Product Code: MD 5434
"Vascular access devices market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1%"
The global vascular access device market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% to reach USD 5.45 billion by 2022 from USD 3.87 billion in 2017. The key factors driving the growth of this market include the growing prevalence of lifestyle diseases, an increase in the number of chemotherapy procedures and the increasing use of vascular access devices in pediatric patients. However, high costs involved in the placement and maintenance of vascular access devices and product recalls and failures may hinder the growth of the market to a certain extent during the forecast period.
"The central vascular access device segment to dominate the global vascular access devices market during the forecast period"
By type, the vascular access devices market is segmented into central vascular access devices, peripheral vascular access devices, and accessories. The central vascular access devices segment is not only expected to account for the largest share of the vascular access devices market in 2017, but also grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of this segment is attributed to the wide usage of central vascular access devices in chemotherapy and for the treatment of cardiovascular disorders and chronic kidney disorders.
"The drug administration segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period"
On the basis of application, the vascular access devices market is segmented into drug administration, fluid and nutrition administration, blood transfusion, and diagnostics & testing. The drug administration segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR in 2017. This positive growth rate can primarily be attributed to the high usage of vascular access devices for drug administration for the treatment of infections, cancer, and other diseases.
"Asia-Pacific to witness the highest growth during the forecast period (2017-2022)"
North America held the largest share of the global vascular access devices market in 2016, while Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth during 2017 to 2022. Rapid growth in aging population and CKD, CKS, & diabetes prevalence, along with healthcare reforms and investments in Asia-Pacific countries, are key factors driving the market for this geographic segment.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
- By Company Type - Tier 1-55%, Tier 2-25% and Tier 3-20%
- By Designation - C-level-43%, Director Level-32%, Others-25%
- By Region - North America-38%, Europe-23%, Asia-Pacific-29%, RoW-10%
Some of the major players include Becton Dickinson and Company (U.S.), Smiths Medical, Inc. (U.K.), and C. R. Bard, Inc. (U.S.). Other players include Teleflex Incorporated (U.S.) B. Braun Melsungen Ag (Germany), AngioDynamics (U.S.), Terumo Corporation (Japan), Nipro Medical Corporation, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation (U.S.), Ameco Medical (Egypt), Romsons Scientific & Surgical Pvt. Ltd (India), and Prodimed (France).
The report analyzes the vascular access device market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market based on various segments such as type, application, end user and region. The report also includes an in-depth regulatory analysis for various regions across the globe and the competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product and service offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn, would help them garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or any combination of the below-mentioned five strategies.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product and service portfolios offered by the top players in the global vascular access devices market. The report analyzes the vascular access devices market by type, application, end user, and region.
- Service Enhancement/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends and new service launches in the global vascular access devices market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets by type, application, end user, and region.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new services or service enhancements, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the vascular access devices market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products and services of leading players in the global vascular access devices market
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY STEPS
- 2.2. SECONDARY AND PRIMARY RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.2.1. SECONDARY RESEARCH
- 220.127.116.11. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.2.2. PRIMARY RESEARCH
- 18.104.22.168. Key insights from primary sources
- 2.2.3. KEY INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
- 2.3. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION METHODOLOGY
- 2.4. MARKET FORECAST METHODOLOGY
- 2.5. MARKET DATA VALIDATION AND TRIANGULATION
- 2.6. ASSUMPTIONS OF THE STUDY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES: MARKET OVERVIEW (2017-2022)
- 4.2. VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES MARKET, BY TYPE (2017)
- 4.3. VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES MARKET, BY APPLICATION, 2017 VS. 2022
- 4.4. VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES MARKET, BY END USER, 2017 VS. 2022
- 4.5. GEOGRAPHIC SNAPSHOT OF THE VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES MARKET
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 22.214.171.124. Growing prevalence of lifestyle diseases
- 126.96.36.199. Increasing number of chemotherapy procedures
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing use of vascular access devices in pediatric patients
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 184.108.40.206. High costs involved in the placement and maintenance of vascular access devices
- 220.127.116.11. Product recalls and failures
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITY
- 18.104.22.168. Technological advancements
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
- 22.214.171.124. Shortage of skilled professionals
- 126.96.36.199. Risks associated with vascular access devices
6. GLOBAL VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES MARKET, BY TYPE
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. CENTRAL VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES
- 6.2.1. PERIPHERALLY INSERTED CENTRAL CATHETERS
- 6.2.2. TUNNELED CATHETERS
- 6.2.3. NON-TUNNELED CATHETERS
- 6.2.4. IMPLANTED PORTS
- 6.3. PERIPHERAL VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES
- 6.3.1. PERIPHERAL SHORT DEVICES
- 6.3.2. PERIPHERAL MIDLINE DEVICES
- 6.3.3. BUTTERFLY/WINGED STEEL NEEDLES
- 6.4. ACCESSORIES
7. GLOBAL VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. DRUG ADMINISTRATION
- 7.3. FLUID AND NUTRITION ADMINISTRATION
- 7.4. BLOOD TRANSFUSION
- 7.5. DIAGNOSTICS AND TESTING
8. GLOBAL VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES MARKET, BY END USER
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. HOSPITALS
- 8.3. CLINICS AND AMBULATORY CARE CENTERS
- 8.4. OTHER END USERS
9. VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES MARKET, BY REGION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 9.2.1. U.S.
