTD.
- 13.1.8 FINETECH GMBH & CO. KG
- 13.1.9 DR. TRESKY AG
- 13.1.10 SMART EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY
- 13.2 RIGHT TO WIN
- 13.3 OTHER KEY PLAYERS
- 13.3.1 HYBOND, INC.
- 13.3.2 SHIBUYA CORPORATION
- 13.3.3 ANZA TECHNOLOGY, INC.
- 13.3.4 PAROTEQ GMBH
- 13.3.5 TRESKY GMBH
- 13.3.6 DIAS AUTOMATION (HK) LTD
- 13.3.7 SHINKAWA LTD.
- 13.3.8 FOUR TECHNOS CO., LTD.
- 13.3.9 FASFORD TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
- 13.3.10 UNITEMP GMBH
- 13.3.11 TPT WIRE BONDER GMBH & CO. KG
Details on Business overview, Products offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MNM view might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 14.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 14.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 14.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 14.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 14.5 AUTHOR DETAILS