Product Code: CH 3290
"The polyimide films market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.5% from 2018 to 2023, in terms of value"
The polyimide films market is estimated to be USD 1.4 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 2.6 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 12.5% from 2018 to 2023. Increased demand from the electronics industry, the growing automotive industry, and superior thermal & mechanical properties of polyimide films in comparison to other polymers are key factors driving the growth of this market. The high cost of polyimide films acts as a key restraint to market growth.
"Flexible printed circuits is the largest application segment of the polyimide films market"
By application, the flexible printed circuits segment accounted for the largest share of the polyimide films market in 2017. This large share is mainly attributed to the excellent properties of polyimide films that make them a preferred material in various end-use industries, such as electronics and automotive.
"Electronics is the largest end-use industry segment of the polyimide films market"
By end-use industry, the electronics segment accounted for the largest share of the polyimide films market in 2017. Polyimide films have good mechanical and electrical properties in comparison to other thermoplastic films and are, hence, widely used in several applications in the electronics industry. For instance, polyimide films are used as a base material for ﬂexible printed wiring assembly, due to their excellent mechanical and thermal stability and low dielectric constant.
"Asia Pacific is projected to lead the polyimide films market during the forecast period"
By region, Asia Pacific is anticipated to lead the polyimide films market during the forecast period. The market growth in this region is mainly attributed to rising disposable incomes and growing demand for consumer electronics products. The Asia Pacific market is also expected to witness the highest CAGR from 2018 to 2023 owing to the high demand for polyimide films from countries such as China, Japan, India, and South Korea.
Profile break-up of primary participants for the report:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 40%, Tier 2 - 35% and Tier 3 - 25%
- By Designation: C Level - 25%, D Level - 25%, and Others - 50%
- By Region: Asia Pacific - 40%, Europe - 25%, North America - 22%, Middle East & Africa- 8%, and South America - 5%
Furthermore, as part of a qualitative analysis, the research provides a comprehensive review of market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. It also discusses competitive strategies adopted by varied market players, such as E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (US), SKC Kolon PI Inc. (South Korea), Toray Industries Inc. (Japan), Kaneka Corporation (Japan), Ube Industries (Japan), Taimide Tech. Inc. (Taiwan), Arakawa Chemicals Industries Inc. (Japan), Shinmax Technology Ltd. (Taiwan), and FLEXcon Company, Inc. (US).
The report defines, segments, and projects the polyimide films market on the basis of application, end-use industry, and region. It provides detailed information regarding major factors influencing the growth of the market, such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges. It strategically profiles key players and comprehensively analyzes their market share and core competencies as well as tracks and analyzes competitive developments such as partnerships, contracts, and joint ventures; mergers & acquisitions; expansions; new product launches; and research & development activities in the market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market by providing them the closest approximations of revenue numbers of the polyimide films market and its subsegments. This report will also help stakeholders better understand the competitor landscape, gain more insights to better position their businesses, and make suitable go-to-market strategies. The report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
- 1.3.1 REGIONAL SCOPE
- 1.3.2 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.3 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 STAKEHOLDERS
- 1.6 LIMITATIONS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 220.127.116.11 Key data from primary sources
- 18.104.22.168 Key industry insights
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET
- 4.2 POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET, BY END-USE INDUSTRY
- 4.3 POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 4.4 POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET, BY REGION
