Product Code: SE 2337
"Technological advancements and development of energy-efficient, attractive, and high-specification products is expected to fuel the growth of the flexible display market."
The flexible display market is expected to grow from USD 2.67 billion in 2016 to USD 15.14 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 34.42% between 2017 and 2022. Flexible display devices have various advanced features such as light and thin structure, low power requirement, excellent contrast, fast response time, and a wide viewing angle. Technological shift to and development of energy-efficient, attractive, and high-specification products is a key factor expected to drive the growth of this market. However, the complex manufacturing process of flexible displays can restrain the growth of the market.
"Based on application, the smartphones and tablets segment was the largest segment of the flexible display market in 2016."
The smartphones and tablets segment was the largest segment of the flexible display market in 2016. These displays are used in various smartphones, such as the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+, Samsung Galaxy Round, and VIVO Xplay6. These displays can be customized as per the requirements of end users and thus provide design flexibility.
"Based on technology, the OLED technology segment was the largest segment of the flexible display market in 2016."
The Organic Light-emitting Diodes (OLED) technology segment was the largest segment of the market in 2016. OLED-based displays are widely used in smartphones, tablets, desktop monitors, and televisions. These displays have excellent picture quality and operating life.
"Asia Pacific to be the fastest growing market for flexible displays between 2016 and 2022."
Asia Pacific was one of the major markets for flexible displays in 2016, driven by the high demand for consumer electronics in China. The growing markets for smartphones, smartwatches, wearables, televisions, and digital signage systems in China are expected to boost the demand for flexible displays in the country. The presence of key manufacturers of display technologies, including Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea) and LG Display Co. Ltd. (South Korea) in the region is expected to further fuel the growth of the Asia Pacific flexible display market.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key people in the display industry. The break-up of primary participants for the report has been shown below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 26%, Tier 2 - 32%, and Tier 3 - 42%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives - 52%, Directors - 23%, and Managers - 25%
- By Region: North America - 44%, Europe - 29%, Asia Pacific - 23%, and Rest of the World - 4%
The report also profiles key players in the flexible display market and analyzes their market ranking. The major players profiled in this report are Samsung Display Co., Ltd. (South Korea), LG Display Co., Ltd. (South Korea), Japan Display, Inc. (Japan), AU Optronics Corp. (Taiwan), BoE Technology Group Co. Ltd. (China), and Innolux Corp. (Taiwan).
This research report categorizes the flexible display market based on application, technology, panel size, and geography. The report provides market dynamics that includes a description of the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges pertaining to the market, along with value chain analysis and market ranking analysis.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- 1. This report segments the flexible display market comprehensively and provides the closest market size estimation for all subsegments across different regions.
- 2. The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for market growth.
- 3. This report is expected to help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain insight to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, product launches and developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. STUDY OBJECTIVES
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. PACKAGE SIZE
- 1.6. LIMITATIONS
- 1.7. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH DATA
- 2.1.1. SECONDARY DATA
- 184.108.40.206. Key data from secondary sources
- 2.1.2. PRIMARY DATA
- 220.127.116.11. Key data from primary sources
- 18.104.22.168. Key industry insights
- 22.214.171.124. Breakdown of primaries
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.2.1. BOTTOM-UP AND TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 2.2.2. BOTTOM-UP APPROACH
- 126.96.36.199. Approach for capturing the market share by bottom-up analysis (demand side)
- 2.2.3. TOP-DOWN APPROACH
- 188.8.131.52. Approach for capturing the market share by top-down analysis (supply side)
- 2.3. MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. RESEARCH ASSUMPTIONS
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. LUCRATIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE FLEXIBLE DISPLAY MARKET
