Product Code: CH 7198
"Growing PDMS consumption in personal care, medical, automotive, construction industries is expected to drive the PDMS market."
The polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) market size is estimated to be USD 4.0 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 5.2 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 6.0%. The increasing demand for PDMS from industries such as personal care, medical, automotive, construction and others owing to properties such as durability, dielectricity, adhesion, foam control, and others is one of the major factors driving the global PDMS demand during the forecast period.
Further, the growing preference of PDMS fluid-based products in place of hydrocarbon-based traditional products owing to its high resistant towards temperature extremes, oxidation, shear stresses, and chemicals are expected to drive this market. Also, the increasing PDMS demand from developing economies of the world is another factor driving the PDMS market. However, the regulatory policies for PDMS such as Food Contact Material (FCM) in Europe and Food and Durg Authority (FDA) are expected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
"High-molecular weight is the fastest-growing type of PDMS."
High-molecular is expected to be the fastest-growing type of PDMS between 2019 and 2024. High-molecular weight polydimethylsiloxane is used as a damping fluid in a variety of Environmental Sensing Devices (ESDs) such as accelerometers and rolamites. It is also used in soft lithography under biomedical microelectromechanical systems. The demand for high-molecular weight PDMS is driven majorly by its increasing consumption of hair care and skin care applications under the personal care industry.
"Elastomer is the largest form of PDMS."
Based on form, PDMS market is divided into elastomer, fluid, resin, and others. Elastomers are expected to be the most extensive form of PDMS used for numerous applications during the forecast period. The increasing demand for PDMS elastomers in industries such as household & personal care and electrical & electronics is expected to drive the PDMS market. PDMS elastomers are used for various applications under these industries such as sealants, the raw material for microfluidic devices, stretchable electronics, and others.
"APAC is the largest as well as the fastest-growing market for PDMS."
APAC is projected to be the largest and fastest-growing PDMS market during the forecast period, owing to the presence of strong and developing industries, such as construction, automobile, household & personal care, and electronics. Factors such as abundant availability of raw materials at lower costs, high economic growth rate, and lower labor & transportation costs are expected to drive the PDMS market in the region. PDMS is used majorly as a lubricant, anti-foaming agent, heat transferring fluid, and others in the industries mentioned above. The increasing demand for PDMS for these industries has further motivated a large number of manufacturers to expand their business in this region.
Extensive primary interviews were conducted in the process of determining and verifying sizes of different types, forms, and end-use industry of the PDMS market gathered through secondary research.
The breakdown of primary interviews is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 45%, Tier 2 - 22%, and Tier 3 - 33%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives - 50%, Director-Level - 25%, and Others - 25%
- By Region: North America - 50%, Europe - 20%, APAC - 20%, and South America - 10%,
The key companies profiled in this report on the PDMS market include: DowDuPont Inc. (US), Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. (Japan), Wacker Chemie AG (Germany), Avantor, Inc. (US), Elkem ASA (Norway), KCC Corporation (South Korea), Dongyue Group Limited (China), Alfa Aesar (UK), CHT Group (Germany), and Zhonghao Chenguang Research Institute of Chemical Industry (China).
The PDMS market has been segmented based on type, form, end-use industries, and region. This report covers the PDMS market and forecasts its market size until 2024. It also provides detailed information on company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the key players to strengthen their position in the PDMS market. The report also provides insights into the drivers and restraints in the PDMS market along with opportunities and challenges. The report also includes profiles of top manufacturers in the PDMS market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the PDMS market and provides the closest approximations of revenue numbers for the overall market and its segments across different verticals and regions.
- 2. This report is expected to help stakeholders understand the pulse of the PDMS market and provide information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities influencing the market growth.
