Product Code: TC 2433
"Increasing adoption for the Next-Generation Telematics Protocol (NGTP) for enhanced telematics delivery is expected to drive the growth of the commercial vehicle telematics market."
The commercial vehicle telematics market size is expected to grow from USD 7.31 billion in 2017 to USD 18.43 billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 20.3%. The major driver for the upsurge in demand in the commercial vehicle telematics market includes growing government mandate for deploying vehicle tracking in commercial vehicles. The restraining factors include increased communication leading to security and privacy concern which affects and halts the growth of the commercial vehicle telematics market.
Fleet tracking and monitoring solutions are expected to have the largest market share during the forecast period.
The fleet tracking and monitoring solution also enables instant access to important vehicle information encompassing location tracking, remote diagnostics, engine predictive maintenance, and fuel management. The growth of this solution is attributed to its increased adoption by the fleet managers to optimize the operations of their commercial fleets. The solution also saves time and increase safety and security of the commercial fleet.
Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to grow at the fastest rate in the commercial vehicle telematics market during the forecast period.
As per the geographic analysis, the APAC region is expected to witness the fastest growth in the commercial vehicle telematics market due to untapped potential markets, high penetration for advanced technology, growing commercial vehicles' usage in various industries, economic developments and government regulations.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key industry personnel. The break-up profiles of the primary discussion participants are given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 (45%), Tier 2 (35%), Tier 3 (20%)
- By Designation: C-Level (60%), Manager Level (25%) and Director Level (15%)
- By Region: North America (35%), Europe (30%), APAC (20%) and RoW (15%)
The key commercial vehicle telematics market vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
- 1. PTC, Inc. (US)
- 2. Trimble Inc. (US)
- 3. TomTom Telematics BV (Netherlands)
- 4. Verizon Telematics, Inc. (US)
- 5. MiX Telematics (Pty) Ltd (South Africa)
- 6. Zonar Systems, Inc. (US)
- 7. Octo Telematics Ltd. (UK)
- 8. Omnitracs, LLC (US)
- 9. Masternaut Limited (UK)
- 10. Microlise Limited (UK)
- 11. Inseego Corporation (US)
- 12. Volkwagen Commercial Vehicles (UK)
The global commercial vehicle telematics market has been segmented on the basis of type (solutions and services), provider type, vertical, and regions. A detailed analysis of the regions has been done to provide insights into the potential future business opportunities across different regions. In addition to this, the product portfolio analysis and business strategy analysis are the other MarketsandMarkets analysis included in the report.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in the commercial vehicle telematics market in the following ways:
- 1. The report segments the commercial vehicle telematics market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and subsegments across different regions.
- 2. The report helps the stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- 3. The report helps the stakeholders to understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.4. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.5. CURRENCY
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 126.96.36.199. Breakdown of primaries
- 188.8.131.52. Key industry insights
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3. MICROQUADRANT RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.4. RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- 2.4.1. ASSUMPTIONS
- 2.4.2. LIMITATIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. ATTRACTIVE MARKET OPPORTUNITIES IN THE COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TELEMATICS MARKET
- 4.2. COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TELEMATICS MARKET, BY REGION, 2017 VS. 2022
- 4.3. COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TELEMATICS MARKET, BY TYPE, 2017 VS 2022
- 4.4. COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TELEMATICS MARKET, BY SOLUTION, 2017-2022
- 4.5. COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TELEMATICS MARKET, BY SERVICE, 2017-2022
- 4.6. LIFECYCLE ANALYSIS, BY REGION, 2017
- 4.7. MARKET INVESTMENT SCENARIO
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET ARCHITECTURE
- 5.3. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.3.1. DRIVERS
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing adoption of NGTP would enhance the telematics service delivery
- 220.127.116.11. Proliferation of telematics technology due to decreasing sensor and connectivity cost
- 18.104.22.168. Growing government mandate for deploying vehicle tracking in commercial vehicles
- 22.214.171.124. Rising demand for smartphones supplements the adoption of telematics solutions and services
- 5.3.2. RESTRAINTS
- 126.96.36.199. Increased communication, leading to security and privacy concern
- 5.3.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 188.8.131.52. ELD mandate offers a new revenue stream opportunity for the existing vendors
- 184.108.40.206. Telematics data can be harnessed to make better-informed business decisions
- 5.3.4. CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11. Legacy telematics hardware capabilities hinder the efficiency of data communication with advanced computing processing units
- 18.104.22.168. Complete network coverage and elimination of blind spots
- 22.214.171.124. Lack of a standardized system
6. COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TELEMATICS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY TYPE
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. SOLUTIONS
- 6.2.1. FLEET TRACKING AND MONITORING
- 126.96.36.199. Location tracking
- 188.8.131.52. Dynamic routing
- 184.108.40.206. Remote diagnostics
- 220.127.116.11. Engine predictive maintenance
- 18.104.22.168. Fuel management
- 6.2.2. DRIVER MANAGEMENT
- 22.214.171.124. Driver behavior assessment
- 126.96.36.199. Driver information system
- 188.8.131.52. Drive time analysis
- 6.2.3. INSURANCE TELEMATICS
- 6.2.4. SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE
- 6.2.5. V2X SOLUTIONS
- 6.2.6. OTHERS
- 6.3. SERVICES
- 6.3.1. PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- 184.108.40.206. Consulting
- 220.127.116.11. System integration and deployment
- 18.104.22.168. Support and maintenance
- 6.3.2. MANAGED SERVICES
7. COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TELEMATICS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY PROVIDER TYPE
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. OEM
- 7.3. AFTERMARKET
8. COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TELEMATICS MARKET ANALYSIS, BY VERTICAL
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. TRANSPORTATION AND LOGISTICS
- 8.3. GOVERNMENT AND UTILITIES
- 8.4. TRAVEL AND TOURISM
- 8.5. CONSTRUCTION
- 8.6. EDUCATION
- 8.7. HEALTHCARE
- 8.8. MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
9. GEOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 9.3. EUROPE
- 9.4. ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.5. MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 9.6. LATIN AMERICA
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1. MICROQUADRANT OVERVIEW
- 10.1.1. VISIONARY LEADERS
- 10.1.2. INNOVATORS
- 10.1.3. DYNAMIC DIFFERENTIATORS
- 10.1.4. EMERGING COMPANIES
- 10.2. COMPETITIVE BENCHMARKING
- 10.2.1. STRENGTH OF PRODUCT PORTFOLIO ADOPTED BY MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TELEMATICS MARKET
- 10.2.2. BUSINESS STRATEGY EXCELLENCE ADOPTED BY MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE COMMERCIAL VEHICLE TELEMATICS MARKET
11. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Strength of Product Portfolio, Business Strategy Excellence, Recent Developments)*
- 11.1. PTC, INC.
- 11.2. TRIMBLE INC.
- 11.3. TOMTOM TELEMATICS BV
- 11.4. VERIZON TELEMATICS, INC.
- 11.5. MIX TELEMATICS INTERNATIONAL (PTY) LTD.
- 11.6. ZONAR SYSTEMS, INC.
- 11.7. OCTO TELEMATICS LTD.
- 11.8. OMNITRACS, LLC
- 11.9. MASTERNAUT LIMITED
- 11.10. MICROLISE GROUP LTD.
- 11.11. INSEEGO CORPORATION
- 11.12. VOLKSWAGEN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
*Details on Business Overview, Strength of Product Portfolio, Business Strategy Excellence, Recent Developments might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 12.1. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 12.2. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 12.3. INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 12.4. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATION
- 12.5. RELATED REPORTS
- 12.6. AUTHOR DETAILS