The future of the optical film market looks attractive with opportunities in the markets of televisions, monitors, notebooks, and mobile phones. The global optical film market is expected to reach an estimated $21.8 billion by 2023 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2018 to 2023. The major growth driver for this market are increasing demand for larger screen sized televisions and mobile phones.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the optical film industry, include the development of ultra-thin polarizers and the development of blue light high transmission polarizers.
A total of 122 figures / charts and 105 tables are provided in this 203 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of this optical film market report, download the report brochure.
The study includes the optical film market size and forecast for the global optical film market through 2023, segmented by product, application, and region as follows:
Optical Film Market by Product Type [Volume (M Sqm) and $M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
- Polarizers Film
- Backlight Units (BLU) Film
- Diffuser Film
- Reflector Film
- Normal Prism Film
- Micro Lens Film
- Reflective Polarizer Film
- Multi-Functional Prism Film
- Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) Film
Optical Film Market by End Use Market [Volume (Kilotons) and $M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
- Mobile Phones
Optical Film Market by Region [Volume (Kilotons) and $M shipment analysis for 2012 - 2023]:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
Some of the optical film companies profiled in this report include Nitto Denko, Sumitomo, LG Chem, Fujifilm, and Mntech and others.
Lucintel forecasts that polarizer film is expected to remain the largest segment and it is also expected to witness the highest growth in the forecast period supported by increasing demand for television, mobile, and notebook displays.
Within the optical film market, television is expected to remain the largest end use market due to the continuous growth in demand for larger display televisions and declining panel prices. The mobile phone segment is expected to witness the highest growth in the forecast period supported by increasing demand for the bezel-less organic light-emitting diode (OLED) display and larger screen smartphones.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest market by value and volume and is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period. Economic expansion, growth in per capita income, urbanization, and increase in living standards across the region, particularly in India and China, are leading the demand for televisions, mobile phones, monitors, and other electronics.
Some of the features of "Global Optical Film Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis" include:
- Market size estimates: Global optical film market size estimation in terms of value ($M) and volume (M Sqm) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by application, and end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: Global optical film market size by various applications such as product, and end use in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global optical film market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of optical film in the optical film market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of optical film in the optical film market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
- Q.1 What are some of the most promising potential, high-growth opportunities for the global optical film market by product (polarizer, BLU, and ITO), end use (television, monitor, notebook, mobile phone, and others), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
- Q. 2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
- Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the optical film market?
- Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the optical film market?
- Q.6 What are emerging trends in this optical film market and the reasons behind them?
- Q.7 What are the changing demands of customers in the optical film market?
- Q.8 What are the new developments in the optical film market? Which companies are leading these developments?
- Q.9 Who are the major players in this optical film market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
- Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
- Q.11 What M & A activities have taken place in the last 5 years in this optical film market?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Background and Classifications
- 2.1: Introduction, Background, and Classifications
- 2.2: Supply Chain
- 2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2012 to 2023
- 3.1: Macroeconomic Trends and Forecast
- 3.2: Global Optical Film Market Trends and Forecast
- 3.3: Global Optical Film Market by Product Type
- 3.3.1: Polarizer Film
- 18.104.22.168: Polarizer Film Market by Technology
- 3.3.2: Backlight Unit Film
- 22.214.171.124: Backlight Film Market by Type: (Diffuser, Reflector, Normal Prism, Micro lens, Reflective Polarizer film, and multi-functional prism)
- 3.3.3: ITO Film
- 3.4: Global Optical Film Market by End Use Market
- 3.4.1: Televisions
- 3.4.2: Monitors
- 3.4.3: Notebooks
- 3.4.4: Mobile Phones
- 3.4.5: Others
4. Market Trends and Forecast Analysis from 2012 to 2023
- 4.1: Global Optical Film Market by Region
- 4.2: North American Optical Film Market by Region
- 4.2.1: Market by Product Type: Polarizer Film, BLU Film, and ITO Film
- 4.2.2: Market by End Use: Televisions, Monitors, Notebooks, Mobile Phones, and Others
- 4.3: European Optical Film Market
- 4.3.1: Market by Product Type: Polarizer Film, BLU Film, and ITO Film
- 4.3.2: Market by End Use: Televisions, Monitors, Notebooks, Mobile Phones, and Others
- 4.4: APAC Optical Film Market
- 4.4.1: Market by Product Type: Polarizer Film, BLU Film, and ITO Film
- 4.4.2: Market by End Use: Televisions, Monitors, Notebooks, Mobile Phones, and Others
- 4.4.3: South Korean Optical Film Market
- 4.4.4: Taiwanese Optical Film Market
- 4.4.5: Japanese Optical Film Market
- 4.4.6: Chinese Optical Film Market
- 4.5: ROW Optical Film Market
- 4.5.1: Market by Product Type: Polarizer Film, BLU Film, and ITO Film
- 4.5.2: Market by End Use: Televisions, Monitors, Notebooks, Mobile Phones, and Others
5. Competitor Analysis
- 5.1: Product Portfolio Analysis
- 5.2: Market Share Analysis
- 5.3: Geographical Reach
- 5.4: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Cost Structure Analysis
- 6.1: Cost of Goods Sold
- 6.2: Selling, General, and Administrative Expenses
- 6.3: Others Expenses
- 6.4: EBITDA Margin
7. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Analysis
- 7.1: Growth Opportunity Analysis
- 7.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Global Optical Film Market by Product Type
- 7.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Global Optical Film Market by End Use Market
- 7.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Global Optical Film Market by Region
- 7.2: Emerging Trends
- 7.3: Strategic Analysis
- 7.3.1: New Product Development
- 7.3.2: Capacity Expansion
- 7.3.3: Merger, Acquisition, and Joint Venture
- 7.3.4: Technology Development
8. Company Profiles of Leading Players
- 8.1: Nitto Denko Corporation
- 8.2: LG Chem
- 8.3: Fujifilm
- 8.4: 3M (Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company)
- 8.5: Sumitomo Chem
- 8.6: Samsung SDI
- 8.7: Polatechno Co., Ltd.
- 8.8: Zeon Corporation
- 8.9: Dexerials Corporation
- 8.10: MNTech