Product Code: AS 6795
"Increasing demand for portable and wearable computers in battlefields and increasing modernization of weapons systems and network-centric warfare systems are driving the market for military computers globally"
The military computers market size is expected to grow from USD from USD 7.9 billion in 2018 to USD 10.5 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 5.85% during the forecast period. The market for military computers is driven by factors such as the modernization of weapon systems, demand for portable and rugged computers in battlefields, and the shift from traditional warfare toward network-centric warfare. The threats from cyberattacks are restraining the market because one minor problem in a system can hamper the entire military operation.
Rugged segment to grow at a higher CAGR as compared to embedded computers in the military computers market during the forecast period.
The rugged segment is projected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period due to the significant demand for rugged computers and wearables in military services across the globe. Militaries around the globe are focusing on deploying more portable and technologically-advanced computers in warzones. Ruggedness of military devices such of laptops, handhelds, and wearables is necessary to survive and function properly in extreme conditions such as extreme heat and cold.
Wearable segment under rugged type of military computers to grow at a higher CAGR in the military computers market during the forecast period.
Militaries around the world are showing interest in wearable computers for delivering fast and accurate information to soldiers on ground. The easy portability and accuracy in terms of information transfer are expected to drive this segment in the near future. Wearable technologies enable soldiers to either track or be tracked in real-time and great precision - which ensures their safety as well as diminishes the chances of failure in high-risk operations. Also, the easiness with which these devices can be carried by soldiers in warzones makes these devices preferable.
North American region shows the highest potential for military computers across the globe.
The military computers market is led by North America, as of 2018, owing to the high military budget of the US government and high level of sophistication and advancements in the technology of US military defense systems. As the US Army uses advanced systems, the scope of adoption of embedded computers is high. The undergoing R&D for the military weapons and equipment for the US Army would also drive the adoption of military computers.
Break-up of profiles of primary participants in the military computers market:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 35%, Tier 2 - 45%, and Tier 3 - 20%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives - 35%, Directors - 25%, and Others - 40%
- By Region: North America - 40%, Europe - 20%, Asia Pacific - 30%, Middle East - 5%, Rest of the World 5%
Major players in the military computers market include: Curtiss-Wright Corporation (US), Zebra Technologies Corp. (US), Cobham plc (UK), Saab (Sweden), Rockwell Collins, Inc (US), Thales Group (France), Northrop Grumman Corporation (US), Getac Technology Corporation (Taiwan), and Panasonic Corporation (Japan), among others.
The market study covers the military computers market and aims at estimating the size and growth potential of this market across different segments, namely, type, platform, and region. The study also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of key market players, along with their company profiles, key observations related to product and business offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market with information on the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall military computers market and its subsegments. This report will help stakeholders understand the competitive landscape and gain more insights to better position their businesses and to plan suitable go-to-market strategies. The report also helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 DEFINITION
- 1.3 STUDY SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2 REGIONAL SCOPE
- 1.3.3 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 LIMITATIONS
- 1.6 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 126.96.36.199 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 188.8.131.52 Key data from primary sources
- 184.108.40.206 Breakdown of primaries
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.3 MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES IN MILITARY COMPUTERS MARKET
