Product Code: CH 7366
"The glyoxal market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.3%, in terms of value, between 2019 and 2024."
The glyoxal market size is projected to grow from USD 265 million in 2019 to USD 326 million by 2024, at a CAGR of 4.3%. The increasing demand for textiles owing to increase in urbanization, change in lifestyle, growing population, and increasing disposable incomes in emerging economies are the major drivers for the glyoxal industry. Another driving factor includes the novel application of glyoxal in packaging and chemical industry in terms of sustainable packaging and as an intermediate for the synthesis of a wide range of organic molecules. However, the fluctuations in the availability and prices of raw material such as ethylene, ethylene glycol, acetaldehyde, and others can hinder the growth of the market.
"Intermediate segment is expected to be the fastest-growing application of glyoxal, during the forecast period."
A chemical intermediate is a molecule that aids to derive other chemicals. The major advantage of glyoxal as an intermediate is its suitability to derive a wide range of chemicals, pharmaceutical products, and agrochemicals. Glyoxal is used for organic synthesis of a wide range of chemicals, such as glyoxylic acid, imidazole, and allantoin, among others. The growing middle-class population, increased consumption of pharmaceuticals as a result of the rising number of cases of non-communicable disease, and high use of fertilizers & pesticides to improve agricultural yield, together will drive the demand for glyoxal as an intermediate.
"Textile is estimated to be the largest end-use industry of glyoxal, during the forecast period."
Textile was the largest end-use industry for glyoxal in 2018. Glyoxal is used for crosslinking application in the textile industry to improve crease-resistance of clothing and apparels. The global textile market is dependent on economies, such as Mexico, Peru, China, and India, among others, that offer high quality of cotton, integrated value chain, and competitive labor cost. The demand for textiles is growing as a result of the increasing global population, improving organized retailing in emerging markets, and the availability of online ordering. These factors fuel the demand for glyoxal in the textile industry.
"APAC is projected to be the largest glyoxal market during the forecast period."
APAC was the most promising market for glyoxal in 2018, and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The growing population, increasing demand for textiles-based products, growth in apparel exports, value chain integration in the textile industry and competitive chemical industry in terms of raw material, labor cost and skilled labor are driving the Asia Pacific glyoxal market. Shifting demographics such as aging population, rising demand for agricultural products from growing population and industrialization are responsible for the high growth scenarios in the chemical, pharmaceutical, and agrochemical sectors, which in turn, drives the glyoxal market growth. In addition, rapid developments in the field of sustainable packaging necessitate the use of glyoxal as a biodegradable crosslinking agent for paper and other types of eco-friendly packaging.
The market sizes estimated in this study were validated through primary interviews conducted with various industry experts globally. These primary sources are divided into three categories:
- By Company Type: Tier I - 25%, Tier II - 50%, and Tier III - 25%
- By Designation:C Level - 20%, Director Level - 30%, and Others - 50%
- By Region: North America - 20%, Europe - 30%, APAC - 25%, South America - 25%, Middle East & Africa - 10%
The report profiles several leading players of the glyoxal market that include: BASF SE (Germany), Merck KGaA (Germany), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US), WeylChem International GmbH (Germany) and Haihang Group (China). The report also includes detailed information about various growth strategies adopted by these key players to strengthen their position in the market.
The objective of this study is to define, describe, and forecast the glyoxal market based on various segmentations and strategically analyze these market segments with respect to individual growth trends, growth prospects, and contribution to the overall growth. In this report, the glyoxal market has been segmented based on application, end-use industry, and region.
KEY BENEFITS OF BUYING THE REPORT:
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in the glyoxal market in the following ways:
- 1. This report comprehensively segments the glyoxal industry and provides the closest approximations for the sizes of different segments and subsegments of the market across different verticals and regions.
