Product Code: AT 5427
"Rapid technological advancement and increasing consumer demand for automotive display features are expected to fuel the demand for the smart display market for automotive"
The smart display market for automotive is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.77% during the forecast period, to reach a market size of USD 9.80 billion by 2022. Earlier, the share of electronic systems in vehicles was only 1-2% of the vehicle cost. However, due to the rising trend of enhanced driver and passenger experience and convenience features, the share of electronic systems has increased to 8-12% of the total vehicle cost. Consumer preference for these features is a key driving force for the growth of digital cockpit display applications. Automotive displays are expected to play a greater role in electric cars, semi-autonomous, and concept cars with latest technologies and radical designs. The growth of such technologies could escalate the role of the display functions and systems in cars, which would increase the demand for advanced automotive displays.
"Light duty vehicle is the fastest growing segment in the smart display market for automotive"
The light duty vehicle segment is estimated to dominate the smart display market for automotive. According to the Organization Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA), the global new passenger car sales increased from 55.8 million units in 2010 to 69.4 million units in 2016. The increase in the number of passenger cars, combined with increasing adoption of display applications, makes passenger cars the highest contributor to the smart display light duty vehicle segment. The rapid increase in the adoption of safety and comfort systems in passenger cars plays a significant role in the increasing demand for display applications in passenger cars. The display function, combined with other active and passive safety systems, assists a driver in avoiding crashes and protects passengers during accidents.
"Semi-autonomous is the fastest growing segment of the smart display market for automotive, by level of autonomous driving"
The penetration of semi-autonomous vehicles is anticipated to rise in the coming years due to an increase in the electrification of vehicle components and use of smart automotive components that assist the driver in a more comfortable and safe drive. In addition, technologically driven companies and OEMs are collaborating to make semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles a safe mode of transportation, thereby engaging consumer curiosity. With development in level of autonomous driving, vehicles will be equipped with a number of automotive smart displays that will be larger and provide advanced driver assistance on a single touchscreen platform.
"OLED, AMOLED: Fastest growing display technology of the smart display market for automotive"
The other advanced display technologies, such as OLED, AMOLED, etc. are widely used in consumer electronics applications, such as television displays, smartphones, and others. These advanced display technologies allow flexibility in design and color and provide an enhanced visual appeal. They offer superior quality images and brighter displays as compared to LCD and TFT-LCD display panels. However, these display technologies are not frequently used in automotive applications due to low temperature resistance offered by these panels. Advanced display technologies are also less durable as compared to LCD and TFT-LCD technologies for automotive functions.
With increasing progress and advancements in autonomous and electric vehicles, which are expected to be equipped with larger and advanced displays of flexible designs, the market for advanced display technologies for automotive displays is estimated to grow at the fastest rate.
BREAKDOWN OF PRIMARIES:
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts, ranging from equipment suppliers to Tier-1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier-1-32%, Tier-2-45%, and OEM-23%
- By Designation: C level-35%, D level-25%, Others-40%
- By Region: North America-40%, Europe-35%, Asia-Oceania-20%, RoW-5%
The report provides detailed profiles of the following companies:
- Alpine Electronics Inc.
- AU Optronics
- Continental AG
- Delphi Automotive PLC
- Denso Corporation
- Japan Display Inc.
- Kyocera Corporation
- LG Display
- Magna International Inc.
- Nippon-Seiki Co, Ltd.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pioneer Corporation
- Valeo SA
- Visteon Corporation
- Yazaki Corporation
The smart display market for automotive has been segmented by application (advanced instrument cluster displays, center stack touchscreen displays, rear view entertainment touchscreen displays, and others), display size (3"-5", 6"-10", and >10"), display technology (LCD, TFT-LCD, and other advanced technologies), level of autonomous driving (conventional and semi-autonomous), vehicle type (light duty vehicle and heavy duty vehicle) and region (Asia-Oceania, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World). The market has been projected in terms of volume ('000 units) and value (USD million/billion).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
This report contains various levels of analysis, including industry analysis (factor analysis and Porter's Five Forces) and company profiles and DIVE analysis, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging and high-growth segments of the smart display market for automotive, competitive landscape, high-growth regions and countries, government initiatives, and market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report enables new entrants/smaller firms as well as established firms to understand the market better to help them acquire a larger market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned four strategies (market development, product development/innovation, market diversification, and competitive assessment) to strengthen their position in the market.
