Product Code: AT 5572
"Increase in adoption of advanced technologies to trigger the demand for automotive secondary wiring harness market"
The automotive secondary wiring harness market is projected to reach a market size of USD 33.78 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 20.96% from 2017 to 2022. The automotive technology has evolved tremendously in the recent years and that has led to an increase in the number of complex and high-end electric & electronic systems used in vehicle. Technologies such as advanced infotainment system and safety and security system have increased the installation rate of secondary wiring harnesses in a vehicle. New technology innovators are entering the automotive market with new, complex technologies that will raise the usage of wiring harness. Hence, increased preferences for high-end electronics is driving the demand for secondary wiring harness.
"The cabin harness application segment is estimated to be the largest segment"
The cabin harness application segment is estimated to be the largest segment, by application, of the automotive secondary wiring harness market in 2017, in terms of value. The demand for automotive secondary wiring harness in cabin harness application is increasing because of the increase in high technology systems like infotainment systems and embedded systems.
"The automotive secondary wiring harness market for passenger cars is estimated to be the fastest growing segment"
The automotive secondary wiring harness market for passenger cars segment is estimated to hold the largest market size during the forecast period. This is due to the huge production of passenger cars in countries such as China and India. The huge production of passenger cars can be attributed to the government incentives and schemes such as introduction of free trade zones and tax cuts. This has also helped to drive the overall automotive secondary wiring harness market and has favored the implementation of customer-focused features such as better comfort, advanced infotainment systems, and safety in passenger cars at an affordable price.
"Asia Pacific is estimated to be the largest market in terms of value"
In 2017, the largest regional market for automotive secondary wiring harness is the Asia Pacific market, which holds the major market share of the global automotive secondary wiring harness market, by value and volume. This can be attributed to the increasing sale of electric vehicles in this region. Emerging countries such as China, India, and South Korea are now focusing on fuel efficiency by reducing the overall weight of the vehicles to meet the emission standards. These factors have contributed to make Asia Pacific the largest market.
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts, ranging from automotive secondary wiring harness manufacturers to automobile component manufacturers and various automotive associations. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1-63%, Tier 2-26%, and Tier 3-11%
- By Designation: C Level-62%, D Level-28%, and Others-10%
- By Region: North America-46%, Europe-28%, Asia Pacific-18%, RoW-8%
Players Profiled in the Report are:
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (Japan)
- Lear Corporation. (US)
- Delphi Automotive LLP. (UK)
- Yazaki Corporation. (Japan)
- Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Leoni AG (Germany)
- Nexans (France)
- THB Group. (China)
- Spark Minda, Ashok Minda Group (India)
- Samvardhana Motherson Group. (India)
The report covers the automotive secondary wiring harness market based on application type (engine harness, cabin (interiors), door harness, airbag harness, electronic parking brakes, electronic gear shift system), by vehicle type, by electric vehicle, and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report provides insights about the following points:
- Market Penetration: The report provides comprehensive information about automotive secondary wiring harness offered by the top players in the industry.
- Regulatory Framework: The report gives detailed insights into wiring harness norms leading to application of vehicle segment, and the effect of the regulations on the market.
- Market Development: The report provides comprehensive information about various automotive secondary wiring harness technology trends. It analyzes the markets for various automotive secondary wiring harness technologies across the countries.
- Market Diversification: The report provides exhaustive information about emerging technologies, recent developments, and investments in the automotive secondary wiring harness market.
