Product Code: BC 6822
"The construction plastics market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% between 2018 and 2023"
The construction plastics market is estimated to be USD 75.6 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 105.7 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 6.9%. The growth in consumption of lightweight materials, such as plastics is driving the demand for construction plastics. The low cost of plastics compared with other substitute materials is also a driving factor for the growth of construction plastics market. However, volatile prices of crude oil, a major raw material of plastics, is a potential restraint for the growth of the market. China's slowing economy and the prohibition of the use of PVC products in green buildings are some of the potential restraints of the market.
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is projected to be the fastest-growing plastic in the construction plastics market
The polyvinyl chloride plastics market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growing demand for polyvinyl chloride is due to its properties and low cost. PVC is majorly used in the pipes application, which has a major market share in the construction plastics market. This factor is projected to drive the growth of the market for PVC. The growing demand for PVC pipes in the construction application is increasing due to its properties, such as thermal insulation, flexibility, and others. The growth of the PVC segment is also attributed to its multiple uses.
Pipes projected to be the largest application in the construction plastics market
The pipes application is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2018 and 2023. This growth is mainly attributed to the properties of plastics, such as thermal conductivity, scratch resistance, durability, design freedom, flexibility, and insulation. Increasing demand for lightweight materials for use in the building & construction industry is driving the growth of the construction plastics market.
Asia Pacific projected to be the largest construction plastics market
The Asia Pacific construction plastics market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2018 and 2023. This growth is mainly attributed to the shift of major industries, such as building & construction from western regions to the Asia Pacific region, especially China and India, due to the availability of cheap labor, supportive government policies, and availability of natural resources. China is projected to be the largest contributor to the Asia Pacific construction plastics market.
Breakdown of primary interviews for the report on the construction plastics market:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 - 70%, Tier 2 -25%, and Tier 3 - 5%
- By Designation - C-Level Executives- 45%, Directors - 35%, and Others - 20%
- By Region - North America - 17%, Europe- 42%, Asia Pacific- 25%, South America- 8%, and Middle East & Africa - 8%
The leading construction plastics manufacturers, globally, profiled in this report are: DowDuPont (US), BASF SE (Germany), Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan), LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V. (Netherlands), Borealis AG (Austria), Solvay S.A. (Belgium), Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) (Saudi Arabia), Berry Plastics Corporation (US), and Total S.A. (France).
The report covers the construction plastics market on the basis of plastic types, application, and region. This report aims at estimating the size and future growth potential of the construction plastics market across various segmentation types. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key market players along with their profiles and key growth strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
From an insight perspective, this report has been focusing on various levels of analyses, which include industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles. These insights together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the construction plastics market, high-growth regions, and drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the construction plastics market.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on various plastic types used in building & construction offered by top players operating in the construction plastics market.
- Product Development/Innovation: A detailed insight into upcoming construction plastics, R&D activities, and new applications in the construction plastics market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative and emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for construction plastics across different regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the construction plastics market.
- Competitive Assessment: An in-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the construction plastics market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. UNITS CONSIDERED
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 188.8.131.52. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206. Key data from primary sources
- 220.127.116.11. Key industry insights
- 18.104.22.168. Breakdown of primary interviews
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3. DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- 2.4.1. ASSUMPTIONS
- 2.4.2. LIMITATIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE CONSTRUCTION PLASTICS MARKET
- 4.2. CONSTRUCTION PLASTICS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 4.3. CONSTRUCTION PLASTICS MARKET, BY END USER
- 4.4. CONSTRUCTION PLASTICS MARKET, BY REGION
- 4.5. ASIA PACIFIC CONSTRUCTION PLASTICS MARKET, BY PLASTIC TYPE AND COUNTRY
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 22.214.171.124. Increasing demand for PVC in building & construction industry
- 126.96.36.199. Increasing demand for Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) plastics
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 188.8.131.52. China's slowing economy
- 184.108.40.206. Prohibition of PVC products in green building
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing investments and financial attractiveness in emerging economies
- 18.104.22.168. High demand for construction plastics in Asia Pacific
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
- 22.214.171.124. Volatility in crude oil prices
- 5.3. PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.3.1. BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.3.2. THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.3.3. THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.3.4. BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.3.5. INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
6. CONSTRUCTION PLASTICS MARKET, BY END USER
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. NON-RESIDENTIAL
- 6.2.1. SHIFTING OF MANUFACTURERS FROM WESTERN REGIONS TO THE ASIA PACIFIC IS DRIVING THE GROWTH OF NON-RESIDENTIAL SECTOR
- 6.3. RESIDENTIAL
- 6.3.1. INCREASING USE OF INSULATION MATERIAL IS DRIVING THE GROWTH OF RESIDENTIAL SECTOR.
