Product Code: BT 7081
"The NGS sample preparation market to register a CAGR of 18.7% from 2019 to 2024."
The NGS sample preparation market is projected to reach USD 2.7 billion by 2024 from USD 1.1 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 18.7% during the forecast period. The growth of this market is driven by increasing application of NGS in diagnostics and genomics research, increasing adoption of NGS for diagnostics (due to the decreasing cost of NGS products and services), and development of low-cost sequencing technologies are expected to drive the market growth in the future.
"The library preparation products segment to register the highest CAGR in the NGS reagents and consumables market."
Based on workflow, the reagents & consumables segment is subsegmented into library preparation, target enrichment, and quality control. Library preparation segment is classified into DNA (Human WGS, targeted sequencing, whole exome sequencing, and others) and RNA (gene expression analysis, whole transcriptome, and others) on the basis of type. In 2018, the library preparation segment accounted for the largest share of the NGS reagents and consumables market. Advancements in the NGS protocols for library preparation and the increasing number of research activities are driving the growth of the library preparation market.
"The academic institutes & research centers segment is expected to dominate the end-user segment."
Based on end user, the NGS sample preparation market is segmented into academic institutes & research centers, hospitals & clinics, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and other end users. The academic institutes & research centers segment is expected to account for the largest share the NGS sample preparation market during the forecast period. The increasing number of collaborations between NGS market players and academic & research institutions; availability of financial support for genomics R&D across regions; and the development of cost-effective NGS products and services for researchers are the major factors supporting the growth of this end-user segment.
"The NGS sample preparation market in the APAC is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period."
The Asia Pacific NGS sample preparation market is expected to witness the highest CAGR from 2019 to 2024. Increasing financial support from public as well as private agencies, increasing number of NGS-based research projects, increasing awareness about precision medicine, and high incidence of chronic diseases in key APAC countries are the major factors driving the growth of this regional market.
Breakdown of supply-side primary interviews, by company type, designation, and region:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 31% , Tier 2 - 49%, and Tier 3 - 20%
- By Designation: C-level - 28%, Director-level - 19%, and Others - 53%
- By Region: North America - 33%, Europe - 31%, APAC - 19%, and RoW - 17%
Several companies such as Illumina Inc. (US), Thermo Fisher Scientific (US), QIAGEN N.V. (Germany), Agilent Technologies, Inc. (US), and Beckman Coulter (a subsidiary of Danaher), among others, are investing in high-growth markets to gain significant profits and increase their share in the NGS sample preparation market.
This report studies the NGS sample preparation market based on product, end user, application, and region. The report also analyzes factors (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) affecting market growth. It evaluates opportunities and challenges in the market for stakeholders and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders. The report also studies micromarkets with respect to their growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the total market. The report forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four major regions.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on NGS sample preparation offered by the top 15 players in the market. The report analyzes the NGS sample preparation market by product, application, end user, and region.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for NGS sample preparation across key geographic regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the NGS sample preparation market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and recent developments of the leading players in the NGS sample preparation market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 188.8.131.52. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206. Breakdown of primaries