- Competitive Assessment: The report gives in-depth assessment of strategies, services, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the automotive secondary wiring harness market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. PACKAGE SIZE
- 1.6. LIMITATIONS
- 1.7. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.2. SECONDARY DATA
- 2.2.1. KEY SECONDARY SOURCES
- 2.3. PRIMARY DATA
- 2.3.1. SAMPLING TECHNIQUES & DATA COLLECTION METHODS
- 2.3.2. PRIMARY PARTICIPANTS
- 2.4. FACTOR ANALYSIS
- 2.4.1. INTRODUCTION
- 2.4.2. DEMAND-SIDE ANALYSIS
- 184.108.40.206. Urbanization percentage
- 220.127.116.11. Rising advanced technologies
- 18.104.22.168. Electrification of vehicle
- 2.4.3. SUPPLY-SIDE ANALYSIS
- 22.214.171.124. Stringent emission norms
- 126.96.36.199. Complex electronic systems
- 2.5. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.6. DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.7. ASSUMPTIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. INTRODUCTION
- 4.2. OPPORTUNITIES IN THE AUTOMOTIVE SECONDARY WIRING HARNESS MARKET
- 4.3. AUTOMOTIVE SECONDARY WIRING HARNESS MARKET, BY VEHICLE TYPE
- 4.4. AUTOMOTIVE SECONDARY WIRING HARNESS MARKET, BY APPLICATION TYPE
- 4.5. AUTOMOTIVE SECONDARY WIRING HARNESS MARKET, BY ELECTRIC VEHICLE TYPE
- 4.6. AUTOMOTIVE SECONDARY WIRING HARNESS MARKET, BY REGION
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 188.8.131.52. Rising demand for EVs
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing vehicle production
- 220.127.116.11. Complex electronic systems in vehicle
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 18.104.22.168. Wiring harness corrosion
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 22.214.171.124. Opportunities in autonomous vehicle technology
- 126.96.36.199. Security and safety mandates in various countries globally
- 188.8.131.52. Increase in retrofit of various systems in vehicles
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
- 184.108.40.206. Rising demand of PCB in automotive
- 220.127.116.11. Fluctuating raw material prices
- 18.104.22.168. High cost of advanced technology systems
- 22.214.171.124. Industry shifting towards light weight wiring harness
- 5.3. INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 5.3.1. PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD (PCB)
- 126.96.36.199. PCB application in automotive industry
6. AUTOMOTIVE SECONDARY WIRING HARNESS MARKET, BY APPLICATION TYPE
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. CABIN (INTERIOR)
- 6.2.1. INFOTAINMENT
- 6.2.2. LIGHTING
- 6.2.3. SEAT HARNESS
- 6.2.4. STEERING WHEEL HARNESS
- 6.3. DOOR HARNESS
- 6.3.1. DOOR HANDLE HARNESS
- 6.3.2. POWER DOOR LOCK HARNESS
- 6.3.3. POWER MIRROR
- 6.4. ENGINE HARNESS
- 6.5. AIRBAG HARNESS
- 6.6. ELECTRONIC GEAR SHIFT SYSTEM
- 6.7. ELECTRONIC PARKING BRAKES
7. AUTOMOTIVE SECONDARY WIRING HARNESS MARKET, BY VEHICLE TYPE
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.1.1. PASSENGER CAR
- 7.1.2. LIGHT COMMERCIAL VEHICLE (LCV)
- 7.1.3. HEAVY COMMERCIAL VEHICLE (HCV)
8. AUTOMOTIVE SECONDARY WIRING HARNESS, BY ELECTRIC VEHICLE TYPE
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.1.1. BATTERY ELECTRIC VEHICLE (BEV)
- 8.1.2. HYBRID ELECTRIC VEHICLE (HEV)
- 8.1.3. PLUG-IN HYBRID VEHICLE (PHEV)
9. AUTOMOTIVE SECONDARY WIRING HARNESS MARKET, BY REGION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.2.1. CHINA
- 9.2.2. JAPAN
- 9.2.3. INDIA
- 9.2.4. SOUTH KOREA
- 9.3. EUROPE
- 9.3.1. GERMANY
- 9.3.2. FRANCE
- 9.3.3. UK
- 9.3.4. ITALY
- 9.4. NORTH AMERICA
- 9.4.1. US
- 9.4.2. CANADA
- 9.4.3. MEXICO
- 9.5. REST OF THE WORLD (ROW)
- 9.5.1. BRAZIL
- 9.5.2. RUSSIA
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1. MARKET RANKING ANALYSIS: AUTOMOTIVE SECONDARY WIRING HARNESS
- 10.2. EXPANSIONS
- 10.3. NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES/ DEVELOPMENT
- 10.4. JOINT VENTURES & ACQUISITION
- 10.5. SUPPLY CONTRACT
11. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Recent Developments)*
- 11.1. SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- 11.2. LEAR CORPORATION.
- 11.3. DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE LLP
- 11.4. YAZAKI CORPORATION
- 11.5. FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
- 11.6. NEXANS
- 11.7. SAMVARDHANA MOTHERSON GROUP.
- 11.8. LEONI AG
- 11.9. THB GROUP
- 11.10. SPARK MINDA, ASHOK MINDA GROUP
*Details on Business Overview, Recent Developments might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1. KEY INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 12.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.3. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.4. INTRODUCING RT: REAL TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 12.5. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATION
- 12.6. RELATED REPORTS
- 12.7. AUTHOR DETAILS