According to a new market report published by Lucintel, the future of the food processing market looks promising with opportunities in beverage, dairy, meat & poultry, convenience food & snacks, fruits & vegetables, and seafood industries. The food processing market is expected to decline in 2020 due to global economic recession led by COVID-19. However, market will witness recovery in the year 2021 and it is expected to reach an estimated $6.4 trillion by 2025 with a CAGR of 3% to 5% from 2020 to 2025. The major drivers for this market are increasing demand for ready-to-eat food products, changing lifestyle, and increase in nuclear families and working women. .
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include development of food processing technologies that reduce detrimental changes in food and maintain the nutritional value. Cargill Foods, Nestle, PepsiCo, Archer Daniels Midland, and Unilever are among the major processed food manufacturers..
A total of 144 figures / charts and 122 tables are provided in this 237 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of food processing market report download the report brochure.
In this market, everages is the largest market by application, whereas fruits and vegetables is largest in product type. Growth in various segmnets of the food processing market are given below:
Food Processing Market by Segments
The study includes the food processing market size and forecast for the food processing market through 2025, segmented by application type, end use industry and region as follows:
Food Processing Market by Application Type [$B shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Meat & Poultry
- Convenience Food & snacks
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Pet Food
- Other Applications
Food Processing Market by Product Type [$B shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- For Beverages
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- For Dairy
- Milk & Cream
- Yogurt & Curdled Milk
- For Meat & Poultry
- Canned Meat & Poultry Food
- Frozen Meat & Poultry Food
- For Convenience Food & Snacks
- Ready Meals
- Nuts & Seeds
- For Fruits & Vegetables
- For Seafood
Food Processing Market by Industry Type [$B shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Organized Sector
- Unorganized Sector
Food Processing Market by Region [$B shipment analysis for 2014 to 2025]:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
- Some of the food processing companies profiled in this report include Nestle, PepsiCo, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Unilever, Anheuser Busch Inbev, and others. .
- Lucintel forecasts that processed fruits & vegetables segment is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to inclination of people towards vegan diet.
- Within this market, organized and unorganized sectors are involved in the food processing activities. Organized sector food processing is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period due to significant increase in number of chain outlets, standalone eateries, and restaurant's.
- Asia Pacific will remain the largest region over the forecast period due to increasing demand towards ready-to-eat foods and increasing working professionals and students. The growing health consciousness is enabling the consumers to move towards healthy and high quality food products.
- Some of the features of this report:
- Market size estimates: Food processing market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2014-2019) and forecast (2020-2025) by end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: Food processing market size by industry type, application, and product type in terms of value shipment.
- Regional analysis: Food processing market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia & Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of food processing in the food processing market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of food processing in the food processing market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers the following 11 key questions:
- Q.1. What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the food processing market by application (beverages, dairy, meat & poultry, convenience food & snacks, fruits & vegetables, seafood, and others), product type, industry type (unorganized, and organized), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2. Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3. Which region will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4. What are the key factors affecting food processing market dynamics? What are the key challenges and business risks in this food processing market?
- Q.5. What are the business risks and competitive threats in this food processing market?
- Q.6. What are the emerging trends in this food processing market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7. What are some of the changing demands of customers in the food processing market?
- Q.8. What are the new developments in the food processing market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9. Who are the major players in this food processing market? What strategic initiatives are key players pursuing for business growth?
- Q.10. What are some of the competing products in this food processing market and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of food processing market share by material or product substitution?
- Q.11. What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years and what has its impact been on the industry?
- Report Scope
- Key Features Description
- Base Year for Estimation 2019
- Trend Period
- (Actual Estimates) 2014-2019
- Forecast Period 2020-2025
- Pages 237
- Market Representation / Units Revenue in US $ Billion
- Report Coverage Market Trends & Forecasts, Competitor Analysis, New Product Development, Company Expansion, Merger Acquisitions & Joint Venture, and Company Profiling
- Market Segments By application (beverages, dairy, meat & poultry, convenience food & snacks, fruits & vegetables, seafood, and others), product type, industry type (unorganized, and organized)
- Regional Scope North America (The United States, Canada, and Mexico), Europe (the UK and Germany), Asia Pacific (Japan and China), and RoW
- Customization 10% Customization Without any Additional Cost
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Food Processing Market Dynamics
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2014 to 2025
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecasts
- 3.2: Food Processing Market by Application Type
- 3.3.1: Beverages
- 3.3.2: Dairy
- 3.3.3: Meat & Poultry
- 3.3.4: Bakery
- 3.3.5: Convenience Food & snacks
- 3.3.6: Fruits & Vegetables
- 3.3.7: Confectionery
- 3.3.8: Seafood
- 3.3.9: Pet Food
- 3.3.10: Other Applications
- 3.4: Food Processing Market by Industry Type
- 3.4.1: Organized Sector
- 3.4.2: Unorganized Sector
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region
- 4.1: Food Processing Market by Region
- 4.2: North American Food Processing Market
- 4.2.1: Market by Application
- 4.2.2: United States Food Processing Market
- 4.2.3: Canadian Food Processing Market
- 4.2.4: Mexican Food Processing Market
- 4.3: European Food Processing Market
- 4.3.1: Market by Product
- 4.3.2: Russian Food Processing Market
- 4.3.3: French Food Processing Market
- 4.3.4: German Food Processing Market
- 4.3.5: Italian Food Processing Market
- 4.3.6: United Kingdom Food Processing Market
- 4.4: APAC Food Processing Market
- 4.4.1: Market by Product
- 4.4.2: Chinese Food Processing Market
- 4.4.3: Indian Food Processing Market
- 4.4.4: The Korean Food Processing Market
- 4.4.5: The Japanese Food Processing Market
- 4.4.6: The Indonesian Food Processing Market
- 4.5: ROW Food Processing Market
- 4.5.1: Market by Product
- 4.5.2: Turkey Food Processing Market
- 4.5.3: Brazilian Food Processing Market
- 4.5.4: Iranian Food Processing Market
5. Competitor Analysis
- 5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
- 5.2: Market Share Analysis
- 5.3: Operational Integration
- 5.4: Geographical Reach
- 5.5: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Cost Structure Analysis
- 6.1: Cost of Goods Sold
- 6.2: SG&A
- 6.3: EBITDA Margin
7. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
- 7.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
- 7.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Food Processing Market by Application
- 7.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Food Processing Market by Product Type
- 7.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Food Processing Market by Industry Type
- 7.1.4: Growth Opportunities for the Food Processing Market by Region
- 7.2: Emerging Trends in the Food Processing Market
- 7.3: Strategic Analysis
- 7.3.1: New Product Development
- 7.3.2: Capacity Expansion in the Food Processing Market
- 7.3.3: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures in the Food Processing
8. Company Profiles of Leading Player
- 8.1: Nestle
- 8.2: PepsiCo
- 8.3: Archer Daniels Midland Company
- 8.4: Unilever
- 8.5: Anheuser Busch Inbev