Product Code: MD 6747
"The particle therapy market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period"
The global particle therapy market is projected to reach USD 1,349 million by 2023 from USD 865 million in 2018, at a CAGR of 9.3%. The growth of this market is largely driven by factors such as the various advantages offered by particle therapy over photon therapy, growing global prevalence of cancer, increasing adoption of particle therapy in clinical trials, and the increasing number of particle therapy centers worldwide.
"The cyclotrons segment is expected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period"
Based on type, the particle therapy products market is segmented into cyclotrons, synchrotrons, and synchrocyclotrons. The cyclotrons segment is expected to account for the largest share of this market in 2018. The development of technologically advanced systems, advantages offered by cyclotrons over other accelerators, and the growing adoption of cyclotrons among users are the major factors driving the growth of this market segment. Furthermore, the leading player in the particle therapy market with the strongest global footprint-IBA-majorly manufactures cyclotrons. This has greatly boosted the adoption of these products.
"The research applications segment is estimated to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period"
On the basis of application, the particle therapy market has been segmented into treatment and research applications. The research applications segment is estimated to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period due to factors such as the growing awareness about the research applications of particle therapy systems, development of cost-effective and technologically advanced diagnostic and therapeutic particle therapy systems, and the increasing industry-academia collaborations in the field of research.
"North America to account for the second-largest share of the global market in 2018"
The particle therapy market is segmented into four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. North America is expected to account for the second-largest share of the global particle therapy market in 2018. Technological advancements in the field of particle therapy, the rising incidence of cancer, easy accessibility to treatments, and the high adoption of advanced diagnostic technologies (owing to the significant per capita annual healthcare expenditure by the US and Canadian governments) are some of the key factors supporting the growth of the North American market. Furthermore, favorable government initiatives that are creating awareness and promoting the adoption of proton therapy among key end users are some of the other major factors driving the growth of the particle therapy market in North America.
Breakdown of supply-side primary interviews:
- By Company Type: Tier 1-25%, Tier 2-30%, and Tier 3-45%
- By Designation: C-level-26%, Director-level-30%, and Others-44%
- By Region: North America-35%, Europe-26%, APAC-23%, and RoW-16%
The major players in the market include: Ion Beam Applications SA (Belgium), Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (US), Hitachi, Ltd. (Japan), Provision Healthcare (US), Mevion Medical Systems, Inc. (US), Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd. (Japan), Optivus Proton Therapy, Inc. (US), ProTom International, Inc. (US), Advanced Oncotherapy Plc. (UK), and Danfysik A/S (Denmark).
This report studies the particle therapy market based on type, product & service, system, cancer type, application, and region. The report also studies factors (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) affecting market growth. It analyzes the opportunities and challenges in the market and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders. Furthermore, the report analyzes micromarkets with respect to their individual growth trends and forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four main regions (and the respective countries in these regions).
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
This report focuses on various levels of analysis-industry trends, market share of top players, and company profiles, which together form basic views and analyze the competitive landscape, emerging segments of the particle therapy market, and high-growth regions and their drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities. The report will help both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market and garner greater market shares.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 220.127.116.11. Key data from primary sources
- 18.104.22.168. Breakdown of primaries
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1. PRODUCT-BASED MARKET ESTIMATION
- 2.2.2. VOLUME-BASED MARKET ESTIMATION
- 2.2.3. PRIMARY RESEARCH VALIDATION
- 2.3. MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. RESEARCH LIMITATIONS AND ASSUMPTIONS
- 2.4.1. LIMITATIONS
- 2.4.2. ASSUMPTIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. PARTICLE THERAPY: MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2. REGIONAL ANALYSIS: PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET, BY PRODUCT & SERVICE
- 4.3. PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET SIZE, BY TYPE
- 4.4. PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET SIZE, BY CANCER TYPE
- 4.5. REGIONAL ANALYSIS: PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 4.6. PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET, BY REGION
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 22.214.171.124. Advantages offered by particle therapy over photon therapy
- 126.96.36.199. Growing global prevalence of cancer
- 188.8.131.52. Growing adoption of particle therapy in clinical trials
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing number of particle therapy centers worldwide