- 4.2. FLEXIBLE DISPLAY MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 4.3. FLEXIBLE DISPLAY MARKET IN APAC (2016)
- 4.4. MARKET SHARE OF MAJOR COUNTRIES AND REGIONS, 2016
- 4.5. FLEXIBLE DISPLAY MARKET, BY PANEL SIZE
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. EVOLUTION OF FLEXIBLE DISPLAY
- 5.3. FLEXIBLE ELECTRONICS CONCEPT
- 5.4. BASIC COMPONENTS OF FLEXIBLE DISPLAY
- 5.4.1. EMISSIVE LAYER (ORGANIC MATERIAL)
- 5.4.2. SUBSTRATE
- 5.4.3. CONDUCTIVE LAYER
- 5.4.4. BACKLIGHT PANEL (NON-EMISSIVE/LCD)
- 184.108.40.206. LED backlighting
- 220.127.116.11. CCFL backlighting
- 18.104.22.168. ELP backlighting
- 22.214.171.124. Woven fiber backlighting
- 126.96.36.199. Incandescent backlighting
- 5.4.5. CATHODE AND ANODE
- 5.5. DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY MARKET TRENDS
- 5.6. COMPARISON OF DISPLAY TECHNOLOGIES
- 5.7. COMPARISON OF FLEXIBLE OLED, E-PAPER, AND FLEXIBLE LCD
- 5.8. TYPES OF FLEXIBLE DISPLAY TECHNOLOGIES
- 5.8.1. FLEXIBLE FLAT-PANEL DISPLAY
- 5.8.2. FLEXIBLE PLASMA DISPLAY
- 5.8.3. FLEXIBLE BICHROME DISPLAY
- 5.9. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.9.1. DRIVERS
- 188.8.131.52. Rising demand for OLED-based devices
- 184.108.40.206. Technological shift and development of energy-efficient, attractive, and high-specification flexible display products
- 220.127.116.11. High growth of consumer goods
- 5.9.2. RESTRAINTS
- 18.104.22.168. Complex manufacturing process
- 5.9.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 22.214.171.124. High growth of smart wearables market
- 126.96.36.199. Emerging applications of flexible displays
- 5.9.4. CHALLENGES
- 188.8.131.52. Fluctuations in ASPs of flexible display panels
6. INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
- 6.3. STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS RELATED TO FLEXIBLE DISPLAY PRODUCTS
- 6.4. START-UP COMPANIES AND INVESTOR SCENARIO
7. FLEXIBLE DISPLAY MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. SMARTPHONES AND TABLETS
- 7.3. SMARTWATCHES AND WEARABLES
- 7.4. TELEVISIONS AND DIGITAL SIGNAGE SYSTEMS
- 7.5. PC MONITORS AND LAPTOPS
- 7.6. E-READER
- 7.7. ELECTRONIC SHELF LABELS (ESLS)
- 7.8. VEHICLES AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTS
- 7.9. SMART HOME APPLIANCES
8. FLEXIBLE DISPLAY MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. OLED DISPLAY
- 8.2.1. OLED TYPES
- 184.108.40.206. AMOLED display
- 220.127.116.11. PMOLED display
- 8.2.2. OLED APPLICATIONS
- 18.104.22.168. Smartphones and tablets
- 22.214.171.124. TVs and digital signage
- 126.96.36.199. PC monitors and laptops
- 188.8.131.52. Smartwatches and wearables
- 184.108.40.206. Automotive products
- 220.127.116.11. Others
- 8.3. E-PAPER DISPLAY
- 8.4. QUANTUM DOT LED DISPLAY
- 8.4.1. ADVANTAGES OF QD-LEDS OVER EXISTING DISPLAY TECHNOLOGIES
- 8.5. LED-BACKLIT LCD
9. FLEXIBLE DISPLAY MARKET, BY PANEL SIZE
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2. UP TO 6"
- 9.3. 6-20"
- 9.4. 20-50"
- 9.5. ABOVE 50"
10. FLEXIBLE DISPLAY MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 10.2.1. US
- 10.2.2. CANADA
- 10.2.3. MEXICO
- 10.3. EUROPE
- 10.3.1. UK
- 10.3.2. GERMANY
- 10.3.3. FRANCE
- 10.3.4. REST OF EUROPE
- 10.4. APAC
- 10.4.1. CHINA
- 10.4.2. JAPAN
- 10.4.3. SOUTH KOREA
- 10.4.4. REST OF APAC
- 10.5. ROW
- 10.5.1. MIDDLE EAST
- 10.5.2. SOUTH AMERICA
- 10.5.3. AFRICA
11. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 11.1. INTRODUCTION
- 11.2. DIVE CHART: FLEXIBLE DISPLAY MARKET
- 11.2.1. VANGUARDS
- 11.2.2. DYNAMIC
- 11.2.3. INNOVATORS
- 11.2.4. EMERGING
- 11.3. BUSINESS STRATEGY (FOR ALL 25 PLAYERS)
- 11.4. PRODUCT OFFERING (FOR ALL 25 PLAYERS)
- 11.5. MARKET RANKING ANALYSIS: FLEXIBLE DISPLAY MARKET
- 11.6. COMPETITION AND TRENDS
12. COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Product Offering, Business Strategy, Recent Developments, Key relationships, MnM View)*
- 12.1. INTRODUCTION
- 12.2. LG DISPLAY CO., LTD.
- 12.3. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
- 12.4. INNOLUX CORP.
- 12.5. AU OPTRONICS CORP.
- 12.6. JAPAN DISPLAY INC.
- 12.7. BOE TECHNOLOGY GROUP CO., LTD.
- 12.8. SHARP CORP. (FOXCONN)
- 12.9. VISIONOX CORPORATION
- 12.10. E INK HOLDINGS, INC.
- 12.11. CORNING INCORPORATED
- 12.12. E. I. DU PONT DE NEMOURS AND COMPANY
- 12.13. KEY INNOVATORS
- 12.13.1. FLEXENABLE LIMITED
- 12.13.2. KATEEVA
- 12.13.3. CAMBRIOS TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION
- 12.13.4. ROYALE CORPORATION
*Details on Business Overview, Product Offering, Business Strategy, Recent Developments, Key relationships, MnM View might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 13.1. INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 13.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 13.3. KNOWLEDGE STORE: MARKETSANDMARKETS' SUBSCRIPTION PORTAL
- 13.4. INTRODUCING RT: REAL-TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 13.5. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 13.6. RELATED REPORTS
- 13.7. AUTHOR DETAILS