Product Code: MD 3726
"The global 3D printing medical devices market projected to grow at a CAGR of 17.5%"
The global 3D printing medical devices market is projected to reach USD 1.88 billion by 2022 from USD 0.84 billion in 2017, at a CAGR of 17.5%. Factors such as technological advancements, increasing public-private funding, easy development of customized medical products, and growing applications in the healthcare industry are expected to drive the growth of the 3D printing medical devices market. On the other hand, the stringent regulatory process and the dearth of trained professionals are factors that are expected to limit market growth to a certain extent.
"The equipment segment to register the highest growth during the forecast period"
On the basis of component, the 3D printing medical devices market is segmented into equipment, materials, and software & services. The equipment segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Rising awareness and increasing adoption of 3D printing in a number of healthcare applications are the key factors contributing to its market growth.
"Asia-Pacific to witness the highest growth during the forecast period"
In 2017, North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global 3D printing medical devices market, while Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth during 2017 to 2022. A number of factors such new 3D printing research, training, and education centers, and rising efforts by leading market players for expanding their distribution networks in emerging Asian countries are contributing to the growth of the 3D printing medical devices market in this regional segment.
Breakdown of primary interviews: by company type, designation, and region:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 - 35%, Tier 2 - 40% and Tier 3 - 25%
- By Designation - C-level - 30%, Director Level - 22%, Others - 50%
- By Region - North America - 37%, Europe - 32%, APAC - 26%, RoW - 9%
Some of the major market players in the 3D printing medical devices market are Stratasys, Ltd. (Israel & U.S.), 3D Systems Corporation (U.S.), EnvisionTEC GmbH (Germany), Materialise NV (Belgium), EOS GmbH (Germany), Arcam AB (Sweden), Concept Laser GmbH (Germany), Renishaw plc (U.K.), Prodways Group (France), and 3T RPD Ltd. (U.K.). Product launches, agreements, and partnerships were the major strategies adopted by market players to achieve growth in the market.
This report studies the 3D printing medical devices market based on technology, component, and type. The report also studies factors (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) affecting market growth. It analyzes opportunities and challenges in the market for stakeholders and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders. Furthermore, the report analyzes micromarkets with respect to their individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the total market. The report forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four main regions.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insights perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis-industry trends, competitive mapping of top 25 companies in this market, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the 3D printing medical devices market, and high-growth regions and their respective drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms, garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the major players in the 3D printing medical devices market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming products, research and development activities, and product launches in the 3D printing medical devices market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various 3D printing medical devices across geographies.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the 3D printing medical devices market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the 3D printing medical devices market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY RESEARCH
- 184.108.40.206. Key Data From Secondary Sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY RESEARCH
- 220.127.116.11. Key Data from Primary Sources
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION METHODOLOGY
- 2.2.1. BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2. TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.3. MARKET DATA VALIDATION AND TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. 3D PRINTING MEDICAL DEVICES: MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2. ASIA-PACIFIC: 3D PRINTING MEDICAL DEVICES MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 4.3. 3D-PRINTED MEDICAL PRODUCTS MARKET, BY TYPE, 2017 VS. 2022(USD MILLION)
- 4.4. GEOGRAPHICAL SNAPSHOT OF THE 3D PRINTING MEDICAL DEVICES MARKET
