Product Code: SE 5475
"The traffic sensor market is likely to grow at a CAGR of 8.94% between 2017 and 2023"
The traffic sensor market is expected to grow from USD 228.0 million in 2017 to USD 381.3 million by 2023, at a CAGR of 8.94% during 2017-2023. The market growth can be attributed to several factors such as the growing need for real-time information systems, government initiatives to modify transport infrastructure, and the increasing urbanization and population. The major restraint for the traffic sensor is the high cost and fulfillment of fundamental requirements for the installation of nonintrusive sensors.
"Inductive loop to hold the largest market share and size, in terms of value, for the traffic sensor market during the forecast period"
Inductive loops are among the most accurate technologies in vehicle counting, and they meet stringent vehicle flow error specifications required for the intelligent transportation system applications. The use of inductive loops with other sensor systems, such as cameras, for attaining a higher efficiency is one of the factors contributing to the largest share of these sensors in the traffic sensor market.
"North America holds the largest share market in 2017, while the market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period"
In North America, various traffic problems are increasing day by day due to the increase in a number of vehicles despite a large number of developments during the 2 decades in the field of roadways infrastructure. As a result, the focus of countries all over the world is shifting from the infrastructure development to the best use of infrastructure facilities available. Also, various countries in North America such as the US, Canada, and Mexico have started addressing the traffic issues using traffic sensors for the purposes such as resolving traffic congestion, automation of tolls, vehicle detection, traffic control, and traffic management. Also, various initiatives by several governments to implement various traffic management solutions and intelligent transportation systems.
Various countries in APAC have started addressing traffic issues using traffic sensors for as resolving traffic congestion, automation of tolls, vehicle detection, traffic control, and traffic management. The market in APAC has a high growth potential. The demand for traffic sensors in APAC is significantly driven by the strong economic growth, rising population, and rapid urbanization.
Breakdown of primary participants' profile by different parameters:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 30%, Tier 2 - 45%, and Tier 3 -25%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives - 35%, Directors - 45%, and Others -20%
- By Region: North America - 50%, Europe - 30%, APAC - 10%, and RoW -10%
The key players operating in this market are Kapsch TrafficCom AG (Austria), International Road Dynamics, Inc. (Canada), FLIR Systems, Inc. (US), TE Connectivity Ltd. (Switzerland), Kistler Group (Switzerland), SWARCO AG (Austria), Sick AG (Germany), LeddarTech Inc. (Canada), Axis Communication AB (Sweden), Raytheon Company (US), Sensys Networks, Inc. (US), and Siemens AG (Germany).
In this report, various segments such as sensor type, application, and geography have been covered. Moreover, the report discusses the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for the traffic sensor market players. Furthermore, the report provides a detailed view of the market across four main regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW). A competitive analysis section has been included in the report, which provides the details of the visionary leaders, innovators, dynamic differentiators, and emerging players in the traffic sensor market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
- This report includes the statistics pertaining to the traffic sensor market in terms of sensor type, application, and geography, along with their respective market size (in terms of value for the components segment).
- The competitive analysis section provides the details of the visionary leaders, innovators, dynamic differentiators, and emerging players in the traffic sensor market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for the traffic sensor market players.
- The report includes the illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast of the traffic sensor market based on its segments and subsegments.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. STUDY OBJECTIVES
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. STUDY SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THIS STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 220.127.116.11. Key data from primary sources
- 18.104.22.168. Key industry insights
- 22.214.171.124. Breakdown of primaries
- 2.2. DEMAND-SIDE AND SUPPLY-SIDE ANALYSIS OF THE TRAFFIC SENSOR MARKET
- 2.2.1. DEMAND-SIDE ANALYSIS
- 126.96.36.199. Total number of vehicles produced
- 2.2.2. SUPPLY-SIDE ANALYSIS
- 188.8.131.52. Development of efficient communication technologies
- 2.3. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3.1. BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.3.2. TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.4. MARKET BREAKDOWN & DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.5. RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. ATTRACTIVE MARKET OPPORTUNITIES IN THE TRAFFIC SENSOR MARKET
- 4.2. TRAFFIC SENOR MARKET, BY SENSOR TYPE, 2017 VS. 2023(USD MILLION)
- 4.3. TRAFFIC SENSOR MARKET, BY APPLICATION AND BY REGION
- 4.4. TRAFFIC SENSOR MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 184.108.40.206. Growing need for real-time information system
- 220.127.116.11. Government initiatives to modify transport infrastructure
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing urbanization and population