- 220.127.116.11. Key data from primary sources
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1. PRODUCT-BASED MARKET ESTIMATION
- 2.2.2. END USER-BASED MARKET ESTIMATION
- 2.3. MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. NGS SAMPLE PREPARATION: MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2. NGS SAMPLE PREPARATION MARKET SHARE, BY PRODUCT, 2018
- 4.3. NGS SAMPLE PREPARATION MARKET, BY END USER, 2019 VS. 2024(USD MILLION)
- 4.4. NGS SAMPLE PREPARATION MARKET, BY APPLICATION, 2019 VS. 2024(USD MILLION)
- 4.5. NGS SAMPLE PREPARATION MARKET, BY REGION
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 18.104.22.168. Advancements in NGS platforms
- 22.214.171.124. Declining cost of sequencing
- 126.96.36.199. Improving reimbursement scenario for NGS-based diagnostic tests
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 188.8.131.52. End user budget constraints in developing countries
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 184.108.40.206. Initiatives and funding from government & private bodies for large-scale sequencing projects
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing applications of NGS
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
6. NGS SAMPLE PREPARATION MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. REAGENTS & CONSUMABLES
- 6.2.1. RISING ADOPTION OF NGS IS SUPPORTING THE USE OF NGS REAGENTS AND CONSUMABLES
- 6.3. NGS WORKSTATIONS
- 6.3.1. HIGH THROUGHPUT AND REDUCTION IN HANDS-ON TIME ENSURES THE ADOPTION OF WORKSTATIONS IN NGS WORKFLOW
7. NGS REAGENTS AND CONSUMABLES MARKET, BY WORKFLOW
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. LIBRARY PREPARATION
- 7.2.1. DNA FRAGMENTATION, END REPAIR, A-TAILING, AND SIZE SELECTION
- 18.104.22.168. Availability of products from various players drives the market for this segment
- 7.2.2. DNA LIBRARY PREPARATION
- 22.214.171.124. Whole exome sequencing
- 126.96.36.199.1. WES is more cost-effective and produces smaller, more manageable datasets for faster analysis
- 188.8.131.52. Targeted sequencing
- 184.108.40.206.1. Targeted sequencing helps to investigate a variety of disease areas, such as oncology, inherited diseases, immunology, and infectious diseases
- 220.127.116.11. Whole genome sequencing
- 18.104.22.168.1. WGS enables clinicians to understand the genetic makeup of patients and supports the diagnosis of various diseases
- 22.214.171.124. Others
- 7.2.3. RNA LIBRARY PREPARATION
- 126.96.36.199. Gene expression analysis
- 188.8.131.52.1. Gene expression analysis is adopted on a large scale during immunology & stem cell research and neurobiology studies to evaluate cell differentiation and development
- 184.108.40.206. Whole transcriptome sequencing
- 220.127.116.11.1. Whole transcriptome sequencing helps in understanding the functional elements of the genome and underlying mechanisms of development and disease
- 18.104.22.168. Other RNA applications
- 7.3. TARGET ENRICHMENT
- 7.3.1. TARGETED SEQUENCING
- 22.214.171.124. Increased adoption of targeted sequencing in several diagnostics to drive market growth
- 7.3.2. WHOLE EXOME SEQUENCING
- 126.96.36.199. WES is increasingly being used in clinical diagnostics for a variety of indications to identify the underlying genetic cause of disease
- 7.3.3. OTHERS
- 7.4. QUALITY CONTROL
- 7.4.1. IMPORTANCE OF QUALITY CONTROL STEP IN THE NGS WORKFLOW & RISING NUMBER OF RESEARCH ACTIVITIES USING NGS TECHNOLOGY ARE THE KEY FACTORS DRIVING MARKET GROWTH
8. NGS LIBRARY PREPARATION & TARGET ENRICHMENT MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. SEQUENCING BY SYNTHESIS (SBS)
- 8.2.1. SBS HAS A WIDE CUSTOMER BASE OWING TO ITS WELL-ESTABLISHED PRECISION IN SEQUENCING AS WELL AS ITS BROAD APPLICATION BASE
- 8.3. ION SEMICONDUCTOR SEQUENCING
- 8.3.1. EXTENSIVE APPLICATIONS OF ION SEMICONDUCTOR SEQUENCING TO DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
- 8.4. SINGLE-MOLECULE REAL-TIME SEQUENCING (SMRT)
- 8.4.1. HIGH COST OF SMRT-BASED PLATFORMS TO RESTRAIN MARKET GROWTH
- 8.5. NANOPORE SEQUENCING
- 8.5.1. SMALL SIZE AND LOW EQUIPMENT COSTS TO SUPPORT THE ADOPTION OF NANOPORE SEQUENCING PLATFORMS BY VARIOUS END USERS
- 8.6. OTHER SEQUENCING TECHNOLOGIES
9. NGS SAMPLE PREPARATION MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. DIAGNOSTICS
- 9.2.1. CANCER DIAGNOSTICS
