Product Code: MD 7164
"Biodecontamination market to register a CAGR of 6.1% from 2019 to 2024."
The biodecontamination market is projected to reach USD 175 million by 2024 from USD 130 million in 2019, at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2019 to 2024. The growth of the market is largely driven by the rising incidence of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs), growth in the pharmaceutical & biotechnology industries, and increasing outsourcing of biodecontamination services. Emerging economies are expected to provide a wide range of growth opportunities for players in the market.
"Equipment accounted for the major share of the market in 2019."
By product & service, the biodecontamination market is segmented into equipment, consumables, and services. In 2018, the equipment segment accounted for the largest share of the market. Services form the fastest-growing segment due to the low cost of services and low capital expenditure required, as compared to purchasing equipment & consumables.
"Hydrogen peroxide accounted for the largest share of the biodecontamination market in 2019."
On the basis of agent type, the biodecontamination market is segmented into hydrogen peroxide, nitrogen dioxide, chlorine dioxide, and peracetic acid. In 2018, the hydrogen peroxide segment accounted for the largest share of the biodecontamination market. This segment is also expected to grow at the highest CAGR. Its material compatibility and safety are the major factors contributing to its dominance in the biodecontamination market.
"Chamber biodecontamination accounted for the largest share of the biodecontamination market in 2019"
On the basis of type, the biodecontamination market is segmented into room and chamber biodecontamination. Chamber biodecontamination accounted for the largest share of the market in 2018 and is expected to show the highest growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the lower power consumption, smaller footprint, high adaptation capabilities, and cost-effectiveness of chamber decontamination.
"North America dominated the biodecontamination market in 2019."
North America, which includes the US, & Canada, accounted for the largest share of the biodecontamination market in 2018. The growth in this market is primarily driven by the growing demand for biodecontamination from the healthcare industry to minimize the occurrence of HAIs, increasing healthcare expenditure, improved healthcare infrastructure, and the presence of major players in the region.
Breakdown of supply-side primary interviews, by company type, designation, and region:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 (35%), Tier 2 (45%), and Tier 3 (20%)
- By Designation (Supply Side): C-level (35%), Director-level (45%), and Others (20%)
- By Region: North America (46%), Europe (28%), Asia (19%), and RoW (7%)
The major players operating in this market are: STERIS (US), Ecolab, Inc. (US), TOMI Environmental Solutions, Inc. (US), JCE Biotechnology (France), Fedegari Autoclavi SpA (Italy), Zhejiang Tailin Bioengineering Co., Ltd. (China), Noxilizer, Inc. (US), Howorth Air Technology Limited (UK), Wenzhou Weike Biological Laboratory Equipment Co., Ltd. (China), ClorDiSys Solutions Inc. (US), and Amira S.r.l. (Italy). Product launches, expansions, agreements, and acquisitions are the key growth strategies followed by most players in this market.
This report studies the biodecontamination market based on product & service, agent type, end user, and region. The report also analyzes factors (such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities) affecting market growth. It evaluates the opportunities and challenges in the market for stakeholders and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders. The report also studies micromarkets with respect to their growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the total biodecontamination market. The report forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four major regions.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on biodecontamination offered by the top 12 players in the biodecontamination market. The report analyzes the biodecontamination market by product & services, type, agent type, end user, and region.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for biodecontamination across key geographic regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, and recent developments
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares and strategies of the leading players in the biodecontamination market
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.2. SECONDARY DATA
- 2.3. PRIMARY DATA
- 2.3.1. KEY DATA FROM PRIMARY SOURCES
- 2.4. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.4.1. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION: TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.5. MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.6. ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. BIODECONTAMINATION: MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2. NORTH AMERICA: BIODECONTAMINATION MARKET, BY END USER (2018)
