Product Code: EP 5454
"The ceramic tube market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.52%, from 2017 to 2022."
The ceramic tube market is projected to reach USD 993.3 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 7.52%, from 2017 to 2022. Ceramic tubes are mainly used as enveloping material in electronic and electrical equipment, such as vacuum interrupters, power grid tubes, capacitors, and thermocouple insulators. Ceramic tubes also find application in X-ray tubes used in X-ray machines and CT scan machines. The growth of the ceramic tube market can be attributed to increased investments in the construction of new electrical transmission and distribution networks in developing countries and maintenance of aging power transmission infrastructure in developed countries. Rising energy costs in ceramic manufacturing act as a restraint for the ceramic tube market along with a lack of reliable supply of raw materials and volatility in the prices of raw materials. Low-cost competitors from emerging markets are the main challenge for the ceramic tube market.
"The electronic and electrical application segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR, from 2017 to 2022"
The electronic and electrical segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment of the ceramic tube market, by application, from 2017 to 2022. Rapid growth in the electronic and electrical manufacturing sector in Asia-Pacific is expected to drive the ceramic tube market. The governments of countries such as India and China are investing heavily in the construction of new power transmission and distribution networks to support their growing manufacturing sectors. This is expected to drive the electronics and electrical application segment during the forecast period.
"Asia-Pacific: The largest market for ceramic tubes"
The market in Asia-Pacific is currently the largest ceramic tube market, followed by the markets in Europe, North America, and the Middle East & Africa. The market in Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at a higher rate, with the Chinese market expected to dominate the regional market. The growth of the manufacturing sectors in countries such as India, China, South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan is expected to fuel the ceramic tube market in Asia-Pacific.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject matter experts, C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants, among other experts, to obtain and verify critical qualitative and quantitative information, as well as assess future market prospects. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1- 60%, Tier 2- 27%, Tier 3- 13%
- By Designation: C-Level- 35%, Manager Level- 25%, Others- 40%
- By Region: North America- 30%, Europe- 23%, Asia-Pacific- 17%, South America- 16%, and Middle East & Africa- 14%
Note: The tier of the companies has been defined on the basis of their total revenue; as of 2015: Tier 1 ≥USD 1 billion, Tier 2 = USD 100 million to USD 500 million, and Tier 3 ≤USD 100million.
The key players in the ceramic tube market include: Kyocera Corporation (Japan), CoorsTek, Inc. (U.S.), CeramTec GmbH (Germany), Carborundum Universal, Ltd. (India), Morgan Advanced Materials (U.K.), and NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd. (Japan).
The report provides a picture of the ceramic tube market and its segments across industries and regions. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the market across different segments such as material type, application, and region. Furthermore, the report includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market along with their company profiles, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Why buy this report?
- 1. The report identifies and addresses the key markets for ceramic tubes, which would help suppliers review the growth in demand for the product.
- 2. The report helps solutions providers understand the pulse of the market and provides insight into drivers, restraints, and challenges.
- 3. The report will help key players understand the strategies of their competitors better and will help in making strategic decisions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. COUNTRIES COVERED
- 1.3.3. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 126.96.36.199. Key data from primary sources
- 188.8.131.52. Key industry insights
- 184.108.40.206. Breakdown of primary interviews
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1. BOTTOM-UP APPROCAH
- 2.2.2. TOP-DOWN APPROCAH
- 2.3. MARKET BREAKDOWN & DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. CERAMIC TUBES MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2. CERAMIC TUBES MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 4.3. CERAMIC TUBES MARKET, BY APPLICATION & REGION
