Product Code: CH 5446
"Release liners market to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% (2017-2022)"
The global release liners market is projected to reach USD 93.02 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2017 to 2022. Increased demand for labels release liners and hygiene release liners act as key driving factors influencing the growth of the global release liners market. However, the growing concern about the high waste produced by release liners might serve as a restraint on the growth of the market.
"Medical is expected to be the fastest-growing application segment during the forecast period"
Applications of release liners in the medical segment include wound care, electrodes, and ostomy. The medical industry prefers release liners that are hypo-allergenic, flexible, durable, reliable, and easy-to-use. All these factors contribute to the growing usage of release liners in the medical segment.
There is a growing consumer awareness about the usage of wound care products. Timely and effective treatment of wounds helps the wound heal fast as well as minimize the risk of wounds becoming chronic. This acts as a key factor contributing to the growth of the medical segment.
"Silicone is expected to be the largest and fastest-growing material type segment in the global release liners market"
Based on the material type, the silicone material segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2022. Silicone based release liners help provide resistance to slip, moisture, and abrasion. They also provide improved adhesion and anti-blocking properties. These benefits of silicone material act as growth drivers for the release liners market.
In addition, various characteristics of silicone-based materials increase the durability of liners. This helps the manufacturers, as they can reduce the usage of titanium dioxide, which is harmful to humans.
"Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest and fastest-growing market for release liners"
Asia-Pacific is projected to be the largest as well as the fastest-growing market for release liners. The release liners market in this region is expected to register the highest growth, owing to the high demand for release liners from countries, such as Japan, China, and India. China is estimated to be the largest market for release liners in the Asia Pacific, followed by India and Japan. However, India is projected to be the fastest-growing market for release liners in Asia Pacific. The growth of prominent industries such as labeling, medical, hygiene, and manufacturing has increased the demand for release liners in this region.
Extensive primary interviews were conducted to determine and verify the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research.
The break-up of primary interviews is given below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 37%, Tier 2 - 50%, and Others - 13%
- By Designation: C Level - 30%, Director Level - 47%, and Others - 23%
- By Region: North America - 28%, Europe - 33%, Asia Pacific - 22%, South America- 11%, and Middle East & Africa - 6%
The companies profiled in this market research report are The 3M Company (US), Mondi Group (Austria), Sappi Limited (South Africa), Ahlstrom-Munksjo (Sweden), LINTEC Corporation (Japan), Polyplex Corporation Ltd. (India), Eastman Chemical Company (US), Gascogne (France), UPM (Finland), and Loparex (US).
This research report categorizes the global release liners market on the basis of material type, substrate type, application, labelling technology, and region. The report includes detailed information regarding major factors influencing the growth of the global release liners market, such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities. A detailed analysis of key industry players has been done to provide insights on business overviews, products & services, key strategies, investments & expansions, mergers & acquisitions, and other recent developments associated with the market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the global release liners market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of market sizes for the overall market and its subsegments across regions.
- 2. The report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- 3. This report will also help stakeholders understand major competitors and gain insights to enhance their competitive positions in the market. The competitive landscape section includes major industry players from all the regions, contributing to the market. The landscape consists of top 25 companies ranked and grouped based on their competency parameters such as geographical presence, recent strategic developments, patents filed, and number of employees.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. PACKAGE SIZE
- 1.6. LIMITATIONS
- 1.7. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 22.214.171.124. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 126.96.36.199. Key data from primary sources
