Product Code: CH 4663
"The antistatic agents market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% between 2019 and 2024 in terms of value."
The antistatic agents market is projected to grow from USD 437 million in 2019 to USD 594 million by 2024, at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2019 to 2024. Rising population, ongoing urbanization, and increasing disposable income of the middle-class population are the main factors that have led to the growth of packaging, electronics, and textiles industries across the globe. This, in turn, is expected to drive the growth of the antistatic agents market, worldwide. Volatility in the prices of raw materials and the formulation and stringent implementation of rules & regulations related to packaging films used in the food & beverages industry are expected to restrain the growth of the antistatic agents market.
The ethoxylated fatty acid amines segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, in terms of value.
Based on product, the ethoxylated fatty acid amines segment of the antistatic agents market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2019 to 2024, in terms of value and volume. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the high processing stability of ethoxylated fatty acid amines and improved performance benefits offered by them as compared to other types of antistatic agents. Ethoxylated fatty acid amines are the widely used antistatic agents in the manufacturing of films & sheets used in the packaging industry to remove or reduce the static charge build-up over their surfaces.
The polypropylene segment is projected to lead the antistatic agents market during the forecast period, in terms of volume.
Based on polymer, the polypropylene segment accounted for the largest share of the antistatic agents market in 2018, in terms of volume. The growth of the polypropylene segment can be attributed to the low electrical conductivity and good chemical and fatigue resistance offered by polypropylene. Hence, polypropylene is widely used in the manufacturing of rigid packaging, flexible packaging, and Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) films.
The Asia Pacific antistatic agents market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2019 and 2024, in terms of both, value and volume.
The Asia Pacific antistatic agents market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, in terms of both, value and volume. The growth of the market in the Asia Pacific region is driven by the increasing demand for antistatic agents from countries such as China and India. China is a major consumer of antistatic agents in the Asia Pacific region, owing to the increased consumption of these agents in the packaging and automotive industries of the country. In terms of volume, the antistatic agents market in China is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the increasing demand for antistatic agents from the packaging and textiles industries of the country.
Breakdown of the primary interviews for the report on the antistatic agents market:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 - 11%, Tier 2 -33%, and Tier 3 - 56%
- By Designation - C Level - 20%, D-Level Executives - 10%, and Others - 70%
- By Region - North America - 36%, Europe - 29%, Asia Pacific - 14%, South America - 7%, Middle East & Africa - 14%
The leading manufacturers of antistatic agents profiled in this report are: BASF SE (Germany), Arkema (France), Clariant (Switzerland), Croda International PLC. (UK), DowDuPont (US), Evonik Industries AG (Germany), Nouryon (Netherlands), Solvay S.A. (Belgium), PolyOne Corporation (US), Riken Vitamin Co., Ltd. (Japan), Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (Japan), and Kao Group (Japan).
The report covers the antistatic agents market based on form, product, polymer, end-use industry, and region. It aims at estimating the size and future growth potential of the market across various segments. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key market players, along with their profiles and key growth strategies adopted by them.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
From an insight perspective, this report focuses on various levels of analyses such as industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles. These insights together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments, high-growth regions, and drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges influencing the growth of the antistatic agents market across the globe.
The report provides insights on the following:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on various products and polymers of antistatic agents offered by top players operating in the market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming developments in the field of antistatic agents, R&D activities carried out for the development of new and innovative antistatic agents, and their new applications in various end-use industries
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative and emerging markets across different regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments undertaken in the antistatic agents market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the antistatic agents market
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 STUDY SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 STAKEHOLDERS
- 1.6 LIMITATIONS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 18.104.22.168 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 22.214.171.124 Key data from primary sources
- 126.96.36.199 Key industry insights
- 188.8.131.52 Break down of primaries
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES IN THE ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET
- 4.2 ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 4.3 ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET BY POLYMER AND END-USE INDUSTRY
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing demand for antistatic agents from various end-use industries
- 220.127.116.11 Growing adoption of green antistatic agents across the globe
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 18.104.22.168 Formulation and stringent implementation of rules & regulations related to packaging films for food & beverages
- 22.214.171.124 Volatility in the prices of raw materials
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 126.96.36.199 Development of new and improved antistatic agents
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 188.8.131.52 Management of plastic wastes generated from the packaging and electronic industries
- 184.108.40.206 Lack of proper regulations to monitor the use of antistatic agents in emerging economies
- 5.3 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.3.1 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.3.2 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.3.3 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.3.4 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.3.5 INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
6 ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET, BY CATEGORY
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 EXTERNAL ANTISTATIC AGENTS
- 6.2.1 TOPICAL ANTISTATIC AGENTS
- 6.3 INTERNAL ANTISTATIC AGENTS
- 6.3.1 MIGRATORY ANTISTATIC AGENTS
- 220.127.116.11 Cationic antistatic agents
- 18.104.22.168 Anionic antistatic agents
- 22.214.171.124 Nonionic antistatic agents
7 ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET, BY FORM
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 LIQUID
- 7.2.1 GREATER TENDENCY TO MIGRATE INTO THE MATERIAL SURFACE COMPARED TO OTHER FORMS IS EXPECTED TO DRIVE THE GROWTH OF LIQUID ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET.