- 4.4. CERAMIC TUBES MARKET, BY MATERIAL TYPE
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.1.1. DRIVERS
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing demand for power transmission & distribution equipment
- 18.104.22.168. Replacement and refurbishment of existing power infrastructure
- 22.214.171.124. Stringent environmental norms for SF6-based circuit breakers
- 5.1.2. RESTRAINTS
- 126.96.36.199. Rising energy costs for ceramic manufacturing
- 188.8.131.52. Availability of raw materials and volatility in prices
- 5.1.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing share of renewable energy sources
- 5.1.4. CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11. Low-cost competition from emerging markets
6. CERAMIC TUBES MARKET, BY MATERIAL TYPE
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. ALUMINA
- 6.3. ZIRCONIA
- 6.4. OTHER MATERIAL TYPES
7. CERAMIC TUBES MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. CERAMIC TUBES MARKET FOR ELECTRONIC AND ELECTRICAL
- 7.3. CERAMIC TUBES MARKET FOR MEDICAL AND HEALTHCARE
- 7.4. CERAMIC TUBES MARKET FOR OTHERS
8. CERAMIC TUBES FOR VACUUM INTERRUPTER MARKET, BY END USE
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. CIRCUIT BREAKERS: CERAMIC TUBES MARKET FOR VACUUM INTERRUPTER
- 8.3. CONTACTORS: CERAMIC TUBES MARKET FOR VACUUM INTERRUPTERS
- 8.4. RE-CLOSERS: CERAMIC TUBES MARKET FOR VACUUM INTERRUPTER
- 8.5. LOAD BREAK SWITCHES: CERAMIC TUBES MARKET FOR VACUUM INTERRUPTER
- 8.6. TAP CHANGERS: CERAMIC TUBES MARKET FOR VACUUM INTERRUPTER
9. CERAMIC TUBES MARKET, BY REGION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. ASIA-PACIFIC
- 9.2.1. BY MATERIAL TYPE
- 9.2.2. BY APPLICATION
- 9.2.3. BY END-USE, VACUUM INTERRUPTERS
- 9.2.4. BY COUNTRY
- 18.104.22.168. China
- 22.214.171.124. Japan
- 126.96.36.199. South Korea
- 188.8.131.52. India
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 9.3. EUROPE
- 9.3.1. BY MATERIAL TYPE
- 9.3.2. BY APPLICATION
- 9.3.3. BY END-USE, VACUUM INTERRUPTERS
- 9.3.4. BY COUNTRY
- 220.127.116.11. Germany
- 18.104.22.168. U.K.
- 22.214.171.124. France
- 126.96.36.199. Russia
- 188.8.131.52. Italy
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
- 9.4. NORTH AMERICA
- 9.4.1. BY MATERIAL TYPE
- 9.4.2. BY APPLICATION
- 9.4.3. BY END-USE, VACUUM INTERRUPTERS
- 9.4.4. BY COUNTRY
- 220.127.116.11. U.S.
- 18.104.22.168. CANADA
- 22.214.171.124. Mexico
- 9.5. THE MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 9.5.1. BY MATERIAL TYPE
- 9.5.2. BY APPLICATION
- 9.5.3. BY END-USE, VACUUM INTERRUPTERS
- 9.5.4. BY COUNTRY
- 126.96.36.199. South Africa
- 188.8.131.52. Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206. The United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.)
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- 9.6. SOUTH AMERICA
- 9.6.1. BY MATERIAL TYPE
- 9.6.2. BY APPLICATION
- 9.6.3. BY END-USE, VACUUM INTERRUPTERS
- 9.6.4. BY COUNTRY
- 18.104.22.168. Brazil
- 22.214.171.124. Argentina
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of South America
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1. OVERVIEW
- 10.2. MARKET RANKING, 2016
- 10.3. COMPETITIVE SITUATION & TRENDS
- 10.3.1. COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 10.3.2. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 10.3.3. INNOVATORS
- 10.3.4. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 10.3.5. EMERGING COMPANIES
- 10.4. STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO (FOR ALL 25 PLAYERS)
- 10.5. BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE (FOR ALL 25 PLAYERS)
11. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 11.1. MORGAN ADVANCED MATERIALS PLC
- 11.2. KYOCERA CORPORATION
- 11.3. CARBORUNDUM UNIVERSAL LTD.
- 11.4. NGK SPARK PLUG CO., LTD.
- 11.5. CERAMTEC GMBH
- 11.6. HP TECHNICAL CERAMICS
- 11.7. COORSTEK, INC.
- 11.8. XIAMEN INNOVACERA ADVANCED MATERIALS CO., LTD.
- 11.9. TEXERS INC.
- 11.10. PRECISION CERAMICS
- 11.11. TQ ABRASIVE MACHINING
- 11.12. THE RAUSCHERT GROUP
- 11.13. MANTEC TECHNICAL CERAMICS LTD.
- 11.14. INTERNATIONAL SYALONS (NEWCASTLE), LTD.
- 11.15. C-MAC INTERNATIONAL, LLC
- 11.16. ORTECH, INCORPORATED
- 11.17. MCDANEL ADVANCED CERAMIC TECHNOLOGIES, LLC
- 11.18. LSP INDUSTRIAL CERAMICS, INC.
- 11.19. INSACO, INC.
- 11.20. CHINA SOUTHERN ADVANCED CERAMIC TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
*Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1. INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 12.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.3. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.4. INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 12.5. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.6. RELATED REPORTS
- 12.7. AUTHOR DETAILS