Product Code: CH 1874
"The growth of the construction, automotive, and pharmaceutical industries is expected to drive the propanol market."
The propanol market size is estimated to be USD 3.5 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 4.2 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 4.0%. The increasing demand for paints & coatings from the construction and automotive industries is the major factor driving the global propanol demand during the forecast period. Furthermore, the development of pharmaceutical production owing to the increasing demand for pharmaceutical drugs and generic, biosimilar, and innovative products are expected to drive the demand for propanol. However, the increasing usage of bio & green solvents due to high VOC emission from petrochemical-based solvents and increasing usage of recycled solvents are some of the factors that are expected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
"N-propanol is the fastest-growing type of propanol."
N-propanol is estimated to be the fastest-growing type of propanol between 2018 and 2023. N-propanol is expected to register a slight increase in the demand as compared to isopropanol owing to the new law regarding usage of low volatile organic compound (VOC) emitting chemicals in the food processing and food packaging applications. Furthermore, the rising demand for n-propanol in developing countries worldwide owing to the increasing consumption of pharmaceuticals, paints & coatings, cosmetics, and personal care products due to the growing healthcare, construction, and FMCG businesses is expected to drive the global propanol market.
"Direct solvent and chemical intermediate are expected to be the major applications of propanol."
On the basis of application, the propanol market is divided applications of isopropanol and applications of n-propanol. The applications of isopropanol are direct solvent, chemical intermediate, household & personal care, pharmaceutical, and others. Direct solvent is estimated to be the largest application for isopropanol owing to its increasing usage in paints & coatings, household cleaners, and personal care & beauty products. While, applications of n-propanol are direct solvent, chemical intermediate, and others, of which chemical intermediate is estimated to be the largest application of n-propanol. The factors driving the n-propanol demand is its increasing consumption for the formulation of n-propyl acetate, ink, and coatings, among others.
"APAC is the largest as well as the fastest-growing market for propanol."
APAC is estimated to be the largest and fastest-growing propanol market during the forecast period, owing to the presence of strong and developing pharmaceutical, construction, automotive, and FMCG industries. The shifting focus of global market players to APAC owing to developing economic condition, favorable rules & regulations, and increasing FDI are driving the growth of these industries. Propanol is majorly used as direct solvent in applications such as drug manufacturing, paints & coatings, and household & personal care products. The huge production and consumption of these products in the region is expected to drive the propanol market.
Extensive primary interviews were conducted in the process of determining and verifying sizes of different types and applications of the propanol market gathered through secondary research.
The breakdown of primary interviews is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 45%, Tier 2 - 22%, and Tier 3 - 33%
- By Designation: C Level Executives - 50%, Director Level - 25%, and Others - 25%
- By Region: North America - 50%, Europe - 20%, APAC - 10%, South America - 10%, and Middle East & Africa - 10%
The key companies profiled in this report on the propanol market include: Royal Dutch Shell Plc (Netherlands), Exxon Mobil Corporation (US), BASF SE (Germany), The Dow Chemical Company (US), LG Chem Ltd. (South Korea), Sasol Limited (South Africa), Eastman Chemical Company (US), Tokuyama Corporation (Japan), LCY Chemical Corp. (Taiwan), JXTG Holdings, Inc. (Japan), Deepak Fertilisers and Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd. (India), and OXEA GmbH (Germany)
The propanol market has been segmented based on type, application, and region. This report covers the propanol market and forecasts its market size until 2023. It also provides detailed information on company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the key players to strengthen their position in the propanol market. The report also provides insights into the drivers and restraints in the propanol market along with opportunities and challenges. The report also includes profiles of top manufacturers in the propanol market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the propanol market and provides the closest approximations of revenue numbers for the overall market and its segments across different verticals and regions.
- 2. This report is expected to help stakeholders understand the pulse of the propanol market and provide information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities influencing the market growth.
