The future of the polyolefin (POF) film market looks promising with opportunities in the packaging, construction, and agriculture industries. The polyolefin (POF) film market is expected to decline in 2020 due to global economic recession led by COVID-19. However, market will witness recovery in the year 2021 and it is expected to reach an estimated $112.6 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 3% to 5% from 2020 to 2025. The major drivers for this market are increasing demand for packaged food in emerging nations and growth in oriented film.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the polyolefin (POF) film industry, include bio-based polyolefin film and development of nano-clay based polyolefin film. Jindal Poly Films, Mitsui Chemicals Tocello, Toray, Berry Plastics C, Toyobo, and Amcor Flexible are among the major manufacturers of polyolefin film.
A total of 116 figures / charts and 102 tables are provided in this 186 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of polyolefin (POF) film market report download the report brochure.
In this market, packaging is the largest end use industry of polyolefin film, whereas LLDPE film is the largest in film type. Growth in various segments of the polyolefin film market are given below:
Polyolefin Film Market by Segments
The study includes the polyolefin film market size and forecast for the polyolefin (POF) film market through 2025, segmented by polymer type, end use industry, technology, film type, and the region as follows:
Polyolefin Film Market by Polymer Type [$B shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
Polyolefin Film Market by End Use Industry [$B shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
Polyolefin Film Market by Technology [$B shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Blown Film Extrusion
- Cast Film Extrusion
Polyolefin Film Market by Film Type [$B shipment analysis from 2014 to 2025]:
- Shrink Film
- Stretch Film
Polyolefin Film Market by Region [$B shipment analysis for 2014 to 2025]:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
- Some of the polyolefin film companies profiled in this report include Jindal Poly Films, Mitsui Chemicals, Berry Plastics, Toray Industries, Toyobo Company, Amcor Flexible, and others.
- Lucintel forecasts that the LLDPE film will remain the largest segment due to its superior properties, which include high flexibility, higher tensile strength, and a high moisture barrier. The BOPP film is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to increasing demand in the food packaging industry specifically in tobacco packaging.
- Within the polyolefin film market, packaging will remain the largest end use industry and it is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to the increasing demand in food and pharma packaging applications.
- Asia Pacific will remain the largest region by value and volume and it is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period because of easy availability of raw materials at economical price and skilled labors. Also, growth in food packaging market and construction activities are also expected to increase the demand for polyolefin film.
- Some of the features of this report:
- Market size estimates: Polyolefin film market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2014-2019) and forecast (2020-2025) by end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: Polyolefin film market size by material type, technology type, film type, and by end use industries in terms of value shipment.
- Regional analysis: Polyolefin film market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia & Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of polyolefin film in the polyolefin film market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of polyolefin film in the polyolefin film market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers the following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising potential, high-growth opportunities for the electric polyolefin film market by material (HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE, BOPP, CPP), technology (blown film extrusion, cast film extrusion, and others) film type (shrink, stretch, and linear film), end use industry (packaging, construction, agricultural, and others), and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting polyolefin film market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the polyolefin film market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the polyolefin film market?
- Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this polyolefin film market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the polyolefin film market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the polyolefin film market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this polyolefin film market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this polyolefin film area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of polyolefin film market share via product substitution?
- Q.11 What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years in this polyolefin film market?
- Report Scope
- Key Features Description
- Base Year for Estimation 2019
- Trend Period
- (Actual Estimates) 2014-2019
- Forecast Period 2020-2025
- Pages 186
- Market Representation / Units Revenue in US $ Billion
- Report Coverage Market Trends & Forecasts, Competitor Analysis, New Product Development, Company Expansion, Merger Acquisitions & Joint Venture, and Company Profiling
- Market Segments By material (HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE, BOPP, CPP), technology (blown film extrusion, cast film extrusion, and others) film type (shrink, stretch, and linear film), end use industry (packaging, construction, agricultural, and others)
- Regional Scope North America (The United States, Mexico, and Canada), Europe (the UK and Germany), Asia Pacific (Japan and China), and RoW
- Customization 10% Customization Without any Additional Cost
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Global Polyolefin Film Market Dynamics
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2014 to 2025
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecasts
- 3.2: Global Polyolefin Film Market Trends and Forecast
- 3.3: Global Polyolefin Film Market by Polymer Type
- 3.3.1: LLDPE
- 3.3.2: LDPE
- 3.3.3: HDPE
- 3.3.4: BOPP
- 3.3.5: CPP
- 3.4: Global Polyolefin Film Market by End Use Industry
- 3.4.1: Packaging
- 3.4.2: Construction
- 3.4.3: Agriculture
- 3.4.4: Others
- 3.5: Global Polyolefin Film Market by Application Type
- 3.5.1: Blown Film Extrusion
- 3.5.2: Cast Film Extrusion
- 3.5.3: Others
- 3.6: Global Polyolefin Film Market by Film Type
- 3.5.1: Shrink Film
- 3.5.2: Stretch Film
- 3.5.3: Others
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region
- 4.1: Global Polyolefin Film Market by Region
- 4.2: North American Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.2.1: Market by Product
- 4.2.2: United States Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.2.3: Canadian Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.2.4: Mexican Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.3: European Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.3.1: Market by Product
- 4.3.2: Russian Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.3.3: French Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.3.5: German Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.3.6: Italian Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.3.7: United Kingdom Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.4: APAC Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.4.1: Market by Product
- 4.4.2: Chinese Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.4.3: Indian Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.4.4: The Korean Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.4.5: The Japanese Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.4.6: The Indonesian Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.5: ROW Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.5.1: Market by Product
- 4.5.2: Turkey Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.5.3: Brazilian Polyolefin Film Market
- 4.5.4: Iranian Polyolefin Film Market
5. Competitor Analysis
- 5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
- 5.2: Market Share Analysis
- 5.3: Operational Integration
- 5.4: Geographical Reach
- 5.5: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
- 6.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
- 6.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Global Polyolefin Film Market by Polymer Type
- 6.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Global Polyolefin Film Market by End Use Industries
- 6.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Global Polyolefin Film Market by Technology
- 6.1.4: Growth Opportunities for the Global Polyolefin Film Market by Film Type
- 6.1.6: Growth Opportunities for the Global Polyolefin Film Market by Region
- 6.2: Emerging Trends in the Global Polyolefin Film Market
- 6.3: Strategic Analysis
- 6.3.1: New Product Development
- 6.3.2: Capacity Expansion in the Global Polyolefin Film Market
- 6.3.3: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures in the Global Polyolefin Film
7. Company Profiles of Leading Player
- 7.1: Jindal Poly Films.
- 7.2: Mitsui Chemicals
- 7.3: Berry Plastics.
- 7.4: Toray Industries
- 7.5: Toyobo Company
- 7.6: Amcor Flexible
- 7.7: Innovia Films
- 7.8: Vibac Group
- 7.9: Garware Polyester
- 7.10: Uflex Limited