Product Code: CH 2300
"The increasing demand from microelectronic and chip manufacturing companies is expected to drive the market."
The electronic chemicals and materials market size is projected to grow from USD 56.3 billion in 2019 to USD 81.6 billion by 2024, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.7% during the forecast period. The market is driven by the growth of the microelectronics industry, which is characterized by the emergence of new technologies.
"The silicon wafers segment is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period."
Silicon wafers are a thin slice of semiconductor, which is made out of crystalline silicon and is a key component in the fabrication of integrated circuits and serve as a substrate for microelectronics devices. The primary use of silicon wafer is in integrated circuits, which are the basic building block of any electronic devices, such as computers and smartphones.
"Semiconductor application segment is expected to hold the larger market share during the forecast period."
A semiconductor is a solid chemical compound or element, which can conduct electricity under certain conditions depending upon the dopants added during the manufacturing process. Integrated circuits and printed circuit boards are the basic building blocks of any semiconductor materials. These semiconductor devices require proper maintenance for their functionality; hence, certain electronic chemicals and materials are used for cleaning, etching, polishing, doping, and servicing of semiconductors.
"APAC is estimated to be the fastest-growing electronic chemicals and materials market during the forecast period."
APAC is estimated to be the fastest-growing electronic chemicals and materials market during the forecast period due to the rapid growth of the global electronics industry, which has driven the demand for printed circuit boards in the region. The growth of the printed circuit board industry is directly associated with the development in telecommunications and IT, smart cards, electronic gaming, and consumer goods applications.
Extensive primary interviews were conducted to determine and verify the market size for several segments and sub-segments and the information gathered through secondary research.
The breakup of primary interviews is given below:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 - 55%, Tier 2 - 30%, and Tier 3 - 15%
- By Designation - C level - 42%, Director Level - 30%, and Others - 28%
- By Region - APAC- 40%, Europe - 28%, North America - 25%, Rest of World - 7%
The leading players in the electronic chemicals and materials market are: Linde plc (Ireland), Air Products and Chemicals (US), DowDuPont (US), Cabot Microelectronics (US), BASF AG (Germany), Hitachi Chemical (Japan), Air Liquide (France), Solvay A.G. (Belgium), Shin-Etsu (Japan), Covestro (France), and Songwon (South Korea).
This research report categorizes the electronic chemicals and materials market on the basis of type, application, and region. The report includes detailed information regarding the major factors, such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities, influencing the growth of the market. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide insights into business overviews and recent developments associated with the market.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the electronic chemicals and materials market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of market sizes for the overall market and sub-segments across verticals and regions.
- 2. The report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- 3. This report will help stakeholders understand the major competitors and gain insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes developments such as new product launches.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2 MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.2.1 ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3 MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1 YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4 CURRENCY
- 1.5 LIMITATIONS
- 1.6 STAKEHOLDERS
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1 SECONDARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206 Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2 PRIMARY DATA
- 220.127.116.11 Key data from primary sources
- 18.104.22.168 Key industry insights
- 22.214.171.124 Breakdown of primary interviews
- 2.2 MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1 BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 2.2.2 TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.2.3 SUPPLY SIDE
- 2.2.4 DEMAND SIDE
- 2.3 DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4 ASSUMPTIONS
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1 ATTRACTIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS MARKET
- 4.2 APAC ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS MARKET, BY APPLICATION AND COUNTRY, 2018
- 4.3 ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS MARKET, BY TYPE
- 4.4 ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS MARKET, BY WET CHEMICALS
- 4.5 ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS MARKET, BY KEY COUNTRIES
5 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.2.1 DRIVERS
- 126.96.36.199 Technological advancements in the electronics industry
- 5.2.2 RESTRAINTS
- 188.8.131.52 Stringent health and environmental regulations regarding certain chemicals and materials