- 3. This report is expected to help stakeholders obtain an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape of the PDMS market and gain insights to improve the position of their businesses. The competitive landscape section includes detailed information on strategies, such as new product developments, expansions, joint ventures, and mergers & acquisitions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. PDMS MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 1.3.2. REGIONS COVERED
- 1.3.3. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 22.214.171.124. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 126.96.36.199. Key data from primary sources
- 188.8.131.52. Key industry insights
- 184.108.40.206. Breakdown of primary interviews
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3. DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.3.1. ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE PDMS MARKET
- 4.2. PDMS MARKET, BY REGION
- 4.3. PDMS MARKET IN APAC, BY COUNTRY AND FORM, 2018
- 4.4. PDMS MARKET ATTRACTIVENESS
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.1.1. DRIVERS
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing demand in different end-use industries
- 18.104.22.168. Replacement of hydrocarbon-based products with PDMS fluid-based products
- 5.1.2. RESTRAINTS
- 22.214.171.124. Regulatory policies on PDMS in few end-use industries
- 126.96.36.199. High cost of production
- 5.1.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 188.8.131.52. Growing demand for PDMS in healthcare applications
- 5.1.4. CHALLENGES
- 184.108.40.206. Price sensitive market
- 5.2. PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.2.1. BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.2.2. THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.2.3. THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.2.4. BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.2.5. INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
- 5.3. MACROECONOMIC INDICATORS
- 5.3.1. CONTRIBUTION OF HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY TO GDP
- 5.3.2. GLOBAL GDP TRENDS
- 5.3.3. CONTRIBUTION OF CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY TO GDP
6. PDMS MARKET, BY TYPE
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. LOW-MOLECULAR WEIGHT PDMS
- 6.2.1. LOW-MOLECULAR WEIGHT PDMS EXPECTED TO HAVE HIGH DEMAND IN INDUSTRIAL PROCESSES IN APAC
- 6.3. HIGH-MOLECULAR WEIGHT PDMS
- 6.3.1. DEMAND FROM PERSONAL CARE INDUSTRY IN APAC TO DRIVE DEMAND FOR HIGH-MOLECULAR WEIGHT PDMS
- 6.4. ULTRA-HIGH MOLECULAR WEIGHT PDMS
- 6.4.1. INCREASED DEMAND FOR PDMS RESINS WILL LEAD TO GROWTH OF ULTRA-HIGH MOLECULAR WEIGHT PDMS
7. PDMS MARKET, BY FORM
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. PDMS ELASTOMERS
- 7.2.1. GROWING DEMAND IN PERSONAL CARE INDUSTRY EXPECTED TO BOOST DEMAND FOR PDMS ELASTOMERS
- 7.3. PDMS FLUIDS
- 7.3.1. PDMS FLUIDS WITNESSING INCREASING CONSUMPTION IN VARIOUS APPLICATIONS
- 7.4. PDMS RESINS
- 7.4.1. GROWING CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY EXPECTED TO DRIVE THE PDMS RESINS MARKET
- 7.5. OTHERS
- 7.5.1. INCREASING DEMAND IN APAC TO DRIVE THE DEMAND FOR OTHER FORMS OF PDMS
8. PDMS MARKET, BY END-USE INDUSTRY
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. INDUSTRIAL PROCESS
- 8.2.1. WIDE SCALE INDUSTRIAL ACTIVITIES IN APAC TO DRIVE DEMAND FOR PDMS IN INDUSTRIAL PROCESSES
- 8.3. BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION
- 8.3.1. DEMAND FOR ADHESIVES, SEALANTS, AND COATINGS IN BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION DRIVE MARKET FOR PDMS
- 8.4. HOUSEHOLD & PERSONAL CARE
- 8.4.1. PDMS MARKET IN HOUSEHOLD & PERSONAL CARE INDUSTRY TO WITNESS HIGHEST GROWTH IN APAC
- 8.5. TRANSPORTATION
- 8.5.1. INCREASE IN VEHICLE PRODUCTION LEADING TO GROWING CONSUMPTION OF PDMS AS CLUTCH FLUIDS, BRAKE FLUIDS
- 8.6. ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS
- 8.6.1. PDMS INCREASINGLY USED IN ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS DUE TO ITS DI-ELECTRICAL PROPERTIES
- 8.7. HEALTHCARE
- 8.7.1. PDMS INCREASINGLY USED INHEALTHCARE SECTOR DUE TO ITS VERSATILE PROPERTIES
