Product Code: CH 5785
"The acetonitrile market is projected to reach USD 277.1 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 4.8% between 2017 and 2022."
The acetonitrile market is projected to grow from 219.2 million in 2017 to USD 277.1 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period. Increased demand for recrystallization of drugs from the pharmaceutical industry is fueling the growth of the acetonitrile market across the globe. Moreover, flourishing analytical industry is also leading to the growth of the acetonitrile market. However, a limited number of direct production facilities across the globe acts as a restraint to the growth of the acetonitrile market.
"The derivative type segment of the acetonitrile market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, in terms of value."
Based on type, the acetonitrile market has been classified into derivative and solvent. In terms of value, the derivative type segment of the acetonitrile market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2022. The growth of this segment of the market can be attributed increased use of acetonitrile in the pharmaceutical industry for manufacturing Vitamin B1 and sulfa pyrimidine. It is also used as a starting material for the synthesis of several chemicals such as alpha-naphthyl acetic acid, thiamine, acetophenone, and acetomidine.
"The Asia Pacific acetonitrile market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2022, in terms of value."
In terms of value, the Asia Pacific acetonitrile market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the Asia Pacific acetonitrile market can be attributed to the increased use of acetonitrile in the pharmaceutical and analytical industry applications. The Asia Pacific region is the most promising market for acetonitrile, and this trend is projected to continue in the coming years as well. Japan, China, and India are the major consumers of acetonitrile in the Asia Pacific region.
In the process of determining and verifying the size of several segments and subsegments of the acetonitrile market that was gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with the key industry personnel. The break-up of profiles of primary participants has been given below.
BREAKDOWN OF PROFILES OF PRIMARY PARTICIPANTS:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 35%, Tier 2 - 41%, and Tier 3 - 24%
- By Designation: C Level - 56%, Director Level - 28%, and Others - 16%
- By Region: Asia Pacific - 33%, North America - 27%, Europe - 20%, the Middle East & Africa - 13%, and Latin America - 7%
INEOS AG (Switzerland), Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan), Nova Molecular Technologies (US), Formosa Plastics Corporation (Taiwan), Avantor Performance Materials LLC (US), and Imperial Chemical Corporation (Taiwan) are some of the leading companies operating in the acetonitrile market.
This report offers an overview of the trends, drivers, and barriers for the acetonitrile market. It also provides a detailed overview of the acetonitrile market across five regions, namely, Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. The report categorizes the acetonitrile market based on type, application, and region. A detailed profile analysis of the leading players of the acetonitrile market, along with key growth strategies adopted by them is also covered in this report.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
This report covers the following key aspects:
- What will be the size of the acetonitrile market by 2022 and what will be its growth rate during forecast period from 2017 to 2022
- What are the key trends in the acetonitrile market
- What are the factors expected to drive the growth of the acetonitrile market
- What are the barriers expected to impact the growth of the acetonitrile market
- Who are the key players in the acetonitrile market
This report covers acetonitrile market for five key regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and Latin America, along with their respective key countries.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. UNIT CONSIDERED
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 22.214.171.124. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 126.96.36.199. Key data from primary sources
- 188.8.131.52. Key industry insights
- 184.108.40.206. Breakdown of primary interviews
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1. BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2. TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.3. DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. ASSUMPTIONS
- 2.5. LIMITATIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. ATTRACTIVE GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES IN THE ACETONITRILE MARKET
- 4.2. ACETONITRILE MARKET, BY TYPE
- 4.3. ACETONITRILE MARKET, BY APPLICATION AND REGION
- 4.4. ACETONITRILE MARKET, BY TYPE
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 220.127.116.11. High demand for acetonitrile for drug recrystallization
- 18.104.22.168. Majorly used organic solvent in HPLC applications
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 22.214.171.124. Acrylonitrile-acetonitrile by-product relationship
- 126.96.36.199. Increasing demand for substitute product Prionil
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing use of acetonitrile in different applications
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
- 184.108.40.206. Requirement of technically skilled staff to handle and use acetonitrile
- 5.3. PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.3.1. THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.3.2. THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.3.3. BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.3.4. BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.3.5. INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
6. ACETONITRILE MARKET, BY TYPE
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. DERIVATIVE
- 6.3. SOLVENT
7. ACETONITRILE MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. PHARMACEUTICAL
- 7.3. ANALYTICAL INDUSTRY
- 7.4. AGROCHEMICAL
- 7.5. EXTRACTION
- 7.6. OTHERS
8. ACETONITRILE MARKET, BY REGION
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. ASIA PACIFIC
- 8.2.1. CHINA
- 8.2.2. INDIA
- 8.2.3. JAPAN
- 8.2.4. SOUTH KOREA
- 8.2.5. AUSTRALIA
- 8.2.6. REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 8.3. EUROPE
- 8.3.1. GERMANY
- 8.3.2. FRANCE
- 8.3.3. UK
- 8.3.4. RUSSIA
- 8.3.5. ITALY
- 8.3.6. SPAIN
- 8.3.7. REST OF EUROPE
- 8.4. NORTH AMERICA
- 8.5. LATIN AMERICA
- 8.5.1. MEXICO
- 8.5.2. BRAZIL
- 8.5.3. ARGENTINA
- 8.5.4. REST OF LATIN AMERICA
- 8.6. MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.6.1. SOUTH AFRICA
- 8.6.2. UAE
- 8.6.3. SAUDI ARABIA
- 8.6.4. REST OF MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 9.1. OVERVIEW
- 9.2. MARKET RANKING ANALYSIS
- 9.3. COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 9.3.1. EXPANSIONS
- 9.3.2. JOINT VENTURES
- 9.3.3. ACQUISITIONS
10. COMPANY PROFILES (Overview, Financial*, Products & Services, Strategy, and Developments)
- 10.1. INEOS AG
- 10.2. ASAHI KASEI CORPORATION
- 10.3. FORMOSA PLASTIC CORPORATION
- 10.4. IMPERIAL CHEMICAL CORPORATION
- 10.5. NOVA MOLECULAR TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 10.6. TEDIA COMPANY, INC.
- 10.7. AVANTOR PERFORMANCE MATERIALS, LLC
- 10.8. SHANGHAI SECCO PETROCHEMICAL COMPANY LIMITED
- 10.9. QINGDAO SHIDA CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- 10.10. NANTONG ACETIC ACID CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- 10.11. TAEKWANG INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD
- 10.12. CONNECT CHEMICALS GMBH
- 10.13. OTHER COMPANIES
- 10.13.1. CONCORD TECHNOLOGY (TIANJIN) CO., LTD.
- 10.13.2. BIOSOLVE CHIMIE
- 10.13.3. GFS CHEMICALS, INC.
- 10.13.4. HUNAN CHEM. EUROPE BV
- 10.13.5. JILIN PROVINCIAL CHEMICALS IMPORT & EXPORT CO., LTD.
- 10.13.6. ALFA AESAR
- 10.13.7. HONEYWELL RESEARCH CHEMICALS
- 10.13.8. MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL CORPORATION
- 10.13.9. PHARMCO-AAPER
- 10.13.10. ZIBO LUZHONG CHEMICAL AND LIGHT INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
- 10.13.11. ROBINSON BROTHERS
- 10.13.12. STANDARD REAGENTS PVT. LTD.
*Details might not be captured in case of unlisted companies
- 11.1. INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 11.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 11.3. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 11.4. INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 11.5. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 11.6. RELATED REPORTS
- 11.7. AUTHOR DETAILS