- 4.5 ASIA PACIFIC POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET, BY END-USE INDUSTRY AND COUNTRY
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.3 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.3.1 DRIVERS
- 22.214.171.124 Increased demand from the electronics industry
- 126.96.36.199 Strong demand from the growing automotive industry
- 188.8.131.52 Superior thermal and mechanical properties in comparison to other polymers
- 5.3.2 RESTRAINTS
- 184.108.40.206 High cost of polyimide films
- 5.3.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing demand in emerging economies
- 18.104.22.168 Preference for transparent polyimide films
- 5.3.4 CHALLENGES
- 22.214.171.124 Issues with the processing of polyimide films
- 5.4 ECONOMIC INDICATORS
- 5.4.1 INDUSTRY OUTLOOK
- 126.96.36.199 Automotive
- 188.8.131.52 Aerospace
- 184.108.40.206 Electronics
- 5.5 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.5.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.5.2 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.5.3 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.5.4 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.5.5 RIVALRY AMONG EXISTING COMPETITORS
- 5.6 RAW MATERIAL ANALYSIS
- 5.6.1 PYROMELLITIC DIANHYDRIDE (PMDA)
- 5.6.2 4,4'-OXYDIANILINE (ODA)
- 5.6.3 BIPHENYL-TETRACARBOXYLIC ACID DIANHYDRIDE (BPDA)
- 5.6.4 PHENYLENEDIAMINE (PDA)
6 POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 FLEXIBLE PRINTED CIRCUITS
- 6.2.1 FLEXIBLE PRINTED CIRCUIT IS THE LARGEST AND THE FASTEST GROWING APPLICATION SEGMENT
- 6.3 SPECIALTY FABRICATED PRODUCTS
- 6.3.1 SPECIALTY FABRICATED PRODUCTS SEGMENT ACCOUNTED FOR THE SECOND LARGEST SHARE IN THE POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET
- 6.4 PRESSURE SENSITIVE TAPES
- 6.4.1 GROWING DEMAND FROM ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY IS EXPECTED TO FUEL THE GROWTH OF PRESSURE SENSITIVE TAPES
- 6.5 WIRES & CABLES
- 6.5.1 WIRES AND CABLES APPLICATION SEGMENT ACCOUNTED FOR FOURTH LARGEST SHARE IN THE POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET
- 6.6 MOTORS/GENERATORS
- 6.6.1 DUE TO THE PROPERTIES SUCH AS HIGH HEAT RESISTANCE AND THINNER INSULATION HAS CREATED A HIGH DEMAND FOR POLYIMDE FILMS IN THE MOTORS/GENERATORS APPLICATIONS
7 POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET, BY END-USE INDUSTRY
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 ELECTRONICS
- 7.2.1 THE ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY ACCOUNTED FOR THE LARGEST SHARE IN GLOBAL POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET
- 7.3 AUTOMOTIVE
- 7.3.1 THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY ACCOUNTED FOR THE SECOND LARGEST SHARE IN GLOBAL POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET
- 7.4 AEROSPACE
- 7.4.1 PROPERTIES SUCH AS HIGH TEMPERATURE RESISTANCE AS WELL AS WEIGHT AND SPACE SAVING HAS RESULTED IN A HIGH DEMAND FOR POLYIMIDE FILMS IN THE AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
- 7.5 SOLAR
- 7.5.1 GROWING SOLAR END-USE INDUSTRY HAS CREATED A HIGH DEMAND FOR THE POLYIMIDE FILMS
- 7.6 LABELING
- 7.6.1 THE NON SHRINKING PROPERTY HAS RESULTED A HIGH DEMAND FOR POLYIMIDE FILMS IN THE LABELING END-USE INDUSTRY
- 7.7 OTHERS
- 7.7.1 MEDICAL
- 7.7.2 MINING & DRILLING
8 POLYIMIDE FILMS MARKET, BY REGION
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 ASIA PACIFIC
- 8.2.1 CHINA
- 220.127.116.11 China accounted for the highest share in the global polyimide films market
- 8.2.2 INDIA
- 18.104.22.168 Growing demand from the electronics and automotive industry has fuelled the growth of the polyimide films in India
- 8.2.3 JAPAN
- 22.214.171.124 Japan accounted for the second largest share in the Asia Pacific sensor bearing market
- 8.2.4 SOUTH KOREA
- 126.96.36.199 High demand from the electronics industry is expected to drive the polyimide films market in South Korea
- 8.2.5 TAIWAN
- 188.8.131.52 Replacment of polyimide films by photo-imageable coverlaysis hindering the growth of polyimide films market in Taiwan
- 8.2.6 MALAYSIA
- 184.108.40.206 High demand from the electronics and automotive industry is expected to drive the growth of the polyimide films market in Malaysia
- 8.2.7 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 8.3 EUROPE
- 8.3.1 GERMANY
- 220.127.116.11 Germany accounted for the largest share in the European polyimide films market
- 8.3.2 FRANCE
- 18.104.22.168 France accounted for the second largest share in the European polyimide films market
- 8.3.3 ITALY
- 22.214.171.124 Growing demand from the automotive industry is expected to drive the polyimide films marekt in Italy
