Product Code: CH 5528
"The medical adhesive tapes market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.69% between 2017 and 2022"
The medical adhesive tapes market is expected to grow from an estimated USD 6.64 billion in 2017 to USD 8.76 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 5.69% between 2017 and 2022. Significant growth has been observed in applications such as surgeries, wound dressings, secure IV lines, splints, and ostomy seals which is expected to fuel the growth of the medical adhesive tapes market due to the ease of use and wide availability.
Among backing materials, the fabric medical adhesive tapes segment is expected to lead the medical adhesive tapes market
Fabric medical tapes are made of either polyester, cotton, taffeta, or a combination of fibers which are coated with adhesives allowing the dressing to stick to the body surface. Fabric medical adhesive tapes find applications in securing dressings, catheters, tubing, and other medical purposes. Their strength, along with elasticity enable use on body areas such as the biceps, which expand and contract with movement. Due to the fabric backing, doctors or surgeons can mark them with pens to tag surgical scrubs and other equipment.
The secure IV lines application segment of the medical adhesive tapes market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Among applications, the secure IV lines segment in the medical adhesive tapes market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2022. These are useful due to factors such as increased security, decreased risk of infection, and improved site visibility.
The Asia Pacific medical adhesive tapes market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Among regions, the Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing medical adhesive tapes market. Growth is mainly attributed to high-growth economies such as China, India, Taiwan, and other smaller countries, such as Indonesia, Vietnam, and Malaysia. China is the leading market in terms of the demand for medical adhesive tapes in the Asia Pacific.
Breakup of Primary Interviews:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 50%, Tier 2 - 25%, and Tier 3 - 25%
- By Designation: D-level - 42%, C-level - 16%, and Others - 42%
- By Region: North America -17%, Europe - 33%, Asia Pacific - 42%, South America and Middle East & Africa - 8%
3M Company (US), Medtronic Plc (Ireland), Nitto Denko Corporation (Japan), Johnson & Johnson (US), Smith & Nephew Plc (UK), Nichiban Co., Ltd. (Japan), PAUL HARTMANN AG (Germany), and Avery Dennison Corporation (US) are the key players operating in the medical adhesive tapes market.
This report provides a detailed segmentation of the medical adhesive tapes market on the basis of resin type, backing material, application, and region. With respect to resin type, the market has been segmented into acrylic, silicone, and rubber medical adhesive tapes. Based on backing material, the market has been segmented into chemical, paper, fabric, plastic, and others. Based on application, the market has been segmented into surgeries, wound dressings, secure IV lines, splints, and ostomy seals. Based on region, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses-industry analysis (industry trends), competitive landscape analysis of top players in the medical adhesive tapes market, and company profiles. These insights together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the medical adhesive tapes market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, opportunities, and challenges.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on medical adhesive tapes offered by the top players in the medical adhesive tapes market
- Product Development/Innovations: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the medical adhesive tapes market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets - the report analyzes the market for medical adhesive tapes across varied regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the medical adhesive tapes market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the medical adhesive tapes market
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. PACKAGE SIZE
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 188.8.131.52. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206. Key data from primary sources
- 220.127.116.11. Key industry insights
- 18.104.22.168. Breakdown of primary interviews
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1. BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2. TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.3. DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. ASSUMPTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- 2.4.1. ASSUMPTIONS
- 2.4.2. LIMITATIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE MEDICAL ADHESIVE TAPES MARKET
- 4.2. MEDICAL ADHESIVE TAPES MARKET, BY RESIN TYPE
- 4.3. MEDICAL ADHESIVE TAPES MARKET, BY APPLICATION AND COUNTRIES IN ASIA-PACIFIC
- 4.4. MEDICAL ADHESIVE TAPES MARKET, BY COUNTRY
- 4.5. MEDICAL ADHESIVE TAPES MARKET, DEVELOPED VS. DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 22.214.171.124. Growth in surgical procedures/operations
- 126.96.36.199. Increasing aging population
- 188.8.131.52. High demand for medical adhesive tapes in Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.2. OPPORTUNITIES
- 184.108.40.206. Healthcare sector in emerging markets
- 5.2.3. CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing price pressure on market players
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing awareness about advanced wound care products
- 5.3. PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.3.1. INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
- 5.3.2. BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.3.3. BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.3.4. THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.3.5. THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.4. PATENT DETAILS
- 5.5. MACRO ECONOMIC OVERVIEW AND KEY TRENDS
- 5.5.1. TRENDS AND FORECAST OF GDP
- 22.214.171.124. Economic Outlook of the U.S.