- 3. This report is expected to help stakeholders obtain an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape of the propanol market and gain insights to improve the position of their businesses. The competitive landscape section includes detailed information on strategies such as new product launch and expansion.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 1.3.2 REGIONS COVERED
- 1.3.3 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 UNIT CONSIDERED
- 1.6 LIMITATIONS
- 1.7 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 22.214.171.124 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 126.96.36.199 Key data from primary sources
- 188.8.131.52 Key industry insights
- 184.108.40.206 Breakdown of primary interviews
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE PROPANOL MARKET
- 4.2 PROPANOL MARKET, BY REGION
- 4.3 PROPANOL MARKET IN APAC, BY COUNTRY AND TYPE
- 4.4 PROPANOL MARKET, DEVELOPED VS DEVELOPING ECONOMIES
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 RAW MATERIAL ANALYSIS
- 5.2.1 ETHYLENE
- 5.2.2 SYNGAS
- 5.2.3 PROPYLENE
- 5.3 MANUFACTURING PROCESS
- 5.3.1 ISOPROPANOL
- 5.3.2 N-PROPANOL
- 5.4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.4.1 DRIVERS
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing demand for paints and coatings due to the rapidly growing construction and automotive industries
- 18.104.22.168 Growing global pharmaceutical industry
- 5.4.2 RESTRAINTS
- 22.214.171.124 Shifting focus toward green solvents due to high VOC emission
- 126.96.36.199 Solvent recycling technology affecting the demand for new solvents
- 5.4.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 188.8.131.52 Growing demand for industrial solvents in emerging economies
- 5.4.4 CHALLENGES
- 184.108.40.206 Harmful effects of petrochemical-based solvents
- 5.5 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.5.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.5.2 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.5.3 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.5.4 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.5.5 INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
- 5.6 MACROECONOMIC INDICATORS
- 5.6.1 CONTRIBUTION OF THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY TO GDP
- 5.6.2 CONTRIBUTION OF THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY TO GDP
6 PROPANOL MARKET, BY TYPE
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 ISOPROPANOL
- 6.2.1 ISOPROPANOL IS EXPECTED TO HAVE A HIGH DEMAND IN THE HOUSEHOLD & PERSONAL CARE APPLICATION IN APAC
- 6.3 N-PROPANOL
- 6.3.1 INCREASING DEMAND FOR N-PROPYL ACETATE IN APAC IS EXPECTED
TO AFFECT THE DEMAND FOR N-PROPANOL 44
7 PROPANOL MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 ISOPROPANOL APPLICATIONS
- 7.2.1 DIRECT SOLVENT
- 220.127.116.11 Growing demand for paints and coatings is expected to boost the isopropanol demand as a direct solvent
- 7.2.2 CHEMICAL INTERMEDIATE
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing demand from agriculture and personal care industries is likely to drive the chemical intermediate segment
- 7.2.3 HOUSEHOLD & PERSONAL CARE
- 22.214.171.124 Growth of the household & personal care segment is attributed to the growing FMCG industry
- 7.2.4 PHARMACEUTICAL
- 126.96.36.199 The growing pharmaceutical industry is expected to increase the demand for pharmaceutical grade isopropanol
- 7.2.5 OTHERS
- 7.3 N-PROPANOL APPLICATIONS
- 7.3.1 CHEMICAL INTERMEDIATE
- 188.8.131.52 Increasing demand from the chemical industry is expected to boost the n-propanol market
- 7.3.2 DIRECT SOLVENT
- 184.108.40.206 Growth of the construction industry in APAC is expected to drive the n-propanol market in its direct solvent application
- 7.3.3 OTHERS
8 PROPANOL MARKET, BY REGION
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 APAC
- 8.2.1 CHINA
- 220.127.116.11 Extensive use of propanol in the household & personal care application will positively impact the market
- 8.2.2 JAPAN