- 7.3 POWDER
- 7.3.1 INCREASING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL KINDS OF THERMOSETTING POWDER COATING IS PROJECTED TO GROW MARKET FOR POWDER FORM
- 7.4 OTHERS
- 7.4.1 ASIA PACIFIC REGION IS EXPECTED TO LEAD THE OTHERS SEGMENT OF ANTISTATIC AGENT MARKET
8 ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 ETHOXYLATED FATTY ACID AMINES
- 8.2.1 INCREASING DEMAND FOR POLYETHYLENE FILMS & SHEETS IS PROJECTED TO DRIVE THE MARKET FOR ETHOXYLATED FATTY ACID AMINES
- 8.3 GLYCEROL MONOSTEARATE
- 8.3.1 GLYCEROL MONOSTEARATE PRODUCT IS EXPECTED TO GROW ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET, OWING TO ITS HIGH HEAT STABILITY PROPERTIES.
- 8.4 DIETHANOLAMIDES
- 8.4.1 HIGH COMPATIBILITY OF DIETHANOLAMIDE WITH VARIOUS COMMODITY PLASTICS HAS LED ITS GROWTH IN ANTISTATIC AGENT MARKET
- 8.5 OTHERS
- 8.5.1 INCREASING DEMAND FORM TEXTILE INDUSTRIES HAS ANTICIPATED THE GROWTH FOR OTHERS SEGMENT OF ANTISTATIC AGENTS
9 ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET, BY POLYMER
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 POLYPROPYLENE (PP)
- 9.2.1 VERSATILITY AND COMPATIBILITY OF PP WITH OTHER POLYMER AND ADDITIVES HAS LED TO INCREASE ITS USE FOR PRODUCING ANTISTATIC ADDITIVES
- 9.3 ACRYLONITRILE BUTADIENE STYRENE (ABS)
- 9.3.1 INCREASING APPLICATIONS IN AUTOMOBILE AND ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS IS EXPECTED GROW ABS POLYMER IN ANTISTATIC AGENT MARKET
- 9.4 POLYETHYLENE (PE)
- 9.4.1 PE POLYMER IS EXPECTED TO GROW ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET, OWING TO ITS INCREASED APPLICATIONS IN VARIOUS INDUSTRIES.
- 9.5 POLYVINYL CHLORIDE (PVC)
- 9.5.1 PVC POLYMER IS PROJECTED TO INCREASE ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET, DUE TO ITS INCREASING USE IN ELECTRONICS AND HEALTHCARE INDUSTRIES.
- 9.6 OTHERS
- 9.6.1 INCREASING APPLICATIONS IN VARIOUS INDUSTRIES HAS LED THE GROWTH OF OTHERS SEGMENT OF ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET
10 ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET, BY END-USE INDUSTRY
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 PACKAGING
- 10.2.1 INCREASE IN DEMAND TO REDUCE THE ACCUMULATION OF STATIC CHARGE IN PACKAGING INDUSTRY, IS EXPECTED TO GROW THE DEMAND FOR ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET
- 10.3 ELECTRONICS
- 10.3.1 LOWER COST AND INSULATION PROPERTIES OF PLASTICS HAS INCREASED THE DEMAND FOR ANTISTATIC AGENT
- 10.4 AUTOMOTIVE
- 10.4.1 INCREASING USE OF PLASTICS IN AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRIES IS PROJECTED TO GROW THE DEMAND FOR ANTISTATIC AGENTS.
- 10.5 TEXTILES
- 10.5.1 TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT SUCH AS HIGH SPEED SPINNING AND WEAVING IN THE TEXTILE INDUSTRY IS ANTICIPATED TO INCREASE DEMAND FOR ANTISTATIC AGENTS.