The report provides insights with reference to the following points:
- Market Development: The report provides comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the automotive display applications market for all vehicle types across regions.
- Product Development/Innovation: The report offers detailed insights about R&D activities, upcoming technologies, and new product launches in the smart display market for automotive across all regions.
- Market Diversification: The report provides detailed information about untapped markets, investments, new products, and recent developments in the smart display market for automotive.
- Competitive Assessment: The report offers in-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the smart display market for automotive.
- Vendor DIVE Analysis: The report provides company-level mapping of net sales, growth rate of a company's net sales, overall regional presence, company's presence/plans in emerging countries, mapping of inorganic and organic developments, manufacturing plants, company's presence in the OE and aftermarket segments, product offerings (breadth and depth), new product developments in recent years, and R&D expenditure, among others.
- Company-wise product and business strategy scorecards: The report offers company level analysis and evaluation of product offering category including the breadth of offering, product innovation, and market presence (OEM and aftermarket) and company level analysis and evaluation of business strategies including company's reach (based on regional presence), revenue growth, infrastructure and clientele, inorganic growth (on the basis of partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions) and organic growth (on the basis of geographic expansions and new product developments).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED IN THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. PACKAGE SIZE
- 1.6. LIMITATIONS
- 1.7. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.2. SECONDARY DATA
- 2.2.1. KEY SECONDARY SOURCES
- 2.2.2. KEY DATA FROM SECONDARY SOURCES
- 2.3. PRIMARY DATA
- 2.3.1. SAMPLING TECHNIQUES & DATA COLLECTION METHODS
- 2.3.2. PRIMARY PARTICIPANTS
- 2.4. FACTOR ANALYSIS
- 2.4.1. INTRODUCTION
- 2.4.2. DEMAND SIDE ANALYSIS
- 18.104.22.168. Increased demand of luxury vehicles and HEV & PHEV vehicles
- 22.214.171.124. Increased demand for TFT-LCD display panels
- 2.4.3. SUPPLY SIDE ANALYSIS
- 126.96.36.199. Significant focus by OEMs focus on convenience and comfort systems in vehicles
- 188.8.131.52. Technological advancements in vehicle safety and security
- 2.5. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.6. DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.7. ASSUMPTIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 3.1. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY APPLICATION & REGION
- 3.2. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY DISPLAY SIZE & REGION
- 3.3. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE: GROWTH TRENDS
- 3.4. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY & REGION
- 3.5. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY LEVEL OF AUTONOMOUS DRIVING & REGION
- 3.6. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE BY VEHICLE TYPE & REGION
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE
- 4.2. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY APPLICATION
- 4.3. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY REGION
- 4.4. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY DISPLAY SIZE
- 4.5. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY
- 4.6. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY LEVEL OF AUTONOMOUS DRIVING
- 4.7. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY VEHICLE TYPE
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.2.1. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE: MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.2.2. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY
- 5.2.3. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY APPLICATION
- 5.2.4. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY DISPLAY SIZE
- 5.2.5. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY LEVEL OF AUTONOMOUS DRIVING
- 5.2.6. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY REGION
- 5.2.7. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE BY VEHICLE TYPE
- 5.3. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.3.1. DRIVERS
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing demand for connected vehicles
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing demand for comfort and convenience features
- 18.104.22.168. Stagnant demand for consumer electronics
- 5.3.2. RESTRAINTS
- 22.214.171.124. High cost of advanced automotive display systems
- 126.96.36.199. Cyber security threat due to vehicle telematics
- 5.3.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 188.8.131.52. Advent of semi-autonomous and electric vehicles in the automotive industry
- 184.108.40.206. New entertainment and smart mirror applications
- 5.3.4. CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11. Luxurious interiors at lower price
- 18.104.22.168. Distraction for drivers
- 5.4. PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.4.1. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE
- 5.4.2. THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.4.3. THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.4.4. BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.4.5. BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.4.6. INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
6. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY REGION & APPLICATION
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.1.1. ASIA-OCEANIA
- 22.214.171.124. China
- 126.96.36.199. India
- 188.8.131.52. Japan
- 184.108.40.206. South korea
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of Asia-Oceania
- 6.1.2. EUROPE
- 18.104.22.168. France
- 22.214.171.124. Germany
- 126.96.36.199. Italy
- 188.8.131.52. Spain
- 184.108.40.206. U.K.