- 4.3. BIODECONTAMINATION MARKET: GEOGRAPHIC GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 126.96.36.199. Rising Incidence of Hospital-Acquired Infections
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing number of surgical procedures
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing outsourcing of biodecontamination services
- 220.127.116.11. Growth in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries
- 18.104.22.168. Presence of stringent regulations
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 22.214.171.124. Presence of manual biodecontamination methods and budgetary constraints in healthcare facilities
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 126.96.36.199. Emerging markets
6. BIODECONTAMINATION MARKET, BY PRODUCT & SERVICE
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. EQUIPMENT
- 6.2.1. AUTOMATED EQUIPMENT IS GROWING INCREASINGLY POPULAR AMONG END USER
- 6.3. SERVICES
- 6.3.1. LOW COST OF SERVICES HAS BOOSTED END-USER PREFERENCE
- 6.4. CONSUMABLES
- 6.4.1. CONSUMABLE USE DEPENDS ON AREA TO BE DECONTAMINATED
7. BIODECONTAMINATION MARKET, BY AGENT TYPE
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
- 7.2.1. HYDROGEN PEROXIDE IS CONSIDERED DUE TO ITS SAFETY AND HIGH MATERIAL COMPATIBILITY
- 7.3. CHLORINE DIOXIDE
- 7.3.1. USED AS A GAS, CHLORINE DIOXIDE ALLOWS FOR THOROUGH DECONTAMINATION
- 7.4. PERACETIC ACID
- 7.4.1. PERACETIC ACID IS USED IN LIQUID FORM OR VAPOR PHASE
- 7.5. NITROGEN DIOXIDE
- 7.5.1. NITROGEN DIOXIDE DECONTAMINATION IS TWICE AS FAST AS HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
8. BIODECONTAMINATION MARKET, BY TYPE
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. CHAMBER DECONTAMINATION
- 8.2.1. LOWER COST AND POWER REQUIREMENTS HAVE BOOSTED MARKET GROWTH
- 8.3. ROOM DECONTAMINATION
- 8.3.1. ROOM DECONTAMINATION IS A LENGTHY AND EXPENSIVE PROCESS
9. BIODECONTAMINATION MARKET, BY END USER
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. PHARMACEUTICAL & MEDICAL DEVICE MANUFACTURING COMPANIES
- 9.2.1. PHARMACEUTICAL & MEDICAL DEVICE MANUFACTURING COMPANIES ARE THE LARGEST END USERS OF THE BIO-DECONTAMINATION MARKET
- 9.3. LIFE SCIENCES & BIOTECHNOLOGY RESEARCH ORGANIZATIONS
- 9.3.1. INCREASE IN BIOTECHNOLOGY RESEARCH TO SUPPORT MARKET GROWTH
- 9.4. HOSPITALS & HEALTHCARE FACILITIES
- 9.4.1. INCREASING INCIDENCE OF HAIS & GROWING VOLUME OF SURGICAL PROCEDURES PERFORMED IN THESE FACILITIES TO DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
10. BIODECONTAMINATION MARKET, BY REGION
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 10.2.1. US
- 10.2.1.1. Increasing Number of Surgical Procedures Performed and Strict Regulations in the Us to Drive Market Growth
- 10.2.2. CANADA
- 10.2.2.1. Increasing Incidence of Hospital-Acquired Infections to Drive the Adoption of Biodecontamination Products
- 10.3. EUROPE
- 10.3.1. GERMANY
- 10.3.1.1. Increasing incidence of HAIs to support market growth
- 10.3.2. UK
- 10.3.2.1. Presence of major biodecontamination equipment manufacturers and service providers to support market growth
- 10.3.3. FRANCE
- 10.3.3.1. Favorable government initiatives to support market growth
- 10.3.4. REST OF EUROPE
- 10.4. ASIA PACIFIC
- 10.4.1. JAPAN
- 10.4.1.1. Japan dominates the APAC biodecontamination market
- 10.4.2. CHINA
- 10.4.2.1. Large population and growing medical device manufacturing industry have driven market growth in China
- 10.4.3. INDIA
- 10.4.3.1. Growing pharmaceutical and medical devices manufacturing industry will drive the growth
- 10.4.4. REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 10.5. REST OF THE WORLD
11. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 11.1. OVERVIEW
- 11.2. MARKET PLAYER RANKING
- 11.3. COMPETITIVE SITUATION AND TRENDS
- 11.3.1. PRODUCT LAUNCHES AND APPROVALS
- 11.3.2. EXPANSIONS
- 11.3.3. ACQUISITIONS
- 11.3.4. PARTNERSHIPS, AGREEMENTS, AND COLLABORATIONS
- 11.3.5. OTHER DEVELOPMENTS, 2016- APRIL 2019
- 11.4. COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 11.4.1. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 11.4.2. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 11.4.3. INNOVATORS
- 11.4.4. EMERGING PLAYERS
12. COMPANY PROFILES (Introduction, Products & Services, Strategy, & Analyst Insights, Developments, MnM View)*
- 12.1. STERIS PLC
- 12.2. ECOLAB
- 12.3. TOMI ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTIONS INC.
- 12.4. JCE BIOTECHNOLOGY
- 12.5. FEDEGARI AUTOCLAVI SPA
- 12.6. ZHEJIANG TAILIN BIOENGINEERING CO., LTD.
- 12.7. NOXILIZER, INC.
- 12.8. HOWORTH AIR TECHNOLOGY LTD.
- 12.9. WENZHOU WEIKE BIOLOGICAL LABORATORY EQUIPMENT CO. LTD.
- 12.10. CLORDISYS SOLUTIONS, INC.
- 12.11. AMIRA SRL
*Details on MarketsandMarkets view, Introduction, Product & Services, Strategy, & Analyst Insights, New Developments might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 13.1. INSIGHTS FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 13.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 13.3. ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 13.4. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 13.5. RELATED REPORTS
- 13.6. AUTHOR DETAILS