- 5.2.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 184.108.40.206 Improved IT infrastructure and upcoming technologies such as AI and IoT
- 5.2.4 CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11 A rapid decline in the use of old technologies
- 5.3 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 5.3.1 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTES
- 5.3.2 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.3.3 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.3.4 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
- 5.3.5 INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
- 5.4 YC, YCC SHIFT
6 ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS MARKET, BY TYPE
- 6.1 INTRODUCTION
- 6.2 SPECIALTY GASES
- 6.2.1 PHOTOVOLTAIC, DISPLAY, AND LED LIGHTING ARE THE MAJOR APPLICATIONS OF SPECIALTY GASES IN THE ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY
- 6.3 CMP SLURRIES
- 6.3.1 ALUMINUM OXIDE, CERAMIC, AND SILICA ARE AMONG THE MAJORLY USED CMP SLURRIES
- 6.4 PHOTORESIST CHEMICALS
- 6.4.1 TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS SUCH AS THE GROWING FOCUS ON NANO DEVICES IS A MAJOR GROWTH DRIVER FOR THE PHOTORESIST CHEMICALS MARKET
- 6.5 CONDUCTIVE POLYMERS
- 6.5.1 ELECTRICALLY CONDUCTIVE POLYMERS HAVE THE FUNCTIONALITY OF BOTH ELECTRICAL AND THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY
- 6.6 LOW K DIELECTRICS
- 6.6.1 THE GROWING PRODUCTION OF ICS IS INFLUENCING THE DEMAND FOR LOW-K DIELECTRIC MATERIALS POSITIVELY
- 6.7 WET CHEMICALS
- 6.7.1 APAC IS THE LARGEST MARKET FOR WET CHEMICALS
- 6.8 SILICON WAFERS
- 6.8.1 SILICON WAFERS ARE THE MOST WIDELY USED ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS
- 6.9 PCB LAMINATES
- 6.9.1 INCREASING AUTOMATION IN ALMOST ALL THE INDUSTRIES IS INSTRUMENTAL TO THE GROWTH OF THE PCB LAMINATES DEMAND
7 ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1 INTRODUCTION
- 7.2 SEMICONDUCTORS
- 7.2.1 CHANGES IN THE ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY ARE AFFECTING THE DEMAND FOR ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS IN THIS SEGMENT
- 7.3 OTHERS
8 ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS MARKET, BY REGION
- 8.1 INTRODUCTION
- 8.2 APAC
- 8.2.1 CHINA
- 18.104.22.168 Increasing display production in the country is expected to drive the market in the future
- 8.2.2 TAIWAN
- 22.214.171.124 Presence of various large semiconductor manufacturers in the country is boosting the market
- 8.2.3 SOUTH KOREA
- 126.96.36.199 Trade tensions with Japan can have an adverse impact on the growth of the semiconductor industry in the country
- 8.2.4 JAPAN
- 188.8.131.52 Increasing manufacturing capacity by the leading semiconductor companies are expected to drive the market in the country
- 8.2.5 SINGAPORE
- 184.108.40.206 The electronics industry is growing in Singapore
- 8.2.6 REST OF APAC
- 8.3 NORTH AMERICA
- 8.3.1 US
- 220.127.116.11 Ongoing trade war with China is likely to affect the market in the country
- 8.3.2 CANADA
- 18.104.22.168 Upcoming investments by the government and leading semiconductor manufacturers are expected to propel the market
- 8.3.3 MEXICO
- 22.214.171.124 The market is benefitting from the shift in manufacturing base from China to Mexico
- 8.4 EUROPE
- 8.4.1 GERMANY
- 126.96.36.199 Production of microelectronics in the country is spurring the demand for electronic chemicals and materials
- 8.4.2 UK
- 188.8.131.52 Growing automotive industry is indirectly impacting the microelectronics industry in the country
- 8.4.3 FRANCE
- 184.108.40.206 There is an increasing demand for semiconductors from different end-use industries in the country
- 8.4.4 THE NETHERLANDS
- 220.127.116.11 Increasing demand from high-resolution imaging and atomic layer deposition industries is boosting the market in the country
- 8.4.5 REST OF EUROPE
- 8.5 REST OF THE WORLD (ROW)
- 8.5.1 ISRAEL
- 18.104.22.168 The increasing number of chip manufacturers in the country is fueling the market
- 8.5.2 BRAZIL
- 22.214.171.124 Increasing investments by the leading chip manufacturing companies are expected to drive the market in the country
9 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 9.1 OVERVIEW
- 9.2 COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 9.2.1 EXPANSION
- 9.2.2 MERGER & ACQUISITION
- 9.2.3 NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH
- 9.2.4 PARTNERSHIP & AGREEMENT
10 COMPANY PROFILES
(Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, Winning Imperatives, Current Focus and Strategies, Threat From Competition, Right To Win)*
- 10.1 LINDE PLC
- 10.2 AIR PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS
- 10.3 DOWDUPONT
- 10.4 CABOT MICROELECTRONICS
- 10.5 BASF AG
- 10.6 HITACHI CHEMICAL
- 10.7 AIR LIQUIDE
- 10.8 SOLVAY
- 10.9 SHIN-ETSU CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- 10.10 COVESTRO
- 10.11 SONGWON
- 10.12 OTHER KEY PLAYERS
- 10.12.1 HONSHU CHEMICAL INDUSTRY LTD.
- 10.12.2 MITSUI CHEMICALS AMERICA, INC.
- 10.12.3 SILTRONIC AG ATLAS COPCO
- 10.12.4 LORD AG
- 10.12.5 FREIBERGER COMPOUND MATERIALS
- 10.12.6 OKMETIC OY
- 10.12.7 GLOBALWAFERS CO., LTD.
- 10.12.8 SUMCO CORP.
Details on Business Overview, Products Offered, Recent Developments, SWOT Analysis, Winning Imperatives, Current Focus and Strategies, Threat From Competition, Right To Win might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 11.1 DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 11.2 KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 11.3 AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 11.4 RELATED REPORTS
- 11.5 AUTHOR DETAILS