Product Code: MD 6846
"The transdermal drug delivery systems market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period."
The transdermal drug delivery systems market is expected to reach 7.1 billion by 2023 from an estimated USD 5.7 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period. Market growth is largely driven by the global increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases. In addition, technological advancements in transdermal drug delivery systems are expected to support market growth in the coming years. However, drug failures and recalls of transdermal drug delivery systems are expected to restrain market growth to a certain extent.
By application, the pain management segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
On the basis of application, the transdermal drug delivery systems market is segmented into five broad categories-pain management, central nervous system disorders, hormonal applications, cardiovascular diseases, and other applications (smoking cessation, motion sickness, and overactive bladder treatment). The pain management segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the high burden of chronic pain worldwide and the growing availability of transdermal products for pain management.
The transdermal patches segment is expected to dominate the market in 2018.
On the basis of type, the transdermal drug delivery systems market is segmented into transdermal patches and transdermal semisolids. In 2018, the transdermal patches segment is expected to account for a dominant share of the transdermal drug delivery systems market. This drug delivery system offers several advantages, such as reduced dosing frequency, improved bioavailability, reduced adverse events, and drug input termination at any point by the removal of the patch. Also, the use of patches results in increased patient compliance due to their non-invasive nature and painless application. These factors are expected to drive market growth.
The North American transdermal drug delivery systems market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
North America, comprising the US and Canada, offers high-growth opportunities for players in the transdermal drug delivery systems market. This segment is slated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Some of the factors driving market growth in the North American region are rising prevalence of targeted diseases (such as chronic pain, central nervous system disorders, and cardiovascular diseases) in the region, the increasing use of contraceptives, and the increasing number of research activities related to transdermal drug delivery systems.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
- By Company Type - Tier 1-55%, Tier 2-25% and Tier 3-20%
- By Designation - C-level-43%, Director Level-32%, Others-25%
- By Region - North America-38%, Europe-29%, Asia Pacific-23%, RoW-10%
The key players in the transdermal drug delivery systems market are: Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical (Japan), Mylan (US), UCB (Belgium), Novartis (Switzerland), GlaxoSmithKline (UK), Boehringer Ingelheim (Germany), Johnson & Johnson (US), Endo International (Ireland), and Purdue Pharma (US).
The report analyzes the transdermal drug delivery systems market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market based on various segments such as applications, type, end user, and region. The report also includes competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report can help established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one, or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies.
This report provides insights into the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the services offered by the top players in the transdermal drug delivery systems market. The report analyzes the market based on applications, type, end user, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and product launches in the transdermal drug delivery systems market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various transdermal drug delivery systems solutions across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about solutions and services, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the transdermal drug delivery systems market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the market
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206. Key Data from Secondary Sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 220.127.116.11. Key Data from Primary Sources
- 18.104.22.168. Key Industry Insights
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1. MARKET DATA VALIDATION AND TRIANGULATION
- 2.3. ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. TRANSDERMAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2. TRANSDERMAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS MARKET, BY TYPE, 2018
- 4.3. TRANSDERMAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS MARKET, BY TYPE, 2018
- 4.4. TRANSDERMAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS MARKET: GEOGRAPHIC SNAPSHOT
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 22.214.171.124. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases
