The future of the semiconductor market looks attractive with opportunities in the communication, consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial sectors. The semiconductor market is expected to decline in 2020 due to global economic recession led by COVID-19. However, market will witness recovery in the year 2021 and it is expected to reach an estimated $501.8 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 2% to 4% from 2020 to 2025. The major drivers for this market are growth in wireless communication, increasing demand for advanced safety features in automotive, and growth in internet connected devices.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include development of artificial intelligence based semiconductors and increasing demand for semiconductor in autonomous driving technology. Samsung Electronics, Intel, SK Hynix, Qualcomm, Broadcom, Micron, Texas Instrument, Microchip, Stmicroelectronics, and NXP Semiconductors are some of the major semiconductor manufacturers..
A total of 152 figures / charts and 130 tables are provided in this 255 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of semiconductor market report download the report brochure.
Semiconductor opportunities have evolved through number of stages as presented in figure below:
Evolution of Semiconductor Opportunities
In this market, communication is the largest end use industry, whereas integrated circuit is largest in device type. Growth in various segments of the semiconductor market are given below:
Semiconductor Market by Segments
The study includes the semiconductor market size and forecast for the semiconductor market through 2025, segmented by device type, by end use type, by application, and the region as follows:
Semiconductor Market by Device Type [$B shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Integrated Circuit
Semiconductor Market by End Use Industry [$B shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Consumer Electronics
- Automotive Electronics
- Industrial and Others
Semiconductor Market by Application [$B shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Artificial Intelligence
Semiconductor Market by Region [$B shipment analysis for 2014 to 2025]:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
- Some of the semiconductor companies profiled in this report include Samsung Electronics, Intel, SK Hynix, Qualcomm, Broadcom, Micron, Texas Instrument, Microchip, Stmicroelectronics, NXP Semiconductors, and others.
- Lucintel forecasts that integrated circuit will remain the largest segment due to increasing demand for memory ICs in smartphones, tablet PCs, and other personal media devices. Sensor is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to the increasing demand for advanced driver assistance system in automotive and growing consumer preference for IoT-enabled devices.
- Within the semiconductor market, communication will remain the largest application due to an increasing demand for wireless communication technology. The industrial segment is expected to witness the highest growth over forecast period due to increasing demand for industrial robots and digitalization of manufacturing base.
- APAC will remain the largest region and it is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to a growing adoption of IoT (internet of things), increasing electronic content per vehicles, and growing industrial automation in countries such as China, Taiwan, and India.
- Some of the features of this report:
- Market size estimates: Semiconductor market size estimation in terms of value ($B) and volume (Billion Units) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2014-2019) and forecast (2020-2025) by end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: Semiconductor market size by device, end use type, and by application in terms of value shipment.
- Regional analysis: Semiconductor market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia & Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of semiconductor in the semiconductor market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of semiconductor in the semiconductor market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers the following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the semiconductor market by product (integrated circuit, discrete semiconductor, optoelectronics, and sensor), application (communication, consumer electronics, automotive electronics, pc/computer, industrial and others), by technology (artificial intelligence and non- artificial intelligence), and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting semiconductor market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the semiconductor market?
- Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this semiconductor market and reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the semiconductor market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the semiconductor market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this semiconductor market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this semiconductor area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of semiconductor market share via product substitution?
- Q.11 What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years in this semiconductor market?