- 188.8.131.52. Key industry insights
- 184.108.40.206. Breakdown of primary interviews
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1. BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2. TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.3. DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE RELEASE LINERS MARKET
- 4.2. ASIA-PACIFIC RELEASE LINERS MARKET, BY APPLICATION AND COUNTRY, 2016
- 4.3. MARKET SHARE OF REGIONS BY APPLICATION OF RELEASE LINERS
- 4.4. GLOBAL RELEASE LINERS MARKET ATTRACTIVENESS
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 220.127.116.11. Emergence of digital label printing technology
- 18.104.22.168. Growing demand for film-based liners in medical industry
- 22.214.171.124. Increasing usage of release liners in premium hygiene products
- 126.96.36.199. Growing emphasis on improved labelling in various end-use industries
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 188.8.131.52. Preference for shrink sleeve labels over pressure-sensitive labels
- 184.108.40.206. Low purchasing power affecting demand for release liners in developing countries for hygiene products
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 220.127.116.11. Opportunities for PDMS-based release liners in industrial applications
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
- 18.104.22.168. Disposal of release liner waste is a major challenge for end users
- 22.214.171.124. Emerging trend among label manufacturers for adoption of linerless technology
- 5.3. INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 5.3.1. PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 126.96.36.199. Bargaining power of suppliers
- 188.8.131.52. Threat of new entrants
- 184.108.40.206. Threat of substitutes
- 220.127.116.11. Bargaining power of buyers
- 18.104.22.168. Intensity of competitive rivalry
- 5.4. MACROECONOMIC OVERVIEW AND KEY DRIVERS
- 5.4.1. MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY TRENDS AND FORECAST, BY COUNTRY
- 5.4.2. HEALTHCARE SPENDING
- 5.4.3. PRIVATE LABEL INDUSTRY TRENDS, BY COUNTRY
6. RELEASE LINERS MARKET, BY MATERIAL
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. SILICONE
- 6.3. NON-SILICONE
7. RELEASE LINERS MARKET, BY SUBSTRATE
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. GLASSINE/CALENDERED KRAFT PAPER
- 7.3. POLYOLEFIN COATED PAPER
- 7.4. CLAY COATED PAPER
- 7.5. OTHER PAPERS
- 7.6. FILMS
8. RELEASE LINERS MARKET, BY LABELING TECHNOLOGY
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. PRESSURE SENSITIVE
- 8.3. GLUE APPLIED
- 8.4. SLEEVING
- 8.5. IN-MOLD
- 8.6. OTHERS
9. RELEASE LINERS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. LABELS
- 9.3. PRESSURE-SENSITIVE TAPES
- 9.4. HYGIENE
- 9.5. INDUSTRIAL
- 9.6. MEDICAL
- 9.7. GRAPHIC ARTS
- 9.8. OTHERS
10. RELEASE LINERS MARKET, BY REGION
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 10.2.1. U.S.
- 10.2.2. CANADA
- 10.2.3. MEXICO
- 10.3. EUROPE
- 10.3.1. GERMANY
- 10.3.2. FRANCE
- 10.3.3. U.K.
- 10.3.4. RUSSIA
- 10.3.5. ITALY
- 10.3.6. REST OF EUROPE
- 10.4. ASIA-PACIFIC
- 10.4.1. CHINA
- 10.4.2. JAPAN
- 10.4.3. INDIA
- 10.4.4. SOUTH KOREA
- 10.4.5. TAIWAN
- 10.4.6. INDONESIA
- 10.4.7. MALAYSIA
- 10.4.8. REST OF ASIA-PACIFIC
- 10.5. SOUTH AMERICA
- 10.5.1. BRAZIL
- 10.5.2. ARGENTINA
- 10.5.3. REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
- 10.6. MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 10.6.1. SAUDI ARABIA
- 10.6.2. SOUTH AFRICA
- 10.6.3. REST OF MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
11. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 11.1. INTRODUCTION
- 11.1.1. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 11.1.2. INNOVATORS
- 11.1.3. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 11.1.4. EMERGING COMPANIES
- 11.2. COMPETITIVE BENCHMARKING
- 11.2.1. STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 11.2.2. BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE
- 11.3. MARKET RANKING
12. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Strength of Product Portfolio, Business Strategy Excellence, Recent Developments)*
- 12.1. THE 3M COMPANY
- 12.2. MONDI GROUP
- 12.3. SAPPI LIMITED
- 12.4. AHLSTROM-MUNKSJO
- 12.5. LINTEC CORPORATION
- 12.6. POLYPLEX CORPORATION LTD.
- 12.7. EASTMAN CHEMICAL COMPANY
- 12.8. GASCOGNE
- 12.9. UPM
- 12.10. LOPAREX
- 12.11. OTHER INDUSTRY PLAYERS
*Details on Business Overview, Strength of Product Portfolio, Business Strategy Excellence and Recent Developments might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 13.1. INSIGHTS FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 13.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 13.3. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 13.4. INTRODUCING RT: REAL TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 13.5. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 13.6. RELATED REPORTS
- 13.7. AUTHOR DETAILS