- 2. This report is expected to help stakeholders in obtaining an improved understanding of their competitors and gain insights about their businesses. The competitive landscape section includes detailed information about strategies such as merger & acquisition, and investment & expansion, which were undertaken by various key players to enhance their position in the glyoxal market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 1.3.2 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 UNIT CONSIDERED
- 1.6 STAKEHOLDERS
- 1.7 LIMITATIONS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 188.8.131.52 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206 Key data from primary sources
- 220.127.116.11 Key industry insights
- 18.104.22.168 Breakdown of primary interviews
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.3 DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.3.1 GLYOXAL MARKET ANALYSIS THROUGH PRIMARY INTERVIEWS
- 2.4 LIMITATIONS
- 2.5 ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE GLYOXAL MARKET
- 4.2 GLYOXAL MARKET SIZE, BY APPLICATION
- 4.3 GLYOXAL MARKET SIZE, BY END-USE INDUSTRY
- 4.4 GLYOXAL MARKET, BY MAJOR COUNTRIES
- 4.5 APAC GLYOXAL MARKET, BY APPLICATION AND COUNTRY, 2018
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 22.214.171.124 Rise in disposable income and changing lifestyle in emerging economies driving the demand for textiles
- 126.96.36.199 Increasing use of glyoxal as an intermediate in chemical, pharmaceutical, and agriculture industries
- 188.8.131.52 Growing use of glyoxal in manufacture of food & beverage packaging
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 184.108.40.206 Volatility in the price of raw material
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 220.127.116.11 Growth in global demand for sustainable packaging solutions such as bioplastics
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 18.104.22.168 Relative inefficiency in sulfide scavenging operations restricting
use of glyoxal 36
- 22.214.171.124 Harmful effects of overexposure to glyoxal as it is a class 3 mutagen
- 5.3 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.3.1 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.3.2 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.3.3 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.3.4 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.3.5 INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
6 GLYOXAL MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 CROSSLINKING
- 6.2.1 GROWTH OF TEXTILE INDUSTRY AUGMENTING THE DEMAND FOR GLYOXAL
- 6.3 INTERMEDIATES
- 6.3.1 APAC IS THE FASTEST-GROWING MARKET FOR GLYOXAL IN INTERMEDIATES APPLICATION
- 6.4 OTHERS
- 6.4.1 STRINGENT REGULATIONS REGARDING SULFIDE SCAVENGING TO FUEL
THE DEMAND FOR GLYOXAL 46
7 GLYOXAL MARKET, BY END-USE INDUSTRY
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 TEXTILE
- 7.2.1 GROWTH IN DISPOSABLE INCOME IN EMERGING ECONOMIES TO FUEL
THE DEMAND FOR GLYOXAL 50
- 7.3 DERIVATIVES
- 7.3.1 RISE IN USE OF GLYOXAL FOR ORGANIC SYNTHESIS TO DRIVE THE
MARKET IN DERIVATIVES SEGMENT 52
- 7.4 PAPER
- 7.4.1 GROWING DEMAND FOR SUSTAINABLE PACKAGING SOLUTIONS TO
DRIVE THE DEMAND FOR GLYOXAL 55
- 7.5 OIL & GAS
- 7.5.1 GROWING EXTRACTION OF OIL & GAS TO PROPEL THE DEMAND FOR GLYOXAL
- 7.6 LEATHER
- 7.6.1 APAC ACCOUNTS FOR LARGEST SHARE OF GLYOXAL MARKET
IN LEATHER INDUSTRY 58
- 7.7 COSMETIC/PERSONAL CARE
- 7.7.1 APAC TO BE THE LARGEST CONSUMER OF GLYOXAL IN COSMETICS INDUSTRY
- 7.8 OTHERS
8 GLYOXAL MARKET, BY REGION
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 8.2.1 US
- 126.96.36.199 Growing demand for sustainable packaging solution to
fuel the glyoxal market 67
- 8.2.2 MEXICO
- 188.8.131.52 Rising textile exports to propel the demand for glyoxal
- 8.2.3 CANADA
- 184.108.40.206 Surging demand for comfortable clothing to boost the
