Product Code: MM 7222
"The increasing use of sustainable mining technologies by the mining companies to drive the market."
The green mining market size is estimated at USD 9.0 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 12.9 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 7.5%. The green mining market is driven by mining companies these days, which are working on several sustainable practices that are an essential part of their process and probably a core of its license to operate. Several mining companies have realized that the only way to be economically feasible is to be-be socially responsible by operating in accordance with environmental norms.
"The surface mining type segment is projected to register a higher CAGR during the forecast period."
Surface mining has higher productivity, which lowers the costs, in case of underground mining, the equipment for maintaining productivity is more expensive as compared to the open pit equipment. Moreover, open pit provides a large production scale, and the share of open pit mines have also offered the opportunity for manufacturing open pit equipment in a large number that further decreases the production costs.
"Power reduction in the technology segment to hold the largest share during the forecast period."
Power reduction in the mining industry is the difference between the current energy consumption and the best practice energy consumption that corresponds to energy saving opportunities from the investments made in these technologies. According to the Coalition for Energy Efficient Comminution, the process approximately uses about 3% of the total global electricity production and about 50% of the complete mine's energy and about 10% of the total production costs. Mines rarely have any control over the cost incurred in energy, so it is necessary for the comminution process to meet the requirements while reducing the amount of energy as much as possible.
"Europe is estimated to be fastest-growing green mining market during the forecast period."
Europe is estimated to be the fastest growing green mining during the forecast period due to the rise in environmental protection awareness in the world. Russia is projected to be the fastest growing market of green mining in Europe, followed by Germany, Poland, and then Turkey. North America is the second fastest growing green mining market. Increasing government regulations is expected to provide growth opportunity in this region.
Extensive primary interviews were conducted to determine and verify the market size for several segments and sub-segments and information gathered through secondary research.
The breakup of primary interviews is given below:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 - 36%, Tier 2 - 36%, and Tier 3 - 27%
- By Designation - C level - 27%, Director Level - 45%, and Others - 27%
- By Region - APAC- 55%, Europe - 9%, North America - 18%, South America - 7%, Middle East & Africa- 9%,
The leading players in the green mining market are: Glencore (Switzerland), Rio Tinto (UK), BHP Billiton (Australia), Vale (Brazil), Tata Steel (India), Anglo American (UK), Jiangxi copper corporation (China), Dundee precious (Canada), and Freeport-McMoRan (US).
This research report categorizes the green mining market based on mining type, technology, and region. The report includes detailed information regarding the major factors, such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities, influencing the growth of the market. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide insights into business overviews and recent developments associated with the market.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the green mining market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of market sizes for the overall market and sub-segments across verticals and regions.
- 2. The report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- 3. This report will help stakeholders understand the major competitors and gain insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes developments such as new product development.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 1.3.2 REGIONS COVERED
- 1.3.3 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 LIMITATIONS
- 1.6 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 188.8.131.52 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206 Key data from primary sources
- 220.127.116.11 Key industry insights
- 18.104.22.168 Breakdown of primary interviews
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.3 DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE GREEN MINING MARKET
- 4.2 GREEN MINING MARKET, BY TYPE
- 4.3 GREEN MINING MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 4.4 APAC GREEN MINING MARKET, BY TYPE AND COUNTRY
- 4.5 GREEN MINING MARKET, BY KEY COUNTRIES
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 22.214.171.124 Growing concern about the environment
- 126.96.36.199 Climate change and its effects on the mining industry
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 188.8.131.52 Financing green mining activities
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 184.108.40.206 Introduction of electric vehicles and renewable sources of energy
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11 Uncontrolled and illegal mining activities in Africa
6 GREEN MINING MARKET, BY TYPE
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 UNDERGROUND MINING
- 6.2.1 UNDERGROUND MINING REQUIRES COMPLICATED MACHINERY AS IT IS NECESSARY TO CONSIDER FACTORS SUCH AS GROUND CONDITIONS, ORE BODY GEOMETRY, AND LIMITED ACCESS AREA.
- 6.3 SURFACE MINING
- 6.3.1 SURFACE MINING HAS HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY THAN UNDERGROUND MINING WITH A LOWER COST OF PRODUCTION
7 GREEN MINING MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 POWER REDUCTION
- 7.2.1 THE NEED FOR AN ALTERNATIVE SOURCE OF ENERGY SOURCES IS REQUIRED AS THE MINING COMPANIES HAVE TO COMPETE WITH BOTH GOVERNMENTS AND LOCAL COMMUNITIES FOR THESE SCARCE RESOURCES
- 7.2.2 COMMINUTION EFFICIENCY
- 7.2.3 HYDROMETALLURGICAL PROCESSES
- 7.3 FUEL AND MAINTENANCE REDUCTION
- 7.3.1 MINING COMPANIES HAVE BEEN DEVELOPING VARIOUS MODELS TO TRACK THIS ACTIVITY TO ESTIMATE THE VALUE OF THE HAULAGE PARAMETER SO AS TO REDUCE THE FUEL CONSUMPTION
- 7.3.2 THE EQUIPMENT ROUTE OPTIMIZATION
- 7.3.3 FUEL ADDITIVES
- 7.3.4 NATURAL GAS CONVERSION
- 7.3.5 TRAINING SIMULATORS
- 7.4 EMISSION REDUCTION
- 7.4.1 MINING COMPANIES ARE INVESTING IN VARIOUS OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES IN ORDER TO REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF EMISSIONS.