- 4.2 MILITARY COMPUTER MARKET, BY TYPE
- 4.3 EMBEDDED MILITARY COMPUTERS MARKET, BY PLATFORM
- 4.4 MILITARY AIRCRAFT COMPUTERS MARKET, BY TYPE
- 4.5 MILITARY COMPUTERS MARKET, BY REGION
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.3 DRIVERS
- 5.3.1 INCREASED DEMAND FOR NEW AND ADVANCED ELECTRONIC COMBAT SYSTEMS
- 5.3.2 ADOPTION OF RUGGED WEARABLES AND HANDHELD DEVICES FOR EFFECTIVE BATTLEFIELD OPERATIONS
- 5.4 RESTRAINTS
- 5.4.1 RISK OF CYBERATTACKS ON COMPUTER-BASED DEFENSE SYSTEMS
- 5.5 OPPORTUNITIES
- 5.5.1 SCOPE FOR SOFTWARE INNOVATION IN MILITARY COMPUTERS
- 5.6 CHALLENGES
- 5.6.1 INCREASED COMPLEXITY IN THE DESIGNS OF ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTER SYSTEMS
6 INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.1.1 EMERGENCE OF COMMERCIAL OFF-THE-SHELF (COTS) PRODUCTS
- 6.1.2 MULTICORE PROCESSORS
- 6.1.3 SWAP-OPTIMIZED RUGGED COMPUTERS
- 6.2 PROCEDURE OF TESTING MILITARY RUGGED COMPUTERS
- 6.2.1 MIL-STD -810G TEST
- 6.2.2 INGRESS PROTECTION SCALE
7 MILITARY COMPUTERS MARKET, BY TYPE
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 RUGGED COMPUTERS
- 7.2.1 PORTABLE COMPUTERS
- 220.127.116.11 Rugged laptops
- 18.104.22.168 Rugged tablets
- 22.214.171.124 Rugged notebooks
- 126.96.36.199 Rugged handhelds
- 7.2.2 WEARABLE COMPUTERS
- 188.8.131.52 Rugged smart glasses
- 184.108.40.206 Wearable cuffs
- 7.3 EMBEDDED COMPUTERS
8 MILITARY COMPUTERS MARKET, BY PLATFORM
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 AIRBORNE
- 8.2.1 BY TYPE
- 220.127.116.11 Flight Control Computers (FCC)
- 18.104.22.168.1 Flight Augmentation Computers (FACs)
- 22.214.171.124.2 Flight Guidance Computers (FGC)
- 126.96.36.199.3 Flight Director Computers (FDC)
- 188.8.131.52.4 Air Data Computers
- 184.108.40.206.5 Sensor Management Computers (SMC)
- 220.127.116.11.6 Autopilot Computers
- 18.104.22.168.7 Fly-by-wire Computers
- 22.214.171.124 Engine control computers
- 126.96.36.199.1 Full Authority Digital Engine Control (Fadec)
- 188.8.131.52.2 Electronic Engine Control
- 184.108.40.206.3 Mission Control Computers
- 220.127.116.11.4 Flight Management Computers
- 18.104.22.168 Utility control computers
- 22.214.171.124.1 Central Maintenance Computers
- 126.96.36.199.2 Display Processing Computers
- 188.8.131.52.3 Fuel Management Computers
- 184.108.40.206 Navigational computers
- 220.127.116.11.1 Digital Map Computers (DMC)
- 18.104.22.168.2 Digital Video Map Computers (DVMC)
- 8.3 NAVAL
- 8.3.1 BY TYPE
- 22.214.171.124 Data recording computers
- 126.96.36.199.1 Voyage Data Recorders (VDR)
- 188.8.131.52.2 Mission Computers
- 184.108.40.206 Video and imagery computers
- 220.127.116.11.1 Radar Video Processors (RVP)
- 18.104.22.168.2 Beam Steering Computers
- 22.214.171.124 Positioning computers
- 126.96.36.199.1 Receiver Computers
- 188.8.131.52.2 Dead Reckoning Analyzer Indicator Computers
- 184.108.40.206.3 External Computers
- 220.127.116.11.4 Gridlock Computers
- 18.104.22.168.5 Naval Tactical Data System (NTDS) Computers
- 22.214.171.124 Intelligence system computers
- 126.96.36.199.1 Cabinet Processing Computers
- 188.8.131.52.2 Weather Extractor Computers (WEC)
- 184.108.40.206.3 Electronic warfare computers
- 220.127.116.11.4 Digital RF Memory (DRFM) Computer
- 18.104.22.168.5 Hull Electronics Computers
- 22.214.171.124.6 Fire control computers
- 126.96.36.199 Ship weapon system computers
- 188.8.131.52.1 Stores Management Computers (SMC)
- 184.108.40.206.2 Weapon Control Group Computers
- 220.127.116.11.3 Target Acquisition System (TAS) Computers
- 8.4 GROUND
- 8.4.1 GROUND MILITARY COMPUTERS, BY TYPE
- 18.104.22.168 Air Defense Computers
- 22.214.171.124.1 Weapon Control Computers (WCC)
- 126.96.36.199.2 Ballistic Computers
- 188.8.131.52.3 Command & Control Server Computers
- 184.108.40.206 Military Computers for Vehicles
- 220.127.116.11.1 Hull Electronics Computers
- 18.104.22.168.2 Fire Control Computers
- 22.214.171.124.3 Rugged Security Computers
- 126.96.36.199.4 Video Server and Processor Computers
- 188.8.131.52.5 Automated Computerized Mobility Equipment Computers (ACMEc)
9 REGIONAL ANALYSIS
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 9.2.1 US
- 184.108.40.206 Highest military budget in the world and heavy investment in research & development is driving the market for military computers in US
- 9.2.2 CANADA
- 220.127.116.11 High Focus on modernization of soldiers to drive the market for military computers in Canada
- 9.3 EUROPE
- 9.3.1 UK
- 18.104.22.168 The advancements in the fields of military automation and increasing investments in R&D is increasing the market for military computers in UK.