7. CONSTRUCTION PLASTICS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. PIPES
- 7.2.1. THE GROWING DEMAND FOR LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIALS IS DRIVING THE GROWTH OF PIPES APPLICATION.
- 7.3. WINDOWS & DOORS
- 7.3.1. NEW CONSTRUCTIONS AND RENOVATION PROJECTS IS DRIVING THE GROWTH OF WINDOWS & DOORS APPLICATION.
- 7.4. INSULATION MATERIALS
- 7.4.1. THERMAL RESISTANCE IN RESIDENTIAL SECTOR TO INCREASE THE GROWTH OF INSULATION MATERIALS APPLICATION.
- 7.5. OTHERS
- 7.5.1. EASE INSTALLATION OF PLASTICS IN CONSTRUCTION IS GROWING TO DRIVE THE CONSTRUCTION PLASTICS MARKET.
8. CONSTRUCTION PLASTICS MARKET, BY PLASTIC TYPE
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. EXPANDED POLYSTYRENE (EPS)
- 8.2.1. PROPERTIES SUCH AS TOUGH THERMOPLASTIC AND LIGHTWEIGHT IS GROWING THE EPS MARKET
- 8.3. POLYETHYLENE
- 8.3.1. ASIA PACIFIC IS THE LARGEST CONSUMER OF POLYETHYLENE IN CONSTRUCTION PLASTICS.
- 8.4. POLYPROPYLENE
- 8.4.1. INCREASING CONSUMPTION OF POLYPROPYLENE IN APPLICATIONS SUCH AS PIPES IS DRIVING THE GROWTH OF POLYPROPYLENE MARKET.
- 8.5. POLYVINYL CHLORIDE (PVC)
- 8.5.1. PROPERTIES OF PVC SUCH AS THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY IS DRIVING THE GROWTH OF PVC IN CONSTRUCTION PLASTICS
- 8.6. OTHERS
- 8.6.1. EMERGING ECONOMIES SUCH AS ASIA PACIFIC TO DRIVE THE GROWTH OF OTHERS SEGMENT.
9. REGIONAL ANALYSIS
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 9.2.1. US
- 126.96.36.199. The US is projected to lead the North American construction plastics market during the forecast period
- 9.2.2. CANADA
- 188.8.131.52. Increased number of infrastructure development projects to lead to the growth of the construction plastics market in Canada
- 9.2.3. MEXICO
- 184.108.40.206. Presence of shale gas reserves and production of petrochemicals are boosting the growth of the construction plastics market in Mexico
- 9.3. EUROPE
- 9.3.1. GERMANY
- 220.127.116.11. Increased government spending on infrastructure development projects to drive the growth of the Germany construction plastics market
- 9.3.2. TURKEY
- 18.104.22.168. Rapid urbanization and increased infrastructural investments to lead to the growth of the construction plastics market in Turkey
- 9.3.3. RUSSIA
- 22.214.171.124. Ongoing affordable housing projects are expected to drive the growth of the construction plastics market in Russia
- 9.3.4. FRANCE
- 126.96.36.199. Economic dynamism and excellent industrial base is expected to drive the growth of construction plastics market in France
- 9.3.5. ITALY
- 188.8.131.52. Favorable rules for new construction projects are expected to drive the growth of the construction plastics market in Italy
- 9.3.6. UK
- 184.108.40.206. Rising demand for plastics from residential and non-residential sectors is boosting the growth of the UK construction plastics market
- 9.3.7. REST OF EUROPE
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing infrastructural activities in Rest of Europe are projected to boost the growth of the construction plastics market in the region during the forecast period
- 9.4. ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.4.1. CHINA
- 18.104.22.168. China to lead the Asia Pacific construction plastics market during the forecast period
- 9.4.2. INDIA
- 22.214.171.124. Attractive government policies for foreign investments are driving the growth of construction plastics market in India
- 9.4.3. JAPAN
- 126.96.36.199. Increasing urbanization and capital investments in Japan to drive the growth of the construction plastics market in the country