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing cancer patient population across the globe is driving this segment
- 9.2.2. INFECTIOUS DISEASE DIAGNOSTICS
- 184.108.40.206. Lack of awareness about NGS-based diagnosis for infectious diseases is limiting the growth of this market
- 9.2.3. REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH DIAGNOSTICS
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing adoption of NIPT to drive market growth
- 9.2.4. OTHER DISEASE DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATIONS
- 9.3. DRUG DISCOVERY
- 9.3.1. INCREASING USE OF NGS DURING CLINICAL TRIALS FOR DRUG DISCOVERY AND DEVELOPMENT TO DRIVE THE ADOPTION NGS SAMPLE PREPARATION PRODUCTS
- 9.4. AGRICULTURAL & ANIMAL RESEARCH
- 9.4.1. FUNDING & SUPPORT FOR ANIMAL AND PLANT GENOMICS RESEARCH TO SUPPORT THE ADOPTION OF NGS SAMPLE PREPARATION PRODUCTS
- 9.5. OTHER APPLICATIONS
10. NGS SAMPLE PREPARATION MARKET, BY END USER
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. ACADEMIC INSTITUTES & RESEARCH CENTERS
- 10.2.1. AVAILABILITY OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR GENOMICS RESEARCH TO SUPPORT THE GROWTH OF THIS SEGMENT
- 10.3. HOSPITALS & CLINICS
- 10.3.1. NGS TECHNOLOGY TO WITNESS SIGNIFICANT ADOPTION IN DISEASE DIAGNOSIS OWING TO ITS ADVANTAGES OVER CONVENTIONAL METHODS
- 10.4. PHARMACEUTICAL & BIOTECHNOLOGY COMPANIES
- 10.4.1. CONTINUOUS FOCUS OF PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOTECHNOLOGY COMPANIES ON TARGETED THERAPIES FOR PRECISION MEDICINE TO DRIVE THE GROWTH OF THIS END-USER SEGMENT
- 10.5. OTHER END USERS
11. NGS SAMPLE PREPARATION MARKET, BY REGION
- 11.1. INTRODUCTION
- 11.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 11.3. US
- 11.3.1. FAVORABLE REGULATORY AND REIMBURSEMENT SCENARIO FOR NGS-BASED DIAGNOSTICS TESTS IN THE COUNTRY DRIVES THE MARKET
- 11.4. CANADA
- 11.4.1. FAVORABLE GOVERNMENT FUNDING SCENARIO IN CANADA BOOST GENOMICS RESEARCH
- 11.5. EUROPE
- 11.6. GERMANY
- 11.6.1. STRONG R&D BASE IN GERMANY SUPPORTS MARKET GROWTH
- 11.7. UK
- 11.7.1. USE OF NGS-BASED TEST FOR DISEASE DIAGNOSIS WILL DRIVE MARKET GROWTH
- 11.8. FRANCE
- 11.8.1. SUPPORT FOR GENOMICS RESEARCH IS A KEY DRIVER OF MARKET GROWTH
- 11.8.2. ROE
- 11.9. ASIA PACIFIC
- 11.9.1. CHINA
- 18.104.22.168. NGS players are focusing on strengthening their presence and offerings in the country
- 11.9.2. JAPAN
- 22.214.171.124. Growing genetic disorder incidence in Japan is driving market growth
- 11.9.3. INDIA
- 126.96.36.199. Awareness on NGS and its advantages is still growing in India
- 11.9.4. REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 11.10. REST OF THE WORLD
12. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 12.1. OVERVIEW
- 12.2. MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS, 2018
- 12.3. COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 12.3.1. PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 12.3.2. AGREEMENTS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND COLLABORATIONS
- 12.3.3. ACQUISITIONS
- 12.3.4. EXPANSIONS
- 12.3.5. OTHER DEVELOPMENTS
- 12.4. VENDOR INCLUSION CRITERIA
- 12.5. COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING (OVERALL MARKET - 2017)
- 12.5.1. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 12.5.2. INNOVATORS
- 12.5.3. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 12.5.4. EMERGING PLAYERS
13. COMPANY PROFILE (Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 13.1. AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 13.2. BECTON, DICKINSON AND COMPANY
- 13.3. BECKMAN COULTER (A SUBSIDIARY OF DANAHER)
- 13.4. F. HOFFMANN-LA ROCHE AG
- 13.5. ILLUMINA, INC.
- 13.6. NEW ENGLAND BIOLABS, INC.
- 13.7. NUGEN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. (PART OF TECAN TRADING AG)
- 13.8. OXFORD GENE TECHNOLOGY (PART OF SYSMEX)
- 13.9. OXFORD NANOPORE TECHNOLOGIES, LTD.
- 13.10. PACIFIC BIOSCIENCES OF CALIFORNIA, INC.
- 13.11. PERKINELMER, INC.
- 13.12. QIAGEN N.V.
- 13.13. RAINDANCE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. (PART OF BIO-RAD LABORATORIES)
- 13.14. SWIFT BIOSCIENCES INC.
- 13.15. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
*Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments,, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 14.1. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 14.2. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 14.3. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 14.4. RELATED REPORTS
- 14.5. AUTHOR DETAILS