- 8.3.4 UK
- 126.96.36.199 UK accounted for the third largest share in the european polyimide films market
- 8.3.5 RUSSIA
- 188.8.131.52 Growing demand from the electronics end-use industry is fuelling the growth of the polyimide films market in Russia
- 8.3.6 SPAIN
- 184.108.40.206 Improving economic condition of spain is expected to fuel the growth of the polyimide films market in Spain
- 8.3.7 REST OF EUROPE
- 8.4 NORTH AMERICA
- 8.4.1 US
- 220.127.116.11 US accounted for the largest share in the North American polyimide films market
- 8.4.2 CANADA
- 18.104.22.168 Canada accounted for the second largest share in the North American polyimide films market
- 8.4.3 MEXICO
- 22.214.171.124 Growing demand for consumer electronic products in expected to drive the polyimide films market in Mexico
- 8.5 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.5.1 SAUDI ARABIA
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi arabia accounted for the largest share in the Middle East & Africa polyimide films market
- 8.5.2 QATAR
- 188.8.131.52 Qatar accounted for the second largest share in the Middle East & Africa polyimide films market
- 8.5.3 UAE
- 184.108.40.206 High demand for new technological products is expected to drive the growth of the polyimide films market in UAE
- 8.5.4 SOUTH AFRICA
- 220.127.116.11 The growing demand for low prices smartphones is expected to fuel the growth of the polyimide films market in South Africa
- 8.5.5 KUWAIT
- 18.104.22.168 Kuwait accounted for the fouth largest share in the Middle East & Africa polyimide films market
- 8.5.6 REST OF MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 8.6 SOUTH AMERICA
- 8.6.1 BRAZIL
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil accounted for the largest share in the South American polyimide films market
- 8.6.2 ARGENTINA
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina accounted for the second largest share in the South American polyimide films market
- 8.6.3 REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
9 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING (OVERALL MARKET)
- 9.2.1 TERMINOLOGY/NOMENCLATURE
- 188.8.131.52 Visionary leaders
- 184.108.40.206 Innovator
- 220.127.116.11 Dynamic Differentiators
- 18.104.22.168 Emerging Companies
- 9.2.2 STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 9.2.3 BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE
- 9.3 COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING (START-UP/SMSE)
- 9.3.1 TERMINOLOGY/NOMENCLATURE
- 22.214.171.124 Progressive Companies
- 126.96.36.199 Starting Blocks
- 188.8.131.52 Responsive Companies
- 184.108.40.206 Dynamic Companies
- 9.3.2 STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 9.3.3 BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE
- 9.4 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
10 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Product Offerings Scorecard, Products Offered, Business Strategy Scorecard, Recent Developments)*
- 10.1 E. I. DUPONT DE NEMOURS & COMPANY
- 10.2 TAIMIDE TECH. INC.
- 10.3 SAINT-GOBAIN
- 10.4 3M COMPANY
- 10.5 TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
- 10.6 NITTO DENKO CORPORATION
- 10.7 UBE INDUSTRIES LTD.
- 10.8 MITSUBISHI GAS CHEMICAL COMPANY INC.
- 10.9 KANEKA CORPORATION
- 10.10 SKC KOLON PI, INC.
- 10.11 ARAKAWA CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- 10.12 AAVID KUNZE GMBH
- 10.13 DUNMORE CORPORATION
- 10.14 KOLON INDUSTRIES, INC.
- 10.15 TAIFLEX SCIENTIFIC CO. LTD.
- 10.16 EVERTECH ENVISAFE ECOLOGY CO., LTD.
- 10.17 FLEXCON COMPANY, INC.
- 10.18 YONGKANG HAOTAI INDUSTRY AND TRADE CO., LTD.
- 10.19 I.S.T CORPORATION
Details on Business Overview, Product Offerings Scorecard, Products Offered, Business Strategy Scorecard, Recent Developments might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 10.20 OTHER COMPANIES
- 10.20.1 PARAFIX TAPES & CONVERSIONS LTD.
- 10.20.2 DR. DIETRICH MULLER GMBH
- 10.20.3 LIYANG HUAJING ELECTRONIC MATERIAL CO., LTD
- 10.20.4 YUNDA ELECTRONIC MATERIALS CO., LTD.
- 10.20.5 ANABOND LIMITED
- 10.20.6 SUZHOU KYING INDUSTRIAL MATERIALS CO., LTD.
- 10.20.7 VON ROLL HOLDING AG
- 10.20.8 SHINMAX TECHNOLOGY LTD.
- 10.20.9 TIANJIN HENGJI INTERNATIONAL TRADE CO., LTD
- 10.20.10 CIRCUIT COMPONENTS SUPPLIES LTD
- 10.20.11 POLYONICS, INC.
- 11.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 11.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 11.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 11.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 11.5 AUTHOR DETAILS