Product Code: SE 4626
"The optical transceiver market growth directly linked with the worldwide increasing Internet penetration and data traffic"
The optical transceiver market was valued at USD 2.71 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 6.87 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 13.5% between 2016 and 2022. This growth can be attributed to the fact of increasing Internet penetration and data traffic in the world. Growing demand for smartphones and other connecting devices and mainstream adoption of cloud computing are the other factors driving the growth of the optical transceiver market. The industry is more concerned about the increasing network complexity, which is highly restraining the optical transceiver market. This is mainly due to the increasing demand for compactness and adoption of emerging infrastructures such as Internet of Things (IoT) and open source platforms through cloud.
"Data center application is expected to be the fastest-growing application in the optical transceiver market during the forecast period"
The optical transceiver market for the data center application is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2022. This is mainly because of the growing Internet usage by the smartphones and other connected devices as well as mainstream adoption of the cloud computing. The second fastest-growing application is the enterprise application. This is primarily because of the growing installation of transceivers in the intelligent network within enterprises and data center applicability within enterprises as well.
"APAC is the fastest-growing region for the optical transceiver market during the forecast period"
APAC is expected to be the fastest-growing region of the optical transceiver market, at an estimated CAGR of 19.3% between 2016 and 2022. The main reason behind this is the extension of network in the China, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, India, and other developing countries in the APAC region. The market in the APAC has evolved into the largest producer and also the consumer of smartphones, laptops, TVs, and various other applications across the globe and consequently the demand for Internet is growing tremendously in the region. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. APAC also accounts for the second-largest share in 2016 of the total optical transceiver market.
The breakup of primaries conducted during the study is depicted in below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 Companies - 55%, Tier 2 Companies - 20%, and Tier 3 Companies - 25%
- By Designation: C-level Executives - 61%, Directors - 25%, and Managers - 14%
- By Region: North America- 13%, Europe- 25%, APAC- 51%, and RoW- 11%
Some of the major players in the optical transceiver market include: Finisar Corp. (U.S.), Accelink Technologies Co., Ltd. (China), Lumentum Holdings Inc. (U.S.), Oclaro, Inc (U.S.), Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (Japan), Foxconn Electronics Inc. (Taiwan), NeoPhotonics Corp. (U.S.), Fujitsu Optical Components Ltd. (Japan), Reflex Photonics Inc. (Canada), and Source Photonics Inc. (U.S.), among others.
This report includes the market statistics pertaining to form factor, data rate, distance, wavelength, application, and geography, along with their respective market size.
- The average optical transceiver content per application, region, and country is available in the report.
- The Porter's five forces framework has been utilized, along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the optical transceiver market.
- Major drivers, restraints, and opportunities for the optical transceiver market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the markets on the basis component, application, and geography have been conducted to give an overall view of the optical transceiver market.
- A detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and market share of the key players.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 STUDY SCOPE
- 1.3.1 MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2 GEOGRAPHIC SCOPE
- 1.3.3 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 MARKET STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 126.96.36.199 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 188.8.131.52 Key data from primary sources
- 184.108.40.206 Key industry insights
- 220.127.116.11 Breakdown of primaries
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.2.3 MARKET SHARE ESTIMATION
- 2.3 MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE MARKET OPPORTUNITIES IN THE GLOBAL OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET
- 4.2 OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 4.3 OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET, BY DATA RATE AND DISTANCE