- 188.8.131.52. Rising prevalence of CVD
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing number of cancer cases
- 220.127.116.11. Increase in research and clinical trials for vascular access devices
- 18.104.22.168. Conferences, meetings, symposia, and workshops
- 9.2.2. CANADA
- 22.214.171.124. Increasing number of cardiac arrest cases
- 126.96.36.199. Increase in cancer incidence
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing number of minimally invasive procedures
- 9.3. EUROPE
- 9.3.1. INCREASING FOCUS OF MARKET PLAYERS ON EUROPE
- 9.3.2. NEW RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR MEDICAL DEVICES
- 9.3.3. RISING GERIATRIC POPULATION
- 9.3.4. E-3
- 184.108.40.206. Rising prevalence of CVD in U.K. and Germany
- 220.127.116.11. Growing prevalence of cancer in EU-3
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing prevalence of lifestyle diseases in the U.K.
- 22.214.171.124. Favorable government support, growth in aging population in France
- 126.96.36.199. Prevalence of ESRD and need for dialysis treatment
- 9.3.5. ROE
- 188.8.131.52. Improving healthcare structure in Russia
- 184.108.40.206. Turkey: Growth in the healthcare sector, rising medical tourism
- 9.4. ASIA-PACIFIC
- 9.4.1. INCREASING CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE PREVALENCE IN JAPAN
- 9.4.2. JAPAN & CHINA: RAPID GROWTH IN GERIATRIC POPULATION
- 9.4.3. HEALTHCARE REFORMS, GOVERNMENT INITIATIVES, AND INVESTMENTS IN CHINA AND JAPAN
- 9.5. REST OF THE WORLD
- 9.5.1. PREVALENCE OF CKD AND GOVERNMENT INITIATIVES IN THE ROW
- 9.5.2. MIDDLE EAST: INCREASING GERIATRIC POPULATION, RISE IN AGE-RELATED DISORDERS
- 9.5.3. GROWING MEDICAL TOURISM IN THE ROW
- 9.5.4. HIGH PREVALENCE OF OBESITY IN LATIN AMERICA
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1. OVERVIEW
- 10.2. MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- 10.3. MARKET RANKING (AS OF 2016)
- 10.3.1. VENDOR INCLUSION CRITERIA
- 10.4. COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING (2017)
- 10.4.1. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 10.4.2. INNOVATORS
- 10.4.3. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 10.4.4. EMERGING COMPANIES
- 10.5. COMPETITIVE BENCHMARKING
- 10.5.1. STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 10.5.2. BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE
Top 25 companies analyzed for this studies are - Smiths Medical (U.S.), Terumo Medical Corporation (Japan), Becton Dickinson and Company (U.S.), Teleflex Incorporated (U.S.), C.R.Bard, Inc. (U.S.), B Braun Melsungen AG. (Germany), NIPRO Medical Corporation (Japan), Vygon Ltd. (U.K.), Ameco Medical (Egypt), Romson Scientific (India), PRODIMED (France), Edward Lifescience Corporation LLC (U.S.), AngioDynamics (U.S.), Biosensors International Group, Ltd (Singapore), Centurion Medical Products (U.S.), Fresenius Medical Care Asia Pacific Limited (Hong Kong), Access Scientific, LLC (U.S.), 3M. (U.S.), ZOLL Medical Corporation (U.S.), Medtronic Plc (Ireland), Baxter International Inc. (U.S.), Merit Medical System, Inc. (U.S.), Hospira (U.S.), Bionic Medizintechnik GmbH (Germany), Medical Components, Inc. (U.S)
11. COMPANY PROFILES (Overview, Products Offered, Strength of Product Portfolio, Business Strategy Excellence, Recent Developments)*
- 11.1. BECTON, DICKINSON AND COMPANY
- 11.2. C.R.BARD, INC.
- 11.3. TELEFLEX INCORPORATED
- 11.4. SMITHS MEDICAL, INC.
- 11.5. B BRAUN MELSUNGEN AG
- 11.6. ANGIODYNAMICS (NAVILYST MEDICAL, INC)
- 11.7. TERUMO CORPORATION
- 11.8. NIPRO MEDICAL CORPORATION
- 11.9. EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES CORPORATION
- 11.10. AMECO MEDICAL
- 11.11. ROMSONS SCIENTIFIC & SURGICAL PVT. LTD.
- 11.12. PRODIMED
*Details on MarketsandMarkets view, Overview, Products Offered, Strength of Product Portfolio, Business Strategy Excellence, and Recent Developments might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.2. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.3. INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 12.4. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.5. RELATED REPORTS
- 12.6. AUTHOR DETAILS