- 18.104.22.168 The increasing demand for beauty and personal care products is driving the propanol market
- 8.2.3 INDIA
- 22.214.171.124 The pharmaceutical and construction industries are the major consumers of propanol
- 8.2.4 MALAYSIA
- 126.96.36.199 The growth of the construction and automotive industries is expected to drive the propanol market
- 8.2.5 SOUTH KOREA
- 188.8.131.52 The automotive industry is the key contributor to the growth of the propanol market
- 8.2.6 REST OF APAC
- 8.3 NORTH AMERICA
- 8.3.1 US
- 184.108.40.206 High demand from the pharmaceutical, construction, and chemical industries is propelling the market
- 8.3.2 CANADA
- 220.127.116.11 The household & personal care and chemical intermediate applications have high demand for propanol
- 8.3.3 MEXICO
- 18.104.22.168 The strong personal care industry in the country will boost the demand for isopropanol
- 8.4 EUROPE
- 8.4.1 GERMANY
- 22.214.171.124 The increasing demand for propanol in the chemical industry is fueling the market
- 8.4.2 FRANCE
- 126.96.36.199 The increasing consumption of paints and coatings in the automotive and aerospace industries is augmenting the propanol market
- 8.4.3 UK
- 188.8.131.52 The demand from the FMCG and printing industries is boosting the propanol market
- 8.4.4 ITALY
- 184.108.40.206 Increased demand for propanol from manufacturing industries is likely to facilitate the market growth
- 8.4.5 RUSSIA
- 220.127.116.11 Growth in building & construction activities and chemical production are driving the propanol market
- 8.4.6 TURKEY
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing infrastructure development will drive the demand for propanol in the country
- 8.4.7 REST OF EUROPE
- 8.5 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.5.1 SAUDI ARABIA
- 22.214.171.124 Growth in the industrial sector to increase the end uses of propanol
- 8.5.2 IRAN
- 126.96.36.199 Increasing petrochemical production is likely to boost the demand for propanol
- 8.5.3 REST OF THE MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.6 SOUTH AMERICA
- 8.6.1 BRAZIL
- 188.8.131.52 Increased disposable income and purchasing power of consumers are boosting the demand for personal care products, leading to a high demand for propanol
- 8.6.2 ARGENTINA
- 184.108.40.206 The economic transformation of the country will drive the demand for propanol
- 8.6.3 REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
9 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 MARKET RANKING OF ISOPROPANOL MANUFACTURERS
- 9.3 MARKET RANKING OF N-PROPANOL MANUFACTURERS
- 9.4 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 9.4.1 EXPANSION
- 9.4.2 NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH
10 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 10.1 ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC
- 10.2 EXXON MOBIL CORPORATION
- 10.3 BASF SE
- 10.4 THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY
- 10.5 LG CHEM LTD.
- 10.6 SASOL LIMITED
- 10.7 EASTMAN CHEMICAL COMPANY
- 10.8 TOKUYAMA CORPORATION
- 10.9 LCY CHEMICAL CORP.
- 10.10 JXTG HOLDINGS, INC.
- 10.11 DEEPAK FERTILISERS AND PETROCHEMICALS CORPORATION LTD.
- 10.12 OXEA GMBH
- 10.13 OTHER COMPANIES
- 10.13.1 CARBOCLOR S.A.
- 10.13.2 ISU CHEMICAL
- 10.13.3 LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES HOLDINGS B.V.
- 10.13.4 SOLVAY
- 10.13.5 SEQENS
- 10.13.6 DAIREN CHEMICAL CORPORATION (DCC)
- 10.13.7 TASCO GROUP
- 10.13.8 A. B. ENTERPRISES
- 10.13.9 WENZHOU HUAQIAO CHEMICAL REAGENT CO., LTD.
- 10.13.10 KH CHEMICALS
- 10.13.11 TOKYO CHEMICAL INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
- 10.13.12 ZHEJIANG XINHUA CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- 10.13.13 MITSUI CHEMICALS, INC.
Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 11.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 11.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 11.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 11.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 11.5 AUTHOR DETAILS