- 4.4 COUNTRY-WISE ANALYSIS OF THE OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET
- 4.5 OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET SIZE, BY REGION
- 4.6 OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET, BY WAVELENGTH
- 4.7 OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET LIFE CYCLE ANALYSIS, BY FORM FACTOR
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET EVOLUTION
- 5.3 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.3.1 BY FORM FACTOR
- 5.3.2 BY DATA RATE
- 5.3.3 BY DISTANCE
- 5.3.4 BY WAVELENGTH
- 5.3.5 BY APPLICATION
- 5.3.6 BY GEOGRAPHY
- 5.4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.4.1 DRIVERS
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing Internet penetration and data traffic
- 22.214.171.124 Growing demand for smartphones and other connecting devices
- 126.96.36.199 Mainstream adoption of cloud computing
- 5.4.2 RESTRAINTS
- 188.8.131.52 Increasing network complexity
- 5.4.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 184.108.40.206 Introduction of smaller, cheaper, and energy-efficient transceivers
- 220.127.116.11 Commercialization of IoT
- 18.104.22.168 Deployment of VoIP, LTE, and 5G networks
- 22.214.171.124 Extension of network in developing countries
- 5.4.4 CHALLENGES
- 126.96.36.199 Continuous optimization of component size
6 INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
- 6.3 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 6.3.1 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 6.3.2 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 6.3.3 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 6.3.4 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 6.3.5 COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
7 OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET, BY FORM FACTOR
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 SFF AND SFP
- 7.3 SFP+ AND SFP28
- 7.4 QSFP, QSFP+, QSFP14, AND QSFP28
- 7.5 CFP, CFP2, AND CFP4
- 7.6 XFP
- 7.7 CXP
- 7.8 OTHERS
8 OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET, BY DATA RATE
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 LESS THAN 10 GBPS
- 8.3 GREATER THAN 10 GBPS AND LESS THAN 40 GBPS
- 8.4 GREATER THAN 40 GBPS AND LESS THAN 100 GBPS
- 8.5 GREATER THAN 100 GBPS
9 OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET, BY DISTANCE
- 9.1 INTRODUCTION
- 9.2 LESS THAN 1 KM
- 9.3 GREATER THAN 1 KM TO LESS THAN 10 KM
- 9.4 GREATER THAN 10 KM TO LESS THAN 100 KM
- 9.5 GREATER THAN 100 KM
10 OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET, BY WAVELENGTH
- 10.1 INTRODUCTION
- 10.2 850 NM BAND
- 10.3 1310 NM BAND
- 10.4 1550 NM BAND
- 10.5 OTHERS
- 10.5.1 CWDM
- 10.5.2 DWDM
- 10.5.3 BIDI
11 OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 11.1 INTRODUCTION
- 11.2 TELECOMMUNICATION
- 11.2.1 ULTRA-LONG HAUL NETWORK
- 11.2.2 LONG HAUL NETWORK
- 11.2.3 METRO NETWORK
- 11.3 DATA CENTER
- 11.3.1 DATA CENTER INTERCONNECT
- 11.3.2 INTRA-DATA CENTER CONNECTION
- 11.4 ENTERPRISE
- 11.4.1 ENTERPRISE ROUTING
- 11.4.2 ENTERPRISE SWITCHING
12 OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
- 12.1 INTRODUCTION
- 12.2 AMERICAS
- 12.2.1 U.S.
- 12.2.2 CANADA
- 12.2.3 MEXICO
- 12.2.4 BRAZIL
- 12.2.5 REST OF THE AMERICAS
- 12.3 EUROPE
- 12.3.1 GERMANY
- 12.3.2 U.K.
- 12.3.3 ITALY
- 12.3.4 FRANCE
- 12.3.5 REST OF EUROPE
- 12.4 ASIA-PACIFIC
- 12.4.1 CHINA
- 12.4.2 JAPAN
- 12.4.3 SOUTH KOREA
- 12.4.4 INDIA
- 12.4.5 REST OF APAC
- 12.5 ROW
- 12.5.1 MIDDLE EAST
- 12.5.2 AFRICA
13 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 13.1 OVERVIEW
- 13.2 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- 13.3 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 13.3.1 NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 13.3.2 ACQUISITIONS, EXPANSIONS, AND AGREEMENTS
14 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business overview, Products offered, Recent developments, MNM view, SWOT analysis)*
- 14.2 FINISAR CORP.
- 14.3 LUMENTUM HOLDINGS INC.
- 14.4 ACCELINK TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD.
- 14.5 OCLARO, INC.
- 14.6 SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- 14.7 FOXCONN ELECTRONICS INC.
- 14.8 NEOPHOTONICS CORP.
- 14.9 FUJITSU OPTICAL COMPONENTS LTD.
- 14.10 REFLEX PHOTONICS INC.
- 14.11 SOURCE PHOTONICS, INC.
Business overview, Products offered, Recent developments, MNM view, SWOT analysis might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 15.1 INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 15.2 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 15.3 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 15.4 INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 15.5 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 15.6 RELATED REPORTS