- 126.96.36.199. Technological advancements in transdermal drug delivery systems
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 188.8.131.52. Drug failure and recalls of transdermal drug delivery systems
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 184.108.40.206. Collaborations between pharmaceutical companies and drug delivery firms
- 220.127.116.11. Self-administration and home care drug delivery systems
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
- 18.104.22.168. Technical barriers related to skin irritation and permeability
6. TRANSDERMAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS MARKET, BY TYPE
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. TRANSDERMAL PATCHES
- 6.2.1. DRUG-IN-ADHESIVE PATCHES
- 6.2.2. MATRIX PATCHES
- 6.2.3. RESERVOIR MEMBRANE PATCHES
- 6.2.4. MICRONEEDLE PATCHES
- 6.3. TRANSDERMAL SEMISOLIDS
- 6.3.1. GELS
- 6.3.2. OINTMENTS
- 6.3.3. SPRAYS
7. TRANSDERMAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. PAIN MANAGEMENT
- 7.2.1. PAIN MANAGEMENT TO ACCOUNT FOR THE LARGEST SHARE OF THE TRANSDERMAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS MARKET
- 7.3. HORMONAL APPLICATIONS
- 7.3.1. TESTOSTERONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
- 22.214.171.124. Skin irritation, poor absorption of drugs, high costs, and the need for frequent dosing are factors limiting market growth
- 7.3.2. TRANSDERMAL ESTROGEN THERAPY
- 126.96.36.199. Growing use of transdermal contraceptive patches is likely to drive the market for transdermal estrogen therapy
- 7.4. CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DISORDERS
- 7.4.1. INCREASING INCIDENCE OF PARKINSON'S AND ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE TO DRIVE THE MARKET FOR CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DISORDERS
- 7.5. CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES
- 7.5.1. AVAILABILITY OF ALTERNATIVE AND ADVANCED DRUG DELIVERY OPTIONS TO LIMIT MARKET GROWTH
- 7.6. OTHER APPLICATIONS
- 7.6.1. INCREASING DEMAND FOR ADVANCED TRANSDERMAL MICRONEEDLE PATCHES FOR DIABETES MANAGEMENT-A KEY MARKET DRIVER
8. TRANSDERMAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS MARKET, BY END USER
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. HOME CARE SETTINGS
- 8.3. HOSPITALS & CLINICS
9. TRANSDERMAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS MARKET, BY REGION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 9.2.1. US
- 188.8.131.52. Rising prevalence of targeted disease and development of technologically advanced transdermal drug delivery systems-key factors driving market growth
- 9.2.2. CANADA
- 184.108.40.206. Rising prevalence of chronic diseases and funding for the development of transdermal drug delivery systems to drive market growth
- 9.3. EUROPE
- 9.3.1. GERMANY
- 220.127.116.11. Growing focus of pharmaceutical companies in Germany on the development of transdermal products to drive market growth
- 9.3.2. UK
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing funding for the R&D of innovative transdermal technologies to drive market growth
- 9.3.3. FRANCE
- 22.214.171.124. Development of transdermal drug delivery systems by local players to support market growth
- 9.3.4. ROE
- 9.4. ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.4.1. JAPAN
- 126.96.36.199. Increasing number of product approvals and growing focus of local players on R&D of transdermal systems to support market growth
- 9.4.2. CHINA
- 188.8.131.52. Growing focus of major players in China towards the development of transdermal drug delivery systems to drive market growth
- 9.4.3. INDIA
- 184.108.40.206. Growing awareness among healthcare providers and patients and increasing focus on noninvasive methods of drug delivery to drive market growth
- 9.4.4. ROPAC
- 9.5. ROW
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1. OVERVIEW
- 10.2. MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- 10.3. MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS, BY APPLICATION
- 10.3.1. PAIN MANAGEMENT
- 10.3.2. HORMONAL APPLICATIONS
- 10.3.3. CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DISORDERS
- 10.3.4. CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES
- 10.4. COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 10.4.1. PRODUCT LAUNCHES AND APPROVALS
- 10.4.2. EXPANSIONS
- 10.4.3. AGREEMENTS AND COLLABORATIONS
- 10.4.4. ACQUISITIONS
11. COMPANY PROFILES (Business overview, Products offered, Recent Developments, MNM view)*
- 11.1. HISAMITSU PHARMACEUTICAL CO., INC.
- 11.2. MYLAN N.V.
- 11.3. UCB S.A.
- 11.4. NOVARTIS AG
- 11.5. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC
- 11.6. BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM INTERNATIONAL GMBH
- 11.7. JOHNSON & JOHNSON (J&J)
- 11.8. ENDO INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- 11.9. PURDUE PHARMA L.P.
- 11.10. LAVIPHARM
- 11.11. LEAD CHEMICALS CO., INC.
- 11.12. LUYE PHARMA GROUP
*Details on Business overview, Products offered, Recent Developments, MNM view might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.2. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.3. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.4. RELATED REPORTS
- 12.5. AUTHOR DETAILS