- 9.3.2 GERMANY
- 22.214.171.124 Various governments initiatives for automation in military applications and the deployment of German soldiers across the globe is expected to drive the market in this region
- 9.3.3 FRANCE
- 126.96.36.199 Increasing focus on modernization of ground forces and heavy orders for military aircrafts from different countries is driving the market for military computers
- 9.3.4 RUSSIA
- 188.8.131.52 Tensions with Ukraine and other NATO countries and contracts received from developing countries for military equipment's is increasing the market for military computers in this country.
- 9.3.5 REST OF EUROPE
- 184.108.40.206 Rapid militarization in the region by newly added NATO and allied countries is expected to drive the demand for military computers in countries such as Ukraine, Poland, and other small nations.
- 9.4 ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.4.1 CHINA
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing focus on modernization of soldiers and heavy investment in military assets and research & development for military segment is set to drive the market for China.
- 9.4.2 INDIA
- 18.104.22.168 Large number of defense contracts signed by India for procurement of defense equipment's is set to drive the market for military computers in India.
- 9.4.3 JAPAN
- 22.214.171.124 China's attempt to militaries the South China Sea is forcing japan to increase its military capabilities. This is set to Increase the military computer market for Japan.
- 9.4.4 AUSTRALIA
- 126.96.36.199 Rising defense spending is driving the market for military computer in Australia.
- 9.4.5 REST OF APAC
- 188.8.131.52 Technological advancements and increasing awareness among defense forces regarding the adoption of advanced computers technologies are expected to drive the growth of the military computers market
- 9.5 MIDDLE EAST
- 9.5.1 ISRAEL
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing counterterrorism activities in the country and rising defense exports of military hardware and systems are driving the military computers market in the country.
- 9.5.2 SAUDI ARABIA
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing investment in military and tension between Iran and Saudi Arabia is factoring the demand for military computers in this country.
- 9.5.3 UAE
- 18.104.22.168 Modernization of defense forces and counterterrorism measures are driving the UAE military computers market.
- 9.5.4 REST OF THE MIDDLE EAST
- 22.214.171.124 Growing unrest in Middle Eastern countries is expected to drive the military computers market in these region.
- 9.6 REST OF THE WORLD (ROW)
- 126.96.36.199 By rugged computers type
- 9.6.2 LATIN AMERICA
- 188.8.131.52 The growing adoption of military computers by Brazilian defense forces is expected to drive the growth of the military computers market in Latin America.
- 9.6.3 AFRICA
- 184.108.40.206 Rapid militarization and rising concerns regarding terrorism are expected to drive the growth of the military computers market in Africa.
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1 OVERVIEW
- 10.2 RANKING OF KEY PLAYERS IN MILITARY COMPUTERS MARKET, 2018
- 10.3 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 10.3.1 NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 10.3.2 ACQUISITIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
- 10.3.3 CONTRACTS & AGREEMENTS
11 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 11.1 BAE SYSTEMS
- 11.2 COBHAM
- 11.3 CURTISS-WRIGHT
- 11.4 ESTERLINE TECHNOLOGIES
- 11.5 SAAB AB
- 11.6 ROCKWELL COLLINS
- 11.7 THALES
- 11.8 SAFRAN
- 11.9 TELEDYNE TECHNOLOGIES
- 11.10 RAYTHEON
- 11.11 NORTHROP GRUMMAN
- 11.12 ELBIT SYSTEMS
- 11.13 L3 TECHNOLOGIES
- 11.14 GETAC TECHNOLOGY CORP.
- 11.15 ZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES CORP.
- 11.16 PANASONIC CORPORATION
- 11.17 KEY INNOVATORS
Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 12.5 AUTHOR DETAILS