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 220.127.116.11. Infrastructural challenges in healthcare facilities
- 18.104.22.168. Affordability and accessibility of treatments
- 22.214.171.124. Unfavorable reimbursement policies and limited insurance coverage for particle therapy
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 126.96.36.199. Emerging markets
- 5.2.4. INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 188.8.131.52. GROWING ADOPTION OF PENCIL-BEAM SCANNING
6. PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET, BY TYPE
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. PROTON THERAPY
- 6.2.1. PROTON THERAPY IS INCREASINGLY BEING ADOPTED AS A PRIMARY TREATMENT MODE FOR VARIOUS CANCER TYPES
- 6.3. HEAVY ION THERAPY
- 6.3.1. THE USE OF HEAVY ION THERAPY IS STILL IN THE EXPERIMENTAL PHASE ACROSS MANY REGIONS
7. PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET, BY PRODUCT & SERVICE
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. PRODUCTS
- 7.2.1. CYCLOTRONS
- 184.108.40.206. Leading players in the particle therapy market mainly manufacture cyclotrons
- 7.2.2. SYNCHROTRONS
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing investments into the development of synchrotron facilities are contributing to market growth
- 7.2.3. SYNCHROCYCLOTRONS
- 18.104.22.168. The high space requirements of synchrocyclotrons are limiting their widespread adoption
- 7.3. SERVICES
8. PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET, BY SYSTEM
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. MULTI-ROOM SYSTEMS
- 8.2.1. LOWER SHIELDING REQUIREMENTS AND FASTER BEAM-SWITCHING CAPABILITIES OF MULTI-ROOM SYSTEMS ARE INCREASING INTEREST AMONG END USERS
- 8.3. SINGLE-ROOM SYSTEMS
- 8.3.1. COMPACT STRUCTURE AND REDUCED CAPITAL COSTS ARE LEADING TO HIGH GROWTH OF SINGLE-ROOM SYSTEMS
9. PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET, BY CANCER TYPE
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.1.1. PEDIATRIC CANCER
- 22.214.171.124. BETTER CONTROL OF RADIATION WITH PARTICLE THERAPY MAKES IT THE MOST SUITABLE TREATMENT MODE FOR PEDIATRIC CANCER
- 9.1.2. PROSTATE CANCER
- 126.96.36.199. PARTICLE THERAPY OFFERS A MINIMALLY INVASIVE ALTERNATIVE WITH INCREASED ACCURACY FOR PROSTATE CANCER TREATMENT
- 9.1.3. LUNG CANCER
- 188.8.131.52. RISING NUMBER OF CLINICAL TRIALS TO OPTIMIZE THE USE OF PARTICLE THERAPY FOR LUNG CANCER IS DRIVING THE GROWTH OF THE MARKET
- 9.1.4. BREAST CANCER
- 184.108.40.206. LIMITED RADIATION EXPOSURE WITH REDUCED SIDE-EFFECTS IS INCREASING THE ADOPTION OF PARTICLE THERAPY FOR BREAST CANCER
- 9.1.5. HEAD AND NECK CANCER
- 220.127.116.11. THE USE OF PENCIL-BEAM SCANNING FOR PROTON THERAPY SUPPORTS MARKET GROWTH FOR THIS SEGMENT
- 9.1.6. OTHER CANCERS
10. PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. TREATMENT APPLICATIONS
- 10.2.1. INTRODUCTION OF SMALL FOOTPRINT SINGLE-ROOM PARTICLE THERAPY CENTRES IS PROMOTING THE ADOPTION OF PARTICLE THERAPY FOR CANCER TREATMENT
- 10.3. RESEARCH APPLICATIONS
- 10.3.1. INCREASING AVAILABILITY OF FUNDING FOR PARTICLE THERAPY-RELATED RESEARCH PROJECTS IS PROVIDING GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES IN RESEARCH APPLICATIONS
11. PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET, BY REGION
- 11.1. INTRODUCTION
- 11.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 11.2.1. US
- 18.104.22.168. Growing number of particle therapy centers in the US to drive market growth
- 11.2.2. CANADA
- 22.214.171.124. Canadian government undertaking initiatives to include particle therapy as a treatment method
- 11.3. EUROPE
- 11.3.1. FRANCE
- 126.96.36.199. Increasing healthcare expenditure in France is supporting the adoption of particle therapy products
- 11.3.2. GERMANY
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing research in the field of proton & heavy ion therapy to drive the growth of the particle therapy market in Germany
- 11.3.3. UK
- 184.108.40.206. Cyclotrons segment dominated the particle therapy market in the UK
- 11.3.4. REST OF EUROPE
- 11.4. ASIA PACIFIC
- 11.4.1. JAPAN
- 220.127.116.11. Japan is the largest user of heavy ion therapy for the treatment of various types of cancers
- 11.4.2. CHINA
- 18.104.22.168. Growing interest of major market players to increase their presence in China will drive the growth of the particle therapy market in the country
- 11.4.3. INDIA
- 22.214.171.124. Leading product manufacturers are entering the Indian particle therapy market owing to the high growth opportunities in the country
- 11.4.4. REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 11.5. REST OF THE WORLD
- 11.5.1. INADEQUATE HEALTHCARE INFRASTRUCTURE IS RESTRAINING THE WIDESPREAD ADOPTION OF PARTICLE THERAPY IN THE REGION
12. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 12.1. INTRODUCTION
- 12.2. MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- 12.3. COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 12.3.1. PRODUCT LAUNCHES AND APPROVALS
- 12.3.2. ACQUISITIONS
- 12.3.3. EXPANSIONS
- 12.3.4. AGREEMENTS AND COLLABORATIONS
13. COMPANY PROFILES: PARTICLE THERAPY MARKET (Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, MnM View)*
- 13.1. VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
- 13.2. ION BEAM APPLICATIONS SA (IBA)
- 13.3. MEVION MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
- 13.4. PROVISION HEALTHCARE, LLC
- 13.5. SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- 13.6. HITACHI, LTD.
- 13.7. OPTIVUS PROTON THERAPY, INC.
- 13.8. PROTOM INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- 13.9. ADVANCED ONCOTHERAPY PLC.
- 13.10. DANFYSIK A/S
*Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 14.1. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 14.2. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 14.3. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 14.4. RELATED REPORTS
- 14.5. AUTHOR DETAILS