demand for glyoxal 70
- 8.3 EUROPE
- 8.3.1 GERMANY
- 220.127.116.11 Investments in chemical sector to increase demand for glyoxal
- 8.3.2 FRANCE
- 18.104.22.168 Growing domestic demand for cosmetics to propel the
demand for glyoxal 75
- 8.3.3 ITALY
- 22.214.171.124 Intermediates application is the fastest-growing consumer
of glyoxal in Italy 76
- 8.3.4 RUSSIA
- 126.96.36.199 Growing chemical and oil & gas industries to drive the market
- 8.3.5 UK
- 188.8.131.52 Crosslinking is the largest application of glyoxal in the UK
- 8.3.6 REST OF EUROPE
- 8.4 APAC
- 8.4.1 CHINA
- 184.108.40.206 Rapid economic growth and increasing industrial base to boost
the demand for glyoxal 83
- 8.4.2 INDIA
- 220.127.116.11 Rapid growth in the chemical industry to propel the glyoxal market
- 8.4.3 JAPAN
- 18.104.22.168 Growing demand for pharmaceuticals to drive the glyoxal market
- 8.4.4 VIETNAM
- 22.214.171.124 Rising influx of foreign brand in clothing to augment the
demand for glyoxal 86
- 8.5 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.5.1 SAUDI ARABIA
- 126.96.36.199 Intermediates segment is the largest consumer of glyoxal in
Saudi Arabia 90
- 8.5.2 SOUTH AFRICA
- 188.8.131.52 Industrial development to drive the glyoxal market in South Africa
- 8.5.3 REST OF MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.6 SOUTH AMERICA
- 8.6.1 BRAZIL
- 184.108.40.206 Textile industry growth to drive the glyoxal market
- 8.6.2 PERU
- 220.127.116.11 Growing agricultural activities to drive the glyoxal market in Peru
- 8.6.3 REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
9 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 9.1 OVERVIEW
- 9.2 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING, 2018
- 9.2.1 VISIONARY LEADERS
- 9.2.2 INNOVATORS
- 9.2.3 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 9.2.4 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 9.3 STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 9.4 BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE
- 9.5 MARKET RANKING OF KEY PLAYERS
- 9.5.1 BASF SE
- 9.5.2 MERCK KGAA
- 9.5.3 THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- 9.5.4 WEYLCHEM INTERNATIONAL GMBH
- 9.5.5 HAIHANG GROUP
- 9.6 COMPETITIVE SITUATION & TRENDS
- 9.6.1 MERGER & ACQUISITION
- 9.6.2 INVESTMENT & EXPANSION
10 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 10.1 BASF SE
- 10.2 MERCK KGAA
- 10.3 THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- 10.4 WEYLCHEM INTERNATIONAL GMBH
- 10.5 HAIHANG GROUP
- 10.6 AMZOLE INDIA PVT. LTD.
- 10.7 ONICHEM
- 10.8 TAICANG GUANGZE FINE CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- 10.9 TOKYO CHEMICAL INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
- 10.10 TORONTO RESEARCH CHEMICALS
- 10.11 OTHER COMPANIES
- 10.11.1 CANGZHOU GOLDLION CHEMICALS CO., LTD.
- 10.11.2 FINETECH INDUSTRY LIMITED
- 10.11.3 FUYANG FENGCHI CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- 10.11.4 HUANG'GANG JINWEIKANG CHEMICALS CO., LTD.
- 10.11.5 HUBEI HONGYUAN PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
- 10.11.6 HUBEI SHUNHUI BIO-TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
- 10.11.7 NOVOCHEM
- 10.11.8 OAKWOOD PRODUCTS, INC.
- 10.11.9 OSWAL UDHYOG GROUP
- 10.11.10 OTTO CHEMIE PVT LTD.
- 10.11.11 PENTA MANUFACTURING COMPANY
- 10.11.12 SANCAI INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
- 10.11.13 SPECTRUM CHEMICAL MFG. CORP.
- 10.11.14 ZEHAO INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
- 10.11.15 ZL CHEMICAL (JINAN) CO., LTD.
Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 11.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 11.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 11.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 11.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 11.5 AUTHOR DETAILS