- 10.6 OTHERS
- 10.6.1 INCREASING APPLICATION FROM VARIOUS END-USE INDUSTRIES IS DRIVING THE GROWTH OF ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET
11 REGIONAL ANALYSIS
- 11.1 INTRODUCTION
- 11.2 NORTH AMERICA
- 11.2.1 US
- 126.96.36.199 US is projected to lead the North America antistatic agents market from 2019 to 2024
- 11.2.2 CANADA
- 188.8.131.52 Increased automobile production in Canada is expected to drive the growth of the antistatic agents market in the country
- 11.2.3 MEXICO
- 184.108.40.206 Increased production of automotive parts and rise in demand for plastics used in packaging materials are expected to drive the growth of the antistatic agents market in Mexico
- 11.3 EUROPE
- 11.3.1 GERMANY
- 220.127.116.11 Germany is projected to lead the European antistatic agents market during the forecast period in terms of volume
- 11.3.2 RUSSIA
- 18.104.22.168 Flourishing textiles industry of Russia is expected to drive the growth of the antistatic agents market in the country
- 11.3.3 ITALY
- 22.214.171.124 Increasing consumption of antistatic agents in various end-use industries is expected to drive the growth of the antistatic agents market in Italy
- 11.3.4 FRANCE
- 126.96.36.199 Increasing foreign investments in various end-use industries are expected to fuel the growth of the antistatic agents market in France
- 11.3.5 UK
- 188.8.131.52 Flourishing flexible packaging industry in the country is expected to drive the growth of the antistatic agents market in the UK
- 11.3.6 SPAIN
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing consumption of packaging materials in the country is expected to fuel the growth of the antistatic agents market in Spain
- 11.3.7 REST OF EUROPE
- 220.127.116.11 Initiatives undertaken by governments of different countries of the region to promote their manufacturing sectors are expected to contribute to the growth of the antistatic agents market in the Rest of Europe
- 11.4 SOUTH AMERICA
- 11.4.1 BRAZIL
- 18.104.22.168 Increased automotive production in Brazil is expected to fuel the demand for antistatic agents in the country
- 11.4.2 ARGENTINA
- 22.214.171.124 Growth of various end-use industries in the country is expected to lead to the growth of the antistatic agents market in Argentina
- 11.4.3 REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
- 126.96.36.199 Growth of antistatic agents in various countries of the region is expected to fuel the growth of the Rest of South America antistatic agents market
- 11.5 ASIA PACIFIC
- 11.5.1 CHINA
- 188.8.131.52 In terms of value, China is projected to lead the Asia Pacific antistatic agents market during the forecast period
- 11.5.2 JAPAN
- 184.108.40.206 Advent of new and innovative automobile production technologies is projected to fuel the growth of the antistatic agents market in Japan
- 11.5.3 INDIA
- 220.127.116.11 Availability of cheap labor and rise in the inflow of FDI in the manufacturing sector of the country are fueling the growth of the antistatic agents market in India
- 11.5.4 INDONESIA
- 18.104.22.168 Growing demand for antistatic agents from the packaging films & sheets and textiles industries is expected to contribute to the growth of the antistatic agents market in Indonesia
- 11.5.5 SOUTH KOREA
- 22.214.171.124 Technological advancements in the field of electronics and semiconductors in the country are projected to drive the growth of the antistatic agents market in South Korea
- 11.5.6 REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 126.96.36.199 Growth of various end-use industries is expected to lead to the increased consumption of antistatic agents in the Rest of Asia Pacific
- 11.6 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA (MEA)
- 11.6.1 SAUDI ARABIA
- 188.8.131.52 Increasing demand for antistatic agents from the packaging and automobiles industries is fueling the growth of the Saudi Arabia antistatic agents market
- 11.6.2 UAE
- 184.108.40.206 Increasing use of electronic products and appliances is expected to fuel the growth of the UAE antistatic agents market
- 11.6.3 SOUTH AFRICA
- 220.127.116.11 Growing application of antistatic agents in various end-use industries is driving the growth of the antistatic agents market in South Africa
- 11.6.4 REST OF MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- 18.104.22.168 Rising demand for antistatic agents from the automotive and furniture sectors is projected to propel the growth of the antistatic agents market in the Rest of Middle East & Africa
12 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 12.1 INTRODUCTION
- 12.1.1 VISIONARIES
- 12.1.2 INNOVATORS
- 12.1.3 DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 12.1.4 EMERGING COMPANIES
- 12.2 RANKING OF KEY MARKET PLAYERS IN THE ANTISTATIC AGENTS MARKET, 2018
13 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View)*
- 13.1 BASF SE
- 13.2 NOURYON
- 13.3 DOWDUPONT
- 13.4 CLARIANT
- 13.5 CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC.
- 13.6 ARKEMA
- 13.7 EVONIK INDUSTRIES AG
- 13.8 SOLVAY S.A.
- 13.9 POLYONE CORPORATION
- 13.10 RIKEN VITAMIN CO., LTD.
- 13.11 KAO GROUP
- 13.12 MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL CORPORATION
Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 13.13 OTHER KEY PLAYERS
- 13.13.1 KENRICH PETROCHEMICALS INC.
- 13.13.2 FINE ORGANICS
- 13.13.3 CORBION N.V.
- 13.13.4 PALSGAARD
- 13.13.5 EMERY OLEOCHEMICALS
- 13.13.6 TOSAF COMPOUNDS LTD.
- 13.13.7 ILSHINWELLS
- 13.13.8 LAMBERTI S.P.A.
- 13.13.9 FOSTER CORPORATION
- 13.13.10 ADEKA EUROPE GMBH
- 13.13.11 BLEND COLOURS
- 13.13.12 NEW JAPAN CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- 13.13.13 WELSUM TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
- 14.1 INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 14.2 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 14.3 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 14.4 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 14.5 RELATED REPORTS
- 14.6 AUTHOR DETAILS