Product Code: FB 7187
"The proanthocyanidins market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.0%, in terms of value."
The global proanthocyanidins market is estimated to be valued at USD 198 million in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 280 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period. Proanthocyanidins are witnessing a surge in demand as it is used in various applications in the personal care, dietary supplement, cosmetics, and food & beverage industries. The global proanthocyanidins market is primarily driven by the health benefits and therapeutics effects offered by this ingredient and its increasing application in the personal care and cosmetic industries. Proanthocyanidins have antioxidant characteristics and provide several health benefits, such as improving bone strength, curing healing wounds, aiding skin-related issues including skin cancer, and offering cardiovascular benefits. Hence, they witness significant demand among several manufacturers in the personal care, food & beverages, and cosmetics industries.
"The pine bark segment in the proanthocyanidins market is estimated to account for the largest share in 2019."
Based on source, the pine bark segment is estimated to account for the largest share in the proanthocyanidins market in 2019. Pine bark extract helps in reducing muscle discomfort as well as helps cure illnesses related to poor circulation, blood pressure, arthritis, and high blood glucose. Pine bark is loaded with oligomeric proanthocyanidins compounds and has super antioxidants. The antioxidant contents of pine bark extracts help in reducing the visible signs of aging in the skin, due to which it is used in anti-aging skin cream formulations. The applications of pine bark as an additive in food is gaining acceptance among health-conscious customers. The demand for pine bark sources in the proanthocyanidins market remains high due to the nutritional benefits and increase in consumer awareness.
"Type A proanthocyanidins derived from cranberry finds applications in the pharmaceutical, personal care, cosmetics, and supplements industries."
Type A proanthocyanidins (PAC) are mainly found in cranberry, which is one of the major sources of type A proanthocyanidins. This type of proanthocyanidins is utilized in various applications of pharmaceutical, personal care, cosmetics, and food supplement industries. However, it mainly finds applications in the pharmaceutical industry due to its therapeutic effects that are beneficial to human health. The major health benefits associated with A type proanthocyanidins is the maintenance of urinary tract health, which is among the most common bacterial infections affecting women. Leading players such as Naturex (France) and Nexira (France) offer various type A proanthocyanidins that cater to personal care applications, particularly urinary tract health (UTI).
"The North American proanthocyanidins market is projected to witness significant growth."
The North American region is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period. The region is projected to account for the largest share by 2025. The rise in the aging population, increasing consumption of healthy food, and growing demand for pharmaceuticals are the major factors driving the market in North America.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 45 %, Tier 2 - 33%, and Tier 3 - 22%
- By Designation: C-level - 45%, D-level - 33%, and Others* - 22%
- By Region: North America - 15%, Europe - 29%, Asia Pacific - 44%, and RoW**- 12%,
Others include: sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers.
*RoW includes the Middle East and Africa.
Leading players profiled in this report:
This report includes a study of marketing and development strategies along with the product portfolios of leading companies in the proanthocyanidins market. It includes the profiles of leading companies such as Naturex (France), Indena SPA (Italy), Nexira Inc. (France), Polyphenolics (US), Xian Yuensun Biological Technology Co., Ltd. (China), Natac (Spain), and Eevia Health (Finland).
The report segments the proanthocyanidins market on the basis of type, source, application, and region. In terms of insights, this report has focused on various levels of analyses-competitive landscape, end-use analysis, and company profiles-which together comprise and discuss views on the emerging & high-growth segments of the global proanthocyanidins high-growth regions, countries, government initiatives, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
- To get a comprehensive overview of the proanthocyanidins market.
- To gain wide-ranging information about the top players in this industry, their product portfolios, and key strategies adopted by them.
- To gain insights about the major countries/regions, in which the proanthocyanidins market is gaining popularity.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 STUDY SCOPE
- 1.4 PERIODIZATION CONSIDERED
- 1.5 CURRENCY CONSIDERED
- 1.6 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 18.104.22.168 Breakdown of primary interviews
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
- 2.5 RESEARCH LIMITATIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE PROANTHOCYANIDINS MARKET
- 4.2 PROANTHOCYANIDINS MARKET, BY REGION, 2019 VS. 2025
- 4.3 PROANTHOCYANIDINS MARKET, BY SOURCE, 2019 VS. 2025
- 4.4 ASIA PACIFIC: PROANTHOCYANIDINS MARKET, BY SOURCE & COUNTRY
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 22.214.171.124 Various health and therapeutic benefits offered by proanthocyanidins
- 126.96.36.199 Growing demand for dietary supplements and functional food & beverage products
- 188.8.131.52 Increasing applications in the personal care and cosmetics industries
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 184.108.40.206 High cost of proanthocyanidins
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 220.127.116.11 R&D activities to identify new sources of proanthocyanidins
- 18.104.22.168 Rise in the number of launches of functional products containing proanthocyanidins