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 22.214.171.124. High cost and fulfillment of fundamental requirements for the installation of nonintrusive sensors
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 126.96.36.199. Growth in cycling infrastructure leading to higher adoption of bicycle counting sensors
- 188.8.131.52. Adoption of analytics-based transport solutions
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
- 184.108.40.206. Deployment of multi-sensor for effective traffic control
6. TRAFFIC SENSOR MARKET, BY SENSOR TYPE
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. PIEZOELECTRIC SENSOR
- 6.2.1. CERAMIC
- 6.2.2. QUARTZ
- 6.3. BENDING PLATE
- 6.4. INDUCTIVE LOOP
- 6.5. MAGNETIC SENSOR
- 6.6. ACOUSTIC SENSOR
- 6.7. INFRARED SENSOR
- 6.8. IMAGE SENSOR
- 6.9. RADAR SENSOR
- 6.10. LIDAR SENSOR
- 6.11. THERMAL SENSOR
7. TRAFFIC SENSOR MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. VEHICLE MEASUREMENT AND PROFILING
- 7.2.1. VEHICLE PROFILING
- 7.2.2. AXLE COUNTING
- 7.3. WEIGH IN MOTION
- 7.3.1. WEIGHT ENFORCEMENT
- 7.3.2. WEIGHT-BASED TOLL COLLECTION
- 7.3.3. TRAFFIC DATA COLLECTION
- 7.4. TRAFFIC MONITORING
- 7.4.1. VEHICLE COUNTING
- 7.4.2. BICYCLE COUNTING
- 7.4.3. VEHICLE MOTION TRACKING
- 7.5. AUTOMATED TOLLING (E-TOLL)
8. GEOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 8.2.1. US
- 220.127.116.11. Growing demand for traffic control and management projects
- 8.2.2. CANADA
- 18.104.22.168. Government initiatives to implement various traffic management solutions
- 8.2.3. MEXICO
- 22.214.171.124. Deployment of automated toll plaza increasing demand for traffic sensors
- 8.3. EUROPE
- 8.3.1. GERMANY
- 126.96.36.199. Focusing on the technological enhancement
- 8.3.2. FRANCE
- 188.8.131.52. Several initiatives by the government
- 8.3.3. UK
- 184.108.40.206. Use of traffic sensors with implementation of surveillance systems, and various traffic control and management systems
- 8.3.4. RUSSIA
- 220.127.116.11. Ongoing projects for weight enforcement
- 8.3.5. SPAIN
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing adoption of traffic sensors due to extensive network of roads
- 8.3.6. ITALY
- 22.214.171.124. Tendency to implement various traffic solutions
- 8.3.7. REST OF EUROPE
- 8.4. APAC
- 8.4.1. CHINA
- 126.96.36.199. Rapid developments to improve transportation industry
- 8.4.2. JAPAN
- 188.8.131.52. Focus on implementation of E-tolls
- 8.4.3. AUSTRALIA
- 184.108.40.206. Investments by government to implement various traffic management solutions
- 8.4.4. REST OF APAC
- 220.127.116.11. Deployment of various traffic sensors to collect traffic data
- 8.5. ROW
- 8.5.1. MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 18.104.22.168. Government investments contributing to growth of traffic sensor market
- 8.5.2. SOUTH AMERICA
- 22.214.171.124. Increasing use of traffic sensors for various applications
- 126.96.36.199. Brazil
- 188.8.131.52.1. Huge potential for traffic sensor-related projects
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of South America
- 220.127.116.11.1. Investing on expansion of roadways
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 9.1. OVERVIEW
- 9.2. MARKET RANKING FOR TRAFFIC SENSOR MARKET
- 9.3. COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 9.3.1. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 9.3.2. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 9.3.3. INNOVATORS
- 9.3.4. EMERGING COMPANIES
- 9.4. COMPETITIVE BENCHMARKING
- 9.4.1. STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO (25 COMPANIES)
- 9.4.2. BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE (25 COMPANIES)
- 9.5. COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 9.6. RECENT DEVELOPMENTS
- 9.6.1. PARTNERSHIPS/AGREEMENTS/COLLABORATIONS/CONTRACTS
- 9.6.2. PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 9.6.3. MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- 9.6.4. EXPANSIONS
Top 25 companies analyzed for this study are - Kapsch TrafficCom AG, International Road Dynamics, Inc., FLIR Systems, Inc., TE Connectivity Ltd., SWARCO AG, EFKON AG, Q-Free ASA, TransCore, SICK AG, Axis Communications AB, Raytheon Company, Siemens AG, Kistler Group, Sensys Networks, Inc.,LeddarTech Inc., Image Sensing Systems, Inc. (ISS), AGD Systems Ltd., Jenoptik AG, Iteris Inc., Marsh Products Inc., Diamond Traffic Products, Diablo Controls INC., ECONOLITE GROUP INC.,smart microwave sensors GmbH, Miovision Technologies Inc.
10. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Products Offered, Product Offering Scorecard, Business Strategy Scorecard, Recent Developments, Key Relationships)*
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. EFKON AG
- 10.3. KAPSCH TRAFFICCOM AG
- 10.4. TRANSCORE
- 10.5. INTERNATIONAL ROAD DYNAMICS, INC.
- 10.6. KISTLER GROUP
- 10.7. FLIR SYSTEMS, INC.
- 10.8. TE CONNECTIVITY LTD.
- 10.9. SWARCO AG
- 10.10. Q-FREE ASA
- 10.11. SICK AG
- 10.12. AXIS COMMUNICATIONS AB
- 10.13. RAYTHEON COMPANY
- 10.14. SIEMENS AG
- 10.15. KEY INNOVATORS AND START-UPS
- 10.15.1. SENSYS NETWORK, INC.
- 10.15.2. LEDDARTECH INC.
- 10.15.3. IMAGE SENSING SYSTEMS, INC. (ISS)
- 10.15.4. AGD SYSTEMS LTD.
- 10.15.5. JENOPTIK AG
- 10.15.6. MIOVISION TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- 10.15.7. DIABLO CONTROLS INC.
*Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Product Offering Scorecard, Business Strategy Scorecard, Recent Developments, Key Relationships might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 11.1. INSIGHTS FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 11.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 11.3. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 11.4. INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 11.5. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATION
- 11.6. RELATED REPORTS
- 11.7. AUTHOR DETAILS