Product Code: AST 7417
Rising demand for ATP assays in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
The global ATP assays market is projected to reach USD 315 million by 2024 from USD 191 million in 2019, at a CAGR of 10.5%. Growth in this market is majorly driven by the increasing demand for ATP assays in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, rising investments in pharmaceutical and biotechnology R&D, increasing prevalence of cancer and other chronic and infectious diseases, and shift from culture-based tests to rapid tests.
The consumables & accessories segment will register the highest growth in the market, by product
Based on product, the market is segmented into consumables & accessories and instruments. The consumables & accessories segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR in the ATP assays market during the forecast period. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the high usage of ATP assays for microbial contamination testing and the growing applications of ATP assays in different industries like food & beverage and agriculture. Their high usage and the need for repeat purchases equate to a larger market share and higher growth rate.
Contamination testing is the largest application segment of the ATP assays industry
Based on application, the market is segmented into contamination testing, disease testing, and drug discovery & development. In 2018, the contamination testing segment accounted for the largest share of the ATP assays market. This is attributed to the high frequency of contamination testing protocols carried out by pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, the food & beverage industry, and hospitals & diagnostic laboratories, among other end users.
North America will continue to dominate the ATP assays market during the forecast period
By region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. In 2018, North America accounted for the largest share of the ATP assays market. The large share of North America can be attributed to the rising incidence and prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases, rising demand for cell-based assays in research, increasing focus on cell-based therapeutics, favorable government support for research, and the presence of high-quality infrastructure for clinical & laboratory research in the region.
The breakup of primary participants is as mentioned below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 50%; Tier 2: 10%; and Tier 3: 40%
- By Designation: C-level: 35%; Director-level: 25%; and Others: 40%
- By Region: North America: 40%; Europe: 20%; Asia Pacific: 25%; Latin America: 10%; and the Middle East & Africa: 5%
The prominent players in the global ATP assays market are: Merck KGaA (Germany), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (US), PerkinElmer, Inc. (US), Lonza Group (Switzerland), Promega Corporation (US), Agilent Technologies, Inc. (US), Abcam plc. (UK), Danaher Corporation (US), Hygiena, LLC. (US), BioThema AB (Sweden), Abnova Corporation (Taiwan), AAT Bioquest (US), PromoCell GmbH (Germany), BioVision, Inc. (US), Geno Technology, Inc. (US), Biotium (US), Canvax Biotech S.L. (Spain), Creative Bioarray (US), Elabscience (US) and MBL International Corporation (US).
The report analyzes the ATP assays market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market based on various segments such as product, application, end user, and region. The report also provides a competitive analysis of the key players in this market, along with their company profiles, product offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which, in turn, would help them garner a greater share of the market. Firms purchasing the report could use one or a combination of the below-mentioned strategies to strengthen their positions in the market.
This report provides insights into:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the ATP assays market. The report analyzes this market by product, application, end user, and region.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets by product, application, end user, and region.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about products, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the ATP assays market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, product offerings, and capabilities of leading players in the ATP assays market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 MARKET SCOPE
- 1.4 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.5 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.6 CURRENCY
- 1.7 STAKEHOLDERS
- 1.8 LIMITATIONS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH APPROACH
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY RESEARCH
- 22.214.171.124 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY RESEARCH
- 126.96.36.199 Key data from primary sources
- 188.8.131.52 Breakdown of primaries
- 184.108.40.206 Key industry insights
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.3 DATA TRIANGULATION APPROACH
- 2.4 MARKET RANKING ANALYSIS
- 2.5 ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATP ASSAYS: MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2 ATP ASSAYS MARKET: GEOGRAPHIC GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- 4.3 REGIONAL MIX: ATP ASSAYS MARKET
- 4.4 ATP ASSAYS MARKET: DEVELOPED VS. DEVELOPING MARKETS
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 220.127.116.11 Growing demand for ATP assays in pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies
- 18.104.22.168 Rising investments in pharmaceutical & biotechnology R&D
- 22.214.171.124 Increasing prevalence of cancer
- 126.96.36.199 Shift from culture-based tests to rapid tests
- 188.8.131.52 Rising incidence and prevalence of chronic & infectious diseases
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 184.108.40.206 High cost of instruments
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 220.127.116.11 Technology enhancements in ATP assay probes
- 18.104.22.168 Growth prospects in emerging markets
6 ATP ASSAYS MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 CONSUMABLES & ACCESSORIES
- 6.2.1 REAGENTS & KITS
- 22.214.171.124 Wide applications of reagents & kits account for the large share of this segment
- 6.2.2 MICROPLATES
- 126.96.36.199 As miniaturization of microplates provides high utility over gel-based well systems, their adoption is high in the analytical and life science industry
- 6.2.3 OTHER CONSUMABLES & ACCESSORIES
- 6.3 INSTRUMENTS
- 6.3.1 LUMINOMETERS
- 188.8.131.52 Luminometers are comparatively low-priced and therefore widely adopted
- 6.3.2 SPECTROPHOTOMETERS
- 184.108.40.206 Spectrophotometers are costlier than luminometers and, therefore, less-preferred by end users in the ATP assays market
7 ATP ASSAYS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 CONTAMINATION TESTING
- 7.2.1 NEED TO MEET REGULATORY MANDATES FOR CONTAMINATION AND QUALITY TESTING IS A KEY DRIVER OF MARKET GROWTH
- 7.3 DISEASE TESTING
- 7.3.1 GROWING DISEASE INCIDENCE AND RISING AWARENESS ARE EXPECTED TO SUPPORT MARKET GROWTH DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD
- 7.4 DRUG DISCOVERY & DEVELOPMENT
- 7.4.1 INCREASING R&D PIPELINE FOR PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS WILL DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
8 ATP ASSAYS MARKET, BY END USER
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 PHARMACEUTICAL & BIOTECHNOLOGY COMPANIES
- 8.2.1 GROWTH IN DRUG R&D PIPELINES TO INCREASE THE FOCUS OF PHARMA & BIOTECH COMPANIES ON QUALITY CONTROL MEASURES-DRIVING GROWTH IN THE ATP ASSAYS MARKET
- 8.3 FOOD & BEVERAGE INDUSTRY
- 8.3.1 INCIDENTS OF FOOD CONTAMINATION HAVE LED TO THE INTRODUCTION OF NEW LEGISLATIONS FOR FOOD SAFETY TESTING, THEREBY DRIVING THE GROWTH OF THE ATP ASSAYS MARKET
- 8.4 HOSPITALS & DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES
- 8.4.1 GROWING DEMAND FOR EARLY DIAGNOSIS OF DISEASES IS A MAJOR FACTOR DRIVING THE ADOPTION OF ATP ASSAYS
- 8.5 ACADEMIC & RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS
- 8.5.1 ATP ASSAYS ARE USED FOR RESEARCH ACTIVITIES RELATED TO THE GROWTH RATE & VIABILITY OF MICROORGANISMS
9 ATP ASSAYS MARKET, BY REGION
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 9.2.1 US
- 220.127.116.11 US to dominate the North American ATP assays market
- 9.2.2 CANADA
- 18.104.22.168 Availability of a broad range of government funding programs to support life science research to drive market growth
- 9.3 EUROPE
- 9.3.1 GERMANY
- 22.214.171.124 Demand for ATP assays will be driven by the large-scale outsourcing of clinical diagnostic testing by hospitals to commercial service providers
- 9.3.2 FRANCE
- 126.96.36.199 Strong agro-food sector and a major focus on biotechnology R&D to drive market growth in France
- 9.3.3 UK
- 188.8.131.52 UK has the largest pharmaceutical R&D expenditure in Europe
- 9.3.4 ITALY
- 184.108.40.206 High cancer burden to increase the demand for ATP assays in Italy
- 9.3.5 SPAIN
- 220.127.116.11 Growth in the personalized medicine sector and clinical diagnostics market to drive the ATP assays market in Spain
- 9.3.6 REST OF EUROPE
- 9.4 ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.4.1 JAPAN
- 18.104.22.168 High incidence of cancer to increase the demand for ATP assays in Japan
- 9.4.2 CHINA
- 22.214.171.124 Increasing pharmaceutical R&D investments in the country to support market growth
- 9.4.3 INDIA
- 126.96.36.199 Growing adoption of ATP assay techniques in research and clinical applications to drive market growth in India
- 9.4.4 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.5 LATIN AMERICA
- 9.6 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 MARKET RANKING FOR KEY PLAYERS IN THE ATP ASSAYS MARKET
- 10.3 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 10.3.1 VISIONARY LEADERS
- 10.3.2 INNOVATORS
- 10.3.3 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 10.3.4 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 10.4 COMPETITIVE SITUATIONS AND TRENDS
- 10.5 COMPETITIVE ASSESSMENT OF R&D EXPENDITURE
- 10.6 PRODUCT PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS
11 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, and MnM View)*
- 11.1 THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC.
- 11.2 PROMEGA CORPORATION
- 11.3 MERCK KGAA
- 11.4 PERKINELMER, INC.
- 11.5 AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 11.6 ABCAM PLC.
- 11.7 LONZA GROUP
- 11.8 NEOGEN CORPORATION
- 11.9 3M COMPANY
- 11.10 DANAHER CORPORATION
- 11.11 PROMOCELL GMBH
- 11.12 GENO TECHNOLOGY, INC.
- 11.13 ABNOVA CORPORATION
- 11.14 AAT BIOQUEST, INC.
- 11.15 BIOTHEMA AB
- 11.16 BIOVISION, INC.
- 11.17 HYGIENA, LLC.
- 11.18 BIOTIUM
- 11.19 CREATIVE BIOARRAY
- 11.20 CANVAX BIOTECH S.L.
- 11.21 ELABSCIENCE
- 11.22 MBL INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION (A SUBSIDIARY OF JSR CORPORATION)
- 11.23 RUHOF CORPORATION
Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, and MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 12.5 AUTHOR DETAILS