Product Code: BT 3524
Over the years, the elemental analysis market has witnessed various technological advancements to meet the needs of biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies; food and beverage, chemical, and semiconductor industries; and environmental testing. These advancements have led to the development of Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectrometry (ICP), Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS), and Atomic Absorption Spectrometry (AAS). These technologies result in efficient quantitative and qualitative analysis of various organic and inorganic elements.
In 2015, the nondestructive technology segment is expected to account for the larger share of the global elemental analysis market, by technology; the inorganic elemental analysis segment is expected to account for the larger share of the elemental analysis market, by type; while the environment testing segment is expected to account for the largest share of elemental analysis market, by application.
In 2015, North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global elemental analysis market, followed by Europe, Asia, and the Rest of the World (RoW). In the coming years, the elemental analysis market is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the Asian region, with emphasis on India, China, and Japan. The high growth in India and China can be attributed to China's focus on innovative cancer treatments aided by ICP-AES, strategic expansions by players in China, use of Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) in traditional Chinese medicines, increasing focus on soil testing and food security, and training programs to increase awareness of elemental analysis in India.
The global elemental analysis market witnesses high competitive intensity as there are several big and many small firms with similar product offerings. These companies adopt various strategies (agreements, partnerships, joint ventures, collaborations, geographic expansions, new product launches, and acquisitions) to increase their market shares and establish a strong foothold in the global market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn helps the firms to garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the elemental analysis market. The report analyzes the elemental analysis market, by type, technology, and application
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the elemental analysis market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various elemental analysis technologies across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the elemental analysis market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the elemental analysis market
Table of Contents
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY STEPS
- 2.2. SECONDARY AND PRIMARY RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.2.1. SECONDARY RESEARCH
- 184.108.40.206. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.2.2. PRIMARY RESEARCH
- 220.127.116.11. Key industry insights
- 18.104.22.168. Key data from primary sources
- 22.214.171.124. Key insights from primary sources
- 2.3. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION METHODOLOGY
- 2.4. MARKET FORECAST METHODOLOGY
- 2.5. MARKET DATA VALIDATION AND TRIANGULATION
- 2.6. ASSUMPTIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 3.1. INTRODUCTION
- 3.2. CURRENT SCENARIO
- 3.3. FUTURE OUTLOOK
- 3.4. CONCLUSION
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. GLOBAL ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS MARKET
- 4.2. ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS MARKET, BY REGION AND APPLICATION
- 4.3. REGIONAL SNAPSHOT OF THE ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS MARKET
- 4.4. ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY (2015 VS. 2020)
- 4.5. ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS MARKET, BY TYPE
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.3. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.3.1. DRIVERS
- 126.96.36.199. New international cGMP & cGDP certification for pharmaceutical excipients
- 188.8.131.52. Growing food safety concerns
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing use of X-ray fluorescence in medical research
- 220.127.116.11. Use of atomic absorption spectroscopy (AAS) in the drug safety process in North America
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing life science R&D spending
- 5.3.2. RESTRAINT
- 22.214.171.124. High cost of equipment
- 5.3.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 126.96.36.199. Emerging markets in India and China
- 188.8.131.52. Need to comply with revised USP guidelines
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing demand from applied markets
- 5.3.4. CHALLENGE
- 220.127.116.11. Need for highly skilled professionals
6. INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 6.2.1. BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 18.104.22.168. Presence of Large Number of Suppliers
- 22.214.171.124. Less Dependency on Single Supplier
- 6.2.2. BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 126.96.36.199. Large Supplier Pool
- 6.2.3. THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 188.8.131.52. Capital-intensive Market
- 184.108.40.206. Dominance of Existing Players
- 6.2.4. THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 220.127.116.11. Developing Technologies
- 6.2.5. INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
- 18.104.22.168. Presence of Small and Large Firms
- 6.3. SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYSIS
- 6.3.1. PROMINENT COMPANIES
- 6.3.2. SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES
- 6.3.3. END USERS
- 6.3.4. KEY INFLUENCERS
- 22.214.171.124. Investors, Venture Capitalists, and Funding Bodies
- 126.96.36.199. Regulatory Bodies
- 188.8.131.52. Academic Researchers/Organizations
7. ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS MARKET, BY TYPE
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. ORGANIC ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS
- 7.3. INORGANIC ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS
8. ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.1.1. DESTRUCTIVE TECHNOLOGIES
- 184.108.40.206. Inductively Coupled Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- 220.127.116.11. Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectroscopy (ICP-MS)
- 18.104.22.168. Combustion Analysis
- 22.214.171.124. Chemical Method
- 126.96.36.199. Electroanalytical Method
- 8.1.2. NONDESTRUCTIVE TECHNOLOGIES
- 188.8.131.52. X-ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy (XRF)
- 184.108.40.206. Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- 220.127.116.11. Optical Emission Spectrometry (OES):
9. ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. LIFE SCIENCES
- 9.2.1. PHARMACEUTICAL APPLICATIONS
- 9.2.2. BIOTECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS
- 9.2.3. CLINICAL/DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATIONS
- 9.3. ENVIRONMENT TESTING
- 9.4. FOOD & BEVERAGE TESTING
- 9.5. GEOLOGY
- 9.6. OTHER APPLICATIONS
10. ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS MARKET, BY REGION
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 10.2.1. U.S.
- 10.2.2. CANADA
- 10.3. EUROPE
- 10.3.1. GERMANY
- 10.3.2. U.K.
- 10.3.3. FRANCE
- 10.3.4. ITALY
- 10.3.5. SPAIN
- 10.3.6. REST OF EUROPE (ROE)
- 10.4. ASIA
- 10.4.1. JAPAN
- 10.4.2. CHINA
- 10.4.3. INDIA
- 10.4.4. REST OF ASIA
- 10.5. REST OF THE WORLD (ROW)
- 10.5.1. LATIN AMERICA
- 10.5.2. MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 10.5.3. PACIFIC COUNTRIES
11. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 11.1. OVERVIEW
- 11.2. MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- 11.2.1. AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 11.2.2. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC.
- 11.2.3. PERKINELMER, INC.
- 11.3. COMPETITIVE SITUATION AND TRENDS
- 11.3.1. NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 11.3.2. EXPANSIONS
- 11.3.3. ACQUISITIONS
- 11.3.4. AGREEMENTS, ALLIANCES, AND COLLABORATIONS
- 11.3.5. OTHER DEVELOPMENTS
12. COMPANY PROFILES (Overview, Financials, Products & Services, Strategy, & Developments)*
- 12.1. INTRODUCTION
- 12.2. AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 12.3. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC.
- 12.4. PERKINELMER, INC.
- 12.5. AMETEK, INC.
- 12.6. BRUKER CORPORATION
- 12.7. HORIBA, LTD.
- 12.8. SHIMADZU CORPORATION
- 12.9. RIGAKU CORPORATION
- 12.10. ANALYTIK JENA AG
- 12.11. ELEMENTAR GROUP
*Details on Financials, Product & Services, Strategy, & Developments might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 13.1. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 13.2. COMPANY DEVELOPMENTS (2012-2015)
- 13.2.1. AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 13.2.2. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, INC.
- 13.2.3. PERKINELMER, INC.
- 13.2.4. AMETEK, INC.
- 13.2.5. BRUKER CORPORATION
- 13.2.6. HORIBA, LTD.
- 13.2.7. RIGAKU CORPORATION
- 13.2.8. ANALYTIK JENA AG
- 13.2.9. ELEMENTAR GROUP
- 13.3. INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 13.4. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 13.5. RELATED REPORTS