- Report Scope
- Key Features Description
- Base Year for Estimation 2020
- Trend Period
- (Actual Estimates) 2014-2020
- Forecast Period 2020-2025
- Pages 255
- Market Representation / Units Revenue in US $ Billion
- Report Coverage Market Trends & Forecasts, Competitor Analysis, New Product Development, Company Expansion, Merger Acquisitions & Joint Venture, and Company Profiling
- Market Segments By product type (integrated circuit, discrete semiconductor, optoelectronics, and sensor), application (communication, consumer electronics, automotive electronics, pc/computer, industrial and others), by technology (artificial intelligence and non- artificial intelligence)
- Regional Scope North America (The United States, Canada, and Mexico), Europe (the UK and Germany), Asia Pacific (Japan and China), and RoW
- Customization 10% Customization Without any Additional Cost
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Semiconductor Market Dynamics
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2014 to 2025
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecasts
- 3.2: Semiconductor Market Trends and Forecast
- 3.3: Semiconductor Market by Device Type
- 3.3.1 Integrated Circuit
- 184.108.40.206 Analog
- 220.127.116.11 Microprocessor
- 18.104.22.168 Logic
- 22.214.171.124 Memory
- 3.3.2 Discrete Semiconductor
- 3.3.3 Optoelectronics
- 3.3.4 Sensor
- 3.4: Semiconductor Market by Application
- 3.5.1: Communication
- 126.96.36.199: Wired
- 188.8.131.52: Wireless
- 3.5.2: Consumer Electronics
- 3.5.3: Automotive Electronics
- 3.5.4: PC/Computers
- 3.5.5: Industrial and Others
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region
- 4.1: Semiconductor Market by Region
- 4.2: North American Semiconductor Market
- 4.2.1: Market by Device: Integrated Circuit, Discrete Semiconductor, Optoelectronics, and Sensor
- 4.2.2: Market by End Use Industry: Communication, Consumer Electronics, Automotive Electronics, PC/Computer, and Industrial & Others
- 4.2.3: United States Semiconductor Market
- 4.2.4: Canadian Semiconductor Market
- 4.2.5: Mexican Semiconductor Market
- 4.3: European Semiconductor Market
- 4.3.1: Market by Device: Integrated Circuit, Discrete Semiconductor, Optoelectronics, and Sensor
- 4.3.2: Market by End Use Industry: Communication, Consumer Electronics, Automotive Electronics, PC/Computer, and Industrial & Others
- 4.3.3: Russian Semiconductor Market
- 4.3.4: French Semiconductor Market
- 4.3.5: German Semiconductor Market
- 4.3.6: Italian Semiconductor Market
- 4.3.7: United Kingdom Semiconductor Market
- 4.4: APAC Semiconductor Market
- 4.4.1: Market by Device: Integrated Circuit, Discrete Semiconductor, Optoelectronics, and Sensor
- 4.4.2: Market by End Use Industry: Communication, Consumer Electronics, Automotive Electronics, PC/Computer, and Industrial & Others
- 4.4.3: Chinese Semiconductor Market
- 4.4.4: Indian Semiconductor Market
- 4.4.5: The Korean Semiconductor Market
- 4.4.6: The Japanese Semiconductor Market
- 4.4.7: The Indonesian Semiconductor Market
- 4.5: ROW Semiconductor Market
- 4.5.1: Market by Device: Integrated Circuit, Discrete Semiconductor, Optoelectronics, and Sensor
- 4.5.2: Market by End Use Industry: Communication, Consumer Electronics, Automotive Electronics, PC/Computer, and Industrial & Others
- 4.5.3: Turkey Semiconductor Market
- 4.5.4: Brazilian Semiconductor Market
- 4.5.5: Iranian Semiconductor Market
5. Competitor Analysis
- 5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
- 5.2: Market Share Analysis
- 5.3: Operational Integration
- 5.4: Geographical Reach
- 5.5: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
- 6.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
- 6.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Semiconductor Market by Device Type
- 6.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Semiconductor Market by End Use
- 6.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Semiconductor Market by Region
- 6.2: Emerging Trends in the Semiconductor Market
- 6.3: Strategic Analysis
- 6.3.1: New Product Development
- 6.3.2: Capacity Expansion in the Semiconductor Market
- 6.3.3: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures in the Semiconductor
7. Company Profiles of Leading Player
- 7.1: Samsung Electronics
- 7.2: Intel .
- 7.3: SK Hynix
- 7.4: Qualcomm
- 7.5: Broadcom
- 7.6: Texas Instrument
- 7.7: NXP Semiconductor
- 7.8: Micron Technology
- 7.9: Nvidia
- 7.10: STMicroelectronics