- 126.96.36.199. Economic Outlook of Germany
- 188.8.131.52. Economic Outlook of China
- 184.108.40.206. Economic Outlook of India
6. MEDICAL ADHESIVE TAPES MARKET, BY BACKING MATERIAL
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. PAPER TAPES
- 6.3. FABRIC TAPES
- 6.4. PLASTIC TAPES
- 6.5. OTHER TAPES
7. MEDICAL ADHESIVE TAPES MARKET, BY RESIN TYPE
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. ACRYLIC
- 7.3. SILICONE
- 7.4. RUBBER
- 7.5. OTHERS
8. MEDICAL ADHESIVE TAPES MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. SURGERY
- 8.3. WOUND DRESSING
- 8.4. SPLINTS
- 8.5. SECURE IV LINES
- 8.6. OSTOMY SEALS
- 8.7. OTHER APPLICATIONS
- 8.7.1. BURN INJURY TREATMENT
- 8.7.2. SPORT RELATED FATALITIES
9. MEDICAL ADHESIVE TAPES MARKET, BY REGION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 9.2.1. U.S.
- 9.2.2. CANADA
- 9.2.3. MEXICO
- 9.3. EUROPE
- 9.3.1. GERMANY
- 9.3.2. ITALY
- 9.3.3. U.K.
- 9.3.4. BENELUX
- 9.3.5. FRANCE
- 9.3.6. SPAIN
- 9.3.7. POLAND
- 9.3.8. REST OF EUROPE
- 9.4. ASIA-PACIFIC
- 9.4.1. CHINA
- 9.4.2. INDIA
- 9.4.3. JAPAN
- 9.4.4. SOUTH KOREA
- 9.4.5. TAIWAN
- 9.4.6. MALAYSIA
- 9.4.7. INDONESIA
- 9.4.8. REST OF ASIA-PACIFIC
- 9.5. SOUTH AMERICA
- 9.5.1. BRAZIL
- 9.5.2. ARGENTINA
- 9.5.3. COLOMBIA
- 9.5.4. OTHER SOUTH AMERICAN COUNTRIES
- 9.6. MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 9.6.1. UAE
- 9.6.2. SAUDI ARABIA
- 9.6.3. SOUTH AFRICA
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 10.2.1. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 10.2.2. INNOVATORS
- 10.2.3. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 10.2.4. EMERGING COMPANIES
- 10.3. COMPETITIVE BENCHMARKING
- 10.3.1. STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 10.3.2. BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE
- 10.4. KEY PLAYER RANKING
- 10.4.1. MARKET RANKING OF KEY PLAYERS (2016)
11. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Products Offered, Scorecard of Product Offering, Scorecard of Business Strategy, and New Product Launch*)
- 11.1. 3M COMPANY
- 11.2. MEDTRONIC PLC
- 11.3. MEDLINE INDUSTRIES, INC.
- 11.4. NITTO DENKO CORPORATION
- 11.5. JOHNSON & JOHNSON
- 11.6. SMITH & NEPHEW PLC
- 11.7. NICHIBAN CO., LTD.
- 11.8. SCAPA GROUP PLC
- 11.9. PAUL HARTMANN AG
- 11.10. AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
- 11.11. ADDITIONAL COMPANIES
- 11.11.1. LOHMANN GMBH & CO.KG
- 11.11.2. MACTAC, LLC
- 11.11.3. ADCHEM CORPORATION
- 11.11.4. MERCATOR MEDICAL S.A.
- 11.11.5. JIANGSU NANFANG MEDICAL CO., LTD.
- 11.11.6. DERMAMED COATINGS COMPANY, LLC
- 11.11.7. LIBATAPE PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD.
- 11.11.8. CCT TAPES
- 11.11.9. SEYITLER KIMYA SAN. INC.
- 11.11.10. GERGONNE - THE ADHESIVE SOLUTION
- 11.11.11. DERMARITE INDUSTRIES, LLC.
- 11.11.12. A.M.G. MEDICAL INC.
- 11.11.13. STERIMED MEDICAL DEVICES PVT. LTD.
- 11.11.14. PINNACLE TECHNOLOGIES
- 11.11.15. WUXI BEYON MEDICAL PRODUCTS CO., LTD.
*Details might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.1. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.2. INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 12.3. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.4. RELATED REPORTS
- 12.5. AUTHOR DETAILS