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of Europe
- 6.1.3. NORTH AMERICA
- 18.104.22.168. Canada
- 22.214.171.124. Mexico
- 126.96.36.199. U.S.
- 6.1.4. REST OF THE WORLD
- 188.8.131.52. Brazil
- 184.108.40.206. Russia
- 220.127.116.11. Turkey
7. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY DISPLAY SIZE
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. 3"-5"
- 7.3. 6"-10"
- 7.4. >10"
8. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. LCD
- 8.3. TFT-LCD
- 8.4. OTHER ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES
9. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY LEVEL OF AUTONOMOUS DRIVING
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. CONVENTIONAL
- 9.3. SEMI-AUTONOMOUS
10. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY VEHICLE TYPE
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. LIGHT DUTY VEHICLE (LDV)
- 10.3. HEAVY DUTY VEHICLE (HDV)
11. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 11.1. INTRODUCTION
- 11.1.1. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 11.1.2. INNOVATORS
- 11.1.3. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 11.1.4. EMERGING COMPANIES
- 11.2. PRODUCT OFFERINGS
- 11.3. BUSINESS STRATEGY
- 11.4. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE: MARKET RANKING
Top 21 companies analyzed for this study are - Robert Bosch GmbH, Panasonic Corporation, Continental AG, Denso Corporation, Magna International Inc., LG Display Co, Ltd., Valeo S.A., Delphi Automotive PLC, Kyocera Corporation, Yazaki Corporation, AU Optronics Corporation, Japan Display Inc., Pioneer Corporation, Visteon Corporation, Alpine Electronics, Nippon Seiki Co, Ltd., Gentex Corporation, Garmin Ltd, Fujitsu Ten, Innolux Corporation, Ficosa International S.A.
12. COMPANY PROFILES (Company overview, Strength of product portfolio, Product offerings, Business strategy excellence, Recent developments)*
- 12.1. ROBERT BOSCH GMBH
- 12.2. PANASONIC CORPORATION
- 12.3. CONTINENTAL AG
- 12.4. DENSO CORPORATION
- 12.5. MAGNA INTERNATIONAL INC.
- 12.6. LG DISPLAY CO. LTD.
- 12.7. VALEO SA
- 12.8. DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC
- 12.9. KYOCERA DISPLAY CORPORATION
- 12.10. YAZAKI CORPORATION
- 12.11. AU OPTRONICS CORPORATION
- 12.12. JAPAN DISPLAY INC.
- 12.13. PIONEER CORPORATION
- 12.14. VISTEON CORPORATION
- 12.15. ALPINE ELECTRONICS
- 12.16. NIPPON SEIKI CO. LTD.
*Details on Company overview, Strength of product portfolio, Product offerings, Business strategy excellence, Recent developments might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 13.1. INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 13.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 13.3. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 13.4. INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 13.5. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 13.5.1. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE, BY DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY (VALUE)
- 18.104.22.168. LCD
- 22.214.171.124.1. Asia-Oceania
- 126.96.36.199.2. Europe
- 188.8.131.52.3. North America
- 184.108.40.206.4. Rest of the World
- 220.127.116.11. TFT-LCD
- 18.104.22.168.1. Asia-Oceania
- 22.214.171.124.2. Europe
- 126.96.36.199.3. North America
- 188.8.131.52.4. Rest of the World
- 184.108.40.206. Other advanced technologies
- 220.127.116.11.1. Asia-Oceania
- 18.104.22.168.2. Europe
- 22.214.171.124.3. North America
- 126.96.36.199.4. Rest of the World
- 13.5.2. SMART DISPLAY MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE BY VEHICLE TYPE (VALUE)
- 188.8.131.52. Light duty vehicle
- 184.108.40.206.1. Asia-Oceania
- 220.127.116.11.2. Europe
- 18.104.22.168.3. North America
- 22.214.171.124.4. Rest of the World
- 126.96.36.199. Heavy duty vehicle
- 188.8.131.52.1. Asia-Oceania
- 184.108.40.206.2. Europe
- 220.127.116.11.3. North America
- 18.104.22.168.4. Rest of the World
- 13.5.3. COMPANY INFORMATION
- 13.5.4. MARKET RANKING
- 13.6. RELATED REPORTS
- 13.7. AUTHOR DETAILS