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1. DRIVERS
- 18.104.22.168. Technological advancements in 3D printing
- 22.214.171.124. Increasing public-private funding for 3D printing activities
- 126.96.36.199. Easy development of customized medical products using 3D printing
- 188.8.131.52. Growing applications of 3D printing in the healthcare industry
- 5.2.2. RESTRAINTS
- 184.108.40.206. Stringent regulatory process for the approval of 3D-printed medical devices
- 5.2.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 220.127.116.11. Direct digital manufacturing
- 18.104.22.168. Reconfiguration of supply chain models of medical device manufacturers
- 22.214.171.124. Expiry of key patents in the 3D printing industry
- 126.96.36.199. Growing demand for organ transplant
- 5.2.4. CHALLENGES
- 188.8.131.52. Socio-ethical concerns related to the use of 3D-printed products
- 184.108.40.206. Dearth of trained professionals
- 220.127.116.11. Process control and understanding
- 5.2.5. INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 18.104.22.168. Conferences and symposiums
- 22.214.171.124. Partnerships, agreements, and collaborations
6. 3D PRINTING MEDICAL DEVICES MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. LASER BEAM MELTING
- 6.2.1. DIRECT METAL LASER SINTERING
- 6.2.2. SELECTIVE LASER SINTERING
- 6.2.3. SELECTIVE LASER MELTING
- 6.2.4. LASERCUSING
- 6.3. PHOTOPOLYMERIZATION
- 6.3.1. DIGITAL LIGHT PROCESSING
- 126.96.36.199. CONTINUOUS LIQUID INTERFACE PRODUCTION
- 6.3.2. STEREOLITHOGRAPHY
- 6.3.3. TWO-PHOTON POLYMERIZATION (2PP)
- 6.3.4. POLYJET 3D PRINTING TECHNOLOGY
- 6.4. ELECTRON BEAM MELTING
- 6.5. DROPLET DEPOSITION OR EXTRUSION-BASED TECHNOLOGIES
- 6.5.1. FUSED DEPOSITION MODELING (FDM)
- 6.5.2. MULTIPHASE JET SOLIDIFICATION
- 6.5.3. LOW-TEMPERATURE DEPOSITION MANUFACTURING
- 6.6. THREE-DIMENSIONAL PRINTING (3DP) OR ADHESION BONDING OR BINDER JETTING
7. 3D PRINTING MEDICAL DEVICES MARKET, BY COMPONENT
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. EQUIPMENT
- 7.2.1. 3D PRINTERS
- 7.2.2. 3D BIOPRINTERS
- 7.3. MATERIALS
- 7.3.1. PLASTICS
- 188.8.131.52. Thermoplastics
- 184.108.40.206. Photopolymers
- 7.3.2. METAL AND METAL ALLOY POWDERS
- 7.3.3. BIOPRINTING BIOMATERIALS
- 7.3.4. OTHERS
- 220.127.116.11. Ceramics
- 18.104.22.168. Paper
- 22.214.171.124. Wax
- 7.4. SERVICES & SOFTWARE
8. 3D-PRINTED MEDICAL PRODUCTS MARKET, BY TYPE
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. SURGICAL GUIDES
- 8.2.1. DENTAL GUIDES
- 8.2.2. CRANIOMAXILLOFACIAL GUIDES
- 8.2.3. ORTHOPEDIC GUIDES
- 8.3. SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS
- 8.3.1. SURGICAL FASTENERS
- 8.3.2. SCALPELS
- 8.3.3. RETRACTORS
- 8.4. PROSTHETICS AND IMPLANTS
- 8.4.1. STANDARD IMPLANTS
- 8.4.2. CUSTOM IMPLANTS
- 126.96.36.199. Custom Orthopedic Implants
- 188.8.131.52. Custom Dental Implants
- 184.108.40.206. Custom Craniomaxillofacial Implants
- 8.5. TISSUE ENGINEERING PRODUCTS
- 8.5.1. BONE AND CARTILAGE SCAFFOLDS
- 8.5.2. LIGAMENT AND TENDON SCAFFOLDS
9. 3D PRINTING MEDICAL DEVICES MARKET, BY REGION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 9.2.1. U.S.
- 9.2.2. CANADA
- 9.3. EUROPE
- 9.3.1. GERMANY
- 9.3.2. U.K.
- 9.3.3. FRANCE
- 9.3.4. REST OF EUROPE (ROE)
- 9.4. ASIA-PACIFIC
- 9.4.1. JAPAN
- 9.4.2. CHINA
- 9.4.3. INDIA
- 9.4.4. REST OF ASIA-PACIFIC (ROAPAC)
- 9.5. REST OF THE WORLD
- 9.5.1. LATIN AMERICA
- 9.5.2. MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- 10.3. COMPETITIVE LEADERSHIP MAPPING
- 10.3.1. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 10.3.2. INNOVATORS
- 10.3.3. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 10.3.4. EMERGING COMPANIES
- 10.4. COMPETITIVE BENCHMARKING
- 10.4.1. STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO (25 PLAYERS)
- 10.4.2. BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE (25 PLAYERS)
11. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Products Offered, Strength Of Product Portfolio, Business Strategy Excellence, Recent Developments)*
- 11.1. STRATASYS LTD.
- 11.2. ENVISIONTEC GMBH
- 11.3. 3D SYSTEMS CORPORATION
- 11.4. EOS GMBH ELECTRO OPTICAL SYSTEMS
- 11.5. RENISHAW PLC
- 11.6. MATERIALISE NV
- 11.7. ARCAM AB
- 11.8. 3T RPD LTD.
- 11.9. CONCEPT LASER GMBH
- 11.10. PRODWAYS GROUP
- 11.11. CARBON, INC.
- 11.12. SLM SOLUTIONS GROUP AG
- 11.13. ORGANOVO HOLDINGS, INC.
- 11.14. BIOMEDICAL MODELING INC.
- 11.15. ANATOMICS PTY LTD.
*Business Overview, Products Offered, Strength Of Product Portfolio, Business Strategy Excellence, Recent Developments might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.2. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.3. INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 12.4. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 12.5. RELATED REPORTS
- 12.6. AUTHOR DETAILS