- 9.4.4. SOUTH KOREA
- 188.8.131.52. Flourishing building & construction industry of South Korea to lead to the growth of the construction plastics market in the country
- 9.4.5. THAILAND
- 184.108.40.206. Increased number of construction activities in Thailand to lead to the growth of the construction plastics market in the country
- 9.4.6. REST OF ASIA
- 220.127.116.11. Improving economic conditions of countries of Rest of Asia Pacific are expected to drive the growth of the construction plastics market in the region
- 9.5. MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 9.5.1. SAUDI ARABIA
- 18.104.22.168. Flourishing construction industry of Saudi Arabia to lead to the growth of the construction plastics market in the country
- 9.5.2. IRAN
- 22.214.171.124. Increasing demand for residential and non-residential buildings in Iran is driving the growth of the Iran construction plastics market
- 9.5.3. UAE
- 126.96.36.199. The UAE is the most attractive destination for infrastructural investments, owing to its open business environment
- 9.5.4. REST OF MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 188.8.131.52. Countries of Rest of Middle East & Africa are attractive investment destinations due to ongoing improvements in their infrastructure
- 9.6. SOUTH AMERICA
- 9.6.1. BRAZIL
- 184.108.40.206. Increased private investments are expected to lead to the growth of the Brazil construction plastics market during the forecast period
- 9.6.2. ARGENTINA
- 220.127.116.11. Ongoing infrastructure development projects for improved housing and sanitation are fueling the growth of the Argentina construction plastics market
- 9.6.3. REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
- 18.104.22.168. Urbanization in countries of Rest of South America to drive the growth of the construction plastics market in the region
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. RANKING OF KEY MARKET PLAYERS, JANUARY 2013- NOVEMBER 2018
- 10.3. COMPETITIVE SITUATIONS & TRENDS
- 10.3.1. EXPANSIONS
- 10.3.2. ACQUISITIONS
- 10.3.3. NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS/LAUNCHES
- 10.3.4. AGREEMENTS
- 10.3.5. JOINT VENTURES/PARTNERSHIPS
- 10.3.6. MERGERS
- 10.3.7. INVESTMENTS
11. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Products, Key Insights, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 11.1. DOWDUPONT INC
- 11.2. BASF SE
- 11.3. ASAHI KASEI CORPORATION
- 11.4. LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES HOLDINGS B.V.
- 11.5. EXCELITE
- 11.6. ACH FOAM TECHNOLOGIES
- 11.7. BOREALIS AG
- 11.8. SOLVAY S.A.
- 11.9. FORMOSA PLASTICS CORPORATION
- 11.10. SAUDI BASIC INDUSTRIES CORPORATION (SABIC)
- 11.11. INEOS OLEFINS & POLYMERS USA
- 11.12. PLAZIT POLYGAL GROUP
- 11.13. JM EAGLE
- 11.14. BERRY PLASTICS CORPORATION
- 11.15. TOTAL S.A.
- 11.16. OTHER KEY PLAYERS
- 11.16.1. PJSC SIBUR HOLDING
- 11.16.2. SIGMA PLASTICS GROUP
- 11.16.3. AEP INDUSTRIES INC.
- 11.16.4. CHEVRON PHILLIPS CHEMICAL COMPANY LLC
- 11.16.5. ENGINEERED PROFILES LLC.
- 11.16.6. SAINT-GOBAIN S.A.
- 11.16.7. CHINA PETROCHEMICAL CORPORATION
- 11.16.8. SUMITOMO CHEMICAL
*Details on Business Overview, Products, Key Insights, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1. INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 12.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.3. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.4. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.5. RELATED REPORTS
- 12.6. AUTHOR DETAILS