- 7.4.2 DUST MANAGEMENT
- 7.4.3 CARBON SEQUESTRATION
- 7.4.4 INTERIOR BIOLEACHING
- 7.5 WATER REDUCTION
- 7.5.1 THE MINING INDUSTRY PRODUCES LARGE AMOUNTS OF HIGHLY CONCENTRATED WHICH DEPLETES THE SURFACE WATER, AND CAUSES POLLUTION TO THE LOCAL WATERBODIES PRESENT NEAR THE MINE.
- 7.5.2 AMD REMEDIATION
- 7.5.3 WASTEWATER PROCESSING
- 7.5.4 TAILINGS REMEDIATION
- 7.5.5 DESALINATION
- 7.6 OTHERS
- 7.6.1 INTERIOR BIOLEACHING
- 7.6.2 BIOREMEDIATION
8 GREEN MINING MARKET, BY REGION
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 8.2.1 US
- 18.104.22.168 Increased focus of the US on sustainable practices is expected to drive the market in the country
- 8.2.2 CANADA
- 22.214.171.124 The need to meet the required sustainability criteria by the government is expected to drive the market
- 8.2.3 MEXICO
- 126.96.36.199 The increasing awareness to decrease the impact on the environment
- 8.3 EUROPE
- 8.3.1 GERMANY
- 188.8.131.52 Strong legislation and unified federal laws against protecting the environment are expected to influence the market positively
- 8.3.2 RUSSIA
- 184.108.40.206 Increase in pollution monitoring by mining companies and increasing adoption for energy efficient process will drive the green mining market in the country
- 8.3.3 POLAND
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing government's focus on minimizing the environmental damage caused due to mining activities is fostering the green mining market
- 8.3.4 TURKEY
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing concern on mine safety and environmental protection are expected to drive green mining activities
- 8.3.5 REST OF EUROPE
- 8.4 APAC
- 8.4.1 CHINA
- 22.214.171.124 Initiatives taken by the government to recover the coal mine methane and ensure the protection of both the environment and natural resources to impact the green mining market positively
- 8.4.2 AUSTRALIA
- 126.96.36.199 Australian government possesses all the significant geological information related to the region, and this activity is aiding the market growth
- 8.4.3 INDIA
- 188.8.131.52 The government has taken effective steps against the negative impacts of mining and this is fueling the green mining practicess
- 8.4.4 INDONESIA
- 184.108.40.206 The global awareness regarding the importance to reduce the country's dependency on fossil fuel and focus on the development of renewable energy resources is expected to fuel the demand for green mining market
- 8.4.5 REST OF APAC
- 8.5 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.5.1 SOUTH AFRICA
- 220.127.116.11 The country is taking a number of initiatives to promote sustainable mining practices, hence will drive the green mining market
- 8.5.2 QATAR
- 18.104.22.168 The country is actively participating in various initiatives to reduce the environmental impact caused by the mining industry
- 8.5.3 REST OF THE MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.6 SOUTH AMERICA
- 8.6.1 BRAZIL
- 22.214.171.124 The country's stringent regulation on environmental protection is expected to drive the market for green mining
- 8.6.2 CHILE
- 126.96.36.199 The increasing efforts to conserve water and energy in the mining industry is driving various green mining activities
- 8.6.3 COLOMBIA
- 188.8.131.52 The active participation of the government to conserve the environment is likely to drive the market in the country
9 COMPANY PROFILES (Business overview, Products offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MNM view)*
- 9.1 GLENCORE
- 9.2 RIO TINTO
- 9.3 VALE S.A.
- 9.4 BHP BILLITON
- 9.5 TATA STEEL
- 9.6 ANGLO AMERICAN
- 9.7 JIANGXI COPPER CORPORATION LIMITED
- 9.8 DUNDEE PRECIOUS METALS
- 9.9 LIEBHERR
- 9.10 OTHER PLAYERS
- 9.10.1 SAUDI ARABIAN MINING CORPORATION
- 9.10.2 SANY
- 9.10.3 DOOSAN INFRACORE
- 9.10.4 SHANDONG GOLD MINING CO. LTD
*Details on Business overview, Products offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MNM view might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 10.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 10.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 10.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 10.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 10.5 AUTHOR DETAILS