The future of the probe card market looks attractive with opportunities in the electrical testing of the integrated circuit in the semiconductor industry. The global probe card market is expected to reach an estimated $2 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 4.5% from 2018 to 2023. The major growth drivers for this market are increasing demand for integrated circuits (ICs), growth in high-frequency testing, and increase in wafer size.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the probe card industry, include the development of probe card to reduce the cost of testing and introduction of die stacking for advanced 2.5D and 3D stacked packages.
A total of 84 figures / charts and 61 tables are provided in this 160 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of this probe card market report download the report brochure.
The study includes the probe card market size and forecast for the global probe card market through 2023, segmented by product type, manufacturing technology, IC type, and region as follows:
Probe Card Market by Product Type [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
Probe Card Market by Manufacturing Technology [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
Probe Card Market by IC Type [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
- Foundry & Logic
Probe Card Market by Region [$M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
Some of the probe card companies profiled in this report include FormFactor, Micronics Japan Co., Technoprobe, Japan Electronic Materials, MPI Corporation, Nidec SV TCL, Microfriend, Korea Instrument, Will Technology, and TSE and others.
Lucintel forecasts that advanced probe card will remain the largest product type and witness the highest growth during the forecast period as it eliminates the limitations related to probe area, pad layout, and extreme environment conditions.
Probe cards are used for electrical testing of different types of IC such as, foundry & logic, DRAM (Dynamic random-access memory), and flash. Foundry & logic will remain the largest type and witness the highest growth during the forecast period supported by the growth of semiconductor industry
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest region and witness the highest growth during the forecast period supported by increasing production of integrated circuit in Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, and China. The presence of prominent IC manufacturers in these countries is also leading the demand for this region.
Some of the features of "Probe Card Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis" Include:
- Market size estimates: Global probe card market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by application, and end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: Global probe card market size by various applications such as product, manufacturing technology, and IC type in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global probe card market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions for probe card in the global probe card market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape for probe card in the global probe card market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the global probe card market by product type (standard and advanced), by manufacturing technology (MEMS, Cantilever, Vertical, and Others), by IC type (DRAM, Flash, and Foundry & Logic), and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the probe card market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the probe card market?
- Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this probe card market and reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the probe card market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the probe card market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this probe card market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this probe card area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via product substitution?
- Q.11 What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years in this probe card market?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Background and Classifications
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2012 to 2023
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecast
- 3.2: Global Probe Card Market Trends and Forecast
- 3.3: Global Probe Card Market by Product Type
- 3.3.1: Standard Probe Cards
- 3.3.2: Advanced Probe Cards
- 3.4: Global Probe Card Market by Manufacturing Technology
- 3.4.1: MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical System)
- 3.4.2: Cantilever
- 3.4.3: Vertical
- 3.4.4: Others
- 3.5: Global Probe Card Market by IC Type
- 3.5.1: DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory)
- 3.5.2: Flash
- 3.5.3: Foundry & Logic
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis by Region
- 4.1: Global Probe Card Market by Region
- 4.2: North American Probe Card Market
- 4.2.1: North American Probe Card Market by IC Type
- 4.2.2: The US Probe Card Market
- 4.2.3: Canadian Probe Card Market
- 4.2.4: Mexican Probe Card Market
- 4.3: European Probe Card Market
- 4.3.1: European Probe Card Market by IC Type
- 4.3.2: German Probe Card Market
- 4.3.3: The United Kingdom Probe Card Market
- 4.3.4: Italian Probe Card Market
- 4.4: APAC Probe Card Market
- 4.4.1: APAC Probe Card Market by IC Type
- 4.4.2: Taiwanese Probe Card Market
- 4.4.3: Japanese Probe Card Market
- 4.4.4: South Korean Probe Card Market
- 4.5: ROW Probe Card Market
- 4.5.1: ROW Probe Card Market by IC Type
5. Competitor Analysis
- 5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
- 5.2: Geographical Reach
- 5.3: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
- 6.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
- 6.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Global Probe Card Market by IC Type
- 6.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Global Probe Card Market by Product Type
- 6.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Global Probe Card Market by Manufacturing Technology
- 6.1.4: Growth Opportunities for the Global Probe Card Market by Region
- 6.2: Emerging Trends in the Global Probe Card Market
- 6.3: Strategic Analysis
- 6.3.1: New Product Development
- 6.3.2: Mergers, Acquisitions, Partnership, and Joint Ventures in the Global Probe Card Market
7. Company Profiles of Leading Players
- 7.1: FormFactor Inc.
- 7.2: Micronics Japan Co.,Ltd.
- 7.3: Technoprobe S.p.A.
- 7.4: Japan Eletronic Materials Corporation
- 7.5: MPI Corporation
- 7.6: Nidec SV TCL
- 7.7: Microfriend
- 7.8: Korea Instruments co.,Ltd
- 7.9: FEINMETALL GmbH
- 7.10: WILL-Technology Co.Ltd
- 7.11: Chunghwa Precision Test Tech.Co, Ltd.
- 7.12: ADVANTEST CORPORATION
- 7.13: TSE CO. Ltd.
- 7.14: Wentworth Laboratories Inc.
- 7.15: HTT High Tech Trade GmbH