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 22.214.171.124 Availability of substitutes
- 5.3 REGULATORY FRAMEWORK
- 5.3.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.3.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 126.96.36.199 US Food and Drug Administration
- 5.3.3 EUROPE
- 188.8.131.52 European Food Safety Authority
- 5.3.4 ASIA PACIFIC
- 184.108.40.206 Food Standards Australia New Zealand
6 PROANTHOCYANIDINS MARKET, BY SOURCE
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 CRANBERRY
- 6.2.1 THE RISING DEMAND FOR NATURAL PRODUCTS AND INCREASING UTILIZATION OF CRANBERRY EXTRACT AS NATURAL FOOD COLORS ARE PROJECTED TO DRIVE THE GROWTH
- 6.3 GRAPE SEEDS
- 6.3.1 MANUFACTURERS IN EUROPE ARE SEEKING HEALTH CLAIM APPROVALS FROM THE EFSA FOR GRAPE SEEDS IN THE REGION
- 6.4 PINE BARK
- 6.4.1 THE PINE BARK SEGMENT IS PROJECTED TO WITNESS PROMISING GROWTH DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD
- 6.5 OTHERS
7 PROANTHOCYANIDINS MARKET, BY TYPE
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 TYPE A
- 7.2.1 INCREASING USE OF TYPE A PROANTHOCYANIDINS (PAC) IN URINARY TRACT HEALTH APPLICATIONS IS PROJECTED TO DRIVE ITS DEMAND IN THE FUTURE
- 7.3 TYPE B
- 7.3.1 SEVERAL HEALTH BENEFITS AND SKIN CARE PROPERTIES OFFERED BY TYPE B PAC PROJECTED TO DRIVE THE GROWTH OF THE MARKET
8 PROANTHOCYANIDINS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 PHARMACEUTICALS & DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS
- 8.2.1 PHARMACEUTICALS & DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS ARE MAJOR APPLICATIONS FOR PROANTHOCYANIDINS
- 8.3 FUNCTIONAL FOOD & BEVERAGES
- 8.3.1 THE RISE IN THE ADOPTION OF EVERYDAY PERFORMANCE FOODS, INSTANT NUTRITION, AND HEALTH-IMPROVING FOOD PROCESSING AMONG THE TRENDS DEFINING THE FUNCTIONAL FOOD & BEVERAGE SECTOR
- 8.4 PERSONAL CARE & COSMETICS
- 8.4.1 THE DEMAND FOR ANTI-AGING PRODUCTS IS INCREASING OWING TO THE INCREASING AGING POPULATION AND GROWING AWARENESS ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF USING SUCH PRODUCTS
9 PROANTHOCYANIDINS MARKET, BY REGION
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 9.2.1 US
- 220.127.116.11 Awareness about the risk of cardiovascular diseases is boosting the demand for proanthocyanidins
- 9.2.2 CANADA
- 18.104.22.168 Canadian consumers are increasingly adopting natural health foods
- 9.2.3 MEXICO
- 22.214.171.124 Growing food demand and rise in the aging population are complementing the growth of the proanthocyanidins market
- 9.3 EUROPE
- 9.3.1 SPAIN
- 126.96.36.199 Increasing presence of leading players to promote the growth of the proanthocyanidins market
- 9.3.2 FRANCE
- 188.8.131.52 Rising health awareness among consumers to encourage functional food and dietary supplement manufacturers to opt for proanthocyanidins
- 9.3.3 ITALY
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing demand for proanthocyanidins in various skin care and facial care applications is projected to drive the market growth in the country
- 9.3.4 GERMANY
- 220.127.116.11 The growing demand for proanthocyanidins in organic and natural beauty products is projected to drive the market growth in the country
- 9.3.5 UK
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing demand for dietary supplements to drive the market growth
- 9.3.6 REST OF EUROPE
- 22.214.171.124 The growing popularity of functional food products is projected to drive the market growth in the region
- 9.4 ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.4.1 CHINA
- 126.96.36.199 Increasing use of proanthocyanidins in premium-quality cosmetics and pharmaceutical drugs to drive the market growth in the country
- 9.4.2 INDIA
- 188.8.131.52 The rising demand for functional foods & beverages, the growing middle-class population, and an increasing number of health-conscious consumers to drive the market growth in the country
- 9.4.3 AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
- 184.108.40.206 Rising trend of healthy living and increasing aging population to drive the demand for proanthocyanidins in Australia & New Zealand
- 9.4.4 JAPAN
- 220.127.116.11 The growing demand for proanthocyanidins in cosmetics and functional food products is projected to drive the demand in the country
- 9.4.5 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 18.104.22.168 Rise in the demand for proanthocyanidins in various industries such as personal care, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, and functional food industries to drive growth in the coming years
- 9.5 ROW
- 9.5.1 SOUTH AMERICA
- 22.214.171.124 Growing demand for convenience foods and increasing income levels of middle-class families to drive the market growth
- 9.5.2 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 126.96.36.199 Inclination to spend on beauty and personal care products coupled with rising income levels to boost the demand for proanthocyanidins
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1 OVERVIEW
- 10.2 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING (OVERALL MARKET)
- 10.2.1 TERMINOLOGY/NOMENCLATURE
- 10.2.1.1 Visionary leaders
- 10.2.1.2 Innovators
- 10.2.1.3 Dynamic differentiators
- 10.2.1.4 Emerging companies
- 10.3 RANKING OF KEY PLAYERS, 2018
- 10.3.1 PARTNERSHIPS
- 10.3.2 EXPANSIONS
- 10.3.3 NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 10.3.4 ACQUISITIONS & JOINT VENTURES
11 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis and MnM View; Please note in-depth coverage in various sections is subjected to data availability)
The companies are listed in no particular order, but as a representation of the market's ecosystem.
- 11.1 NATUREX
- 11.2 INDENA SPA
- 11.3 NEXIRA
- 11.4 FRUIT D'OR
- 11.5 SCOTT LABORATORIES INC.
- 11.6 POLYPHENOLICS
- 11.7 XI'AN YUENSUN BIOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
- 11.8 NATAC GROUP
- 11.9 EEVIA HEALTH
- 11.10 BOTANIEX INC.
- 11.11 INDOFINE CHEMICALS COMPANY, INC.
- 11.12 ARTEMIS INTERNATIONAL INC.
- 12.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 12.5 AUTHOR DETAILS