- 8.8. OTHERS
9. PDMS MARKET, BY REGION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. APAC
- 9.2.1. CHINA
- 220.127.116.11. Major use of PDMS in cosmetic & personal care industry driving the market
- 9.2.2. JAPAN
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing demand for beauty and personal care products and growing automotive industry driving demand for PDMS
- 9.2.3. INDIA
- 22.214.171.124. Personal care and growing automotive industries are major consumers of PDMS
- 9.2.4. SOUTH KOREA
- 126.96.36.199. Rising demand for personal care driving the market for PDMS
- 9.2.5. AUSTRALIA
- 188.8.131.52. Growth of construction and personal care industries expected to drive the PDMS market
- 9.2.6. REST OF APAC
- 9.3. EUROPE
- 9.3.1. GERMANY
- 184.108.40.206. Growth of personal care industry along with other industries such as automotive to drive the PDMS market
- 9.3.2. FRANCE
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing demand from household &personal care industry is expected to drive the PDMS market
- 9.3.3. UK
- 18.104.22.168. Demand from construction industry to drive the PDMS market in UK
- 9.3.4. ITALY
- 22.214.171.124. Increasing demand for lubricants in automotive industry and demand for personal care products expected to drive the PDMS market
- 9.3.5. RUSSIA
- 126.96.36.199. Growth in industrial processes and building & construction is expected to drive the PDMS market in Russia
- 9.3.6. TURKEY
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing demand from construction industry driving the PDMS market in Turkey
- 9.3.7. REST OF EUROPE
- 9.4. NORTH AMERICA
- 9.4.1. US
- 184.108.40.206. Investments in construction industry and growing household & personal care market to fuel demand for PDMS
- 9.4.2. CANADA
- 220.127.116.11. Household & personal care and healthcare industries to drive consumption of PDMS in Canada
- 9.4.3. MEXICO
- 18.104.22.168. Strong household & personal careindustry to fuel growth of PDMS market
- 9.5. SOUTH AMERICA
- 9.5.1. BRAZIL
- 22.214.171.124. Increase in consumer spending on personal care products to lead to higher demand for PDMS
- 9.5.2. ARGENTINA
- 126.96.36.199. Increased foreign investments on end-use industries to increase demand for PDMS
- 9.5.3. REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
- 9.6. MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 9.6.1. SAUDI ARABIA
- 188.8.131.52. Growth in the construction industry to drive demand for PDMS in Saudi Arabia
- 9.6.2. UAE
- 184.108.40.206. Growth in construction and personal care industries will fuel demand for PDMS
- 9.6.3. REST OF MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. MARKET RANKING OF PDMS MANUFACTURERS
- 10.3. COMPETITIVE SITUATION AND TRENDS
- 10.3.1. EXPANSION
- 10.3.2. NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- 10.3.3. MERGER & ACQUISITION
11. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 11.1. DOWDUPONT INC.
- 11.2. SHIN-ETSU CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- 11.3. WACKER CHEMIE AG
- 11.4. AVANTOR, INC.
- 11.5. ELKEM ASA
- 11.6. KCC CORPORATION
- 11.7. DONGYUE GROUP LIMITED
- 11.8. ALFA AESAR
- 11.9. CHT GROUP
- 11.10. ZHONGHAO CHENGUANG RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL INDUSTRY
- 11.11. ADDITIONAL COMPANY PROFILES
- 11.11.1. BRB INTERNATIONAL
- 11.11.2. SPECTRUM CHEMICAL MANUFACTURING CORP.
- 11.11.3. HUBEI XIN SI HAI CHEMICAL INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
- 11.11.4. ANHUI YOUCHENG SILICONEOIL CO., LTD.
- 11.11.5. GELEST, INC.
- 11.11.6. SANTA CRUZ BIOTECHNOLOGY, INC.
- 11.11.7. SPECIALTY SILICONE PRODUCTS INC.
- 11.11.8. ELKAY CHEMICALS PVT. LTD.
- 11.11.9. KB ROLLER TECH KOPIERWALZEN GMBH
- 11.11.10. CLEARCO PRODUCTS CO., INC.
- 11.11.11. IOTA SILICONE OIL (ANHUI) CO., LTD.
- 11.11.12. TERRA SILIKON TEKNOLOJILERI VE KIMYA
- 11.11.13. WYNCA GROUP
- 11.11.14. YICHANG COLLIN SILICONE MATERIAL CO., LTD.
- 11.11.15. SILTECH CORPORATION
*Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.2. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.3. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.4. RELATED REPORTS
- 12.5. AUTHOR DETAILS